PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I am getting an IPHone now!!!

slider2828
03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
LM-2 Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Meter (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/ot2.php)

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/ot2ad.jpg

OT-2 “OpenTune” Interface

Coming in April 2009

The OT-2 is an OBD-II vehicle interface for Apple TM iPhone TM or iPod Touch TM and includes software performance computer, efficiency calculator, and advanced diagnostics. EST. MSRP $149 for the OT-2 Interface, Software download in Apple iTunes will be no-charge.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/OT-2.jpg

Features:

OBD-II interface for any late model car- ISO 15765 (CAN), J1850 (Ford, GM), ISO 9141, and ISO 14230 (kwp2000)
Wi-Fi communication from OT-2 Interface to Apple TM iPhone TM or iPod Touch TM
Compatible with all Innovate MTS (Modular Tuning System) devices, including LC-1 “Lambda Cable” Air/Fuel Ratio sensor controller, LM-2 Air/Fuel Ratio meter with analog inputs, TC-4 4-channel thermocouple interface, and more.
LogWorks Mobile TM software (a FREE application available on the Apple app store) features the following functionality:
Performance Meter – 0-60 acceleration, HP calculation, Lateral G’s, Timer (1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, and more.)
Efficiency Meter - Interactive efficiency calculator (MPG, GPM, and AES) Advanced Diagnostics – Record and analyze critical vehicle parameters. Read and clear DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). OT-2 required. Performance and Efficiency functions work without OT-2, however data quality and accuracy is dramatically better when utilizing the OT-2.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/OT-2.3_blk2.jpg

Benefits:

The Innovate Motorsports’ OT-2 “OpenTune” interface provides a link between any late-model cars or trucks and an Apple TM iPhone TM or iPod Touch TM. The OpenTune interface allows high-quality data display, logging, and analysis from any vehicle made since 1996, and integrates with Innovate air/fuel meters and other modular tuning components. The LogWorks Mobile TM software, available from the Apple TM online app store, is a full-function performance meter, even without the option OT-2 OBD-II interface.

Car computers these days are connected to hundreds of sophisticated sensors. The OT-2 allows you to “open” any car’s computer, and directly see what these sensors are measuring. Users can select multiple channels from hundreds of available parameters, and log the data up to 12 times per second. Users can also record many conditions, states, and codes as “status” channels, and reset check engine lights and other trouble codes.

LogWorks:

Since many top tuners already use Innovate tools, the OpenTune system allows users to email a log file to their tuner if they develop a problem or have a question. In conjunction with the powerful LogWorks software, tuners can also collaborate with other tuners by exchanging log files to get help with tuning challenges.

Company description:

Innovate Motorsports develops universal digital tuning tools for internal combustion engines, including wideband air/fuel ratio meters, sensors, gauges, data acquisition systems, fuel controllers, and software.

AZ89two4Tsx
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
What if someone calls you? Then what's more important? Your engine or your gf lol.

Enna
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I would just get a touch for it. If its like when you have the damn thing plugged in and playing music, then you wont be getting calls for shit lol. However if your just using this as tuning and not planning on keeping it plugged in, then go for it.

YoungGun
03-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Pretty nifty!

aoiken3
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
thats one sweet application but too bad its only obd II

palmdale_mob
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Aww no love for the OBD-I?

drift freaq
03-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Shit fuck getting the Iphone for that just get a Ipod Touch like Enna said. LOL fucking sick way to get a OBDII tuning interface on the cheap.

ronmcdon
03-17-2009, 12:58 PM
wait, i was under the impression that this was just for monitoring sensors & error codes.
article also says it has the ability to reset check engine lights.
where does it mention that it has any actual tuning capabilities?

I'd be also interested to know if the $150 device/software is application specific.
If I get this, can I monitor anyone's car with a compatible OBD-2 ecu, or would it be just for the specific car/application I purchased it for?

seems like a fun toy.
just the wide-band reading capability alone makes it worthwhile imo.

scottie
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Take that to all the haters with the Google and Blackberry touch screen phones. When will you ever learn its not just the phone that makes Apple so great, its the 50K+ applications! Very cool idea from Innovative.

