PDA

View Full Version : Yuck! Honda Boys talking about drifting.

240sx2Nur
03-08-2003, 05:38 PM
At the local car get-together I heard some Honda boys talking about drifting. They kept on saying chokidori or chokudori or something like that, as well as dorifto and some other stuff which are associated with "drifting". These kids really didn't seem to know what they were talking about or were atleast using them in the wrong context, so I want to make fun of these posers them next time I see them. What do these words really mean? Thanks in advance.

Integraholic
03-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Here's what you say. You go up to them and go, "Hey, I bet my car can run a lower 15 second quarter mile than yours."

Sniper-X
03-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Here you go: Chokudori = A side to side swaying drift which is done on the straightaway section of the track.

Feint Drift = momentum drift by starting w/ an opposite drift and using the snap of the car to initiate the desired angle for the drift.

Dorifto = Japanese pronunciation of the word "Drift"

Keiichi Tsuchiya = the "Dori-Kin" or Drift King. He = the mega.

Just make sure that when you're making fun of these "posers" that you're not actually being a poser and using the terminology incorrectly yourself.

drift into a curb
03-08-2003, 06:09 PM
LOL i have a honda. Does that make me a honda boy? I guess it does. So I went dorifto! the other day and on the straights we chokudori'd and then my car flipped on it's back. It wasn't as cool with my 240, but my Integra can out dorifto like any other, or so I was telling all my honda buddies...

PrettyMike
03-08-2003, 06:12 PM
You're not even sure what they were saying.... how can you say they don't know what they were talking about?

Dousan_PG
03-08-2003, 07:51 PM
chokudori is FUUUUUN

transient
03-08-2003, 08:23 PM
This thread reached it's useful end about 6 posts ago.