PDA

View Full Version : anyone into hockey?

phillofdfuture
02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
soooo anyone? whos your team?

Brian
02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Used to play for yearsssssss. 8 years or so.

stopped after I got into a car accident at the end of senior year high school.

THINKING about playing sooon.

(roller hockey)

Freddy
02-24-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm Canadian enough said

GSXRJJordan
02-24-2009, 03:01 AM
no.

damn, I was hoping to be first post and stop this in its tracks.

deadpirate
02-24-2009, 03:39 AM
im gunna catch ALOT of shit for this

i have been a anaheim fan since i was 8...yea yea...fuck you...

i went to as many home games as my dad could afford at the time (lol)

we would both hijack the tv from my mom to watch away games or playoff games

GSXRJJordan
02-24-2009, 05:29 AM

That's cool, its bonding with your dad.

If my dad liked to watch horses fuck gay dudes, I'd probably get into it at a young age, just like your dad conditioned you to watch hockey.

In all fairness, it's an awesome sport to play, but I hate watching it.

ThatGuy
02-24-2009, 05:46 AM
http://www.chriscreamer.com/images/logos/1/8/full/64.gif

Howard92884
02-24-2009, 06:11 AM
I like to watch the fights. Thats about it.

ThatGuy
02-24-2009, 06:17 AM
^See, and I actually hate the fights. I watch for the skating, passes, and shots.

But that's just me. I don't watch races for the crashes either.

If I want to see a fight, I'll watch boxing or MMA.
If I want to see crashes, I'll watch a Demolition Derby or something.

I'm just weird like that.

Dirty Habit
02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Ive played hockey for about 23 years. As soon as I was old enough to walk I was put on skates.
I love hockey. Huge Rangers fan, was a huge Vanbiesbrouck fan.

The NHL is slowly coming back. Everyone that hates hockey, needs to go to an actual game...its hard to judge how small the ice is and how quickly everyone is moving on television.

BTW. Ovy is way too fun to watch. Unfortunately I had to suffer through Jagr when I lived in Washington. Then again when he joined the Rangers. Alex has the ability to save the sport, a very skilled player thats not afraid to fly around the rink at 150mph.

lucky7
02-24-2009, 07:59 AM
redwings. i used to be into it quite a bit. lived in MN, and played hockey with friends every day. in the winter, on the pond beyond my house. in the summer, on the street with rollerblades. my dad has had wings season tickets since before i can remember. hockey is huge in this part of the world. i cant however, stand basketball or football. they put me to sleep. i can only watch soccer and hockey.

silviaguy240
02-24-2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.aspeniceatflemington.com/Flyers_logo.jpg

captainfalco
02-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Ive played hockey for about 23 years. As soon as I was old enough to walk I was put on skates.
I love hockey. Huge Rangers fan, was a huge Vanbiesbrouck fan.

The NHL is slowly coming back. Everyone that hates hockey, needs to go to an actual game...its hard to judge how small the ice is and how quickly everyone is moving on television.

BTW. Ovy is way too fun to watch. Unfortunately I had to suffer through Jagr when I lived in Washington. Then again when he joined the Rangers. Alex has the ability to save the sport, a very skilled player thats not afraid to fly around the rink at 150mph.

Sucks aboout Jagr, but we had to deal with him longer though (Pens), but at least he helped us win. He said he would rejoin the Pens for the league's minimum salary when his contract runs out in the Russian League in a year I think. He says he feels he owes Mario Lemieux.

Brian
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
VROOOOOM is also a hockey player.

I visited the local pro shop after probably 7 years recently. WOW. I was talking to the guy and got a quick run down about what happened between 2002 and 2009. So different.

Some of the companies are gone, some are new, some left, now returned...

Bauer went to Nike, then back to Nike / Bauer... now are seperate again... or something?

crazy.

Now Reebok has tons of stuff..... no more Bending Branches.

What's with all these one piece sticks now? Crazy composite sticks.

I don't see ANY aluminum sticks anymore.

Sher Wood still seems to have the same old wood sticks. Paul Coffee model. lol.

anyways.... Hockey is WAY cheaper than cars. This is a big selling point. :)

lucky7
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
buhahaha, i remember the paul coffee curve. :D wicked curve.

Brian
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I bought one for my brother this Christmas..... went into the pro shop, looked at the sticks (he wanted a wood stick), and boom, the familiar Sher Wood Coffee stick.

I've been browsing the online sites to see what's out there now. (shoot, back when I played, there were no online sites. haha)

I'm lookin to get some new skates, gloves, sticks... maybe helmet. Not sure. I think my old one is fine. Bauer 5000 I think.

VROOOM
02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Sher Wood 5030. i remember those. now all the sticks are composite.

I have an Innovative Carbon Fiber shaft from the early 90's at my house. i thnk it was the first carbon fiber hockey shaft.

lucky7
02-24-2009, 11:56 AM
i always used a junior easton aluminum.. i think i paid $25 for it like 10+ years ago. my brother played in HS (he's 18), and was captain of his varsity team. but he has some expensive ass bauer skates, with some air pump. they're like kevlar and baked to form his feet... my dad has had a skate sharpener for as long as i can remember. but my brother has all those new sticks that are like $200 a pop. the name "synergy" sounds vaguely familiar. i'll have to google it.

Brian
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Easton Synergy? probably.

I was leaving the game shortly after Easton Z Bubble came out.
I used a few Easton Ultra Lights... but always seemed to break them.

I was thinking of getting some Reeboks. I noticed that some of them have the air pump. Might as well... they are like the price of a front lip spoiler for a 180 bumper. ha.

SoCal-s130
02-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Used to play for a couple years. Totally miss it.

worangejuice
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
this is my favorite type of hockey to play
http://pongnation.com/shop/files/misc/tvgames/ea-nhl-ss1.jpg
I heart the 'Wings
http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2008/06/large_RedWingsTopPhoto.jpg

Brian
02-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Is that NHL'95?

djcobra
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I Am Canadian! haha enough said!

Dirty Habit
02-24-2009, 01:07 PM
That paul coffee stick had more vert than a half pipe. lol.

Love how some of the goaltenders are going with the all brown pads, like the good ol days.
http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/images/Habz05.preview.jpg
So awesome!!

lucky7
02-24-2009, 01:10 PM
i used to watch alot back when i lived in MN. but i dont pay much attention anymore. i kind of wish i did. oh well. believe it or not, ive only been to the joe, once. even though dad has to seats, row 10 in the corner. lol.

