PDA

View Full Version : ***The Inglourious Basterds Thread***

theronin
02-22-2009, 12:21 AM
5DNsDcAoTfo

Directed By Tarentino.

Brad Pitt, Eli Roth (director of Cabin Fever and overall badass)

Anyone else excited?

cc4usmc
02-22-2009, 12:23 AM
now you know how to fix it

looks great..too bad we have to wait so long to see it =/

s13dan
02-22-2009, 12:35 AM
im there.. Looks fucking great. Q.T. has never let me down before.
cept for hell ride i didnt care for it.

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 12:38 AM
im there.. Looks fucking great. Q.T. has never let me down before.
cept for hell ride i didnt care for it.

Well considering he didn't direct that movie.

I think he's in the clear.

:wan:

punk138
02-22-2009, 12:53 AM
looks like its full of win.

ill watch it.

lflkajfj12123
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
yeah been watching this one for a while

can't wait

ThatGuy
02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Taratino's direction and twisted sense of humor + Pitt's deliberate overacting + Killing Nazis = :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Antihero983
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
sign me up!!! looks fricken AWESOME!

ThatGuy
02-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Posters:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/basterds-poster1.jpg

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/basterds-poster2.jpg

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/basterds-poster3.jpg

This helps to classify this movie under the :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: category.

As well as Samuel L. Jackson being credited as "Narrator".

Freddy
02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
added to my most see movies of 09

jackjack
02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
i just hope its better than death proof :faint:

sucked soooooooooooo bad

BustedS13
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
shit's gonna be hardcore

and death proof is a b movie, what did you expect?
not to mention it was AWESOME.

ThatGuy
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Death Proof was WAY better than Planet Terror.
I enjoyed Death Proof. Planet Terror was pretty blah, except for the guy with the knives, and Rose McGowan's M16 leg was fairly cool/funny.

Inglorious Basterds looks great! I can't wait for more trailers.

jackjack
02-23-2009, 11:34 AM
really? i enjoyed planet terror more. and yes i understand they were B movies. ah well whatever. either way Pitt = WIN

punxva
02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
i'm excited for this one to come out, i wonder if QT will put himself into this one like he usually does. plus narrations by Samuel L Jackson, this movie seems full of win in my book

BustedS13
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
i liked planet terror a lot. i'm a fan of horror comedy and b movie spoofs. but Death Proof is amazing. because it's real. there's no cgi and whats her face is actually riding the hood of that challenger.

ThatGuy
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
^ Zoe Belle, professional stunt woman. She played Uma's stunt double in Kill Bill.

azndoc
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Looks awesome.

Can't wait.

mrflip69
02-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Would've been nice if Adam Sandler signed on... still a great cast though.

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
02-24-2009, 08:04 AM
They almost had Simon Pegg too. Either way,

EPIC FILM

qwikspool
02-24-2009, 08:25 AM
trailer looks awesome.
must see movie when it comes out

lightsource
04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm soooo late, but I don't usually check Off Topic.

I saw this trailer before Observe & Report last night... So damn sick, oh my god.

Taratino's direction and twisted sense of humor + Pitt's deliberate overacting + Killing Nazis = :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

I agree 100%, I think this is going to be one of the best movies in a while... As far as the action category.

No joke, this is me in the theater: :eek2: Very pumped for this movie.

allntrlundrgrnd
04-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Looks so rad, I'm excited for this, star trek, and the fairly confident i'll be dissapointed Dragonball movie.

SexPanda
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM

epic win...

JDMB0iKT
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Looks like it is going to be an awesome movie.

I'll definitely be watching it when it comes out.

Otto347
04-12-2009, 06:20 PM
lol the way he says "natzees" reminds me of him in snatch when he says "dags"

Bubbles
04-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Pitt's deliberate overacting

I hope your right because that was god awful.

That's no Tyler Durden.

Trailer looks awesome.

lightsource
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I hope your right because that was god awful.

That's no Tyler Durden.

Trailer looks awesome.

Of course he's right. Brad Pitt knows better than to act like that SERIOUSLY.

