PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Arcade

Sil1580
03-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Has anyone played this arcade yet? well... i have today and this game ROCKS!!! one of the best arcade racing games that i have played in a long time. My car is a blue type X w/only bronze te37's rite now. What cars does the rest of you guys have?;)

KiDyNomiTe
03-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Sil1580
Has anyone played this arcade yet? well... i have today and this game ROCKS!!! one of the best arcade racing games that i have played in a long time. My car is a blue type X w/only bronze te37's rite now. What cars does the rest of you guys have?;)

lucky cali people, the only good racing games we have got over here at arcades are San Fransisco Rush 2049 (which gets boring fast), and we used to have some midnight street racing game (which is the same as Tokyo Extreme Racer), it was fun at times, but very unrealistic, but I owned in that game :D

AmherstSR20DET
03-14-2003, 07:46 PM
Played it here in Buffalo, NY. And I have to agree with Sil1580. Even if you don't care for the anime series, the game is very good. Got the SilEighty myself, haven't had to much time to play it though.

Sadly, the arcade machine quickly turned into a hangout for some kids from a local car club that consists of nothing but riced out Honda's/Acura's and j-bodies. Ah well, I'll just beat them in the game and on the streets.:)

zephyr
03-14-2003, 07:57 PM
oh man...do they have an 8-6?
i bet that thing is WICKED fast!
:rolleyes:

Sil1580
03-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by zephyr
oh man...do they have an 8-6?
i bet that thing is WICKED fast!
:rolleyes:
Do you mean AE86? well if you do...then yea they do have them those things are quick if you mod them...I saw this one guys 86 and his redline was @ 10xxx rpm...

his game can get expensive :( but still fun as hell;)

KiDyNomiTe
03-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Sil1580
Do you mean AE86? well if you do...then yea they do have them those things are quick if you mod them...I saw this one guys 86 and his redline was @ 10xxx rpm...

his game can get expensive :( but still fun as hell;)

how does it work, is it a coin op thing where first timers choose a car, and you can save it. Then win money from races and buy mods?

How does it play, realistic? or is it really fake and easy to drift?

Kaizen
03-16-2003, 05:10 PM
while we're on the subject of driving games, i played this coin-op in vegas a few months back, it looked as if it weren't for the us market cause for the most part, it was in japanese. anyways, this was probably the most realsistic coin op driver i ever got the chance to sit in. it was mainly a drifting game having cars from toyota, nissan, mitsu, etc... now not only did it have an option of driving a drift track course or a mountain pass, but this game actually had gas, brake, and clutch pedals, along with left hand side shifter AND E-brake!. it was the only game i played the whole time i was there, and (saying this modestly) my friends and i started to have a crowd gather around while we took turns (no 2P action:( ). clutch drifting, side brake, fient drifts, this game was bad a**!! gran turismo style graphics and all, if i could have a coin op driver in my house, this would be the one! has anyone at all heard of or played this game? or does any one know the name of it?

NZO
03-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Played it for the first time last night at the Metreon in SF. Pretty fun. Had to go with the s14 Silvia K's :D

GotDriftS14
03-16-2003, 05:24 PM
they have it at Golfland Arcade here in stockton where i live, hehe...

SiL1480
03-16-2003, 06:45 PM
The mall in Tracy, CA has or used to have a night racing game with a bunch of imports...it had a hand brake, shifter, gas, break and clutch...was pretty cool, but you could just hold down clutch the whole game:mad: which preety just means a meaningless pedal.

Sil1580
03-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by GotDriftS14
they have it at Golfland Arcade here in stockton where i live, hehe...
Yea i played it there too last weekend. but too many wanabes be playing, they drive the hondas thinking its "tite" . I spent like almost $10 on that dam game when i can spend that money on gas ahahah
BUt i also play it @ Sac State too.