Dirty Habit
02-24-2009, 01:41 PM
He ever sell those? Let me know if he does, I may be interested at least once before the season ends. Its been awhile since I got up to the joe. I would need two seats. Thanks.

lucky7
02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
he has 2 seats and he sells most of them. :bigok:

smokingae86
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes,Duck fan since they started. am glad to hear that they wont raise prices on anything for now. lets hope it stays that way.

btw. chk out VS alot of games on lately.

Otto347
02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Even though the havent had a good season in a while they're still my team!

ThatGuy
02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
^You're not really a fan unless they're still your team through the tough times, right?

Hell, my Avs haven't done great since before they lost the best Goalie in the game.
Patrick Roy, the human BRICK WALL.
I'm not saying he was the deciding factor for their success, just establishing a timeline and expressing that I enjoyed watching him tend.

p.s. I'm sure someone will contest him being the best goalie ever. I don't care.:p
He could block off the whole bottom of the goal with his "butterfly" and his glove was faster than a cracked out hummingbird's wings. :rawk:

phillofdfuture
02-24-2009, 10:11 PM

hahah im a ducks fan to....no shame haha...hope they make it to the playoffs...kinda tight squeeze right now

Brian
02-28-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm heading out to buy some equipment.
Maybe pictures when I return?

racepar1
02-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I played roller and ice hockey for about 8 years. I actually still have all my gear. I've always been a redwings fan personally.

rbpowerds14
02-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT back to back champs here we come!!!!!

deadpirate
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
hahah im a ducks fan to....no shame haha...hope they make it to the playoffs...kinda tight squeeze right now

ditto...im watching the standings intently...hoping...praying...

Brian
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
okay, cool.

picked up some skates and stick.

http://www.discountgoalie.com/affilliate-images/thumb-nike-bauer-vapor-xxr-junior-inline-hockey-skates.jpg

http://img.inlinewarehouse.com/ProductImages/NB12S.JPG

Went with a Nike Bauer stick. Full composite.
Then figured, fuck it, let's get skates too, so picked up these Nike Bauer ones. Mid range I guess.

Didn't want to go ALL OUT on stuff yet...

Still want to pick up some new gloves and maybe other things.

deadpirate
02-28-2009, 05:52 PM
i challenge you to roller hockey rock and roll tandem death match!!!!!!!!!!

Brian
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure what kind of gloves I want yet.
Any suggestions?

98koukile
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM
^You're not really a fan unless they're still your team through the tough times, right?

Hell, my Avs haven't done great since before they lost the best Goalie in the game.
Patrick Roy, the human BRICK WALL.
I'm not saying he was the deciding factor for their success, just establishing a timeline and expressing that I enjoyed watching him tend.

p.s. I'm sure someone will contest him being the best goalie ever. I don't care.:p
He could block off the whole bottom of the goal with his "butterfly" and his glove was faster than a cracked out hummingbird's wings. :rawk:

Patrick Roy was SOO good that Martin Brodeur said Roy was his main influence. For a competing goalie, an amazing one at that, to admit that while you're still in the league says worlds about his skill. My team will always be the Bruins but the Avs are a close second.
I go to way more minor league games than anything else but nothing beats professional hockey, I just hope to see Sidney Crosby play live before he gets too old

I'm not sure what kind of gloves I want yet.
Any suggestions?

I have Bauer gloves from before they joined Nike and I love them, I'm sure you can get some end of season deals, they're kinda all the same just different padding styles

Brian
02-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I was checking them all out today.

Gloves all seem to have different styles (to me anyways). I'm looking for a flexible glove. Found a nice Nike Bauer one today, but forgot which model.
Was looking into some of the Mission ones too.

Wanted Eagles, but most of them are pretty expensive.

Brian
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/0228091349.jpg
So many to choose from.
I figured out that I like the 14'' gloves.... I'm leaning towards a pair os Missions...

Otto347
02-28-2009, 07:49 PM
^You're not really a fan unless they're still your team through the tough times, right?Yes sir, it just sucks that Sundin is with Vancouver now. Ive been watching him and the leafs since I was 14 when he started with them. But I guess with no cup in 14 years he decided to move on and try another team. Oh well

revolutionz_s13
02-28-2009, 10:28 PM
I go for Dallas Stars...mainly because they were originally the Minnesota Northstars....

as far as getting gloves, just get whatever fits you the best and feels comfy

Brian
02-28-2009, 10:40 PM
yes, I am aware of how gloves work, I was just wondering if anybody had a good suggestion for a glove they happened to use.

VROOOM
02-28-2009, 10:42 PM
http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/0228091349.jpg
So many to choose from.
I figured out that I like the 14'' gloves.... I'm leaning towards a pair os Missions...

hockey giant?

Brian
02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
yes sir!

that's a big ass hockey store.

sure blows Hockey Central or Hockey Street and Ice out of the water. haha

VROOOM
02-28-2009, 10:48 PM
yes sir!

that's a big ass hockey store.

sure blows Hockey Central or Hockey Street and Ice out of the water. haha

yeah its huge........ i should start playing again.

Brian
02-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I expect to suck SO bad for the first... 8 games.

SoCal-s130
02-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Wow Mission is in on that hype beast game with those gloves I see. Aha.

deadpirate
03-01-2009, 03:25 AM
I expect to suck SO bad for the first... 8 games.

lets get a game going BH...get some people together and block off a street hahaha

98s14inaz
03-01-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm Canadian enough said

You guys come out of the womb with skates and a stick...eh

jk. I've been playing since middle school and still play at least once a week. Although with the economy I've been playing mostly inline hockey...that and they built a rink 1 mile from my house.

yes, I am aware of how gloves work, I was just wondering if anybody had a good suggestion for a glove they happened to use.

Don't buy anything mission. Absolute garbage and falls apart. They should go back to making hockey equipment in Canada instead of Mexico.

Brian
03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
lets get a game going BH...get some people together and block off a street hahaha

Unless that street is made of Sport Court, I can't. I don't have "street" equipment. lol ross.

Brian
03-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Don't buy anything mission. Absolute garbage and falls apart. They should go back to making hockey equipment in Canada instead of Mexico.

