PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civics!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ayuaddict
02-21-2009, 08:57 PM
So i picked up an EK (1998 Honda civic hatchback) recently and i fucking love it. Im hella into it at the moment, to the point where my 240 is being completely neglected. everything is so cheap for these cars and they handle really well. I've had it for about a month now and ive done all kinds of stupid crap to it, haha. And the funny thing is i expected mine to become all low and flush but im really enjoying the functionality and performance so its all purposeful and shit, i definatley didn't expect that to happen. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any decent forums for these cars. Anybody else have a honda?

I10cruiser
02-21-2009, 09:06 PM
pics ?

ayuaddict
02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
oh yeah. haha.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ayuaddict/civic.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ayuaddict/img_4327.jpg

here it is.

man, there is so much crap to learn with this new platform, very exciting.

flclsteve
02-21-2009, 09:23 PM
i got one too :D i should put up a pix

S14Cuhh
02-21-2009, 09:45 PM
im thinking up finding an eg. i love how i could make one look. and btw love the rpf1's

HyperTek
02-21-2009, 09:49 PM
i think your in the "wow this is soo different than what im used to, this is exciting" stage lol

bigboto_boy
02-21-2009, 09:50 PM
dang u got sir bumpers lol expensive shit i used to own a honda and i miss it badly gl man ur ek is hella clean

Goose
02-21-2009, 09:51 PM
no decent forums? uhhh honda-tech is like 23293328x as big as zilvia

Goose
02-21-2009, 09:57 PM
oh yeah my daily
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/ridebmxsvt/lo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/ridebmxsvt/DSC_0013-2.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2889085928_4af92171da.jpg?v=0

ayuaddict
02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
yea but honda-tech sucks.

its so annoying.

yea i am completely in the "wow this is soo different than what im used to, this is exciting" stage, my first non RWD car and most importantly everything is SO CHEAP!

i got all the arms but the FLCAs replaced with adjustable shit already, sway bars, subframe brace, GS-R brakes, the RPF1s and a pair of cheepo rotas with RT-615s...all kinds of stuff that cost me like nothing! its pretty cool.

yea i needed new bumper and fender so i figured might as well get the Sir stuff haha.

i need a new hood as this one (cf) is starting to split (scary).

i was thinking about the monster sport knockoff.

VROOOM
02-21-2009, 10:22 PM
i had an EK a few years ago, they are fun cars. had gab coilovers and it handled like a dream.

had the gsr brakes too, they make huge difference.

ronmcdon
02-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I've had a lot of hondas, but it seems I have bad luck with them.

I still own a 95 eg hatch w/ ls-vtec swap, very shortly geared suspension (b16 w/ ats 4.7 fd), quaife helical lsd, and GC/Koni suspension (400f/500r rates), cheap rotas, kumho mx tyres, and other parts.
I mis-shift the car during a track event at streets of willow, and damaged the engine.
it wasn't too fast (best lap at streets CW was a pitifil 1:38:xx), and plowed a lot, but overall it was pretty easy car to drive to it's limit, and somewhat forgiving.
I'll probably have it running again later this year.

just sold my 89 crx si a few months ago. fun autoX car.
it was surprising the most reliable honda i've ever owned.
not as forgiving as the eg when driven hard, but felt more nimble, easier to rotate, and more fun to drive in general.
it's also an awesome daily driver. I can get 33mpg driven aggressively.
One time it was stolen, and basically the theif didn't bother with the stock engine,
nor did he bother with the koni/gc suspension setup.
current owner of the car had it stolen again shortly after I sold it.

Got a new 08 Si sedan last year in May or sometime thereabouts.
Changed the tires to dunlop Z1's and got a more aggressive factory suspension.
It was a lot of fun to autoX, and drive around town.
What stood out was the slick 6-speed tranny, the nice higher reving n/a K20 engine, the mechanical engine tone, and precise steering.
It was also pretty comfy, had lots of room, nicer stereo, and decent mpg.
Unfortunately, I totaled it back in november.

also had a 95 eg coupe w/ a stock b18 ls swap that was destroyed by hit & run driver.
that wasn't one of my favorite cars, but was decent daily.

I also have a tsx longblock as a permanent garage ornament.

florante rea
02-21-2009, 10:31 PM
the chronicles is also a good blog place to check whats hot. i hope u have fun modding your car like u have on your 240.

ILoveMyRHS13
02-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Pretty sweet, dude! I actually really want an EK9 hatch just like that sitting on some coils to daily.

Goose
02-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I disagree about honda-tech. sure there are a bunch of douchers on there but there is also an AMAZING amount of information to be found.

ronmcdon
02-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I disagree about honda-tech. sure there are a bunch of douchers on there but there is also an AMAZING amount of information to be found.

exactly, you just have to know how to use the forum. I just search for articles there. the classifields and vendor specials/group buy section also offer some very reasonable deals.

OT on H-T is just a bad joke. everybody is just trying to be funny. even the humor is more often than not dry, childish, cliched, and repetitive. Still, there are worse sites like VWVortex. Zilvia is more entertaining.

LongGrain
02-21-2009, 10:51 PM
looking good yuta

i have a battle mode 99 coupe that i beat on. black paint. HX wheels, fucked up headlights and foglights, peeling paint on the hood, cracked bumper, the works.

lflkajfj12123
02-21-2009, 10:51 PM
haha i love honda-tech OT

i really would like to have an EK

i need a daily though not another project car

ALTRNTV
02-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I own a 2004 Civic sedan. :keke:

Honda-Tech is AWESOME for their tech/installs/how-to's. There are a ton of douche bags, but same can be said about Zilvia. HT info can be rivaled to that of the info on here, and some.

Their OT section is great, as I'm always there reading. Their internet humor is funny as hell. I usually get my news there before anywhere else. lol

eli_eli
02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
my first car was a 95 eg, bought it bone stock from an older lady, with about 80 original miles, and had it for about 3 years, b18c with a b16 tranny, just for closer gear ratio, full gsr suspenrion, black rotas lol...type R Jic coilovers, and plenty extras...i used to love my car, took it to big willow once, and it got stolen a month later...that was really a fun car, pushed it hard every singe day, and never had any problems, except the clutch pressure plate shattered at big willow, me and a buddy ran it at two different sessions all day, and it broke down the next...that was a lot of hrs of hard driving...i wanted to keep it, but i was really thinking about selling it and getting a 240 at time as well...so could have used the cash...anyways, i really miss my car, they never found a trace of it, and its been about 4 years now since it got stolen, gl with your car, i am sure you'll enjoy it, but keep it safe...;)

HyperTek
02-21-2009, 11:56 PM
ok ok ill give it up, i like some hondas, i think it would be cool to get one since for me it would be the "different" thing that im not used to. id want a CRX , or a 92-95 prelude*but i hate the freaking dashboard* all stock or something.. im used to seeing piece of shit crxs all day lol.

So how comfortable are you guys with daily driving/parking those hondas around? like malls etc

s13dan
02-21-2009, 11:59 PM
My freind had one a few years back. He sounded just like you for about 6 months but then he decided fwd is not enough fun. He know is happy with an LSx rx-7. He still loves civics.

Ninjabread
02-22-2009, 01:02 AM
No way! i just bought a EK9 last week too :keke:

It's my winter beater, but should get some goodies this summer lol.

Most fun car to beat around in, and nothing beats getting like 45mpg while driving full throttle all the time.

ronmcdon
02-22-2009, 01:09 AM
ok ok ill give it up, i like some hondas, i think it would be cool to get one since for me it would be the "different" thing that im not used to. id want a CRX , or a 92-95 prelude*but i hate the freaking dashboard* all stock or something.. im used to seeing piece of shit crxs all day lol.

So how comfortable are you guys with daily driving/parking those hondas around? like malls etc

It's the POS crx's that 'usually' don't get stolen, or other attract other forms of undesirable attention (cops, ppl harassing you for street racing, high insurance, silly questions, etc). where I live, I get my windows smashed 2-3 times a yr by psychotic neighbors.

Theft is just one of the main drawbacks when it comes to honda ownership.
Places like shopping malls are just not a good idea if you have a honda.
If you live/work/hang-out in certain areas known to have high theft (East Los Angeles for example), then its not worth the hassle of owning a honda. getting your car stolen is a pretty shitty experience.

That being said, I would not get another old honda.

