PDA

View Full Version : My f'ed up day car stolen

blueshark123
02-23-2009, 10:54 PM
So yea I had a very very crazy day today it all started when I went up to school for class at William Paterson NJ. I had been driving my blue 240sx for two weeks because I just sold my dd car. So I left my car parked at around 11am. I came out at 1:30pm I started walking to my car as I am walking to my car I notice some blue pieces of paint and fiberglass all on the floor. I started to look around for my car and notice it’s not there. I then see a bunch of glass on the floor from where the car was found. I realized they stole my car. I start calling everyone and anyone that knew about the car so my brother decided to put up a $4k reward for any info on finding the car up on the local forums. I head over to the campus police they told me they had one camera in the lot but it was a swiveling camera so it might not have caught everything. They told me they would call me once they reviewed the camera.They didn’t find anything on the video besides a black male pushing my car out the parking spot So I head home and as soon as my brother got home from work he told me to grab a bat and let’s go. I was like wtf is happening. He tells me that someone called him telling him that they now where my car is at right now but don’t want to let us know where it is exactly. So we head out in a hurry first thing that comes to mind is that these guys that called us could be the thieves also wanting the reward and they can always steal the car back now that they know my address from my paperwork in the car. So on the way over to where the guy were we see a cop so we let him know what happened and that if there is anything u can do for us. So he begins to call up an undercover cop to see if he would want to help us. When he came out he agreed to stake out the place where we were going to meet the guys who knew where the car was. When we got their the guys seemed like cool people so we head over to where my car was. It was parked on a side street close to a hospital so we call up the cops and let them know where the car is. So then the cops just asked the guys who informed us for ids after the whole fiasco was over. We decided just to give them 1k for helping us they were happy with that so I was I for finding the car. The car damage was only the rear bumper ignition and driver side window and they stole my gps radar detector and radio faceplate idk why just the faceplate lol. I was super happy we found the car in under 4hrs. Funny how we were able to find it before the cops lol. But thanks for the Newark police for helping us out. So I decide to take the front bumper off the car so they could tow it so I left it inside the car on the way over to my house I noticed that half of the bumper broke off and cracked my front windshield lol I’m stupid:duh:. I was kind of pissed but I didn’t care because I’m now parting the whole car now. I am done with modding cars for a while now I’m sick and tired of some dumb fucks coming along and stealing all the hard work and money I put into this car:rl:. So guys please lock up your cars and be careful where u park I never taught this could happen to me but I was lucky enough in finding it.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/silvia240sx/HL6I4814.jpg

s13gold
02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
WOW. at least you got it back in one piece.

blueshark123
02-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Yea thank god I got it back the funny thing is that i had a dream last night about my car getting stolen also fuckin scary shit.

RiversideS13
02-23-2009, 11:02 PM
congrat that you found your car back. but $4k reward is very attractive

blueshark123
02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
congrat that you found your car back. but $4k reward is very attractive

Thats why my bro posted 4k this news must of spread very quick. I strill rather of wasted 4k then have not got anything back which was well over 4k

YoungGun
02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm glad to hear you got it back.

You don't see that too often it seems.

brndck
02-23-2009, 11:13 PM
lojack = 1k.

guidepoint = like $25 a month.

ghetto lojack = like $10 a month

2way alarm = $200

glad to hear you got it back tho.

blueshark123
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
i would deffitnetly reccomemd some type of gps tracking u think u dont need it until its to late. I had kill switches but it didnt stop someone from clutch starting my car i think thats why the rear was smashed from another car pushing it

!Zar!
02-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Glad to hear you got the car back.

But your car mustn't have had the proper kill switches if it was able to be started from kick kicking it.

Anywho, that's water under the bridge now.

Good luck with your part out.

blueshark123
02-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Glad to hear you got the car back.

But your car mustn't have had the proper kill switches if it was able to be started from kick kicking it.

Anywho, that's water under the bridge now.