Hmmm, why do you say this? I have had a few Mission things from back in the day and don't remember them falling apart.

revolutionz_s13
03-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Currently I use nike/bauer vapor XXXX, before that I used nike/bauer supreme 70's...liked both the gloves good mobility

racepar1
03-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Well I certainly can't be any help with new equipment. Even when I played like 7 years ago my equipment was old. I never really liked new equipment, the old stuff always seemed better. I have a set of ooooolllllllllldddddddd ass easton air shinguards. Those things could protect my shins from a friggin nuclear blast! I couldn't find anything new that compared.

deadpirate
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Unless that street is made of Sport Court, I can't. I don't have "street" equipment. lol ross.

then we take over a rink with sport court!!!!!!!!!...lets make this shit happen!!!!!!!!!

silviaguy240
03-01-2009, 02:59 PM

i know they're probably more than you want to spend, but my buddy loves his muskokas. hes had em for like 6 years and has no holes.

Brian
03-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Never heard of those!!

too late, I went out and bought new gloves today! YEAH!!!
http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/0301091952.jpg

TiNMAN
03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/shadowam2/Sharks_clean.png

was also a fan of the flyers and ducks... :hs:

played roller for school and a bit of ice on the side

wish i could still fit my gear. i had some pretty cool stuff. CCM, easton, etc

ahhhh, man. i actually miss it a lot. :wtc:

hockey is fun as fuck! ahhhhhhhh

TheTimanator
03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
http://home.mountaincable.net/~bearhale/images/Nashville_Predators.gif
go preds!

Preds 8 Redwings 0....last night :spank:

SoCal-s130
03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Damn this thread is making me want to start playing again. I think I am going to go pick up some new skates. Get excite.

Brian
03-01-2009, 10:19 PM
DO IT.

Hockey equipment is much cheaper than car stuff !

SoCal-s130
03-01-2009, 10:25 PM
I think all I need is skates. How much did you pay for yours, Brian? I am going to swing by Chicks tomorrow. Maybe they have some good going out of business deals. Probably have to swing by giant.

Bubbles
03-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I've watched the Mighty Ducks more than a few times, that has to count for something.

zorak
03-02-2009, 01:32 AM
no, i have seen the mighty ducks though, but hockey is not entertaining to me.

98s14inaz
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Hmmm, why do you say this? I have had a few Mission things from back in the day and don't remember them falling apart.

The stuff from back in the day was better quality than the new stuff. I still think easton and ccm have better quality stuff but I do see an obvious dip in quality and materials lately even with them :-/

Brian
03-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I think all I need is skates. How much did you pay for yours, Brian? I am going to swing by Chicks tomorrow. Maybe they have some good going out of business deals. Probably have to swing by giant.

I got mine for $230 or so... (that is including taxes probably). I bought them and a stick at the same time. Total bill was like 280... stick was 44 or something.

Totally killer. !!! yeah!

SoCal-s130
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Found a pair of Missions and Nikes that I am interested in. Probably going to go hit up hockey giant here in a minute.

Brian
03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
yeahhhh thats where i went this weekend.

Let's get matching equipment.
COME ON.

TheRonTom31
03-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Ha Brian you are really wrong saying hockey equipment is cheaper than car stuff.

I'm a Goaltender. The last pari of leg pads I bought cost me $1400 and I play so much that i get maybe 2 seasons out of them if I am lucky.

My last helmet was $500 and the on i want now is $700 before paint.

I'm a NJ Devils fan. Buffalo Sabres as well

Brian
03-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Well... my car parts cost a lot more than hockey stuff (in general).

Yes, goalies DO have expensive stuff from what I remember.

For me anyways, I am thinking...

(regular player)

helmet - $80
elbow pads - $50
Shin guards - $80
Gloves - $75
Stick - $50
Skates - $300
Pants - $75

$710 so far.

Shoot, I payed that much and THEN some just for coilovers.

So, in that sense (for me) Hockey is cheaper.

TheRonTom31
03-02-2009, 01:56 PM
No chest pads?

You guys don't have checking leagues?

Brian
03-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I didn't add everything, just some of the basic stuff off the top of my head.

What kind of pads do you have?

and pics of the helmet!! please. :)

TheRonTom31
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
these are my leg pads
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/IMG_1483.jpg

and here is my current helmet
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/helmet3.jpg

Brian
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Your helmet is AWESOME.
That's all painted? The cars and girls and whatnot?

NICE.

What are the common wear parts of Goalie equipment?

Do you need many sticks? Do they break sometimes?

What about blocker and catcher?

I could imagine the bottom side of the leg pads getting worn a lot I guess...

TheRonTom31
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Usually the bottom and inside of the leg where you slide it across the ice in the butterfly position.

My Blocker is the matching ccm vector blacker and my catch glove is a RBK 8k.

For goalies the RBK stuff is probly some of the best stuff out there this year. I am thinking about switching to the RBK xpulse leg pads in the next few weeks as they are the newer semi redesigned version of my CCMs.

I have an old CCM fiberglass brodeur stick i have had for 5 seasons now. I want to upgrade to a composit stick but they are like $189 and i hear they break alot more often

Brian
03-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Did Reebok buy somebody out or what?
(like Nike and Bauer)

I was really interested in getting a pair of their skates. That pump in the ankle is so cool... but I didn't want to spend more money than I already did that day.

Did you get that stick because of the Devils?

VROOOM
03-03-2009, 12:16 PM
i played goalie. the last set of pads i bought was in the late 90's(all Brian's gear) and i thought that stuff was so rad. then i stopped playing and traded my gear for car parts. then about 3 months ago my friend bought some new pads. HOLY SHIT!!! the goalie gear now is sooooo much nicer than the stuff i played with. i really want to start again but goalie gear is $$$$$$

TheRonTom31
03-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Reebok basically took over Koho and CCM's designs. (Goaltender wise)
I'm not really sure regular player wise.

I got the stick originally cause i like the specs that Broduer runs on his stick, curve, paddle length and lie wise. The allow for decent puck handling. I also like the Dipietro sticks.