HyperTek
02-22-2009, 01:20 AM
^thats what i feared.. import scene aint what it was back in the late 90s before every assclown got influenced into em.. thats why i like my oddball fc but i hardly go anywhere right now.

zenki1995
02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
my first car was 95 integ LS motor...loved it but always wish i had an GSR but decided to get an 240sx instead

RiversideS13
02-22-2009, 02:09 AM
I currently own a 97 prelude, it is a great daily drive car. it handles great, decent acceleration, good mileage, and thieves does not like it since it has a unique chassis so it does not share parts with other honda. before that, i had a 95 EG with b18b swap which was a rice rocket that i cannot stop worry getting stolen

lucky7
02-22-2009, 07:18 AM
i had a 97 ex with a B16 and coilovers. that car was alot of fun, and like somebody said, it was easy to drive fast. i miss the car, it never let me down. anyhow, the past couple years, there is a group of people that steal hondas around here. people think they know who it is, but its a matter of nailing them. but its not really worth it. even though i live far enough away from the city to not really worry about it. i still would be leary.

S14TEENZ
02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
im thinking abot gettin a ek shell and slowly working on it....ur front bumper is sick

DrIvEsldEwAyS
02-22-2009, 10:40 AM
i have a 96 coupe. bone stock, gets great gas milage and reliable. i love it.

lucky7
02-22-2009, 11:00 AM
OP, your car needs SiR lip. i had one, and it was a PITA to find way back in '03.

flclsteve
02-22-2009, 11:08 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/flclsteve/photo4-1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/flclsteve/photo3-1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/flclsteve/photo2-2.jpg
thread jack i love my car bone stock virgin i should mod it

YoungGun
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I've never owned a honda.

Jtuned_andy
02-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I got one! Has an Integra Xsi B16a swap

http://home.comcast.net/~skunk.werkz/eg3.jpg

Bubbles
02-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Look at em all come out of the wood work once someone deems them cool.

Ninjabread
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Trust me, until you own/drive one, you just wont know :keke:

Bubbles
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I drive one every day.

Mega :keke::keke::keke::keke::keke:

KDL323
02-22-2009, 12:22 PM
nice EK.

mine got stolen twice and stripped.

Mangudai
02-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I would mind having a EG coupe always did like those cars. Be kinda nervous it would get stolen though.

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Curses, I'm no longer the token Zilvia Honda owner...

I'll take some updated pics of mine later this week. It's kinda running right now.

15/16 brake master and '96 spec ITR brakes and hubs were probably the best thing I've bought for the car. Must have parts for a Civic is:

GSR shifter
Good LSD
4.7 - 4.9 final drive.

ayuaddict
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
to be honest ive yet to find any useful info on hondatech even when i search.

when im not looking for useful info, browsing that forum is like listening to a bunch of kindergartners. There seems to be a question about every little thing in general chat.

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
I stopped posting on Honda forums in general. Nobody on those forums can tell me something I couldn't figure out on my own with an FSM if I don't already know it.

lucky7
02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
i never posted on hondatech. i always posted on jdmcivic.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/danerm3/DSC00022.jpg

i kind of miss those days. the car was slow, but every little mod was so freaking exciting.

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Anything with Honda and JDM on the same subject is a recipe for hard parking disaster. OMG your Sprint Harts are covered in brake dust! How can you live with yourself?! WTF you threw away purple tweed SiR door panels?! OMG

Fuck those Honda guys into the JDM shit are so fucking retarded. Why the fuck would you pay out your ass for ugly fucking purple door panels?!

BustedS13
02-22-2009, 01:40 PM
i've been thinking about replacing my CL with an EK hatch, maybe a coupe, dunno. i won't be doing anything to it, though, because it's a civic. it's for commuting.

Matej
02-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Drove a Civic hatchback a few days ago, but I had to downshift going up every incline on the highway. Is that normal?

ayuaddict
02-22-2009, 01:44 PM
I stopped posting on Honda forums in general. Nobody on those forums can tell me something I couldn't figure out on my own with an FSM if I don't already know it.

exactly. or some good old common sense.

So far my suspension consists of H&R coilovers (i ordered front ground control upper mounts, when those come in my 8k springs off the S13 go in), Neuspeed sway bars front and rear and a bushing kit. i have all the adjustable arms for camber and stuff but that doesn't really matter here.

I got both the coilovers and sway bars for a super great deal, its definitely better than stock but I would really like for the car to be a bit stiffer and roll less. The dampers are kinda non adjustable (yea wtf) and the springs are progressive (double WTF) the kit is supposed to be used with the stock upper mounts which is how i have it set up at the moment (i mentioned the GC upper mount coming in in a couple days as well as the addition of a linear spring). looks like this:

http://www.optionsauto.com/images/hr-299281.gif

And as far as the neuspeed sway bars go, the only thing ive established is that of course they feel a load better than stock but also that apparently they are expensive as shit brand new, i can't even find the diameter for them online any where and from looking at them that they are solid (not hollow). i suppose i could measure them with my ghetto plastic mic but i was wondering if anybody new if these were any good? or rather what they were meant to do? ie: feel nice driving to 7-11, multipurpose 7-11 going/feels kinda nice in the mountains/feels half decent autoXing. because they dont feel super stupid solid or anything.

My S13 which has KTS coil overs and stock sway bars seemed to handle flatter than the civic, what can i do about shit like this?

ive noticed that people run crazy springs (like 20k F/22k R) on such a small car...

oh i have no chassis bracing, no strut bars or cage yet, all i have is a ASR subframe brace (good deal again) and i plan on the front subframe brace (the 4 point one) soon, perhaps the car will feel a dramatic difference with these additions?

man i apologize for the fucking essay, whomever answers these questions for me is a damn saint. haha.

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
So far my suspension consists of H&R coilovers (i ordered front ground control upper mounts, when those come in my 8k springs off the S13 go in), Neuspeed sway bars front and rear and a bushing kit. i have all the adjustable arms for camber and stuff but that doesn't really matter here.
Jokes on you. You don't need adjustable arms for a Civic to recorrect suspension geometry as the car has double wishbone suspension.

I got both the coilovers and sway bars for a super great deal, its definitely better than stock but I would really like for the car to be a bit stiffer and roll less. The dampers are kinda non adjustable (yea wtf) and the springs are progressive (double WTF) the kit is supposed to be used with the stock upper mounts which is how i have it set up at the moment (i mentioned the GC upper mount coming in in a couple days as well as the addition of a linear spring). looks like this:
The stock upper mounts with x bushings are what the Super Taikyu cars use.

ive noticed that people run crazy springs (like 20k F/22k R) on such a small car...
Because of the double wishbone suspension...

oh i have no chassis bracing, no strut bars or cage yet, all i have is a ASR subframe brace (good deal again) and i plan on the front subframe brace (the 4 point one) soon, perhaps the car will feel a dramatic difference with these additions?

Brace the fuck out of the chassis.

ayuaddict
02-22-2009, 01:58 PM
well the reason for the upper mounts is that they allow for about an inch more travel, which is nice because the springs i intend to throw on the car are shorter than the ones that came with the coil over so i can go lower.

So double wishbone suspension means?

haha, well i got the arms for a really good deal as well so im not tripping too hard about my apparent money-disposing antics. but when i lowered the car i noticed that camber did change...am i not supposed to correct the camber?

And i am guessing that the mounting point of the strut to the lca is pretty far inbound so that is why a stiff ass spring is used, or is it because of the suspension design?

and i will brace the FUCK out of the chassis sir.

man i am such a noob.

dolphin
02-22-2009, 02:00 PM
ayuaddict (http://zilvia.net/f/members/ayuaddict.html) im just the opposite of you hahaha, came from honda to nissan.