Good luck with your part out.

well they found out where the kill switch was also so that dosent help lol. thanks

brndck
02-23-2009, 11:35 PM
lol sounds like either you didn't do a very good job of hiding them or it was someone you know that took your car.

Anto
02-23-2009, 11:39 PM
These hoes wanna fuck my carr!

eli_eli
02-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Yea thank god I got it back the funny thing is that i had a dream last night about my car getting stolen also fuckin scary shit.

dude, that is pretty crazy, i had a dream when they stole my car too...except they never found a track of my car, and its been 4 yrs now ;(...glad you got it back...

amdnivram
02-23-2009, 11:52 PM
man i can't say this enough, but i think if i saw someone trying to break in my car.... i would put them in the hospital or kill them out or confusion and anger..... wonder if i would end up in jail lol

deolio
02-24-2009, 12:07 AM
clutch lock ftw. my car has been broken into twice, but never stolen.

HyperTek
02-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Not checked for fingerprints, no suspect identified from the parking lot video, security seeing someone on video but after the fact and did nothing.

+1 for thieves yah!!

sucks man. You didnt report this to insurance did you? they will put that in the cars record which probably isnt worth it since u got it back

aoiken3
02-24-2009, 02:05 AM
just 2 weeks into getting the car and it gets stolen. cant get much worse than that. its great that you got it back!

FRpilot
02-24-2009, 03:11 AM
funny thing is that i had a dream last night about my car getting stolen also fuckin scary shit.

i have those nightmares all the time.

enkei2k
02-24-2009, 07:06 AM
man, i always liked your car after seeing it on this forum a few times...now what's good about that part out? heh

stiizy
02-24-2009, 07:14 AM
damn good shit blue as soon as you said school i knew it was at W.P. lol and of course it was found in Newark...

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 07:35 AM
man, i always liked your car after seeing it on this forum a few times...now what's good about that part out? heh

alot of parts are good on it lol. If u want look at my for sale ad it lets u know what i had on it http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/240819-s14-5-blue-sr-lots-mods-clean-13k.html

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 07:38 AM
just 2 weeks into getting the car and it gets stolen. cant get much worse than that. its great that you got it back!

I had this car for around 4 yrs its just that i was driving this car to school for the past 2weeks because i sold my dd and needed a way to get up their for the mean time till i got a new car

qwikspool
02-24-2009, 08:32 AM
good you got your car back.

legacy927
02-24-2009, 08:41 AM
damn man, we aint far from each other. this shit gets me worry everyday and night man...im glad you found your car...

DCP94
02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
at least you got your car back man...i got family in jersey city everytime we go visit we bring out the club locks and stuff..one time they took the steering wheel off my friends integra and put their own on

shmiddy
02-24-2009, 10:31 AM
crazy!!!!!

stiizy
02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
at least you got your car back man...i got family in jersey city everytime we go visit we bring out the club locks and stuff..one time they took the steering wheel off my friends integra and put their own on

Yep that's how they do it here...

i keep my car in the driveway and it got fucked up...

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Yep that's how they do it here...

i keep my car in the driveway and it got fucked up...

The sad truth our cars arent safe anywhere:wan:

drift freaq
02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
wow wild story congrats on getting it back intact.

DCP94
02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
The sad truth our cars arent safe anywhere:wan:

idk man my car seems pretty safe when i visit my mom in lynchburg, Va...but i still keep the door locked in case a little kid decides he wants to be a douche

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 10:55 AM
well in certain populated areas obviously i dont mean everywhere lol

DCP94
02-24-2009, 11:19 AM
lol yea your right my bad...but im glad you got your car back though..my friend never got any of his car back so you are super lucky

stiizy
02-24-2009, 11:31 AM
This shit is real life in NJ

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Q5SZ0MDEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea i know i got really lucky thank God.

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 11:32 AM
This shit is real life in NJ

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Q5SZ0MDEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Yea is newark still the capital of most stolen cars? Thats why our insurance is so fuckin high

legacy927
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
man, i remember i had to go somewhere near Sunset in Brooklyn, I got my shit on lock with an alarm, alpha wheel lock on my rear wheels, a club and i even steer my tires facing towards the curb.

S14TEENZ
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
sooo lucky to get it back....it mustve scared the poop out of you.

Matej
02-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow, you had 4K$ on hand.

DCP94
02-24-2009, 04:09 PM
yea i know a 4k reward is whatsup i woulda went out and looked for it myself lol but it was worth it clean ass car!!

blueshark123
02-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Wow, you had 4K$ on hand.

no lol but i could of got it if worst case scenario. I Believe this was the only reason the car was found because of the reward.

GTWCS14
02-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Glad to hear you got it back!

alindeman1989
02-24-2009, 11:13 PM
holly shit. Im going to have nightmares about my car getting stolen.

joeapple8
02-24-2009, 11:22 PM
That sucks man, good thing you got the car back, after having my camry for a while, I found out how easy it was to steal it... well when I get my 240sx running I will do my best to make it jack proof... =[ I would hate to see a car I put so much time into building get stolen, even if it only costed me 400 dollars to bring back to life

lolatclint
02-24-2009, 11:36 PM
glad u got ur car back. btw whats a clutch lock?

& pedal locks ftw xD

hailandkill
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
holy shit what the fuck were the campus police doing?

buncha tards. i work at WP sometimes too as the security guards that sit in the entrances to the dorms.

good shit that you got it back, i'd go apeshit and kill someone who touches my car

EmKayThree
02-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm glad you at least found your car and before it could have been gutted out.

My friend got his car jacked, was found in 2 days, completely gutted, the only thing they left was his alarm that they placed in the trunk...

blueshark123
02-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm glad you at least found your car and before it could have been gutted out.

My friend got his car jacked, was found in 2 days, completely gutted, the only thing they left was his alarm that they placed in the trunk...

Damn that sucks

blueshark123
02-25-2009, 02:30 PM
holy shit what the fuck were the campus police doing?

buncha tards. i work at WP sometimes too as the security guards that sit in the entrances to the dorms.

good shit that you got it back, i'd go apeshit and kill someone who touches my car

The campus police were all dealing with a case with drugs. Fucking assholes had nothing better to do so they all were on that case at the time. They think their actual cops but dont know shit about anything.

Drift S30Z
02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
This is a damn shame. I remember you rolling up my driveway in it when you came to check out my 240Z a few months back. My friend works as security on occasion at William Patterson, and he told me about the thread.

Was the parking free or did you pay? If you paid them, even if they have a decal that says, "not responcible for stolen vehicles," etc., you can still get money from the school, the reason being that they don't offer an alternative to parking with security for a higher premium, and that you can't park on campus if you don't pay. They have those warning labels in an effort to dissuade people from pursuing compensation and to limit their liability when they do, but it's better than nothing.

JNS14
02-25-2009, 04:01 PM
So yea I had a very very crazy day today it all started when I went up to school for class at William Paterson NJ. I had been driving my blue 240sx for two weeks because I just sold my dd car. So I left my car parked at around 11am. I came out at 1:30pm I started walking to my car as I am walking to my car I notice some blue pieces of paint and fiberglass all on the floor. I started to look around for my car and notice it’s not there. I then see a bunch of glass on the floor from where the car was found. I realized they stole my car. I start calling everyone and anyone that knew about the car so my brother decided to put up a $4k reward for any info on finding the car up on the local forums. I head over to the campus police they told me they had one camera in the lot but it was a swiveling camera so it might not have caught everything. They told me they would call me once they reviewed the camera.They didn’t find anything on the video besides a black male pushing my car out the parking spot So I head home and as soon as my brother got home from work he told me to grab a bat and let’s go. I was like wtf is happening. He tells me that someone called him telling him that they now where my car is at right now but don’t want to let us know where it is exactly. So we head out in a hurry first thing that comes to mind is that these guys that called us could be the thieves also wanting the reward and they can always steal the car back now that they know my address from my paperwork in the car. So on the way over to where the guy were we see a cop so we let him know what happened and that if there is anything u can do for us. So he begins to call up an undercover cop to see if he would want to help us. When he came out he agreed to stake out the place where we were going to meet the guys who knew where the car was. When we got their the guys seemed like cool people so we head over to where my car was. It was parked on a side street close to a hospital so we call up the cops and let them know where the car is. So then the cops just asked the guys who informed us for ids after the whole fiasco was over. We decided just to give them 1k for helping us they were happy with that so I was I for finding the car. The car damage was only the rear bumper ignition and driver side window and they stole my gps radar detector and radio faceplate idk why just the faceplate lol. I was super happy we found the car in under 4hrs. Funny how we were able to find it before the cops lol. But thanks for the Newark police for helping us out. So I decide to take the front bumper off the car so they could tow it so I left it inside the car on the way over to my house I noticed that half of the bumper broke off and cracked my front windshield lol I’m stupid:duh:. I was kind of pissed but I didn’t care because I’m now parting the whole car now. I am done with modding cars for a while now I’m sick and tired of some dumb fucks coming along and stealing all the hard work and money I put into this car:rl:. So guys please lock up your cars and be careful where u park I never taught this could happen to me but I was lucky enough in finding it.