The RBK pump skates are amazing. You can buy the skates a little big and pump them to fit rather than buying your skates a little to small and doing the wholeheat in the oven and wear around the house thing

i played goalie. the last set of pads i bought was in the late 90's(all Brian's gear) and i thought that stuff was so rad. then i stopped playing and traded my gear for car parts. then about 3 months ago my friend bought some new pads. HOLY SHIT!!! the goalie gear now is sooooo much nicer than the stuff i played with. i really want to start again but goalie gear is $$$$$$

Brians stuff was so awesome. Legit pads right there. Compared to RBKs or my ccms they were heavy as hell though haha

Brian
03-03-2009, 12:23 PM
the oven... ha.

I've never done that until these skates I just bought. I forgot that skates are smaller in size than shoes.

No more Koho? I guess that makes sense. I didn't see any Koho stuff at the store.

VROOOM
03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
no socks are more comfortable too.

TheRonTom31
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
yeah the oven was a great way to get your skates to fit perfectly. My manufacturers even shipped instruction on how to properly heat your skates in the oven then wear them around to get them to fit perfect.

Man the first few skates in new skates is always a nightmare. Kills your feet. I have had the same skates for 5 years now cause i dread breaking in a new pair

Brian
03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
haha, yes.
I am worried a bit about the first game (ok I lied, the first 5).
New skates. ouch. Brand new wheels. ugh. going to be so sticky.
Me not playing for 67 years. super ouch.

oh well, let's have fun.

I've never tried to the NO socks thing. Maybe I will...

TheRonTom31
03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
no socks is cool but the smell is horrendous.

Like so bad it doesnt wash off until like 2 showers later

VROOOM
03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
yeah, thats true but being a goalie you kinda just have to deal with smelly equip/body. that was the worst part about being a goalie

Brian
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
haha.

the SMELL is one reason I bought new gloves.

TheRonTom31
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I bought a drying rack. My stuff doesn't smell that bad at all. I think my catch glove is the worst of all. I have to scub my hand for like an hour to get the smell to go away haha

Brian
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
These are pretty cool
http://www.centericemagazine.com/images/Brian%27s_Leg_Pads.jpg

VROOOM
03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
These are pretty cool
http://www.centericemagazine.com/images/Brian%27s_Leg_Pads.jpg

i had these in Black and Blue. so wide at the bottom it was hard to crossover when you skated.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/brians.jpg

racepar1
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
no socks are more comfortable too.

WERD, I never wore socks.

Jeebus, stop crying about the smell. The smell is manly! LOL! I used to air my gear out for like 2 days on the back porch after a game.

TheRonTom31
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
The new Pro 11" "legal" pads are awesome. You have so much better movement in them. Its like night and day between skating with them and 12" pads

Dr. Acula
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I actually just went out and bought a reebok stick and a pair of tour skates. Friends started playing again and it interested me. I haven't played in a good 6 years. It took me like one full session to get all my shit back. And it's good to get out with your boys and have a good time without fuching with drugs and stuff of the sort. I'm 23 I'll be 24 in may. I have two teams. That I love. One mainly........

Let's GO FLYERS!!! Philadelphia flyers. But I like the penguins as well as a secondary. And phantoms as my AHL team.

racepar1
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Let's GO FLYERS!!! Philadelphia flyers. But I like the penguins as well as a secondary. And phantoms as my AHL team.

Flyers were always aight in my book, but the Penguins rule! Super Mario was the friggin man!

Brian
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Post pics, Dr.

Dirty Habit
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Im a goaltender too. I agree the pads now are super crazy. Take a look at them compared to the early 90's, its just insane.

I remember growing up all I wanted was a set of vaughn legacy's. They were the shit.

I still have all my koho pads I used to wear. Still love em. Still rocking a brians glove and blocker, super comfortable with a extra paded palm in the trapper.
Rocking the chris osgood special cat eye cage with the oldschool cooper helmet.
Had a koho mask, got hit with a slapper in the dome and it cracked it, and gave me a concussion. lol.

But yeah, the vaughn legacy's.

I think heaton and brian's are the same company correct? Dude sold heaton and came back as brians? I forget.

Watching the pregame for the redwings game right now. TRADE DEADLINE DAY.

Rangers got avery. oh shit.

WERDdabuilder
03-04-2009, 07:09 PM
been trying to go to a kings game for a while now, just haven't had the chance.

miss playing street hockey, shit was dope.

GAME OFF!!!!!!!!

GAME ON!!!!!!!!

Brian
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Can't wait to playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

TheRonTom31
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Im a goaltender too. I agree the pads now are super crazy. Take a look at them compared to the early 90's, its just insane.

I remember growing up all I wanted was a set of vaughn legacy's. They were the shit.

I still have all my koho pads I used to wear. Still love em. Still rocking a brians glove and blocker, super comfortable with a extra paded palm in the trapper.
Rocking the chris osgood special cat eye cage with the oldschool cooper helmet.
Had a koho mask, got hit with a slapper in the dome and it cracked it, and gave me a concussion. lol.

But yeah, the vaughn legacy's.

I think heaton and brian's are the same company correct? Dude sold heaton and came back as brians? I forget.

Watching the pregame for the redwings game right now. TRADE DEADLINE DAY.

Rangers got avery. oh shit.

Dude when I was younger I always wanted Vaughn Legacys also. I loved Ed Belfours haha.

Heaton and CCM were always the same company I know that. Brians was a seperate entitiy but Brian's stands for Brian Heatons. I never really got how the worked. Kinda like the Koho/Lefevre thing..... I dreamed about Koho 5 too.

What everyone think about Martin Broduer and his performance coming back from the injury. His style is so different and cool. Definitely the best goalie to ever play the game so far i say

ZX88
03-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Flyers were always aight in my book, but the Penguins rule! Super Mario was the friggin man!

hell yes fuck the flyers. oh and the sabres

Brian
03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
The Sabres just killed the Canadians last night.

Dirty Habit
03-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Avery is back. Played well, kept his cool.

Rangers won versus the isles. That rivalry is pretty hot again.

Woo!

TheRonTom31
03-06-2009, 09:09 AM
The rivalry is not hot, its just that both those teams suck equally as much.

Rangers will do better now that they have some character added by Avery but I think he has come too late for them this year

captainfalco
03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
The Pens won again last night - 5 in a row. We gotta play Washington and the Panthers again though, tough teams.

