PDA

View Full Version : JDM s13?

Initial_R90
02-22-2009, 02:12 AM
hello everyone,
havent slept in 40+ hours so bare with me.

pretty much i was looking for some things to trade my bike for and ive come acrossed this.
http://www.hondamarketplace.co...t=s13 (http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2463305&highlight=s13)
he said he's a honda guy so who knows if its real i'm not an idiot this will be my 5th s13 all the others were USDM
anyone a "JDM" expert?
so far things ive noticed
1:two injectors in sidemount pipeing?
2:car was a q's now det swaped
3:seat is not a r32 seat
4: front bumper was red?
5: thought only j's came with bricks
6: factory oil cooler wtf?
another thing hows the title thing work he now has a nv 10 digit vin?
i know he's asking a little to much for it but i'm not worryed about it
you can get these nicer for like 4k in japan but its whatever what you guys think lmk please might send a friend to go and look at it this week

worangejuice
02-22-2009, 02:32 AM
you're 5th and you're not sure????????????
shame shame, just go with you're hunch
just saw it..........
The headlights look like the clear covers from toguefactory,+sportmax wheels -$200, + anybody can swap the engine to a sr20det, sounds very fishy, selling on a honda site for christ's sake.
anybody with more valid info??????
check VIN number??????

Initial_R90
02-22-2009, 02:42 AM
gonna get more info soon, yeah it might be my 5th but never really got into JDM stuff besides kouki taillights and silvia front with trip's and a ESSr swap

jimmytango00
02-22-2009, 02:49 AM
if it is not, that is a very very well executed RHD conversion.

Sileighty_85
02-22-2009, 07:55 AM
1:AIC (Additional Injector Control System)
2:Whats wrong with that? its a DET cuz it running a CAS
3:Thats ok
4: It matchs now
5: Yes only J's came with Bricks but ppl swap Silvia fronts all the time
6: Yeah Ive never seena Silvia's from the Factory with an Oil cooler

Drifting-pedobear
02-23-2009, 01:02 AM
ive been talking to that guy a lot, hes a really nice dude.

everything seems legit about the car from what hes told me.
he bought it from a shop in nevada, or cali i forget, it had jsut come over seas.

the car has obvisouly been tracked, seeing as how the tranny has a stage 3 clutch, and the car is swapped, and diffrent suspention etc. who ever used it in japan used it for fun.

the swap ws done by the shop, becasue as you may or may not know, the cars come completely dissessembled from japan. interior and motor, etc. so the shop put it in.

the only things ive wondered about is:

1) sideskirts, are they silvias?
2) rear valances, are they silvia aero as well?
3) is the tranny gona take a crap because of that stage 3 clutch?

i like the car, but there are jsut some things that make me shy away from it a little.

my 2 cents.

Sileighty_85
02-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Silvia's did not come with Aero from the Factory
Its probably some E-bay aero

Its a stock engine so your tranny with be fine, Im running an OS Giken Twin plate in mine, so your stage 3 clutch will be fine.

The_Doctor
02-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Silvia's did not come with Aero from the Factory
Its probably some E-bay aero

FAIL.
OEM Aero was available for the s13 in japan.

Touge180sx
02-23-2009, 03:24 AM
As far as I can tell its not converted rhd. I only see one interior pic of the car, but from the pics posted I say its real.

Sileighty_85
02-23-2009, 04:06 AM
FAIL.
OEM Aero was available for the s13 in japan.

You Fail

Yeah OEM aero is avalible for the S13 Kouki 180SX

Show me pics of OEM Aero availible for the S13 Silvia from the factory
Ex lip,Side skirts, Rear vailance.

The K's Bumper is as Sporty as it gets for the S13 Silvia

I cant see the pics right now cuz I'm at work but last time i looked at it that was some pretty agressive aero for OEM.

Drifting-pedobear
02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
thats what i thought too. but ive seen for sale the silvia aero yeah? its got 2 vents and a bigger opening. also, ive seen for sale silvia side skirts and silvia rear valances. were toes not made for the 240? only the hatch? im not sure just putting out what ive seen.

also, the interior is mint. absloutly mint.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z305/dirkadirrka/interior.jpg

the reason i bring up the stage three clutch thing is because when you have that hard of a clutch in ur tranny, it is gona be a lot harder on the tranny, there is not as much shock absorbation, so it can make ur syncros and gears wear faster.

read it in a issue of "Project car"

but the car is deffinatly priced high. it needs a lot of work in the paint area.

Drifting-pedobear
02-23-2009, 02:47 PM
oh and i have a pic of the JDM vin plates. its real. besides, whats the point of regestering a 10 digit vin... if ur car doesnt even have one.

the usdm cars dont have 10 digit vins, they have 17 digits.

when you see RHD cars being sold with a 17 digit vin, thats when a alarm should go off that its converted.

when you see a RHD car thats being sold as NOT registered, get ready to shell out about 3-5k to get it regesterd.

if you see one (like this) being sold with a 10 digi, then your safe.

heres a dirty picture of it. dirty dirty picture lol.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z305/dirkadirrka/exterior.jpg

kingkilburn
02-23-2009, 04:46 PM
You posting here with no rep trying to vouch for a guy who is not a member makes this look very fishy to me.

redsx13
02-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Its real

sileighty 85, whats the point of injectors on the ic charge pipe? there are no point to the ones on this car becase they aren't hooked up.

Sileighty_85
02-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Its real

sileighty 85, whats the point of injectors on the ic charge pipe? there are no point to the ones on this car becase they aren't hooked up.

Its like a cheap way of running more boost without upgrading the whole F/I system when you swap turbos or increase boost

Its normally used when N/A cars are boosted.

guy before him probably bought it from someone selling it cheap to upgrade the stock I/C pipe to a larger diameter

Drifting-pedobear
02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
well when i talked to the guy, he told me that the only things he put on it were the rims. everything else came on it from japan.

the bummer part with a 10 digit vin, and a japanese car is not being able to do a carfax. i think.

if you are so skeptic my advice is dont get it, so do what your gut tells you. if something doesnt feel right, most of the time it wont be. ur gut is ur best friend in a situation like this ;)

kingkilburn, sorry you feel that way. he doesnt have to listine to me.

redsx13
02-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Its like a cheap way of running more boost without upgrading the whole F/I system when you swap turbos or increase boost

Its normally used when N/A cars are boosted.

guy before him probably bought it from someone selling it cheap to upgrade the stock I/C pipe to a larger diameter

what kind of computer would you use to control those? you would think that cost just as much to buy larger injectors than it would be to run an injection system like that.

Sileighty_85
02-24-2009, 02:06 PM
HKS makes a system HKS USA AIC III Si (Additional Injector Controller) (http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=638)

Yeah i wondered about that the price you would pay for this system(around $600) you could buy all the injectors (+500) depeneding on the engine

but then you would need need tuning if you went with out the AIC($500+)

OP: One sure fire way to check if its a J-Spec Silvia is to check the inside REAR Fender from inside the trunk the area in between the rear tire and rear bumper

USDM S13's all came with Rear fender Parking lights

J-Spec S13 did not.

Look at the fender from the inside to see if its been shaved.

Also check the Frame Rails too

J-Spec S13 are missing a section
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/179407-jdm-framerails-vs-usdm-cdm-framerails.html