PDA

View Full Version : colorado springs

onesloka
03-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Im looking into moving out of AZ and thought about Colorado Springs, but i was wondering what kind of drift scene is there? Also is there emissions? I have a s13 with a redtop just wondering if i could bring it there.

onesloka
03-19-2009, 01:38 AM
is there anyone that can answer?

specialk2003
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
The drift scene here in CO isn't really specific to a certain city, but recently we have been using and are going to continue to use Pikes Peak International Raceway to drift which is really close to CO Springs. And as long as you have a cat on your car and don't have too aggressive of a tune, you should be ok to pass emissions. I don't live in the springs, but I think they do have emission requirements.

onesloka
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
cool thanks man. the sr is stock but i need a cat. we don't have emissions here.

denvemolorado
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
hey man, I live in the Springs and work for PPIR (afore mentioned track)...the drift scene here is failing...but I've been in contact with several members of codrift (whos website is also now failing...weak) and we're on a mission to bring this shit back to life.

The springs is a wonderful place to live, ton of sun, close to the mountains, blah blah blah...

If it's any motivation, we're trying to have weekly open sessions at PPIR right now...you can just come down, hang out, drive, whatever...like $30 per driver.