Freddy
03-06-2009, 06:57 PM
YouTube - Alex Semin Sweet Goal From His Knees (March 3rd 2009) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0hIBEdjnU)

candidate for goal of the year

silviaguy240
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
played some roller today!

heres my gear

mission he550 skates
http://www.discountgoalie.com/affilliate-images/thumb-mihejuinhosk1.jpg

mission h350 gloves

and a $20 CCM stick with a thornton curve.

got skates and gloves a few years ago on clearance for like 200.

i need to get some new ice skates though. right now im using an OOOLLLLLDDDDD pair of bauer premiers that were my bros.

Brian
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
nice.
skates look pretty good. "_"

pinkarrowsnow
03-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I play just finished my highschool season. Love the rangers and panthers heres me. Hat trick goal lots of flex haha.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/gtracer123/sickk.jpg

Slammed180
03-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm Canadian enough said

QFT.
Vancouver Canucks!
They better pull their heads out of theirs asses and shape up!

JJTRacer
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I used to play hockey, got 2 herniated disks and have been unable to play since.

I really miss it.

Dallas Stars is my team
Oklahoma City blazers for CHL

Brian
03-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Picked up another stick yesterday. You gotta have spare sticks just like you need spare body kits for drifting.

http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/0307091532.jpg

Flex should be around 85 now since I cut the sticks down a bit.
They feel pretty nice. Lindros curve looks good.

rbpowerds14
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
dam, when i read through this thread, it brings tears to my eyes, its been like 4 years since i stopped playing goalie. havent skated since either. i had an urge to play again, i called some leagues to sign up, left messages but no call back so i gave up. i still got all my old gear too, but im scard togo out and see how bad ill suck. maybe one day ill play again. old memories!!

GO WINGS!!!!

phillofdfuture
03-12-2009, 12:59 AM
anyone play at artesia rink michelle kwan...i wanna start playing goalie...but so much money for their equipment LOL

Brian
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
What is the Artesia rink?

VROOOM
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
What is the Artesia rink?

East West ice palace. its close to Gahr High. very very nice rink.

Brian
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh, never heard of it.
Is Paramount Iceland still open?
Wasn't there a Norwalk rink too?
Norwalk Ice or something...

VROOOM
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh, never heard of it.
Is Paramount Iceland still open?
Wasn't there a Norwalk rink too?
Norwalk Ice or something...

Paramount is still there. i work right next to it.
Norwalk i think is closed. i played for the Norwalk Condors back in the day. that rink was shitty. had a wall as one of the boards. the owners were cool. i used to go there and have them take me to the goalie room just to look at all the cool gear.

nismo tuned s14
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
I went to the Caps/Preds game Tuesday night. The Preds didn't play that well, but there were some great fights.

The Preds lost in OT.

presidential
03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Lightning fan checking in.

HungryHank
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I used to play roller hockey for the mission marvel club team before I quit hockey.

if anyone is interested in gear, hit me up.

I have wheels gloves helmets sticks alot of stuff

best shit you can GET, my wheels alone cost over 100 bucks....
my bearings were around 70......

i have old school mission stuff since I was sponsored by hockey giant, mission and some other random places.

located in los angeles.

i also have san jose shark vs la kings tickets on april 11th 2009 at 7:30

vip, row 18 with a parking pass

Dirty Habit
03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Going to the Wings - Blue Jackets game this sunday!! Ill try and take some pictures, should be an awesome game!

Rangers are still out the playoffs. They better hustle.

Correction. Rangers won tonight, Florida lost. Rangers are now in the last playoff spot...by a point. woot.

Also. Its awesome to have a hockey thread in this forum.

Brian
03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
A photo from Monday that I took.
http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/0309091907.jpg

Vancouver at Los Angeles.

VROOOM
03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
A photo from Monday that I took.
http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/0309091907.jpg

Vancouver at Los Angeles.

were those the all you can eat seats?

Brian
03-12-2009, 10:39 PM
They were the "Hey, what are your cheapest seats for tonight?" seats.
The VERY top row of Staples center. I thought it was just going to suck major dick, but it was pretty cool actually. You could see everything AND nobody was behind us to kick / spill / etc. on us.

win win win.

VROOOM
03-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I had tickets a week ago right around there and i got free food and sodas it was awesome

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/AYCE_480.jpg

98s14inaz
03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
They were the "Hey, what are your cheapest seats for tonight?" seats.
The VERY top row of Staples center. I thought it was just going to suck major dick, but it was pretty cool actually. You could see everything AND nobody was behind us to kick / spill / etc. on us.

win win win.

There is just something quality and real about the cheap seats. Not sure how to describe it but I enjoy the game more when watching it.

Brian
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I enjoyed it. The girlfriend enjoyed it.

We were high up, but still could see the blood on the ice from whoever it was on the Kings who got nailed in the face with a wristshot in the last seconds of the game.

Jesus, that was a hard shot.

Freddy
03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
best place to watch a game Montreal that place is crazy

phillofdfuture
03-24-2009, 01:25 AM
those keeping up with hockey...who do you think will take the last playoff spot for the western conference?

Freddy
03-24-2009, 03:50 AM
who knows it so close... but going for the blues something diffrent

Dirty Habit
03-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I have a feeling Columbus will beat St.Louis tonight.

I also have a feeling the New York will destroy Minnesota.

LETS GO RANGERS!!

TheRonTom31
03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I think St. louis will stick with it.

The Rangers have been tearing things up lately. I think they'll take it to Minnesota as well

Ithical
03-24-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm hoping Anaheim wins and takes 8th place and drops nashville and then blues get close to the 8th spot, fav. players are on both teams, Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne.

Dirty Habit
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
I think St. louis will stick with it.

The Rangers have been tearing things up lately. I think they'll take it to Minnesota as well

Rangers always seem to get hot right before playoff time..then ride it into the second round.
I would like to see them go to the finals at least once this decade.

I'm just hoping columbus stays in the hunt. 8 or so years since they were founded and not one playoff berth? Rick Nash could be nasty in the playoffs..

Hes nasty by himself, imagine if he had support like the other big guys do? He'd be insane.

TheRonTom31
03-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I would like to see Rangers/devils in the post season at some point

rbpowerds14
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
woot! how about those red wings over the oilers tonight!!!! presidents trophy here we come(again)!!!!!

Brian
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Has anybody ever bought "pro stock" stuff?

I've been looking into it recently....

Generally it is supposed to be built better than the retail stuff, but some of it I just don't get.

Nike Bauer - XXXX gloves. They are top of the line for the gloves. They also happen to have the XXXX pro gloves which are used in NHL. they seem to be crappier than the regular XXXXs.

Anybody know about this?

phillofdfuture
03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm hoping Anaheim wins and takes 8th place and drops nashville and then blues get close to the 8th spot, fav. players are on both teams, Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne.

i know...the game ducks vs nashville last night was crazy! i hope anaheim makes it this year...i miss the kariya and selanne pairing :(

Brian
03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Example

Nike Bauer XXXX gloves

Pro Stock
http://www.kempshockey.com/gloves2008/nbMHGVXXXXP.jpg

Retail
http://www.discountgoalie.com/affilliate-images/nike-bauer-vapor-xxxx-senior-hockey-gloves.jpg

The pro stock are like nylon or something and have a super basic palm.
The retail are leather and have a crazy palm.

(sorry, couldnt find them in same colors)

TheRonTom31
03-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Certain things at the pro level are made to be considered disposable.

Since i am not a regular skater IDK about their gloves. I do know that for say goalie gloves pro spec stuff is basically built to your specs. You can choose what you want the palm to be and what not. They are also built to be a better closer more usable fit instead of a generic fit. The nylon looking palm is actually probly a material called clarino which holds up and breathes better than the leather palms

Pro stuff also usually focuses on being super light. Leather is not as light as other materials

pinkarrowsnow
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Brian pro stock stuff is fine if you can find it. Its basicially just extras that the team never uses. Ive had plenty of friends use prostock stuff and not have a problem with it.

Brian
03-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I've been looking into it a lot.

I guess most of the teams do a year end equipment sale which is pretty cool.

Some of the stuff is pretty cheap.

I just didn't understand why the pro gloves looked cheaper than the production gloves.

There are a few pairs of nice skates I've seen recently on ebay.

The new Bauer's X60, which were dressed up like the XXXXs this year. That was kind of neat.

Also, Apparently the Reebok pro stock doesn't actually have a pump. The pump on the side is just for looks.

I pretty much have all my equipment now, so I doubt I'll be buying anything.
It is fun to browse ebay though to see what people have.

Brian
03-25-2009, 07:06 PM
ronnytommy31 - check these out

Chirs Osgood Pro Stock Zero G Leg Pads - eBay (item 380105776333 end time Apr-21-09 14:55:12 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Chirs-Osgood-Pro-Stock-Zero-G-Leg-Pads_W0QQitemZ380105776333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item380105776333&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50)

TheRonTom31
03-26-2009, 09:44 AM
ronnytommy31 - check these out

Chirs Osgood Pro Stock Zero G Leg Pads - eBay (item 380105776333 end time Apr-21-09 14:55:12 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Chirs-Osgood-Pro-Stock-Zero-G-Leg-Pads_W0QQitemZ380105776333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item380105776333&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50)

Those are quite attractive. I don't know how i'd feel about them saying chris osgood down the side though. hahah

still thats about $200 off.

I'd probly rock some RBK xpulse pro spec before the brians though.

Ohh I got bored sunday before my game and vinyled my helmet cause the sweet paint job chipped and got ruined
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/eghatchattack/379384120_1310367759_0.jpg

It did the trick 90% more shots were driectly at me. Must be very distracting for shooters

Brian
03-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Lol.

I just found out that the league starts on the 8th!

SHIT, better exercise for the next 2 weeks straight!!!!

I'm going to keel over after 30 seconds.

TheRonTom31
03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
that doesnt matter you a whimpy regular skater anyway. You guys get breaks to sit down and drink and catch your breathe and stuff.

Try staying on the ice the entire game

Brian
03-26-2009, 12:20 PM
haha, a battle, huh???? :)

yeah, I bet it's QUITE a workout to stay in the same little half circle that isn't much bigger than 6 feet across or something. :) :)

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/87/21387-004-E9C56280.gif

Must be exhausting. lol

TheRonTom31
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey goalies skate out to play the puck.

and our equipment was twice as much as yours and holds the heat in

adictd2b00st
03-26-2009, 12:49 PM
LOVE hockey, playing or watching or whatever haha Vancouver Canucks have been my team since the early 90's, even though I live in Buffalo and get crap for it all the time ;) Summer league will be starting up soon here again, i'm just playing pickup a few times a week in the meantime

VROOOM
03-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey goalies skate out to play the puck.

and our equipment was twice as much as yours and holds the heat in

and thier equipment weigh 3 times as much as a regular player.

rbpowerds14
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
haha, a battle, huh???? :)

yeah, I bet it's QUITE a workout to stay in the same little half circle that isn't much bigger than 6 feet across or something. :) :)

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/87/21387-004-E9C56280.gif

Must be exhausting. lol

play the postion, then restate ur statement :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

adictd2b00st
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
that doesnt matter you a whimpy regular skater anyway. You guys get breaks to sit down and drink and catch your breathe and stuff.

Try staying on the ice the entire game

not agreeing with the original statement that you guys don't get a workout in the net........but i've stayed out on the ice the entire game before haha

Brian
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
lol, just bustin' balls.

Brian
04-05-2009, 12:28 PM
cool shot

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5033/83832468.jpg

rbpowerds14
04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
woot! red wings beat the wild 3-2 today!!!

wings gave up a nice 2-0 lead but came back to win. osgood is still slacking in net and (if happens) will be the reason the cup dream will fail!!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuco8210
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
I hate the wings.. with a passion.. hockey owns all other sports.. lets go blues

^^ awesome picture of alex o's greatness

Ithical
04-05-2009, 02:43 PM
with the shot count of 20s to 50s(ish, don't know the exact count) it woulda been sad if Red Wings did lose

Ithical
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I hate the wings.. with a passion.. hockey owns all other sports.. lets go blues

^^ awesome picture of axle o's greatness

hoping both blues and ducks make it, so far ducks are in now just for blues

ZOMG_S14
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
finally a decent hockey thread!
im a sharks and blackhawks fan
played roller growing up for years, then i just started playing ice about 2 years ago. im going to try out for sac states team in september but there are no checking leagues here if your not in college or under 18, so im nervous

Ithical
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
finally a decent hockey thread!
im a sharks and blackhawks fan
played roller growing up for years, then i just started playing ice about 2 years ago. im going to try out for sac states team in september but there are no checking leagues here if your not in college or under 18, so im nervous

I used to play since i was about 5, roller, until a career ending left knee injury ended that. =( I miss it so bad.

BustedS13
04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
been watching the blues a lot lately. got a bunch of free tickets a few months ago. i can hop on the light rail a mile from my house and get dropped off in front of the stadium, which is rad

....and the cards home opener is tomorrow :d i'm going on sunday though, BAT DAY

ZOMG_S14
04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I used to play since i was about 5, roller, until a career ending left knee injury ended that. =( I miss it so bad.

yah thats what im nervous about. if i made the csus team they play some good schools, and im not all that big a person.
injuries suck, especially when theyre career ending.

been watching the blues a lot lately. got a bunch of free tickets a few months ago. i can hop on the light rail a mile from my house and get dropped off in front of the stadium, which is rad

....and the cards home opener is tomorrow :d i'm going on sunday though, BAT DAY

thats awesome. i have to drive two hours to see the sharks play. you should go to all the free games you can! besides, brad boyes and david perron are pretty sick

rbpowerds14
04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
with the shot count of 20s to 50s(ish, don't know the exact count) it woulda been sad if Red Wings did lose

easy-blame osgood!!!

rbpowerds14
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM

^^ awesome picture of alex o's greatness

dont get mad!!!:bash::bash:

BustedS13
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
yah thats what im nervous about. if i made the csus team they play some good schools, and im not all that big a person.
injuries suck, especially when theyre career ending.

thats awesome. i have to drive two hours to see the sharks play. you should go to all the free games you can! besides, brad boyes and david perron are pretty sick

yeah it's like a half hour by rail, half that by car but then you're paying 10 bucks to park plus gas plus hassle. it's great

phillofdfuture
04-07-2009, 12:50 AM
i will be trying goalie tomorrow for the very first time in my life tomorrow...spent 1k in three days...better be worth it LOL any tips from you goalies?

adictd2b00st
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
tips? yea dont flinch :) hehe

Brian
04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
AWESOME.

Looks like the brand new BAUER stuff is hitting the shelves.

When I left hockey, Nike just bought out BAUER and started changing things.

Now, NIKE just got rid of Bauer and the SWOOSH aint gonna be there no more.

funny how that works I guess.

I am hoping I can pick up some "old" stuff from Hockey Giant in the near future.

They are clearing out all the Nike branded stuff, so I just have to play the waiting game.

Ithical
04-09-2009, 02:26 PM
i will be trying goalie tomorrow for the very first time in my life tomorrow...spent 1k in three days...better be worth it LOL any tips from you goalies?

pucks don't hurt haha. Also learn butterfly, it's your best friend, as well learn to keep your goalie stick on the ground and poke-check. I played goalie for a game back in rec league and that's what i did. Don't get frustrated if you can't stop pucks. It'll come with time.

TheRonTom31
04-09-2009, 02:55 PM

keep yourself square to the puck.

Butterfly FTW.

Never put yourself in a position where you can't change direction.

Play the players not the puck. if you follow the puck you'll get burned on your blind side a lot

mrchomponthis
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
go ducks, screw Js giguare most over rated goalie in the National Hockey League. enough said

Dirty Habit
04-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Playoffs are here.

I say rangers in 6. Wooot.

(Probably caps in 5, but oh well..lol.)

TheRonTom31
04-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Goooo devils!!!

Brian
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
http://bhworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/0402091020.jpg

Check out my legs. sexxxxy.

I've been skating here and there to try and build some hockey muscle again. I'm killing these poor wheels. oh well.

Did a few 5 mile "runs".

Freddy
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
my playoff predictions

shark in 6
Columbus in 6 <- yeah that's right
canucks in 5
flames in 6
Montreal in 7
caps in 5
devils in 5
pens in 6

rbpowerds14
04-15-2009, 06:31 PM
my playoff predictions

Columbus in 6 <- yeah that's right

oh man, ur crazy!!!

lets go red wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osgoods time to shine!!!

Brian
04-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Anybody looking for some new gloves?

I got these Mission gloves and have used them for one game only. Not a single other time.

They are Mission Fuel WS (general lee) model. 14 inch.

I'm looking to get like $60 for them.

I have my eyes on some bauers. I want red gloves.

Let me know! :)

mrchomponthis
04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
sharks choked it! Nabacof 16 shots 2 goalsssss..... GITTTTTTerz forsure

Tom25666
09-16-2010, 08:33 PM
time to get out the defibrillator and try to resurrect this thread for the 10-11 season? anyone?

Brian
09-16-2010, 10:26 PM
yeahhh boyeeeee. Going to the Nucks game on the 1st.
I hope Vancouver has a good year.

Tom25666
09-17-2010, 07:28 AM
hell yeah! i'm going to nashville to see them play dallas in december

SRS BZNS
09-17-2010, 08:34 AM
AHL is huge where I live. Going to see a devils/Phantoms game on the 15th

My hockey season started about 5 weeks ago. I'm 3-2 not doing to shabby. Had one great game where my team won 9-3 against a pretty good ranked team

Dirty Habit
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Seeing the rangers here in detroit next week!! GO RANGERS.

Also nhl 11 is pretty cool for ps3

nathanong87
09-17-2010, 01:35 PM
i dont follow hockey , but i like going to capitols games! i like hockey because it's fast paced and has alot of trickery

Tom25666
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
i'm excited to see how some of these trades pan out. byfuglien to atlanta, turco to chicago, modano to detroit, halak to st. louis. i hope nj gets their money's worth out of kovalchuk

icycooL
09-20-2010, 01:32 AM
I happen to be a huge Ducks fan. I never used to like hockey, but my friend got me into watching it on the Winter Olympics. After seeing that amazing final game between the US and Canada I became hooked. Now I watch every game and have constantly been checking news all off season. Can't wait for the new season and to see what the Ducks can do with Getzlaf back and our new collection of players.

I'm also looking forward to see how far the Kings can make it. I know I know, I'm a Ducks fan, but I like the Kings as well? Yeah when I was making a choice between them and the Ducks for a favorite team, I couldn't choose, but decided I liked the Ducks better because I enjoyed watching their games more. Probably because of the insane run they went on toward the end of last season. Anyways, can't wait to see the Kings make the playoffs again (If they don't it would be retarded).

