PDA

View Full Version : Steve A.K.A Steveshadows review!!!

deukalionS14
03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey,As some of you know my car has been in bad shape for a while. I had McKinney motorsports install parts for me while i was in Iraq and other than some minor timing issues nothing was wrong.A couple days later after running her hard a bit it started acting up and i couldnt rev past 4000 rpm and had a lot of trouble driving up to WSIR for the even on the 14th.I took it back to McKinney and couldnt figure it out what the problem was. we were going to remove the injectors and send them out for testing but i chose to take it to Steve for help instead to see what he thought.He offered me his diagnostic package (which was well priced. contact him for more info) and i took him up on his offer.Also, earlier this month i took the car to be dynod by him and was very satisfied with his service. pricing everything is very affordable and his KNOWLEDGE (i stress this because it means a lot) of tuning and trouble shooting is insane. Look up his posts and follow him around a bit if you doubt me.Steve was very professional and extremely knowledgable with 240's and SR's and within an hr had the car running great!!I had a massive vacuum leak that i couldnt find and the timing was off. The FPR was off and some other very minor things that when put together caused the car to run like ass and extra rich.I will be getting a Power FC and have him tune it for me too He took me out for a ride in his S13 that has power upgrades and a haltech stand alone which pushes 415WHP and i couldnt believe how fast it was and how well it ran. his car is pretty much stock when it comes to internals. He really showed me what it means to have a perfect tune...i think all he has done is cams and it runs like no other...i've never seen a car pull that hard and run that well. He sold me with his knowledge and ability and i encourage others to look him up here on Zilvia and hit him up with questions and service. hes a great guy and helped me get my car back where it should be...thanks for ending the 2 weeks of depression steve...

Vatche
03-02-2009, 09:48 AM
thats awesome, im glad steve helped you out.

ive known steve for like 6 years and the way i met him, he had helped me with some tach problems on my car back in the day.

but we stayed friends and he helped me out some times after that too. his car is nice, and he is one of the craziest tuners around. so yeah. one of these days ill get a power fc too and steve will tune it.

deukalionS14
03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Yea man he really helped out a lot. if it wasnt for him i would still be without power for a couple weeks im sure. he dows great work

Shmex
03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Man , I wish I was still in LA. Ivebeen wanting to take my car to him so bad. I too am having problems running rich, and timing is waaay off, and such. Glad your got your car back. I know how it feels being in the living hell without your car....

deukalionS14
03-02-2009, 10:44 AM
yeah man im really happy with his work. i cant wait to get the stand alone and see what he can help me crank out!!!

Shmex
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Ooh man I bet once you get the 'fc, you'll be gold. And by the time I get back hittin up the socal drift events and puttin it down. Tell me how it goes. Hopefully I can get him to tune my ca when I get back.

Paul2x
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Bump for Steve,

Just stay away from "the Spice" :D

deukalionS14
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
word Shmex! ill let u know! when r u coming back?