PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it....

ZeRo
03-09-2003, 10:28 PM
...I'm actually going to Japan! I've been trying to get over there the past 2 years and my dream has finally come true heh..

(It's a good thing I didn't buy a front clip for my S13 cause.)

Going to Kadena AB for you military folks.

I don't know if I'll be able to make up my mind on what car to buy when I get there.

Any suggestions??

rash
03-09-2003, 10:40 PM
mmm what about a Nissan Skyline gtr34 v-spec II..

:D

christopher
03-09-2003, 10:45 PM
What kind of money are you looking to spend???

s14slide
03-09-2003, 11:20 PM
That's great man. I'm actually trying to go there myself. I'm from Hawaii originally and somehow got stationed in Pope AFB NC. It sucks man. I've been trying everything I can since I got here to get back to Hawaii or to get Kadena. But for the car thing, I myself would want to get a Stagea. A great sleeper IMO, especially if you could get it back to the states. Well good luck in getting what you want while your there.

wherezmytofu
03-09-2003, 11:22 PM
USDM >JDM

elevator
03-09-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ZeRo
I don't know if I'll be able to make up my mind on what car to buy when I get there.

Any suggestions??

Kadena ROCKS!! I was there 6 years. I am now on the Mainland. Stay Nissan! :D

SilviaDriver
03-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by rash
mmm what about a Nissan Skyline gtr34 v-spec II..

:D

agreed.

nrcooled
03-10-2003, 07:45 AM
Learning how to shift left handed will be the chore. Then I would get a r32 RWD (I would like to just say I owned a Skyline) but more than likely I would get 180sx

ZeRo
03-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by christopher
What kind of money are you looking to spend???

I've been reading around some of the classifieds over there (http://japanupdate.com/classifieds/english/?do=search&adtype=AUTO)and seen some older Skylines for ~2500. I'm gonna try to keep it under $4000 if I can. I don't want something w/ too much hp right away though....never driven anything w/ more than 155hp.

Regarding the shifter, I don't think I'll have that much trouble shifting w/ my left hand...but how are the gears positioned?
Like this?
24R

Or this?
R42

If it's set up like the 2nd example it could be kinda confusing hehe.

rancid240
03-11-2003, 12:13 AM
nope its the same setup as in the US. its just kind of tricky your first couple of times out, i often went from 1st to 3rd. i`d say its like learning how to drive stick again, but this time you know more about the clutch.

elevator
03-11-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by nrcooled
Learning how to shift left handed will be the chore. Driving here is EASY! The hardest thing is returning to the states after learning to drive here. When you start driving here you are thinking, "Stay to the left. Stay to the left. Stay to the left. Stay to the left. Stay to the left." When you return to the states you think that it will be easy cause that's where you've always driven.....but how quickly you forget! I have driven on the wrong side MANY more times there than here!! MANY! :rolleyes: BUT THERE people aren't so understanding as they are here. You get the finger and cussed out real quick! :)

elevator
03-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Here's the car for you on Okinawa!! http://www.mensoresurfing.com/silvia/images/DSCF0079_JPG.jpg

ZeRo
03-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Are there any cars there that aren't difficult to take back to the states? It would be nice to be able to take one back. Either that or just take a few SR20DET's back w/ me hehe.

rash
03-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by ZeRo
Are there any cars there that aren't difficult to take back to the states? It would be nice to be able to take one back. Either that or just take a few SR20DET's back w/ me hehe.

that is a old thread in this forum..as i far as i know its more expensive take ack a car that engine.There is why just import the engines.

But i dont sure..made a search..

SR240DET
03-11-2003, 10:25 PM
haha rash.. seeing your post makes me laugh... ( im not making fun btw... i understand english isnt your first language)