Brian
09-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Going to the Ducks game tomorrow. Got a pair of tickets from my rink for free.
As far as the Ducks, I'm just looking for ward to the end of the year equipment sale. I hope they don't do well this season so the sale is sooner. lol

ZX88
09-20-2010, 09:27 AM
cool shot

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5033/83832468.jpg

ovenchicken

My teams

Pittsburgh

Colorado

RIT

icycooL
09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
As far as the Ducks, I'm just looking for ward to the end of the year equipment sale. I hope they don't do well this season so the sale is sooner. lol

Oh nice man, I wanted to see them before I moved out to Colorado. Never got the chance :( Oh well I will someday, hopefully it will be when they put the team back together for a cup run. :rolleyes:

Brian
10-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Just got back from the Ducks/Canucks game. Got some lower level tickets for free. Pretty good time. Got a couple game used sticks from the Canucks too. Totally cool.

lainardisboss
10-02-2010, 03:28 AM
ducks sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Walperstyle
10-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Canadian here. Checking in.

I'd just like to see the Cup up north again. Minus Montreal.

Freddy
10-02-2010, 07:32 AM
ottawa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Habit
10-02-2010, 07:37 AM
^What happened last night? Oh thats right my RANGERS put a hurtin on them.

=)

Freddy
10-02-2010, 07:43 AM
whatever just pre-season

plus it shoot-out, were the worst when it come to it. even if we were the first to ever win one

Dirty Habit
10-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Lol. Preseason is the only season Im psyched to see them play. After that Im left staring at the tv asking god why Drury sucks so bad.

Im happy hes hurt. Captian Clutch my ass. Dude has no impact on the game whatsoever.

Tom25666
10-02-2010, 09:38 AM
i'm a huge dallas stars fan but we're just barely over the salary FLOOR, and need some new ownership bad. *fingers crossed

ZOMG_S14
10-04-2010, 04:20 PM

lol

i hope the ducks suck this year too! lets get some socallers more pro hockey gear!
maybe perry and getzlaf will get injured!!

Freddy
10-10-2010, 07:57 AM
it feels weird seeing the stick you help to make, being use by nhl pro.

allntrlundrgrnd
10-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Caps caps caps!!!

Brian
10-10-2010, 10:23 AM
it feels weird seeing the stick you help to make, being use by nhl pro.

What do you make?

Freddy
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I help make stick for dustin brown. Over the summer i had a CO-OP placement, Americans would call this internship, at combat sport. i help make the foam inserts and molds for the sticks.

NHLPA.com | News | Headlines | Dustin Brown, Kings look to hold court in 2010-11 (http://www.nhlpa.com/News/Headlines/370A8B92-58E0-4734-8528-31B3475165BA/Dustin-Brown-Kings-look-to-hold-court-in-2010-11)

this stick is not a lite as his old Nike Bauer stick but it stronger.

Brian
10-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh ok, I had a couple of his Bauer ONE95s.

One cracked through the blade very fast and one is going strong.

cool job. neat to know!

Dirty Habit
10-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Very cool freddy!!

Anyone else see our rookie (stepan) put up a hat trick in his first NHL game against buffalo and Mr. Miller?

BAD ASS>

t_rempel
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Canucks are my team. Excited by the look of the team this year!
I've also played since I was 5. No other sport I've played compares to hockey.

Brian
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
^^^
Oh good, I've got somebody on my side this year!

sil40d
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
St.Louis Blues!!!

ZilviaKid
10-11-2010, 12:53 AM
leafs dont suck shit this year! yay

Freddy
10-11-2010, 06:51 AM
if leafs stay healthy, they could win the division, easy.

BoostSlideWayz
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
gosh i remember when i used to be into hockey.. i went to a huge raffle and some how won out of like thousands of people.. and some of the kings best players singed a few pictures for me and then i got like 4 boxes of cards i still havent opened em yet.

ZX88
10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
college hockey season start Saturday!

kTrainHurricane
10-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I've been playing for the past 12 years or so. Have played AAA-level travel, been to a national championship (and was selected to represent the Southeast District in the skills competition), played high-school, prep school, juniors and college hockey. I have a handful of friends playing in "the show" which is pretty cool to see.

I was never big into watching it, but my favorite player has always been Paul Kariya - wherever he goes, I cheer for. I also cant help but to enjoy watching Ovechkin.

I also ran a pro shop for over 4 years so I am very knowledgable about equipment and stuff. Any questions, feel free to ask!

Brian
10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
who do you know in the show?

kTrainHurricane
10-11-2010, 01:59 PM
who do you know in the show?

Sam Gagner of Edmonton; Florida-brother Andrew Yogan was just drafted this year by the Rangers. Know a bunch of kids playing College who have been drafted too:
-Kevin Shattenkirk (BU/Colorado)
-Colby Cohen (BU/Colorado)
-Teddy Ruth (Notre Dame/Washington...played a few years down here in Florida)
-Cam Atkinson (BC/Columbus)
-Matt Rust (Michigan/FL...think they traded him though)
-Scooter Vaughan (Michigan...)
-Tristian Llewellyn (Michigan...)
-James van Riemsdyk (UNH/Philly)
-Malcolm Llyles (BC...good Florida friend)

Probably some more homies that i'm forgetting...my apologies to those

Not saying I am best friends with them all, but have played with or against them a handful of times throughout my "career" as an '89.

Tom25666
11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
what the hell is wrong with the new jersey devils? last place in the nhl after 10 games? really?

supervenom
11-02-2010, 01:22 AM
I started playing hockey when I was 8 years old. I used to be in St.Paul Minnesota all the time and that's what most kids do for fun when everything is frozen. I kept playing until a back injury when I was 17 y/o put me out of commission for about 2 years. I never really did get back into the game. I want to though...

Go Colorado!

Tom25666
11-26-2010, 09:08 PM
caps in the east and red wings in the west. who would have thunk. stamkos is on fire. can't wait for winter classic!

Matej
09-07-2011, 05:21 PM
R.I.P.

http://www.khl.ru/upload/images/lokomotiv_2010.jpg
http://www.peoples.ru/sport/hockey/pavol_demitra/demitra_2.jpg

mrchomponthis
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
wow people on zilvia played hockey.

Freddy
09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
ones of hockey worst summer

Brian
09-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah man, hockey has had a rough summer. The Canucks (for a few reasons) have had a bad summer, especially.