Just look @ his character, he's obviously an 'experienced battle hero', with the slit throat and what not...

ericcastro
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
This looks fucking horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what was the last tarentino movie that actually was anygood?

kill bills were complete fails as movies
those 2 crap shit things with RR he did were said to be "genre" movies to hide the shit that they were.
He fell off a long time ago.

He fell in love with himself and stopped progressing his style of movie making since pulp fiction and resevor dogs.
Not to mention he needs to concentrate on directing his movies and stop chasing the fucking makeup girls all day!

Why do you think him and robert rodrigues love working together. they cant stop fucking themselves.
He needs to modernize his movie style.
Shit is so old.
shit hasnt changed in over 15 years.

Im also REALLY tired of his "character" with the wierd thing.
eyepatch nurse
nazi emblem head guy
machine gun leg girl
pistola belt buckle guy

C'mon, lets have some fucking story and not a fucking dialog circle jerk of "look how cool these people are with these great one liners for 10 minutes"!!!

/rant :)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/castro_castro/tartinoo-239x313.png
me and your god about 5 years ago.
have fun fanboy's :goyou:

jackjack
04-20-2009, 01:17 PM
^ i have to agree with you. i think his movies (lately) have been decent... at best. far from amazing though. pretty much all hype, like you said.

but anyway.............. new clip

Inglourious Basterds American Idol Featurette - Trailer Addict (http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/inglorious-basterds/american-idol-featurette)

LeftNutOfGowd
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I saw the trailer for it when I went to go see observe and report and this shit got me pumped I cant wait to see it

soreballz
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Don't mind Castro, guys. He's a hater and an elitist since he works in the movie industry.

:keke:

Eric <3

Taniguchi_Is_#1
04-20-2009, 05:11 PM
if tarentino makes a cameo in this movie, i'm going to punch him in the spleen.

zenki.life
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
fuck comes out this FRIDAY sooooo excited!

lflkajfj12123
08-18-2009, 10:33 AM
boooooooom

need to see this

exitspeed
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I gotta go see this this weekend. can't effin wait.

ZX88
08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
this movie looks funny. its got bj in it.lol

NAZ
08-18-2009, 11:22 AM
He'll definetly make a cameo. He always does. If you do go through with punching him in the spleen can I come along and tape it, and then sell the tape to TMZ? That my friend would be epic.

shmiddy
08-18-2009, 11:27 AM
cant wait to see this one

KrazyS13
08-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one, looks full of WIN to me....

drift freaq
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
He'll definetly make a cameo. He always does. If you do go through with punching him in the spleen can I come along and tape it, and then sell the tape to TMZ? That my friend would be epic.

Both of these statements are true. Yes he will make a cameo and yes it would be epic and TMZ worthy to have a video of someone punching Tarantino in the spleen. LOL

FaLKoN240
08-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't care if this is historically accurate, I don't care if there's boobs in it, I don't care if Tarantino makes a cameo in it.

I'M GONNA FUCKIN SEE IT OPENING NIGHT.

ESmorz
08-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Easily Tarantino's best work since Pulp Fiction.

I loved it personally. I could see how others might not but I don't really give a shit. That perfect awkward/tense dialogue, carnage, twisty turns... what's not to love?

ayuaddict
08-21-2009, 04:49 AM
i liked it.

esmorz already said everything there is to say.

ixfxi
08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
This looks fucking horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what was the last tarentino movie that actually was anygood?

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/castro_castro/tartinoo-239x313.png
me and your god about 5 years ago.
have fun fanboy's :goyou:

i am not going to see the movie. i saw the preview the other day and it didnt look entertaining.. well, not entertaining enough for me to spend my money in the theater. ive supported his other movies, but this one just doesnt seem to be the type of movie i think he would be good at making and me at watching.

i'll wait and watch it at home (eventually)

ps: love the eyebrows, eric. though, its not nice to take pics like a fanboy and then talk smack about him. backstabber.

LeftNutOfGowd
08-21-2009, 10:05 AM
They already released a cam quality recording of this movie online might have to download it later if I cant make it out to the theater this weekend.

