PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pics/Photoshop

zilviabsessed
03-12-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm new here, but have been roaming around this site for a good while now. I have witnessed many newbies get flamed into a pile a charcoal, and have decided that I will do some searches before I ask the typical newbie questions. Well...I did a search and didn't find an answer. First, how do I post pictures in a thread and for my signature? The reason for this leads into my second question... is there any photoshop programs around i can download, say off of kazaa? If not would anyone mind taking the picture that I will (hopefully) post and putting on some gold skyline rims? I'm talkning about the 5 spoke ones from an R32. I hope those actually exist. Thanks in advance.

WD

btw, if a picture shows up below this, disregard my first question!

zilviabsessed
03-12-2003, 06:32 PM
So it came out as an attachment... I guess that works, but it doesn't help me with my siggy. I hope the owner of this car doesn't mind my using it for my experiment.

WD

zilviabsessed
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Here's a picture of the rims I'm talking about.

KiDyNomiTe
03-12-2003, 06:50 PM
First off those rims aren't skyline rims, they are just Nismo rims, not affiliated with the Skyline, except being on skylines.

For the sig picture, you need to find a hot that lets you directly link things, so geocities won't allow it, either will angelfire and most free sites. After finding a host, type in [`IMG`] insert the pic url here [`/`IMG`] (without the little `s)

I am not sure but you might be able to upload the pic, but I think that is only for avatars, try just putting it in the gallery on the main page, not sure if it will work, but prolly will. Try and keep the sizes small, notthing too huge.

And about the photoshop, most of us use Adobe Photoshop 7.0, some use Corel (not many). It is easier to put rims on a car if the rims are at the same angle in the picture, the ones you posted are at a higher angle than the car you want them on, they would prolly come out bad, but we have som good choppers on here and someone should be able to do something with it, but if you can find better pics of the nismo rims that would be great.

zilviabsessed
03-12-2003, 07:02 PM
I realize they aren't actual skyline rims, but they are similar to them and are what I want. My mistake though. I will try and find a better picture of them.

zilviabsessed
03-12-2003, 09:34 PM
I have windows 98 and I'm dl'ing Adobe Photoshop 7.0 do I need windows 2000 for it though? If so, can I run version 6.0 with windows 98??

96SEChick
03-12-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by zilviabsessed
I have windows 98 and I'm dl'ing Adobe Photoshop 7.0 do I need windows 2000 for it though? If so, can I run version 6.0 with windows 98??

You'll be able to run PS 7.0 just fine on Win98. That's what I'm using and I don't have any problems at all.

BTW--don't forget the serial number before you try to install PS. There should be a text document named "serial" or "sn" in that file (probably a zip file--hopefully) you're downloading (I assume you're downloading a version on a peer-to-peer network like KaZaa or WinMX).

Actually--just use the SN I got when I downloaded mine. A lot of the SN's they give you won't work--it took me like 10 different ones to find one that worked. Here's mine--but DON'T try to register the program--it won't let you since this number has already been registered by the original purchaser (not me of course).
1045 1209 6738 4668 7696

zilviabsessed
03-12-2003, 09:56 PM
You probably just saved me a whole lot of time and trouble 96sechick! I guess this will be my first project. I'll post the final product, if it turns out at all.:D

96SEChick
03-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by zilviabsessed
You probably just saved me a whole lot of time and trouble 96sechick! I guess this will be my first project. I'll post the final product, if it turns out at all.:D

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. Good luck and have fun! Learning what the program can do will amaze you! You can go to www.photoshopjunkie.com & learn tons, too. Lots of tips on how to do stuff w/ cars--color changes, lowering, etc. It's amazing!!

zilviabsessed
03-13-2003, 10:49 PM
Well, I got Photoshop 7.0 It took me quite a while to learn even the most basic functions of the program and I have a lot to learn yet, but I managed to squeeze out a couple of very basic and rough pics. Enjoy and tell me what you think. *Remember, It's my first time EVER doing this!!*

This is the better of the 2 I made.

WD

ruf
03-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Blasphemy! Put those XR4 Longchamps back on! :o

Dousan_PG
03-14-2003, 03:10 PM
WHAT! PUT THOSE XR4s back on that car!!!!!!
that's just wrong wrong wrong
what's wrong with you people! SHEESH. no taste!

zilviabsessed
03-14-2003, 10:35 PM
I actually liked the XR4's that were on the car, just not quite my style...whatever that is. Does anyone know how to change the color of a car without making it look all cartoony?? I tried, but it looks soo damn fake. :mad: