PDA

View Full Version : All black suit for wedding. Appropriate or Not?

GluedMyNuts
02-22-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm going to a Chinese wedding and I don't want to feel so plain with a white shirt and a black tie. I only have a white shirt and a black shirt. As for ties, I have black, red, purple, and gray. I feel that all black is kinda of pimp but at the same time I feel I might offend others as if I were going to a funeral or something. Should I just play safe and wear a white shirt or go all black or just a black shirt with a red tie or something? Opinions and tips are welcome!!! Thanks!

KA-Kait
02-22-2009, 01:02 AM
All black pants, black shirt, black jacket is FINE as long as you have a colored tie. Maybe match the red with something else. I think it'd look super nice. and no. no funeral attire. just make sure you have some form of color and i think you'd be fine.

Kaizen.
02-22-2009, 01:06 AM
black on black is sick, but duno for a chinese wedding. Im chinese myself and I know there are certain rules bout dressing like a funeral reception to a wedding. Best bet is to ask a older chinese person, i would ask moms for ya, but its too late to call. GL

HyperTek
02-22-2009, 01:30 AM
when is it? hit up a theft store and pick up a sports coat/blazer and throw that over the white shirt. I picked up a nice coat from goodwill b4 on a last notice event, got it dry cleaned and it was poppin, i use it all the time.

tbowzer
02-22-2009, 01:33 AM
all black with deep burgundy bow tie...
http://boxwish.com/product/image/661/large/product_00196_deep_red_bow_tie.jpg

gangster..

GluedMyNuts
02-22-2009, 02:51 AM
I have a blazer but I think it's too casual. I know Chinese people are big on red in weddings, so I think I might just throw on the red tie with the black shirt or something because I'm a clumsy eater and dont want to stain the white shirt lol. I tried to follow the step by step instruction to tie the bow and I got totally lost. I can barely tie a good half windsor after like 10 attempts or so.

worangejuice
02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
this thread is SUPER GAY

RiversideS13
02-22-2009, 03:02 AM
That is fine. i just went to a chinese wedding in LA few weeks ago and most of guys just wearing black suit. i think usually people do not really care about what you dress in Chinese wedding because most of them are worst dresser lol.

but yeah avoid wearing all black ( i mean including the shirt), otherwise you would look like a ninja

Oilcover
02-22-2009, 06:22 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/aajbj9.jpg

soreballz
02-22-2009, 06:28 AM
^^ahahahahahaha. Nice.

when is it? hit up a theft store and pick up a sports coat/blazer and throw that over the white shirt. I picked up a nice coat from goodwill b4 on a last notice event, got it dry cleaned and it was poppin, i use it all the time.
Theft store? Where can I find one of those?!

:coold:

98s14inaz
02-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Wedding funeral I don't see much of a difference. In fact the songs start the same way.

murda-c
02-22-2009, 09:14 AM
And i get drunk at both.

ayuaddict
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM

hahahahaha oh fuck hahaha.

BustedS13
02-22-2009, 01:57 PM
wear a white shirt, jackass. it's not YOUR wedding

/gay

Mangudai
02-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Hahahaha good shit

alindeman1989
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
^^^^ best pic ever.

DCP94
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM

damn.. lol thats funny

azndoc
02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I was just at home for a friend's wedding.

The groom and all the groomsmen wore tux with black shirt and black tie.

I think it just depends on the situation.

But seriously white shirt with red or blue tie.

Done.

One time I went to a funeral where a girl wore a red dress. That made for some chatty conversation amongst the older generation.

trsilvias13
02-23-2009, 12:54 AM
For a traditional chinese wedding, never wear a black tie. It signify death. Again depending how how traditional the family is, they may see it as if you wish death upon them. Black pant, jacket is fine. Go with a white shirt and red or gold tie - even though it is simple, you will not offend them. Red or cold are good colors to wear.

Or you can be pimp and wear all gold. haha

TiNMAN
02-23-2009, 01:23 AM
whatever you can pull off man

adrians_s13
02-23-2009, 01:26 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

theicecreamdan
02-23-2009, 09:51 AM
The way I see it is this:

If you're not the groom, (or in my case next month the best man) you should look plain. Look good, and plain. You don't want to out do the man of the day.

mobilesuit818
02-23-2009, 10:43 AM
It all depends on the "theme"

I just went to a friend's wedding about 3 weeks ago, and I wore a black jacket, black pants, white shirt(french cuffs) with a gold textured tie with matching hankerchief.

Everyone thought I was in the actual wedding. lol

Just go classic and be yourself, you can never go wrong.

kyoru
02-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm going to a Chinese wedding and I don't want to feel so plain with a white shirt and a black tie. I only have a white shirt and a black shirt. As for ties, I have black, red, purple, and gray. I feel that all black is kinda of pimp but at the same time I feel I might offend others as if I were going to a funeral or something. Should I just play safe and wear a white shirt or go all black or just a black shirt with a red tie or something? Opinions and tips are welcome!!! Thanks!

probably best not to go all black, it is a chinese wedding, maybe try a bow tie instead of a tie.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
02-23-2009, 11:24 AM
everyone in my family wore black on black for my sister's wedding. we nicknamed it the emo wedding. haha.

az_240
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
^That pic is awesome.

Gotta wear a colored tie if wearing black... personally I would go with the traditional white and black.

dynamicck
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Keep black suits for funerals unless you are the Groom or groomsmen. Also, a black tie for a wedding is probably not a good idea. You will look like the wedding staff, or even a waiter.
Add some color to it. If you are on a tight budget, you can always get pretty good deals on shirts and ties from outlets like Nordstrom rack, or Marshalls.

People wear black suits all the time, because everyone else does it. Not everyone knows what to wear for every occasion, same as people trying to fix up their cars. Some come correct and other simply fail.