PDA

View Full Version : vodka2

tokyo_black_uk
03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey guys.

I don't really want to post this but if it helps force the guy to send me what I paid for - or if it stops him stealing anyone else's money then I guess it's worth it.

Here's the crack:

I'm over in the UK, I have a 180 and I am looking for a pair of wide ssr sp1's. I found a set here on Zilvia (http://zilvia.net/f/wheels-tires/234607-ssr-sp1-114-3x5-18x10-24-black-3-piece-wheels-1700-a.html). The seller seemed genuine, he has loads of posts, loads of positive trader feedback, I searched his name and found lots of random comments, successful sales and nothing out of order.

I even went as far to find the guy that orginally purchased the full set of ssr's that vodka2 ended up with, he said they were indeed mint and clean (several trades for parts put them in vodka2's hands).

So with this research done I figured it's as safe a bet as I could get from a private seller in the US, we agreed on a price - $1100 delivered - and I sent the money on 12th Feb 09 by paypal.

Two days later he pm'd me saying he would send them the next day. Three days later I had heard nothing so I emailed the address I paid the $1100 to and he replied the next day saying he HAD sent the wheels around the 20th Feb. He said he had left the tracking number in his gf's car and would get it to me that night..

From that day onwards I have heard absolutely nothing. He didn't log back into Zilvia until yesterday. I sent 3 chasing emails and several PM's on Zilvia. I have no tracking number, no proof of anything being sent and even after vodka2 has logged back onto Zilvia and read my pm's he's STILL not responded.

There is only so much benefit of the doubt you can give people so I opted to open an official paypal dispute. I left this open for around a week with vodka2 choosing not to respond, so a couple of days ago I escalated it to a claim and I am praying I can get my $1100 back from him.

I feel pissed off, dejected and used by someone who looked very trustworthy. I'm $1100 out of pocket and I don't have the rear wheels for my 180sx.

My aim with this thread is to get him on here to reply and tell me what is happening, hopefully it's ALL some big misunderstanding, the wheels have been sent and I can cancel the paypal claim. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen but none the less I will pm him this thread.

Failing that I hope admin can ban him so he can't fuck anyone else over as badly as he has me. I'm happy to give out his personal details to help anyone with the above, chances are if he's ripped me off so well he will try it again.

Yours very unhappily,
Joe

C-unit
03-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Just wondering, Does he sent the wheels through surface mail??? maybe sometimes it takes 6-8weeks to UK???

tokyo_black_uk
03-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I'll paste the only reference he made on how he would send them:

Me:
"Also any idea on the length of time it will take for the wheels to be shipped over? A friend of mine bought a pair off a bloke in the states and it took them about 2 weeks vis UPS, was that who you got your shipping quote with?"

Vodka2:
"I dont know about 2 weeks , maybe 2 and a half. I got the quote from ups , maybe it was a more eastern state , but anyhow the final price is 2000$ shipped with insurance. The paypal is [email protected]
please add the exact address you want me to ship too , if its a buisness it would be great becuase shipping would probably cheaper and faster."

Note: the reference to $2000 was due to him forgetting I wanted just a pair, this was clarified in a following pm.

noodl35
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry I just read your entire post

tokyo_black_uk
03-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I have already got a paypal dispute/claim underway, here are the communications since I paid the full money.

Vodka2 @ 02-16-2009 (Zilvia PM):
"ah sorry bro , ive been a little busy havent really been on zilvia at all acually , ill be shipping the wheels out tommorow because today is presidents day and everything is closed , ill get back at you with the tracking also."

Vodka2 @ 02-21-2009 (Gmail account):
"ill get back too you later today with the tracking number theyre shipped already, my paper work is in my girlfriends car, so when she gets home ill reply with more information."

That's all i've received since he's got my $1100. No tracking number, no nothing. :(

Does anybody know this guy and can speak up for him? He's done a lot of business on here so some of you must know him??

tokyo_black_uk
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
What *really* confuses me is if he is just trying to rip me off then why has he posted this on his thread:

Vodka2:
"^ i sure do , i got two wheels left! 800 for both!."

I mean if your gonna steal people's money why not say you still have all four?

Does anybody know him and can kick his ass and make him contact me or reply to this thread? He was on Zilvia last night at 1:47am so he has definately got my messages.

HungryHank
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
go to your bank, tell them you made an unauthorized purchase and you just caught it.

tell them to reverse it asap.

tokyo_black_uk
03-19-2009, 03:03 AM
I already have a paypal claim underway so I don't want to jepodise that.

HungryHank
03-19-2009, 03:24 AM
I already have a paypal claim underway so I don't want to jepodise that.

nooooooo!

if he spent all the cash in his account, you won't get a dime

GO TO YOUR BANK ASAP

trust me. I used to work for paypal

Phlip
03-19-2009, 06:37 AM
nooooooo!

GO TO YOUR BANK ASAP

^^^ LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!
Go ahead and dispute this at your credit card while you're still within time limits, even if you do have the paypal dispute going.
I had already been made aware of this situation, I am going ahead and banning vodka2 from the marketplace now, and if SOMETHING doesn't happen within 7 days, from the forum altogether.

racer98
03-19-2009, 08:43 AM
nooooooo!

GO TO YOUR BANK ASAP

with pay pal there is only 45 days to dispute the transaction.

tokyo_black_uk
03-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I went into my bank today and they said I need to phone the fraud hot line and take it from there. They said there was no 'easy' way to reverse this.

You do only have 45 days to dispute with paypal, but I got my dispute in before that ran out so that is legit.

HungryHank
03-19-2009, 08:56 AM
well, we can only pray you win the dispute and your rewarded with the $$$.

if not paypal chooses you as a winner and you get nothing, talk with your bank asap and reverse it.

if he wins, talk to your bank and reverse it.

paypal can't control your bank funds, only middle man.

tokyo_black_uk
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Hey guys.

Well my paypal case is ongoing and I have been talking to the bank about building a fraud case but it's gonna be a long process which i'd love to avoid right now. If paypal is no luck then I will have no other choice.

I got a heads-up from a cool guy on here about Vodka2 posting up his parts that were for sale on Zilvia here:

S14 kazama Rucas, S14 Tein tension , S14 tanabe toe rods... (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/1089200508.html)

I emailed him at that link asking wtf is going on so it will be interesting to see if he keeps silent.

A really helpful mod on here has offered to help me go legal with the police to do this guy for fraud so if my money doesn't get resolved then that's the next course.

I reckon you should ban his ass.

EDIT: My friend works for the consulate general, who is aware of this and has his vehicle license plate # and if needed I could proceed with a lien sale on his car :D

Phlip
03-24-2009, 08:40 AM
He is already banned from the marketplace.

tokyo_black_uk
03-28-2009, 04:07 AM
well today was the big day for my paypal case, the case was decided in my favour but paypal could not recover my money.

i found this prick advertising his shit on the us nico club now, does anybody know any admins over there that could ban him and save this happening to any of their members?

tokyo_black_uk
03-28-2009, 04:09 AM
[email protected] is his new active email address, I'm going to post up all of the emails I got out of him here so its all out in the open.