Damn the movie is 2 1/2 hours long

DALAZ_68
08-21-2009, 10:42 AM
gonna watch it for free sometime during the weekend i hope...love friends who work at the theaters

theronin
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM
i need to see district 9 first. but i will def be checkin this out sometime this week.

TravisSW
08-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Midnight showing last night.

Great film. Not as much action as I thought there would be, but still good.

"Dammit Hirschberg."
hahah

I noticed that on a lot of parts, my friend and I where the only ones laughing. Yay for a dark sense of humor. >=D

ZenkiKid
08-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Mike Myers in a serious role for once? Did pretty good.

Great movie.

miggypq21
08-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Absolutely loved this movie.

It had a bit of everything in it.

I really can't say much about it you honestly have to see it for yourself.

Well worth the, what? 2 1/2 - 3 hours?

gorgasm
08-22-2009, 03:30 AM
awesome movie.
best i have seen in a long time

lflkajfj12123
08-22-2009, 05:38 AM
lol i totally forgot i was supposed to go see this today so its gonna have to wait until tomorrow

ninja_star
08-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I wish it had more action but the dialogue made up for it in the long run.

jorge1190
08-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Brad pitts acting definitely made it up for the lack of action in some parts.

!Zar!
08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I saw the movie.

It was more of a comedy than I imagined it would be.

But then again, I should have figured it would be.

The girl and I liked it, so it was a success I figure.

flip3d
08-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Sweet Jebus what an amazing movie.

I reckon you're gonna want to take that uniform off some time.

TravisSW
08-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Oh yeah.

Anybody noticed that on the trailers, it had parts that -weren't- in the movie? lol

Like the guy running down a hall with the MG42.

lightsource
08-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Oh yeah.

Anybody noticed that on the trailers, it had parts that -weren't- in the movie? lol

Like the guy running down a hall with the MG42.

I was waiting for that the entire movie.

Good advertisement ploy.

Tantwoforty
08-23-2009, 04:10 AM
saw it yelled like a hoodlum at how awesome it was... win.

Sil-Abc
08-23-2009, 04:21 AM
best part for me... Buon Giorno LOL

Om1kron
08-23-2009, 04:34 AM
the movie was good my girlfriend and I loved it very much. I was a bit disappointed at the fact that one person didn't exactly accomplish their goal in the movie. If you watch it, you'll know who i'm talking about.

Bubbles
08-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Might see this today.

Getting excited.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
08-23-2009, 09:23 AM
saw this last night. definitely a good movie, i laughed a lot.

YoungGun
08-23-2009, 09:43 AM
It passed my expectations, and they were high.

I havent been so excited to see a movie in awhile, it was sooooo good.

TravisSW
08-23-2009, 10:18 AM
the movie was good my girlfriend and I loved it very much. I was a bit disappointed at the fact that one person didn't exactly accomplish their goal in the movie. If you watch it, you'll know who i'm talking about.

I thought everybody did?
I don't want a spoiler, so continue over PM?

I mean, if it's who I'm thinking of. Don't think the person had any intent to leave.

Quail
08-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Mike Myers in a serious role for once? Did pretty good.

Great movie.

I wouldn't call Mike Myers' role in the movie "serious". It was very tongue in cheek - we don't actually speak like that :o.

I really enjoyed the movie. The tension at the beginning was awesome.

SimpleS14
08-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I was waiting for that the entire movie.

Good advertisement ploy.

That's going to be on the extended version DVD release.

TravisSW
08-23-2009, 11:46 AM

What, is the movie 4 hours long on DVD/Blu-Ray? haha

"Damn it, Hirchburg."
One of the best scenes, shit a lot of best scenes. Hitler getting his face shot off was epic hahah.

ixfxi
08-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Im such a fucking hypocrite... I saw the movie last night after saying I wouldnt.

Wife liked it, I didnt care for it. The worst part is I cant exactly say why I didnt like it.

I am not going to say that the movie was a failure by any means, because its good enough to fit right in with Tarantinos other films. But, I will say that I am starting to lose my interest in his movies as the recipes are all the same. I am not expecting him to change his style all of a sudden, but I do expect him to take a different approach since this indeed was a war movie about Nazi Germany.

I wont throw out any spoilers, so dont worry. I guess my biggest gripe is that it doesnt accurately do anything worthy of sitting down and watching a war movie for. Its not really factual, informative, or accurate. I dunno, its more like turn your brain off and watch a movie of Castle Wolfenstein.

edit: i forgot to add that the actors however, mostly did an absolutely brilliant job. the lead nazi actor and brad pitt did a fuckin kickass job. other actors were very good.

ZenkiKid
08-23-2009, 11:53 AM

Yeah rumor has it is that they cut 40 min out of the movie for the national release.

Also they say the national release version is 1 min. longer than the film festival version

flip3d
08-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Jew Bear. That is all.

!Zar!
08-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Man.

Fuck all this not talking about spoilers stuff.

If you want to say it, say it.

People shouldn't be in this thread if they haven't seen it.

Obviously if it's 3 pages and the movie has been out people are bound to talk about it.

Anyways with that mini rant.

I will spoil shit because I'm a dick.

The main Jew chick dies in the end.

The main, "nice" nazi dies in the end

Hitler gets lit up.

And Brad Pitt doesn't die.

Yeah I said it.

Tantwoforty
08-23-2009, 02:41 PM
nah actually were thrilled to hear you say that, watchn bear beat nazis with a bat is the closest thing we ever get to the movies, bear this man wants to die for his country, please abide him!

ROFL

flip3d
08-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

ESmorz
08-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Man.

Obviously if it's 3 pages and the movie has been out people are bound to talk about it.

Anyways with that mini rant.

I will spoil shit because I'm a dick.

The main Jew chick dies in the end.

The main, "nice" nazi dies in the end

Hitler gets lit up.

And Brad Pitt doesn't die.

Yeah I said it.

My hero.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTgwNDY2NjIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTA2NDg2._V1._ SX475_SY317_.jpg

Stiglitz went out like a champion. Hack Hack Hack.

zenki.life
08-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Im such a fucking hypocrite... I saw the movie last night after saying I wouldnt.

Wife liked it, I didnt care for it. The worst part is I cant exactly say why I didnt like it.

I am not going to say that the movie was a failure by any means, because its good enough to fit right in with Tarantinos other films. But, I will say that I am starting to lose my interest in his movies as the recipes are all the same. I am not expecting him to change his style all of a sudden, but I do expect him to take a different approach since this indeed was a war movie about Nazi Germany.

I wont throw out any spoilers, so dont worry. I guess my biggest gripe is that it doesnt accurately do anything worthy of sitting down and watching a war movie for. Its not really factual, informative, or accurate. I dunno, its more like turn your brain off and watch a movie of Castle Wolfenstein.

edit: i forgot to add that the actors however, mostly did an absolutely brilliant job. the lead nazi actor and brad pitt did a fuckin kickass job. other actors were very good.

so very well put. i was going to post something very similar to this. but you said it much better

Matej
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
What turned me off this movie is when Brad Pitt says in the trailer that they are going to be only doing one thing, and this is killing Nazis.
Even if that is not what this movie is about, I do not know because I have not seen it, it came off as kind of lame.
What is with all these non-factual movies lately marketing on the evilness of the Nazis.
Let's shoot up some Nazis, git 'r done, yeehaaw.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
08-23-2009, 04:35 PM
What turned me off this movie is when Brad Pitt says in the trailer that they are going to be only doing one thing, and this is killing Nazis.
Even if that is not what this movie is about, I do not know because I have not seen it, it came off as kind of lame.
What is with all these non-factual movies lately marketing on the evilness of the Nazis.
Let's shoot up some Nazis, git 'r done, yeehaaw.

You a nazi boy?

Matej
08-23-2009, 04:38 PM
You a nazi boy?
No, but it seems that Nazis are Hollywood's new Russians.

flip3d
08-23-2009, 05:08 PM
I dunno about you guys but I love the SS uniforms. I want a full leather trench coat. That shit is hot.

ESmorz
08-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok Laurence Fishburn.

zenki.life
08-23-2009, 05:54 PM
ahahahaha. good one

deolio
08-23-2009, 06:21 PM
it was pretty damn slow at times. it seemed like the whole point was tarintino showing off or something like "look how much tension i can make in this scene" when in real life that shit wouldn't happen. people aren't that easy to read. and the music was just random and didn't really fit in some parts. the only thing that made it enjoyable were the bear jew, hugo stabbing the nazi in the back of the neck after he shot his dick off, hitler getting his face shot off, and the bingo scene.

flip3d
08-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Haha. I got my gun pointed at your testicles.

ixfxi
08-23-2009, 08:10 PM
it was pretty damn slow at times. it seemed like the whole point was tarintino showing off or something like "look how much tension i can make in this scene" when in real life that shit wouldn't happen. people aren't that easy to read. and the music was just random and didn't really fit in some parts. the only thing that made it enjoyable were the bear jew, hugo stabbing the nazi in the back of the neck after he shot his dick off, hitler getting his face shot off, and the bingo scene.

hahah yep, i'll agree with that. its almost like tarantino needs to do some work on his creativity. i guess this is what happens to a lot of people, we the critics become more and more difficult to satisfy. but theres some truth to that, because you just cant keep repeating the same recipe thinking your audience is dumb enough to keep accepting it.

mind you, there are a LOT worse movies out there that are not worth seeing at all. I mean, the fucking halloween II trailors have been pissing me off. Yes, lets turn Michael Meyers into a fucking monster, taller than a car, industructable. DUDE, the franchise is DEAD.. give the shit a rest MR ZOMBIE, make something original that hasnt been done (better) by John Carpenter.

Back to Tarantino, it really felt more like a video game than a movie. I mean the ending with hitlers face exploding instantly reminded me of Bionic Commando ending.

ZenkiKid
08-23-2009, 09:56 PM
I know some of you guys like to analyze movies for their hidden symbols, but did any of you get the emphasis on the strudel? It seemed that they would focus in on it when it was on the screen

deolio
08-23-2009, 11:27 PM
yeah, there was one super close up of it. who knows. the cinematography all seemed odd.

lightsource
08-24-2009, 02:40 AM

I am not going to say that the movie was a failure by any means, because its good enough to fit right in with Tarantinos other films. But, I will say that I am starting to lose my interest in his movies as the recipes are all the same. I am not expecting him to change his style all of...........

I do agree with you partly... the whole mexican shootout thing is really overused.
Although it isn't factual, it isn't informative and nor is it accurate. it still comes out of the mold of regular war films, which are sometimes all of those attributes. I'm just saying it's nice to see something different, not as different as Bruno, but different.

Spot on acting:wackit:

Man.

Obviously if it's 3 pages and the movie has been out people are bound to talk about it......
HAHA WIN

Yeah but...I think fictitious interpretations offer a more comedic approach. I mean... If you really analyzed (not saying you didn't) it you would find that the dialogue is pretty hilarious. Just... what they're talking about.

mind you, there are a LOT worse movies out there that are not worth seeing at all. I mean, the fucking halloween II trailors have been pissing me off. Yes, lets turn Michael Meyers into a fucking monster, taller than a car, industructable. DUDE, the franchise is DEAD.. give the shit a rest MR ZOMBIE, make something original that hasnt been done (better) by John Carpenter.....

Rob Zombie is just trying to make a horror movie more disgusting that the previous...

I know some of you guys like to analyze movies for their hidden symbols, but did any of you get the emphasis on the strudel? It seemed that they would focus in on it when it was on the screen

No, but that shit looked good as FUCK

BustedS13
08-24-2009, 03:04 AM

wjat the fuck

i can't wait to see this

FaLKoN240
08-24-2009, 03:12 AM
I'm gonna stop reading this thread after this post, until I see the movie.

