PDA

View Full Version : newbie question: car bounces

richesmoua
03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi, I am a newbie to this type of car. I just bought a s13 coupe with jdm s13 front conversion. The springs are a complete set of coilovers/shock combo. When driving the car it bounces a lot. I just want to know if is it a blown shock or is it the springs that just suck!

Sileighty_85
03-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Shock are blown

Look of oil reidue around the top of the shocks piston

richesmoua
03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
thanks for the answer

910noskillz
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
they may not be blown, cars on coilovers ride very rough for the most part......like he said check for residue around the shocks, but you may just not be familar with coilovers....there very stiff riding for the most part

Sileighty_85
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Decribe bounceing alot

Like My kidneys hurt bounceing (Stiffness)

or

a 15 year old Cadillac on original Shocks that bounces for 5 miles after hitting a dip? (Way too soft)

DCP94
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
a 15 year old Cadillac on original Shocks that bounces for 5 miles after hitting a dip? (Way too soft)

thats funny i see a lot of those around here..but anyways i'm gonna go with the shocks being blown because if it's bouncing that bad to where he posted it on zilvia then it must be bouncing like that cadillac..but definitely listen to what sileighty first said

cc4usmc
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
if it's bouncing that bad to where he posted it on zilvia then it must be bouncing like that cadillac

Are you kidding me? People post all sorts of stupid needless shit on Zilvia so that statement is nothing but fail. Besides, he already said he's new the car.

DCP94
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Are you kidding me? People post all sorts of stupid needless shit on Zilvia so that statement is nothing but fail. Besides, he already said he's new the car.

he said 'this type' of car i'm pretty sure if he has any general idea about how an automobile works he would know that his 240 bounces the same as any other car with blown shocks...he didn't just hit a pothole all of a sudden and think his shocks are blown he just wants a second opinion chill out bra

cc4usmc
03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
he said 'this type' of car i'm pretty sure if he has any general idea about how an automobile works he would know that his 240 bounces the same as any other car with blown shocks...he didn't just hit a pothole all of a sudden and think his shocks are blown he just wants a second opinion chill out bra

Well there's another assumption. There are plenty of people out there that don't know what they're talking about and don't even know what it is they have on their car. They're called... noobs.. braaaaaa

DCP94
03-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Well there's another assumption. There are plenty of people out there that don't know what they're talking about and don't even know what it is they have on their car. They're called... noobs.. braaaaaa

lol yea your right my bad

jspeedm
03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Decribe bounceing alot

Like My kidneys hurt bounceing (Stiffness)

or

so is everyone else going to speculate the answer to this, or is the op going to answer?