Sorry to hear about the theft! I use to keep my cars in the garage everyday before I moved back home, my brand new Silverado would always sit outside! Poor truck :cry:

Mmm now that I moved back home because of School, the Economy, I have a bit more of a secure feeling, since its a gated community. But still. I always park next to security shed at school with its huge bubble camera, got my alarm since the 14 is freshly done. Other project is sitting in a warehouse slowly moving along now :D

But I feel for you! When I was going to UCI I went to get Boba, and I came out and my bf's 32 was gone, he just about had a heart attack. Same thing happened to his Sti when we went to formula drift. Ever since he no longer post pics of his cars online nor goes to events, he told me such gatherings are like prey at a water hole, for preds to stalk for potential things to steal.

I'm going for a 93 Fastback in a few weeks that a friend will drop off before he moves back to the Philippines, cost of living is just way to much over here in the states, and with the money he's got saved he's just going to live like a king over their he said and get another project over there.

So I'll have a stock prestine red fastback with roll up windows to tinker on. Sorry about your car, sorry also I ranted, I hate it when I read theft topics.

What're your plans now? Do you have another DD? My bf uses a 90 4 dr Civic, all white, with black trim, k swap, looks pretty plain. I got rid of my heavy Charger and went over to a Wrx as my current daily driver.

hailandkill
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
The campus police were all dealing with a case with drugs. Fucking assholes had nothing better to do so they all were on that case at the time. They think their actual cops but dont know shit about anything.

damn buncha fuck tards. yeah they are actual cops a lot of them are dicks. i got a ticket once cause i parked in lot 5d and didn't have a permit, but i'm security so i'm allowed to park there. douche faces gave me a hard time saying i had to pay it cause i didn't let them know ahead of time. i just cursed at em and got my boss in there and got away without a ticket. hate them

justin35ll
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Can't believe this happened not even 10 mins from me. Glad you got it back though.. Were you at dunkin donuts like 2 weeks ago? This car looks very firmiliar

blueshark123
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Can't believe this happened not even 10 mins from me. Glad you got it back though.. Were you at dunkin donuts like 2 weeks ago? This car looks very firmiliar

Yea i was at that meet could have been someone their at that meet lol Im thinking it is someone from my school or know i go their for sure.they were scoping me out for sure.

blueshark123
02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
This is a damn shame. I remember you rolling up my driveway in it when you came to check out my 240Z a few months back. My friend works as security on occasion at William Patterson, and he told me about the thread.

Was the parking free or did you pay? If you paid them, even if they have a decal that says, "not responcible for stolen vehicles," etc., you can still get money from the school, the reason being that they don't offer an alternative to parking with security for a higher premium, and that you can't park on campus if you don't pay. They have those warning labels in an effort to dissuade people from pursuing compensation and to limit their liability when they do, but it's better than nothing.

damn i need to look into this for sure thanks for that info