TravisSW
08-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Hugo Stiglitz

YouTube - HUGO STIGLITZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqRCX1uh3KU)

Meh, can't find a video of where it shows his name in big yellow letters lol.

Daniel.
08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
This movie is a BINGO!

I loved it.

KA-Kait
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
I just got home from watching it. fucking awesome. What else could you expect from the man who made Pulp Fiction?! Either way, amazing.

I was surprised to see Mike Myers in there. wtf... hella random.

spoolandslide
08-25-2009, 12:00 AM
I was surprised to see Mike Myers in there. wtf... hella random.

fucking right?

i couldn't stop laughing, i know he was supposed to be playing 'serious' but his accent and the twinkle in his eye just makes me lmfao

I just saw the movie, terrific film.

Sil-Abc
08-25-2009, 12:47 AM
personally i think mike myers sucks and shouldnt have been in the movie. In his role it felt like he was tryin to be funny and try to pull off some austin power shit but held it back. Iuno, the moment i saw him i got annoyed

Adeadcurrent
08-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Amazing movie, took the misses to see it today and it was worth the 17 dollars to see it haha

Quentin is awesome, Brad Pitt was fucking hillarious.

Bonjoro! hahaha This is a must see.

marveezee
08-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Amazing movie, took the misses to see it today and it was worth the 17 dollars to see it haha

Quentin is awesome, Brad Pitt was fucking hillarious.

Bonjoro! hahaha This is a must see.

17 bucks?! jeeze, i think my boyfriend paid like 22 bucks for the both of us. -_-

pretty good movie tho. making a parody of a horrible history makes it even better. i like how there really wasn't any main character, cept for Hans. hoooray for another QT success

flip3d
08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
^^ $17? $22?

Holy crap I paid $6.50

deolio
08-25-2009, 03:12 PM
personally i think mike myers sucks and shouldnt have been in the movie. In his role it felt like he was tryin to be funny and try to pull off some austin power shit but held it back. Iuno, the moment i saw him i got annoyed

i thought his part was great. he just seemed like some awkward british dude. i mean wtf they're just standing in a giant empty ballroom with some random old dude sitting in the corner and he offers the guy a drink and tells him to get it himself. idk... at least it kinda was consistent with all the other directing in the movie.

!Zar!
08-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I paid 21.50 for the both of us.

Well worth it obviously.

Also, I was lolling when dude pulled out his huge tobacco pipe.

ronmcdon
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't mind so much nickle & diming over 10 vs. 12 tickets.
If its a good theater with excellent sound & big screen, its worth to pay extra for it imo.
I pay around $15/ticket here at the Arclight or at authentic IMAX's here in los angeles.

What's most painful is fronting over ten dollars for popcorn & and a soft drink.

a$$bandit
08-25-2009, 04:56 PM
uuuuber dope movie!

and District 9

2Slow40
08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Great movie.

I just wish it focused more on the Basterds doing all types of fucked up shit.

deolio
08-26-2009, 01:53 AM
I just wish it focused more on the Basterds doing all types of fucked up shit.

yes. it would have been great. or if the bastards parts were at least a bit longer than the slow dialogue-rich parts. editing seemed a bit off to me, but that was all probably influenced by taritino...

Tantwoforty
08-26-2009, 04:45 AM
i loved hearing mike Myers say bastard... it reminds me of fat bastard lol..
and i found the scene toward the end when they are shooting the crowd with mp40's(?) and that chick was crawling over people and got mowed, once the scene got quite we were laughing so hard and nobody else was.. it was pretty great

2Slow40
08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Did anyone else laugh their ass off in the beginning when "The Jew Hunter" pulled out that massive ass pipe?

!Zar!
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes.

Post #101 stated my lols for it.

Om1kron
08-26-2009, 03:18 PM
I mean the ending with hitlers face exploding instantly reminded me of Bionic Commando ending.

Man that game was so fun.

theronin
08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.elitecoder.com/bionic/hitlerex.gif

fucking love that game!

lflkajfj12123
09-05-2009, 06:15 AM
bravo.

bravo.

