PDA

View Full Version : KA/SR Interchangeable Transmission Parts

Je-C
03-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Okay, i switched out my clutch and flywheel the other day and ran into some trouble. for one reason or another when i took off my clutch release sleeve, it came off just fine. but after pressing the release bearing onto it, it wouldn't fit back on to the shaft. i ended up taking som sand paper to the inside of the sleeve and shaved it down to where it would fit nicely back on. it's kind of hard to find someone selling just that one part so i was wondering if the KA release sleeve would fit/work with the SR one? anyone come across this problem? any advice is appreciated?

:newbie:

projectRDM
03-24-2009, 08:10 AM
You probably damaged the sleeve when installing the new throwout bearing. What method did you use? I've seen people beat on the retainer instead of the bearing, pressing it into the bearing instead of pressing the bearing onto it, this will crown the retainer and make it out of round, thus causing it to jam on the input shaft cover. The piece crosses over for both transmissions though. Next time, use a brass punch so that if you do strike it too hard, the punch takes all the energy, not the retainer.