PDA

View Full Version : HELP KADE wont start

clay9110
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Ok so heres the problem. ME and a few buddies were sure my distributor was going out because once the car got fully warmed up it would cut out at 5k then the next day 4k then 3k, so thast what we thought it was. So I bought a distributor off of someone. My car still statred the day i took it off, but when i took mine off and put the other one on it wouldnt start, so i decieded to stick my old one back on and then again it wouldnt start. it started all the way up fine up until I pulled my distributor at first. I know that it would throw the timing off but not enough to where the car couldnt start. Also dont know if this matters but some one tried to crank it with out a dist. in for some reason. But still I cant figure out why it wont start. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED. And yes people are going to ask me stupid questions, so yes i do have gas the spark plugs are good and my maf is good.

nemesis3888
03-12-2009, 04:00 AM
just try buying a new one also replace ur rotor under ur cap my 240 was doing the same thing i replaced all that and it turned out to be a bad battery lol

gotspins13
03-12-2009, 04:21 AM
does it turn turn and wont start? or not even turn?
if so your timing is off cus when i took mine off and put on another one it didnt start when i put the other one on

clay9110
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
it turns over it just wont start. So im thinking its my timing. Im gonna check it out some more today to figure it out. And yes my battery works lol