TravisSW
09-05-2009, 07:10 AM
YouTube - HUGO STIGLITZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajTzB3zkX6w&feature=player_profilepage)

BustedS13
09-05-2009, 01:30 PM
movie was definitely not what i expected (what i expected: jewish american soldiers touring europe killing nazis, since that's what the previews and posters told me i'd see), but it was still an instant classic.
seems like it's cool to hate tarrantino lately. if you ever read or see an interview with him, yes, he's a douche. but i've never seen one of his movies and left disappointed.

lflkajfj12123
09-05-2009, 05:54 PM
QT has always had a fair share of haters and lovers

nothing more to it

i think he's an amazing screenwriter

but he does copy a lot of things from other movies its pretty well known but he just makes it cool

ronmcdon
09-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Id rate this a 70%, with bonus point for an excellent Das Hitler.

I actually like Tarantino, but I do think this is his 2nd worst work after Death-Proof
(although not so bad, if you fast forward to the action scenes and skip the dialogue entirely).

I will say I agree with those of you who think he's doing the same old.
Basterds is arguably even more repetitive than his previous works.
Infact, every scene (or chapter) seems like a rehash of an earlier chapter.
It's not a bad film, it's just too repetitive.

Every scenes/chapter can be summarized with the following.

1) enemies confront each other,
2) tension builds up from LENGTHLY verbal encounter
(with much of conversation being arguably unnecessary, if not tedious)
3) confrontation results in a brief blood-bath.

To a certain extent, a similar formula has been applied to Tarantino's prior films.

I agree with those who criticize Tarantino for not breaking new ground.
If anything, here he is probably being even more conservative.

Speaking for myself, I don't enjoy Tarantino's dialogue.
It's almost like watching smart-ass college kids bullshitting over coffee.
Amusing in small quantities maybe, but it gets old quick.
Some of the acting is very good though,
abeit I will say I found Brad Pitt here was unconvincing & plain annoying.
Christophe Waltz (main bad guy/Jew Hunter) did a great job.
Hitler was also very good.

I do like how Tarantino shoots action scenes.
I always enjoy the sense of brutality, and this film is no different.
It's fun watching the select scenes that were mentioned prior.

More action, less dialogue, & more variety from scene to scene would have made this more enjoyable.
It's not great movie, but it's certainly not as bad as offensive garbage as say GI-Joe, Wolverine, Trans-ponders 2, etc.

lflkajfj12123
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
thats how he is

lots of poetic dialogue scenes

his movies all take draws from spaghetti westerns which indeed includes repettitive / pointless shots

deolio
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM
if tarintino could suck his own cock, he would.

theronin
09-06-2009, 12:52 AM
if tarintino could suck his own cock, he would.

you wouldnt?

deolio
09-06-2009, 05:14 AM
can and won't.

BustedS13
09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
can and won't.

that's a waste of a gift
but how did you find out you could, one would ask?

Walperstyle
09-07-2009, 06:01 AM
No interest in seeing this movie. When it comes to my war movies, they have to be fact based.

lflkajfj12123
09-07-2009, 06:14 AM
thats a shame

kind of ignorant mindset imo

ThatGuy
09-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Yeah, but considering he talked about killing homosexuals in another thread this morning, I'd say ignorance is his favorite flavor.

FaLKoN240
09-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah, but considering he talked about killing homosexuals in another thread this morning, I'd say ignorance is his favorite flavor.

LOL, what a moron. :rofl:

punk138
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
loved every min of this movie.

bar scene was nuts!!!

definitely gonna buy this movie...

exitspeed
09-08-2009, 08:52 AM
This movie was spectacular.

I read some people's dislikes in this thread and honestly those are the things I lived about it.

I WANT it to feel like a Tarentino movie from the word go. And it did.

The scenes with the extended dialogue were wonderful to me. I just fell in love with all the characters.

This was Brad Pits best movie.

The scene where they are waiting for The Bear Jew to come out of the tunnel to smash that Nazi's head in was masterfully done. The suspense he created was so delightful.

I could go on and on.

I give this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars.