PDA

View Full Version : GTR brakes problem

89'240sx
03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
So, i seem to be digging my self deeper and deeper into a hole. i got a set of GTR brakes from a junked GTR. little did i know i needed the axle shafts.
so now i figured i could get a Q45 differential and axle shafts and this should solve my problem, while adding an LSD. but it seems i need the drivers side axleshaft from a 300zx-tt? is this true or can i get along without it?
I haven't bought the Q45 diff yet, so if anyone knows of another way of just making the car work, by matcing the stock R200 with the GTR hubs that would be great.
just for reference, i believe this would be the same problem for somone who would have bought 300zx-tt brakes in the rear
any imput would be greatly appreciated, as i live in edmonton and i don't get much of a race season, i need to be ready to go in a month.

japslapsilvia
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM
huh? why do u need axles for a brake swap??

stop and think about what you are trying to accomplish, there are a lot of people (including myself) that have GT-R,z-32 calipers on s-chassis cars, and havent switched axles to put them on. search its been covered a million times.

89'240sx
03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
okay, what i'm trying to accomplish is getting the GTR brakes on the s13. so the problem is that the spline of the GTR hub assembly is too big for the 240sx axleshaft

devnull
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
The S-chassis rear hub/bearing assembly is a direct bolt-on to the Skyline/Z32 upright. Swap your old hubs back on or get a 5-lug kit.

japslapsilvia
03-30-2009, 01:55 PM
use the stock hub, no need to use GT-R hub on the s-chassis. if your worried about the "tab" on the hub, dont. u can cut the tab off. or get "tabbed" hubs from N/A Z-32...its all been covered

The Definitive 300ZX Brake Swap! (http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm)

89'240sx
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM
awesome thanks guys, yea i have read that thread before, it didn't really answer what i was looking for. since i have already bought 5 lug rims i'll have to stick with the 5 lug conversion.
So i can just buy 5 lug conversion hubs, and they will work with the GTR brakes and E-brake right?

projectRDM
03-30-2009, 03:33 PM
You do realize you're completely confused, right?

Brakes have nothing to do with anything else. Install the brakes, done. Nothing else is touched here.

Now what is your next question, you want to upgrade to 5lug hubs? Then buy them and install them too. Again, two completely different and unrelated things.

89'240sx
03-31-2009, 09:44 AM
yea i was confused, i'm not sure what i was thinking. i was trying to use the GTR hubs that came with the brakes. so instead of getting smaller hubs i was going to get larger axles. which would have made the rearend stronger but would have just complicated things.