Enna
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
I still say get the touch for this shit. It is a pretty sweet idea, too bad my S14 is OBD-I :(

:D

mangoes
03-17-2009, 01:04 PM
[email protected]

aoiken3
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
i'd like to see this in person. i hope you're going to the fremont bbq meet on the 28th!

murda-c
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
When is it coming out for winmo/andriod? lol

adrians_s13
03-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I saw this product at SEMA last year... its pretty sweet

slider2828
03-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Well guys, all the lateral G's and all the measurements are free!!! I always wanted to get something like the driftbox to measure G's and acceleration, now if you had GPS and it mapped out the course you were driving!!!! DAMN now that would be hot shit....

Its the Logworks Mobile.... So you can use it right now if you don't want the interface or the wideband readouts from the LM-2 or the LC-1....

I heard they will include GPS sooner or later, but man that would be awesome.... With attached to OBD-2 ports wow, you have a full measuring and monitoring device!!! WOW!!....

I have an LM-2 already, so with this box, I can already get measurements, such as TPS, RPM, (Air Flow In, but have MAP Sensor now), AFR, and 2 other inputs which I have yet to think about.....

Damn ... seriously....

Just to clear things up, the OPT is just used to interface wireless between the iphone the LM-2 and the OBD port...

trsilvias13
03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
This product seem cool if you can plug into any obd2 port and just read and clear codes. And then you can also read fuel ratio. This would be so useful if you own more than one obd2 car. Way worth it.

ronmcdon
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Think the I-phone already has GPS capabilities.
I know it already uses Google Maps.

Would definitely be awesome if you could use the I-phone as a lap timer for tracks.

slider2828
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Lap timer and datalogger for g's in a corner for suspension changes.... awesome!

240sxdriftin
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
haha about time, i knew there would be an app for this sooner or later...that looks pretty legit

BustedS13
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
if i needed a wideband i think i'd want a dedicated way to monitor it.

Toast
03-17-2009, 11:06 PM
id stick with my senses

LOL nah jk coool though

slider2828
03-17-2009, 11:26 PM
if i needed a wideband i think i'd want a dedicated way to monitor it.

That is what the LC-1 or LM-2 does.... The opt is just a relay signal to the iPhone.

ESmorz
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
What if someone calls you? Then what's more important? Your engine or your gf lol.

Is that even a serious question?

240trainee
03-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Now they need to set it up to be able to make it work for OBD-I/ a standalone system.

That would be fucking sweet.

slider2828
03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
I think you can rig it up for CAN.... Maybe I would ask them about that.... Its most likely possible...

aziankingz
03-26-2009, 02:17 PM
wow thats sweet.. i have a itouch too.. but doubt i would want to go through he trouble of hooking it up everytime i get into my car, plus its not for OBD.. but looks really nice though.

XeroX
03-26-2009, 05:52 PM
I wonder if you can switch it to not dim automatically since there is no input (ie you touching the screen). And also, i think this thing would really suck in the day time...i mean im sure it would be OK, but as far as glare with the shiney screen...i dont c this being practical at all during the day...however it is sweet....and IF you could put it in a place that is dark enough to c in the day time...but other than that...i can see this just being for bragging writes and running/reseting codes...i dont c it justifying the 150$ price tag at all at this point...

Recording Gs and all that is awesome however...glad to know you can still JUST run that on the iphone/itouch...

S14DB
03-26-2009, 05:56 PM
PLX Kiwi - Save Gas, Improve MPG, Drive Green, Reduce CO2 (http://www.plxkiwi.com/)

Flicktitty
03-26-2009, 06:14 PM
That's pretty cool.

mRclARK1
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Interesting. I'd probably just get an iPod for it though. The more stuff you jam onto a phone, the more likely it is something goofs it up and you're without a phone.

PLX Kiwi - Save Gas, Improve MPG, Drive Green, Reduce CO2 (http://www.plxkiwi.com/)

Almost 1/2 your posts are links. lolz

slider2828
03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Eh, Innovate Mobile is free...

S14DB
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Isn't it worthless without the OT-2 “OpenTune” Interface?

slider2828
03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
You can still get G's and stuff from it... I think the OT-2 is just for AFM reading and RPM stuff. I think you can still get it to work without it....