Quail
02-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I loved my old civic. Really miss it. Definitely thinking of building another one for a daily driver. Was just a mildly modified SOHC, but suited my needs being my first car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Quail/P1000064.jpg

At the moment my DD is a B18 engine'd Civic Aerodeck. Its practical (good for hauling wheels about), and fun in the wet, but I want to get one like I used to have. The only pic I really have:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/Quail/dailydriver.jpg

origin_s135
02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
i never posted on hondatech. i always posted on jdmcivic.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/danerm3/DSC00022.jpg

i kind of miss those days. the car was slow, but every little mod was so freaking exciting.

my friend's car looked exactly like that! but that was back in 2002, now he has a g35. btw, are those buddy clubs i see?!

lucky7
02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
K1's. picked them up fro $200. lol.

jdmstatuS13
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Anything with Honda and JDM on the same subject is a recipe for hard parking disaster. OMG your Sprint Harts are covered in brake dust! How can you live with yourself?! WTF you threw away purple tweed SiR door panels?! OMG

Fuck those Honda guys into the JDM shit are so fucking retarded. Why the fuck would you pay out your ass for ugly fucking purple door panels?!

im pretty sure ur retarded and dont even remotely know what ur talkin about...annnnyways i got my EK hatch wednesday and i love it 234982340x more than the 240 haha i used to have an ek coupe but i sold it for an m3 and thats when i fell in love wih rwd...

i love nissans and hondas...dunno why people have beef wih honda owners...:cj:

HyperTek
02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
^he lives in japan so the whole "jdm this" he could care less because its stock for him

murda-c
02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
im pretty sure ur retarded and dont even remotely know what ur talkin about...annnnyways i got my EK hatch wednesday and i love it 234982340x more than the 240 haha i used to have an ek coupe but i sold it for an m3 and thats when i fell in love wih rwd...

I think he was saying that people obsess over parts that aren't really even that cool because they are JDM

VROOOM
02-22-2009, 03:42 PM
since everyone is posting Civic's here goes my old one.
1996 dx 194whp GSR motor.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/civic3.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/civic2.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/civic.jpg

BustedS13
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM

because they don't understand why anybody would care more about performance than replacing coin holders and door inserts with their japanese counterparts. that's why people "have beef" with honda retards.

Matej
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Bought a cute coin holder for my 240 last week.

ronmcdon
02-22-2009, 07:52 PM

wheels aside, i agree it's senseless to buy jdm just for the sake of it. most of the US (or other non-japanese) manufacturers offer the same if not better quality parts for less.

I've also never understood why japanese coilover/suspension makers always throw on stiffer springs up front, and softer rear for fwd hondas. the civic usually under-steers quite a bit as is, especially if its an EG or older. on any fwd car that seems counter-intuitive. maybe its a 'one-size-fits-all mentality'.

Forte EXE
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Check out NWP4life.com awesome site.

Oh, here's my Honda, haha.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg80/DFTFC/Narvin%206th%20Gen/img085copy.png

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg80/DFTFC/Narvin%206th%20Gen/sequoah.jpg

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I drive one every day.

Mega :keke::keke::keke::keke::keke:

My mom has a Hybrid. It sucks balls.

Sidebar: Take that annoying bitch out of your avatar space.

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 08:08 PM

This conversation is for non-fan boys only.

because they don't understand why anybody would care more about performance than replacing coin holders and door inserts with their japanese counterparts. that's why people "have beef" with honda retards.
Yeah, the average American Honda tuners' mentality has been enough to make me think twice about doing the Honda thing in the States. I think I'm just going to sell all my Honda shit and build a 20v AW11.

wheels aside, i agree it's senseless to buy jdm just for the sake of it. most of the US (or other non-japanese) manufacturers offer the same if not better quality parts for less.

I've also never understood why japanese coilover/suspension makers always throw on stiffer springs up front, and softer rear for fwd hondas. the civic usually under-steers quite a bit as is, especially if its an EG or older. on any fwd car that seems counter-intuitive. maybe its a 'one-size-fits-all mentality'.
Maybe SiR's have bigger sway bars or something? I've never had problems with my car understeering. If anything I've had more encounters of my ass end coming out on me do to lifting wheels. I've driven the car with Cusco Zero1's, Spoon N1's and a Bilstein/ random spring coilover set.

Bubbles
02-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Sidebar: Take that annoying bitch out of your avatar space.

It's a requirement to get in the mundane, unoriginal but ultimately popular cool club.

KwKouki
02-22-2009, 08:12 PM
lmao you all keep jocking my AV :rofl: I have always wanted a hatch civic for a daily

Bubbles
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
lmao you all keep jocking my AV

There is seriously a million people with these.

Once I found out what it actually was(and consequently that I wasn't missing anything important) I knew I had to have one.

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Man I must be out of the loop.

She looks alot like my ex... same voice too. It irks me, and annoys me at the same time. If you do not have swoopy hair do not apply, smashin that 14 year old.

You know

kitchen paparista

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/zestyboy1/honda_civic_crx.jpg

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Mad tyte yo. It's the Sil-RX RA V.4

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
The color is sweet.

Needs gold an purple flake.

Dirty Habit
02-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Obviously its a rally car guys.

Duh.

Bubbles
02-22-2009, 08:27 PM

Hook it up man.

Prepare to be called sir and get tons of high fives.

It is that powerful.

Touge Noob S13
02-22-2009, 08:31 PM

Boxxy crew checking in lol. In my expirence, Honda owners tend to be the worst kind of scum out there. (no offense to anyone here)

Bubbles
02-22-2009, 08:34 PM

Get on it soldier.

Touge Noob S13
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Get on it soldier.

I am not going to get rid of my Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch avatar, nope, not even for Boxxy.

driven_
02-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Lol, is that the asthemeyasfsdfs pearl blue/purple?
lol.

my cousin absolutely loves that color. and he wants another one (after he sold his.)

Leetheslacker
02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
i want this as a daily. like. exactly like that.

http://members.shaw.ca/Prelude_2_NV/cruise01.jpg

DCP94
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
i have an integra thats more like a project car now lol i really liked it and was really into it and now im really into my 240...i feel like people view honda people solely based on the super ricers, granted 80% of honda owners do end up riced, but there are some honda owners out there that have really clean nice looking honda...wheres the love?? lol

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 10:37 PM
i have an integra thats more like a project car now lol i really liked it and was really into it and now im really into my 240...i feel like people view honda people solely based on the super ricers, granted 80% of honda owners do end up riced, but there are some honda owners out there that have really clean nice looking honda...wheres the love?? lol

Fuck a really clean, nice looking Honda. Honda is about the beauty of light weight, front wheel drive car and amazing engines.

All a really clean, nice looking Honda does is get driven from meet and greet to meet and greet.

On another note, who the fuck is Boxxy?

Touge Noob S13
02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Go to the thread in the media forum.

Koopa Troopa
02-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Go to the thread in the media forum.

I now wish I hadn't...:-/

Oh yeah, drill some holes in your rear bumper.. I found it's easier to keep your speed/ gain speed in turns as my rear bumper no longer serves as a parachute.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3495/3236385314_f40a4bb28b.jpg

heiyuu
02-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I like my civic. Makes a great winter beater.

Unfortunately I totaled my first 180sx. So with a lil extra money I had and my winter beater as my only car ! bought some JDM rims for it. Sorry koopa troopa I am one of those jdm punks.

http://members.shaw.ca/heiyuus13/images/DSC00187.jpg

And with that, I went to a few honda meets and caught the honda bug. Now I've dropped money into my "winter beater" that I shouldn't have.

I got a new 180sx and I still love s chassis thou.

Bubbles
02-23-2009, 12:28 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/Prelude_2_NV/cruise01.jpg

Used to jock this car hard.

Koopa Troopa
02-23-2009, 12:37 AM
I'd kill for an EF9. Such a badass car.

hOngsterr
02-23-2009, 12:38 AM
hondamarketplace? lol
umm i originally was gunna get a EG6 but a 240 came up first
lol, i still plan on getting it but now now

duffman1278
02-23-2009, 12:47 AM
hondamarketplace? lol
umm i originally was gunna get a EG6 but a 240 came up first
lol, i still plan on getting it but now now

I was sort of on the same boat. I was going to get a GSR for my 2nd gen integra. But I came across a 240 for CHEAP so I couldn't pass it. G2 integra's are dying too in the honda scene.

Eventually I'd like to get myself an EK9, they're so awsome and good looking.

aoiken3
02-23-2009, 12:47 AM
i like hondas for its practicality and it gas mileage. i hated how likely it is to go missing the next time you want to take a drive, or how it attracts cops as much as sugar attracts fat chicks. my old accord killed hondas for me tho.

Koopa Troopa
02-23-2009, 12:56 AM
hondamarketplace?

Not that easy for me.

MrSackles
02-23-2009, 01:40 AM
ek's arn't bad... spoon inspired all day

worangejuice
02-23-2009, 02:24 AM
So when you rattle can pinking this thing ;)

Airjockie
02-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Old school....

My little on going project...

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/216699-2/DSC01629.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/218257-2/DSC01757.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/218459-2/DSC01783.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/219235-2/DSC01881.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/225595-2/DSC02143.JPG

the engine just won't do it to rotate the wheels, so I'm dropping in a B20B in as soon as my mounts come. CRV-X

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/227178-2/DSC02271.JPG

codunc
02-23-2009, 08:14 AM
that's hideous

Airjockie
02-23-2009, 08:19 AM
yup...GT4 CRX's normally are....

http://www.crx.lt/honda_crx/autogallery/Gallery/Tube_Frame_SCCA_GTL_CRX.JPG

bloodangels13
02-23-2009, 08:48 AM
thats pretty badass.. ill have to post pics of my EF hatch and my old CRX

ANVIL
02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
i have an EG hatch for my winter beater, H22 swapped. fun as hell to drive. its my gf's summer toy. i love it. stock white with type r front/rear lips and white hx wheels. looks nice and is pretty quick. last year i ran [email protected] on POS all season hankooks. pretty confident i can dip into the 12's once i change the clutch and use some slicks. lsd would help too. parts are so damn cheap for it... its hardfor me to NOT buy parts for it.

Koopa Troopa
02-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Old school....

My little on going project...

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/218459-2/DSC01783.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/219235-2/DSC01881.JPG

You're almost ready to hit the kanjo Team Donarudo style

YouTube - Osaka kanjo team donald racing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79tHd9yTkI)

touge dreamer
02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
I had a honda, it was my first car. My second was also a honda, an EK(i'll post some pics later when i find them). But my EK was stolen twice, right in front of my house, the first time wasnt that bad, cus all the parts they took were easily replaceable. But the second time, was from the mall. It was later found a month later, over an hour away, from where it was stolen, left in the middle of the desert..... with nothing.

Because of that, I said fuck it! No more Honda's! Got a 240 and im loving it... but I still kind of miss my old car, it would be nice to have another honda maybe as a daily. Save more gas, smaller size to go in and out of traffic or even just to park in a smaller parking space, it works. Plus I can carry more people with me cus there is a little more room on the inside, cus im 6'3". Oh yea, many of the parts are cheap too.

Touge_Monster
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I use to have an integra. That thing ran for ever!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/touge_army/Integra/DSC01389.jpg

Bubbles
02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
YouTube - Osaka kanjo team donald racing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79tHd9yTkI)

People who comment on youtube videos make my head hurt.

Koopa Troopa
02-24-2009, 12:01 AM
People who comment on youtube videos make my head hurt.

This is my favorite

wharpracing (http://www.youtube.com/user/wharpracing) (4 か月前) 表示 非表示
スパムとしてマーク 返信 | スパム報告

what is this music?

JackArnrike (http://www.youtube.com/user/JackArnrike) (3 か月前) 表示 非表示
スパムとしてマーク 返信 | スパム報告

its called rock and roll.

stiizy
02-24-2009, 07:37 AM
I now wish I hadn't...:-/

Oh yeah, drill some holes in your rear bumper.. I found it's easier to keep your speed/ gain speed in turns as my rear bumper no longer serves as a parachute.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3495/3236385314_f40a4bb28b.jpg

is that a Spoon N1 i see.........

i love it i had one on my ep3

Driven08
03-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Anymore progress on the car?
I am thinking about trading my srd S13 coupe for an eg6 or sell it to get an eg6. Anyone have anymore input on these cars?

Koopa Troopa
03-04-2009, 10:49 PM
is that a Spoon N1 i see.........

i love it i had one on my ep3

Nah, it's a no-make trumpet muffler on a Spoon mid pipe. Sounds great but doesn't have that loud ting I demand with my Honda exhaust.

Wish I could find a Spoon N1 muffler though. Further my collection of Spoon parts I had no intent on ever starting when I bought my Honda.. :rofl:

Anymore progress on the car?<br />
I am thinking about trading my srd S13 coupe for an eg6 or sell it to get an eg6. Anyone have anymore input on these cars?<br />
<br />

EG6 chassis feels like slug until you brace the shit out of it but once you can make it stiff it'll feel like car magic. Get a close ratio transmission with a high final drive (4.7 or 4.9 depending on your rev limit) and a real LSD, not the OEM Honda bullshit and you'll have an amazing car for Auto X, HPDE.

Driven08
03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
EG6 chassis feels like slug until you brace the shit out of it but once you can make it stiff it'll feel like car magic. Get a close ratio transmission with a high final drive (4.7 or 4.9 depending on your rev limit) and a real LSD, not the OEM Honda bullshit and you'll have an amazing car for Auto X, HPDE.

Well I mostly want it to get better gas milage and to get more money saved up. Got any ideas of what kind of motor set ups I can get by trading my sr'd s13 for?

RiversideS13
03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
i was told DC4 integra's chassis is 20% rigid than EG6, not sure if that is real. on top of that you already have better interior and 4 wheel disc brake

but civic's stolen rate is still way out more than 240sx

check here for ad of trade and sticky
Southern California - Honda-Tech (http://www.hondamarketplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)

OneForMe
03-04-2009, 11:38 PM
EK9s will hold a place on my heart thanks to initial d

ronmcdon
03-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Well I mostly want it to get better gas milage and to get more money saved up. Got any ideas of what kind of motor set ups I can get by trading my sr'd s13 for?

well you certainly don't want a 4.9 final drive if your goal is good mileage.
I had a ATS 4.9 in a B16a2 tranny. I had 11:1 comp ls/vtec. Engine would be around 4200rpm, cruising @ 75mpg. overall mpg would be 18-20 mpg, and car was uncomfortably loud for a daily.

I'd just stick with a stock d series engine if economy is your goal.

Driven08
03-05-2009, 12:24 AM
well you certainly don't want a 4.9 final drive if your goal is good mileage.
I had a ATS 4.9 in a B16a2 tranny. I had 11:1 comp ls/vtec. Engine would be around 4200rpm, cruising @ 75mpg. overall mpg would be 18-20 mpg, and car was uncomfortably loud for a daily.

I'd just stick with a stock d series engine if economy is your goal.

Well I do want better fuel economy but I want somewhat of good performance for the car. As long as its reliable and gets me better than 20mpg ill be happy.

ESmorz
03-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Man I want an eg hatch.

Anyone want to trade for a '93 240sx Coupe?

lol

J90lude
03-05-2009, 01:25 AM
I always love EKs and Preludes.:drool:

Here's a pic of my old BA4 3rd Gen Ludehttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/J90lude/l_361e5b048acc3d53d6d71b65a4833e7c.jpg

ronmcdon
03-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Well I do want better fuel economy but I want somewhat of good performance for the car. As long as its reliable and gets me better than 20mpg ill be happy.

You'd have to be a bit more specific as far as your preferences and expectations in performance & affordability.

Speaking for myself, I was fully satisfied driving around town in a stock 89 crx Si w/ better tires. I bought it for $1,600 from a used car dealer w/ 200k mi. Not the best deal, but it served me well. It had adequate power, handled well, forgiving to push hard, and fun to drive. I even did okay in autoX with it. got 33 mpg consistently, and I am god-awful when it comes to extracting fuel economy (even managed to get 25 mpg on my mom's civic hybrid). parts were cheap and abundant too.

The ls-vtec eg hatch I got was around 10k total including the shell, swap, misc engine parts, suspension, & brake parts. Most of the parts I obtained used from the bums at honda-tech. Without a proper alignment, I ran Streets of Willow CW, and got 1:38:something best time on my first track day with that car (compared to 1:34:something with my stock evo x, now 1:30.9x after practice). I was pretty pleased with my eg as a track car, but not too impressed as a daily.

if you're going to get into b-series engine swaps its not going to be cheap, k-series swaps are even more pricey. Ive had a tsx engine sit in my garage for years b/c the parts needed are so expensive that I can't be bothered.

Driven08
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
You'd have to be a bit more specific as far as your preferences and expectations in performance & affordability.

Speaking for myself, I was fully satisfied driving around town in a stock 89 crx Si w/ better tires. I bought it for $1,600 from a used car dealer w/ 200k mi. Not the best deal, but it served me well. It had adequate power, handled well, forgiving to push hard, and fun to drive. I even did okay in autoX with it. got 33 mpg consistently, and I am god-awful when it comes to extracting fuel economy (even managed to get 25 mpg on my mom's civic hybrid). parts were cheap and abundant too.

The ls-vtec eg hatch I got was around 10k total including the shell, swap, misc engine parts, suspension, & brake parts. Most of the parts I obtained used from the bums at honda-tech. Without a proper alignment, I ran Streets of Willow CW, and got 1:38:something best time on my first track day with that car (compared to 1:34:something with my stock evo x, now 1:30.9x after practice). I was pretty pleased with my eg as a track car, but not too impressed as a daily.

if you're going to get into b-series engine swaps its not going to be cheap, k-series swaps are even more pricey. Ive had a tsx engine sit in my garage for years b/c the parts needed are so expensive that I can't be bothered.

Im interested in probably getting some kind b series motor for sure. Something a lot better than the stock d-series it comes with but im hoping I can find something that would compensate as a straight trade for my sr"d s13. It would strictly be dd but I will still want some fun with it.

The honda world is something new to me and I have a hard time learning about their alphabet motors, lol. Im hoping I make the right choice in getting one because all I have had are 240s for the past 5 years since I have started driving.

ronmcdon
03-05-2009, 02:22 AM
I think n/a powered fwd honda's driving feel is totally different than a sr'd 240 (or at least compared to my junk s14 w/ s14 sr swap).

usually the n/a builds lack torque, so it feels a lot slower. Easiest way to check one out (if you don't know anybody that has one), is go test drive a new civic Si. It's obviously not going to be exactly like your 'run of the mill' EG w/ some b16 swap, but it gives you a good general idea.

never driven a turbo fwd honda, so I cannot say for sure, but maybe that would be more similar to a sr s13. If you had to go with a b-series, I'd just get a cheaper ls (b18b ?) swap for a couple hundred bucks and call it a day. You can always throw on a smaller turbo after-wards, if needed be.

I also wouldn't necessarily rule out D-series swap either. They do fine in turbo builds if prepared correctly, and they're super cheap.

I think you should also consider doing some research on honda-tech.com some of the resources there are decent, although there is a lot of garbage to filter out. I recall I enjoyed reading the hpde/autoX session a lot.

personally if I were you, I'd get a well setup stock car. Maybe something along the lines of a EG Si, DC2 GSR, or even an ITR if possible. maybe get some good tires, & keep it as close to stock as possible.

Driven08
03-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Im definately looking to get something along the lines of an si if possible. I hear some good things about the d-series vtec motor but since im used to a higher hp car I would want somthing a lot faster. I am also concerned about smog especially since there are a lot of swaps out there but which one do u think will be easy to smog without having to pass it illegaly like the sr?

Theres so much to learn and hondatech just has too much stuff on there. It will be a while before I completely understand everything especially with all the jdm parts that those cars have compared to 240s.

keistyle
03-05-2009, 02:37 AM
I always love EKs and Preludes.:drool:

Here's a pic of my old BA4 3rd Gen Ludehttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/J90lude/l_361e5b048acc3d53d6d71b65a4833e7c.jpg

you look like a young chamillionare

ayuaddict
03-05-2009, 02:49 AM
duuuddddddddeeeeeeeee.

so.

i.

bought.

ASR rear subframe brace.
NRG triangulated front strut bar (the firewall already has threaded holes! wtf!)
NRG under car "H brace"
ground control top hats (for more travel)
10Kg/mm springs up front.

picking up some 8k for the rears this weekend...
ordering F7 RLCAs with spherical bearings (none of that bushings bullshit) and TDM miracle bar knockoff strut to c pillar brace when i get paid on friday.
welding in a rear strut tower brace (think Z33) and cutting out and welding shut most of the spare tire well.

man having a car that actually performs is awesome!

sold the wheels off my 240 and shit, that one is gonna sit in storage for a while.

im considering buying a autopower roll bar and tying it into the strut tower brace monstrosity and making door bars for rigidity without the smash-the-fuck-out-of-your-bare-skull-in-an-accident halo and a pillar bars.

or just say fuck it and get the 6 point and tying that into the rear strut tower brace dealio.

on to pics.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yOo9ZivE51g/Sacz-rxkWlI/AAAAAAAAAu4/8nKcIy4hPaw/s320/blog+073.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yOo9ZivE51g/Sacxu1_x34I/AAAAAAAAAug/iu1PvRKjPuk/s320/blog+067.JPG

yea i know.

i fucked up.

i made them hella small on accident.

oh and as you can see i made a little exhaust thingy.

p.s.s i picked up an extra intake manifold. why you may ask? to mock up my ITBs, oh wait, i never mock shit up, ill just do it. do not fret, i'm still the worst kind of ricer, i just want them for the sound and throttle response, even if i lose power. so my car will sound and feel fast even if it really isnt.

Koopa Troopa
03-05-2009, 03:20 AM
duuuddddddddeeeeeeeee.

so.

i.

bought.

ASR rear subframe brace.
NRG triangulated front strut bar (the firewall already has threaded holes! wtf!)
NRG under car "H brace"
ground control top hats (for more travel)
10Kg/mm springs up front.

picking up some 8k for the rears this weekend...
ordering F7 RLCAs with spherical bearings (none of that bushings bullshit) and TDM miracle bar knockoff strut to c pillar brace when i get paid on friday.
welding in a rear strut tower brace (think Z33) and cutting out and welding shut most of the spare tire well.

man having a car that actually performs is awesome!

sold the wheels off my 240 and shit, that one is gonna sit in storage for a while.

im considering buying a autopower roll bar and tying it into the strut tower brace monstrosity and making door bars for rigidity without the smash-the-fuck-out-of-your-bare-skull-in-an-accident halo and a pillar bars.

or just say fuck it and get the 6 point and tying that into the rear strut tower brace dealio.

on to pics.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yOo9ZivE51g/Sacz-rxkWlI/AAAAAAAAAu4/8nKcIy4hPaw/s320/blog+073.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yOo9ZivE51g/Sacxu1_x34I/AAAAAAAAAug/iu1PvRKjPuk/s320/blog+067.JPG

yea i know.

i fucked up.

i made them hella small on accident.

oh and as you can see i made a little exhaust thingy.

p.s.s i picked up an extra intake manifold. why you may ask? to mock up my ITBs, oh wait, i never mock shit up, ill just do it. do not fret, i'm still the worst kind of ricer, i just want them for the sound and throttle response, even if i lose power. so my car will sound and feel fast even if it really isnt.

You need better tires and stiffer springs 10/8 on a car with double wishbone suspension is weak sauce.

ayuaddict
03-05-2009, 03:27 AM
i am poor so RT615s will have to do for now.

but.

when i do get new tires what do you recommend?

so far the 10K feels nice but its been raining lately so no good driving time.

i suppose i will have to get new coil overs entirely in the future.

my H&Rs are non dampening adjustable and to be honest im actually worried my 10ks will blow them.

again what would you recommend?

whats your EG set up like?

would you be kind enough to provide photos and a thorough list of modifications?

91240sil80
03-05-2009, 03:37 AM
my old coupe built bored out b16 to b18 turbo (RIP Red Rocket) never lost a race
blew it bc of a boost creep BIG BOOST creep...it was tuned on 8lbs then went to 22lbs

sold it then bought my s13

can we have a moment of silence please.....

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9402/l16e67943f749b5d942a0c8.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1166/lc3925a14e44ec9c0d325e6.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6800/l027ae8a66b649ed9e76e22.jpg

Koopa Troopa
03-05-2009, 03:38 AM
I'll take some current photo's tonight. But here's what's done to my EG..

Engine Parts
*Top Fuel intake chamber
*DC Sports 4-1 header *need to pick up*
*Test pipe
*Spoon mid pipe with no make muffler
*Mugen 1.5 way LSD
*Y21 tranny with 4.783 final drive
*Spoon VC3E VTEC controller
*Jun chipped P28 ECU *in the mail*

Suspension
*Spoon N1 dampers for DC2 (18/16 springs?)
*Like 94.7% of the bushings are poly bushings from Suspension Techniques
*Cusco front lower arm bar
*Spoon rear lower arm bar
*Unknown make rear monokukyu bar
*Unknown make front monokukyu bar
*Hyakusiki C pillar bar
*Spoon rear strut tower bar
*Spoon front strut tower bar
*J-Speed fender braces

Brakes, Wheels, Tires
*Feels brake master cylinder brace
*Racing Gear brake lines
*Sprint Hart CP-F 15x7.5 +50 front 15x7 +42 rear
*Bridgestone Potenza RE01R 205/50/15 and 195/55/15
*15/16 brake master cylinder and brake booster from Prelude
*'96 Spec ITR hubs and brakes (unknown pads and rotors)

Interior
*Recaro Pro Racer SPG
*Integra GSR passenger seat
*OMP Rally steering wheel
*Juran steering spacer
*Spoon black aluminum shift knob
*Relocated ECU to glovebox
*10 point roll cage
*gutted
*Yapiteru Super Cat CR960i GPS/ suprise cop detector
*Integra GSR shifter

Exterior
*Spoon carbon fiber front lip
*Varis carbon hood
*Back Yard Special carbon fiber rear wing
*Denji projector headlamps
*Unknown make aero mirrors

ayuaddict
03-05-2009, 03:51 AM
oh. fuck.

that sounds good.

so what spring rates on a civic would feel like 9/7 on a S13?

or rather what spring rates on double wishbone would feel as stiff as 9k feels on McPherson?

and WTF is a monokukyu bar?

are you not running sway bars?

Koopa Troopa
03-05-2009, 07:57 AM
[quote=ayuaddict;2675793]i am poor so RT615s will have to do for now.

but.

when i do get new tires what do you recommend?
Direzza Star Spec or Potenza RE01R. RT615's were great on my Civic for the first month then after that they became scary.

so far the 10K feels nice but its been raining lately so no good driving time.

i suppose i will have to get new coil overs entirely in the future.

my H&Rs are non dampening adjustable and to be honest im actually worried my 10ks will blow them.

again what would you recommend?
The guy who bought my Motec gave me this formula. He said to buy off the self Bilstein dampers for your car, get the coil over sleeves and whatever spring rates you want. For ~$70 a damper they'll cut them an inch shorter and put NASCAR internals in them and for ~$280 a damper they'll revalve them for the springs.

I believe Koni and Ohlins will do the same for their off the shelf dampers as well.

whats your EG set up like?

would you be kind enough to provide photos and a thorough list of modifications?
It's set up to be stiff as shit and slightly neutral. Stock B16A means I can floor it through the turns and keep traction which means I am faster through turns than the bigger guys.

oh. fuck.

that sounds good.

so what spring rates on a civic would feel like 9/7 on a S13?

or rather what spring rates on double wishbone would feel as stiff as 9k feels on McPherson?
I'd run something like 16/14 or 18/16 depending on what you use the car for. If the suspension is valved properly you won't even notice the high spring rates.

and WTF is a monokukyu bar?

Monokukyu is the jdm word for unibody. it's a bar that ties the unibody together in the front and rear. I think they're pretty much limited to Yafu Auction as I never see them for sale anywhere else.

are you not running sway bars?
Stock. I'm happy with the way the car handles right now and honestly I'm too scared to change to a larger rear. I don't want to risk the car becoming too tail happy. It rotates easy enough as it is.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/3330206917_6f5e45a3af.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3330206205_49e8ba2e32.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3623/3331039528_97949a0eac.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3375/3330203995_38a5f443d1.jpg
My friend and my new exhaust.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3366/3331038036_a7fe91406c.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3330202655_ab1c7c01b2.jpg

stiizy
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
^^ That wing looks sick..

What wing is that??

I like the purp lol

Koopa Troopa
03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
It's a carbon fiber Back Yard Special wing. I'm going to take it to the body shop soon to have it stripped of the paint and recleared.

You know what's amazing? That whole rear bumper is painted in black rust enamel.. Look how glossy it looks! I also painted parts of the body that were rusting with the rust enamel.. Can't even tell...

stiizy
03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah ya right you can't tell sick!!

I was thinking it ws a backyard special i had the bumper for my old 00 Si..

ronmcdon
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Interesting suspension setup. How are the roads where you're at? Seems that you'd have to get really well paved roads to take advantage of such a stiff suspension. as far as tires go, it's also nice you have a choice of wider re-01r's there. iirc, the widest 15's I can find via US tire merchants for the Z1 ss's are 195's. going wider would pretty much mean going with 615's or Kumho MX's (which I use, and they do well at hpde events).

here's my EG suspension setup;
ots koni yellows
ground control coilovers, front 400 lbs (10k?) rear 500 (8k?).

mugen upper front bar
e-bay pos upper rear bar
cusco lower front bar
asr subframe brace
jim-fab traction bar

no front swaybar
itr 22 mm rear swaybar
mugen trailing arm bushings
quaife helical lsd

15x7 +48 rotas
205/50 kumho mx

mystery alignment (have no done yet).

I like the way the car handles on the street.
Body roll is minimal.
It almost never gets upset by road irregularities (roads not good here in socal), or mediocre road conditions you get at tracks like streets of willow.
On the track it is okay.
It grips decent, also minimal body roll, drives predictably.
There's just not as much rotation as I would like.
Then again my standard of a well rotating car is a miata and evo.
It surely would benefit from a proper alignment (and def more seat time).

somovr4
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Good looking EK son.

JohnJohn86
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a S2000 and I love it, not as much as the 240 tho

DUFFM4N
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
ayuaddict...

if you're still looking for a decent forum, i didnt read through all the pages here, but u might wanna checkout

NWP4LIFE.com 2009 | COMING SOON (http://www.nwp4life.com)

tight knit community with 99% less assholes than H-T

J90lude
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
you look like a young chamillionare

haha I mad that you pointed that out hahaha

Koopa Troopa
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Interesting suspension setup. How are the roads where you're at? Seems that you'd have to get really well paved roads to take advantage of such a stiff suspension.
There's just not as much rotation as I would like.
Then again my standard of a well rotating car is a miata and evo.
It surely would benefit from a proper alignment (and def more seat time).

Roads are shitty and made of coral. The RE01Rs are a great tire. I doubt I could drive anywhere near as fast if I was still using RT615s.

You have no front bar, 22mm rear bar and there's not enough rotation? Damn... Make the rear end stiffer via chassis braces? Stock rear sway bar I have problems lifting tires on the street...

ronmcdon
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Think RE01-R's are being discontinued.
Tirerack is doing a closeout on them right now, and there are decent deals to be had.
The replacement should be the RE-11's, and they'll be avail in 205/50/15 @ US$120/tire;
since you're in Japan, I'd imagine you guys got the RE-11's sooner.
have any idea if they're any good?

RE-01R Currently Available Prices and Sizes (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-01R)
RE-11 Currently Available Prices and Sizes (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-11)

There's also the newer Kumho XS with some interesting sizes (like 315/17's) & reasonable pricing.
205/50/15's size are offered.
Not much news on that despite being on the market for several months already;
seriously though, it is becoming more difficult for good tires to be made in wider sizes for smaller 15" (or even 17") diameter wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Ecsta+XS

Really wish the Z1's came in 205/15.
I have them right now on my evo, and i'm really happy how they perform at autoX & hpde's.
the price is right too. a set of 245/18 cost me around $820 shipped from tire-rack.

With the rotation, I'll prob get the alignment done right first.
maybe make some adjustments with camber give the rear -1, front -2.
would be fun to give some slight toe out in the front.
agreed with the additional bracing. will try that next.

I like how you run wider wheels in the front. I'm intrigued to try that out myself.
It's a convincing enough excuse for me to get another set of wheels. :D

ayuaddict
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM
yea im not too sure about the 195/50s...

im personally happy with the azenis for now, they arethe grippiest tires ive owned to date and my driving skills are not any where near decent any ways.

but i will definitely keep the star specs and re01rs in mind when these tires get all worn up.

if anything i want to figure out a way to reduce bump steer, perhaps flip the tie rod ends upside down and use a longer ball joint and spacer like the SPL ones for 240?

ive kept the car at a reaosnable height but i think perhaps the suspension might benefit from roll center adjusters...

man i dont know shit about actually having a car perform well. lol.

ronmcdon
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
615's might not be the absolute best tires out there, but honestly I think they're fine.
actually they're a wonderful autoX & street tire as they grip great when cold.

as far as suspension mods go, I recommend keeping it simple to begin with.
if it were me, I'd even stick with the stock suspension, get an alignment, & good tires first.
just learn to drive it well.
add parts later as needed be (not the other way around).

I don't disagree with your choice in parts per say, but I think you'd benefit more from investing in seat time more than parts right now.
If you feel you don't know enough, then you prob shouldn't be spending too much $ yet on parts.
if you're cheap and/or poor just go autoXing like once a month.
that's like $60/month. Its nothing.

imo, obtaining a suspension you're happy with is a gradual process that requires lots of experimentation & practice.
It's also a personal process.
What works for 'such and such' might not be optimal for your driving style.
You just have to drive, and play with settings step-by-step.

If needed be, just research what the H-T guys on the track/autoX section are doing.
(the rest of the guys on that site are no more than poseurs and/or drag racers imo).
you'll begin to notice patterns that are indicative of what works and what doesn't.

spending 2 mins on H-T autoX/RoadRace forum, I ran across this thread.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2507289

While you might not be in the same exact situation as the OP,
good general advice is given on one's approach to play with your suspension.
start simple and move up.
I just wouldn't agree with driving around in complete shit parts that are dangerous and inconsistent.
at the very least, have something reliable, get good tires and pads.

ESmorz
03-06-2009, 12:17 AM
So I offered up my 240 for trade for a civic today.

HyperTek
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
So I offered up my 240 for trade for a civic today.

never thought id hear someone on zilvia ever say that lmao.. no offense to some of the nice hondas posted in this thread.

ESmorz
03-06-2009, 12:39 AM
never thought id hear someone on zilvia ever say that lmao.. no offense to some of the nice hondas posted in this thread.

EG Hatch
Type R Euro Accord swap
Coils
LSD
Etc...

Sounds more fun than my 240.

blahz36
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
My Honda :bigok:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1870/img0691d.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0691d.jpg)
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/img0691d.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img27/img0691d.jpg/1/)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5489/img0690r.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0690r.jpg)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/img0690r.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img22/img0690r.jpg/1/)

ayuaddict
03-06-2009, 03:27 AM
615's might not be the absolute best tires out there, but honestly I think they're fine.

if it were me, I'd even stick with the stock suspension, get an alignment, & good tires first.

I don't disagree with your choice in parts per say, but I think you'd benefit more from investing in seat time more than parts right now.
If you feel you don't know enough, then you prob shouldn't be spending too much $ yet on parts.
if you're cheap and/or poor just go autoXing like once a month.
that's like $60/month. Its nothing.

imo, obtaining a suspension you're happy with is a gradual process that requires lots of experimentation & practice.
It's also a personal process.
What works for 'such and such' might not be optimal for your driving style.
You just have to drive, and play with settings step-by-step.

If needed be, just research what the H-T guys on the track/autoX section are doing.
(the rest of the guys on that site are no more than poseurs and/or drag racers imo).
you'll begin to notice patterns that are indicative of what works and what doesn't.

spending 2 mins on H-T autoX/RoadRace forum, I ran across this thread.

suspension help - Honda-Tech (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2507289)

While you might not be in the same exact situation as the OP,
good general advice is given on one's approach to play with your suspension.
start simple and move up.
I just wouldn't agree with driving around in complete shit parts that are dangerous and inconsistent.
at the very least, have something reliable, get good tires and pads.

thanks for the advise.

im not new to messing around with cars by any means, however this is my first non RWD car as well as the newest car i have owned.

im not completely mechanically impotent nor am i completely devoid of any driving experience, just i have nothing worth mentioning.

maybe im trying too hard to get my civic to handle like the corollas/miatas/S13s im used to driving. like you say i should try to understand the car better and work with it's advantages instead of trying to "fix" the differences.

ESmorz
03-06-2009, 03:35 AM
like you say i should try to understand the car better and work with it's advantages instead of trying to "fix" the differences.

Deep.

You're like the Zatoichi of Honda's.

http://www.dria.org/images/zatoichi.jpg

SleepyFuckinD
03-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Had a 2000 Civic Si...matter of fact here's some pics:

Car looked like this when i got it(Mostly Stock) needed tons of work:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01429.jpg
And here's after:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01484.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01485.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01486.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01489.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01490.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01495.jpg
Had a bunch of leftover parts that i just got lazy about...
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01492.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01493.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/boithizz/DSC01494.jpg

After getting rid of the indiglo gauges and some tacky ass shit the original owner had on it i just got bored with it. I got the car for $500 cause the guy had a 350z and he didn't wanna pay insurance for a car he didn't drive nor want anymore. So he sold it to me and i flipped it for $5600 after i did all the work to it. Although i do miss the incredible gas mileage i was getting... I was gonna keep it and turbo it, but then when i saw the price to get the kit and have a shop do it i was like fuck that i'll just buy a 240...

ayuaddict
03-06-2009, 03:59 AM
you're like Kate Winslet in Titanic.

so you gonna get that civic?

i dunno, if i had this civic but didnt have my S13 any more, i may be unhappy.

Koopa Troopa
03-06-2009, 04:13 AM
thanks for the advise.

im not new to messing around with cars by any means, however this is my first non RWD car as well as the newest car i have owned.

im not completely mechanically impotent nor am i completely devoid of any driving experience, just i have nothing worth mentioning.

maybe im trying too hard to get my civic to handle like the corollas/miatas/S13s im used to driving. like you say i should try to understand the car better and work with it's advantages instead of trying to "fix" the differences.
Do you have an LSD? Get an LSD tranny as your next purchase. Have you posted a current list of everything done to the car? I'd like to see what's all been done to include tire sizes, brake pads, etc. Just remember one thing when driving an FF car with an LSD. NEVER LIFT OFF. If you lift off the throttle in an oversteer situation you will spin the car backwards. If the rear end slips, point the wheel in the direction you want to go and accelerate. It's something you have to teach yourself to do as your brain will tell you to slow down.

EG Hatch
Type R Euro Accord swap
Coils
LSD
Etc...

Sounds more fun than my 240.

Badass but that's a pure drag car.

Like I said, they were awesome for the first month I had them but after that they just became junk and then eventually went bald. I went through 2 full sets of RT615's in 5 months.

Agreed
Think RE01-R's are being discontinued.
Tirerack is doing a closeout on them right now, and there are decent deals to be had.
The replacement should be the RE-11's, and they'll be avail in 205/50/15 @ US$120/tire;
since you're in Japan, I'd imagine you guys got the RE-11's sooner.
have any idea if they're any good?

RE-01R Currently Available Prices and Sizes (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-01R)
RE-11 Currently Available Prices and Sizes (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-11)
I haven't driven on RE11's yet but a dude I know has them on his 32GTR he said they have pretty poor cold traction but once they heat up a bit they're amazing.

I like how you run wider wheels in the front. I'm intrigued to try that out myself.
It's a convincing enough excuse for me to get another set of wheels. :D
The wider wheels in the front is completely involuntary. The front wheels came off my friend's ITR and the rear were bought off Yafu Auction to complete the set. Hower I do like the staggered set up.

if anything i want to figure out a way to reduce bump steer, perhaps flip the tie rod ends upside down and use a longer ball joint and spacer like the SPL ones for 240?

Better bushings

ESmorz
03-06-2009, 04:50 AM
you're like Kate Winslet in Titanic.

so you gonna get that civic?

i dunno, if i had this civic but didnt have my S13 any more, i may be unhappy.

I fell out of love with my S13 a loooooong time ago. Besides, I'd still have my Subie and Corolla.

We shall see. I'll probably end up keeping that car till the day I die just to spite it.

Maybe I will just pick up a eg shell and put a really cheap v8 in it.

ayuaddict
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Do you have an LSD? Get an LSD tranny as your next purchase. Have you posted a current list of everything done to the car? I'd like to see what's all been done to include tire sizes, brake pads, etc. Just remember one thing when driving an FF car with an LSD. NEVER LIFT OFF. If you lift off the throttle in an oversteer situation you will spin the car backwards. If the rear end slips, point the wheel in the direction you want to go and accelerate. It's something you have to teach yourself to do as your brain will tell you to slow down.

Like I said, they were awesome for the first month I had them but after that they just became junk and then eventually went bald. I went through 2 full sets of RT615's in 5 months.

Better bushings

no i do not have an LSD, at least im pretty sure i do not.

like i said before, previous to me purchasing this car, i was putting it together for my friend who had a bit more money than knowledge, (i spent a lot of time installing a bunch of speakers, subwoofer and cute little accesories), so if anything on this car does not make sense to you give me the benefit of the doubt.

engine:

japanese D15B.

exterior:

Ek4 sir bumpers
carbon fiber hood

suspension:

H&R coilovers with ground control top hats and 10k springs up front and some trash ass progressive rate springs in the rear.
polyurethane bushings everywhere.
omni power LCAs.
Neuspeed rear sway bar.
ASR subframe brace.
integra GSR brakes with not so awesome pads.
braided SS brake lines.
ARP extended studs.
blox lug nuts
EM C pillar bar.
NRG tringular front strut tower brace.
NRG under car front sub frame brace.
15x7 +35 RPF1s with 205/50/15 RT615.
15x6.5 +40 rotas with 205/50/15 RT615.

i think thats about it.

francogt1
03-06-2009, 09:14 AM
i had a Honda once too bought it only to take profit out of it i made double the money from what i paid for it it only needed a new timing belt instead of a "new engine" as the seller advised =]

the car dint turn for shit the H22 engine was way to heavy but boy did it go in a straight line!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/francogt1/DSCF1158.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/francogt1/DSCF1161.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/francogt1/DSCF1162.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/francogt1/IMG00490.jpg

francogt1
03-06-2009, 09:24 AM
hows is this for your guys?
H22 mated with a S2000 6 speed tranny turbocharged. on a S13

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/francogt1/k1wc2r.jpg

LeftNutOfGowd
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I miss my 98 Prelude

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/SD531379.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/SD531380.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/SD531376.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/cvbnh.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/hgjf.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/gfcjh.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/khgjkg.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/SD531383.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/SD531372.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/P1010038.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/JackSkeleton21/My%20car/all/P1010040.jpg

Koopa Troopa
03-06-2009, 11:01 AM
no i do not have an LSD, at least im pretty sure i do not.

engine:

japanese D15B.

Car sounds good... Make your next purchase a B16A with JDM LSD tranny.

VROOOM
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
B16?? at least go for the B18C. B16 have no torque. mildly built B18C with a b16 LSd tranny is what i would get.

i had a B18C it was kinda built
B18C block
LS rods
LS crank
ITR pistons
Skunk 2 Stage 2 cams
HKS cam gears
port flow valvetrain
skunk 2 intake manifold
ITR exhaust manifold
5 zigen miracle fireball exhaust
ported TB

stiizy
03-06-2009, 11:54 AM
B16 for life bro....

Baby R i love that motor....

Koopa Troopa
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
B16?? at least go for the B18C. B16 have no torque. mildly built B18C with a b16 LSd tranny is what i would get.

i had a B18C it was kinda built
B18C block
LS rods
LS crank
ITR pistons
Skunk 2 Stage 2 cams
HKS cam gears
port flow valvetrain
skunk 2 intake manifold
ITR exhaust manifold
5 zigen miracle fireball exhaust
ported TB

B18C has a pretty flat power band. The B16 feels much better as a N/A motor. If I was into drag racing, maybe I'd go for a B18C however I'm not and the B16 is an amazing engine.

VROOOM
03-06-2009, 12:58 PM
B18C has a pretty flat power band. The B16 feels much better as a N/A motor. If I was into drag racing, maybe I'd go for a B18C however I'm not and the B16 is an amazing engine.

that motor i posted had an awesome power band. ill try to find my dyno sheets for it. its been 5 or 6 years since i owned it but they may still be around.

RiversideS13
03-06-2009, 01:00 PM

B16A is so much cheaper than B18C. but my friend had a GSR that has 220k miles and still runs well

Koopa Troopa
03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
that motor i posted had an awesome power band. ill try to find my dyno sheets for it. its been 5 or 6 years since i owned it but they may still be around.

I'm talking stock for stock.

ANVIL
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
if on a small budget b16 is good

what are gsr swaps going for now? last i remember it was something like 3k for a gsr swap w/o mounts. if thats still the case you might as well go H2B. if i hadnt been offered just an awesome deal on my current H22 swap i would have done an H2B.

H2B's can be had for around 4-4.5k when said and done proablly even less. my friend has one and that thing rips. id guess an H2B LSD stock motor setup would be good for low 13's easy. maybe even 12's on slicks. so much potential to be even faster

Koopa Troopa
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
if on a small budget b16 is good

what are gsr swaps going for now? last i remember it was something like 3k for a gsr swap w/o mounts. if thats still the case you might as well go H2B. if i hadnt been offered just an awesome deal on my current H22 swap i would have done an H2B.

H2B's can be had for around 4-4.5k when said and done proablly even less. my friend has one and that thing rips. id guess an H2B LSD stock motor setup would be good for low 13's easy. maybe even 12's on slicks. so much potential to be even faster

OP is interested in circuit racing/ Auto X.

H swap = no turning

ANVIL
03-06-2009, 01:56 PM
why do u say H swap = no turning?

ayuaddict
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
because they are heavy as shit i presume.

i really want a B16...

B16A is cheap over here...

but i want B16B, just because they are so cool.

i actually like the D15B though, it actually feels quicker than an EM1 si that i drove once with intake, intake manifold, headers, exhaust and other crap...and im pretty sure those came with the B16A...

maybe im just tripping. well i have an extra AEM intake lying around so perhaps ill throw that on my car and see if it does anything lol, maybe pick up a DC header locally - they seem to go for around a bill used...

also, from what ive read the d series and b16 both have the same motor mounts? so if i get stiffer mounts now they wont be useless if i get a B16 right?

VROOOM
03-06-2009, 03:06 PM
because they are heavy as shit i presume.

i really want a B16...

B16A is cheap over here...

but i want B16B, just because they are so cool.

i actually like the D15B though, it actually feels quicker than an EM1 si that i drove once with intake, intake manifold, headers, exhaust and other crap...and im pretty sure those came with the B16A...

maybe im just tripping. well i have an extra AEM intake lying around so perhaps ill throw that on my car and see if it does anything lol, maybe pick up a DC header locally - they seem to go for around a bill used...

also, from what ive read the d series and b16 both have the same motor mounts? so if i get stiffer mounts now they wont be useless if i get a B16 right?

i know what you mean about the D15. i went from a SR powered 240sx to a stock 96 DX and i was amazed at how torquey it felt. i was expecting it to be way slower then it was

ayuaddict
03-06-2009, 03:11 PM
yea i think its because of the gearing.

but yea, i wonder if it would be worth getting an LSD for this tranny...

man i love this initial stage of owning a new car, all this research and stuff and learning new things...

ObleZk
03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I used to have an EG... It was fun... D15b built with Nitrous of course ;-)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/anthonygonzalez/Cressida%20MKII/Honda%20Civic/Iphone026.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/anthonygonzalez/Cressida%20MKII/Honda%20Civic/Iphone146.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/anthonygonzalez/Cressida%20MKII/Honda%20Civic/Iphone223.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/anthonygonzalez/Cressida%20MKII/Honda%20Civic/Iphone419.jpg

ayuaddict
03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
hey that engine looks different from mine.

i guess its an older model?

mine came out of an Ek4.

my car had nitrous too, but i didn't see much of a point for it so i took it out. haha. i bet its fun though.

ObleZk
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
hey that engine looks different from mine.

i guess its an older model?

mine came out of an Ek4.

my car had nitrous too, but i didn't see much of a point for it so i took it out. haha. i bet its fun though.

Yeah lol... I didnt keep it in my car very long either, but it was pretty fun... :werd:

ALTRNTV
03-06-2009, 04:20 PM
My friend's EJ1. He takes meticulous care of his car. You won't find a speck of dust or dirt anywhere on or in it.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/l_e5531a81c09c4335b47856cec7ae2b23.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/42/l_6243343ba1f447a9812b7be7f178f6d4.jpg

ANVIL
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
B series trans are only like 6lbs lighter than H series. H series motors are somethin glike 60lbs heavier.

is it really that much?

a cf hood will shave another 10-20lbs

ANVIL
03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
b16bs are a waste of money IMO. only difference is the trans is LSD and has higher comp pistons.
so many other options for around the same price range.

ronmcdon
03-06-2009, 06:04 PM

The wider wheels in the front is completely involuntary. The front wheels came off my friend's ITR and the rear were bought off Yafu Auction to complete the set. Hower I do like the staggered set up.

I was just referring to the OP that he's better off spending his money driving the car first with his existing tires instead of getting a new set right away. For someone starting out to drive a new car, I think they're appropriate, even if not in the same league as the Re01r's or the Z1's.

personally I'm not a fan of the Azenis 615's, but if I bought a set of wheels that came with them, I'd diligently wear them out first, then replace it with something else.

The reverse staggering effect of wheels on FWD (if not also AWD) cars does have some functional effect iirc. Read this somewhere a while ago, although I wasn't able to find anything through an internet search.

Koopa Troopa
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
B series trans are only like 6lbs lighter than H series. H series motors are somethin glike 60lbs heavier.

is it really that much?

a cf hood will shave another 10-20lbs

It also has to do with the low end torque. The car won't turn when on the throttle.

lflkajfj12123
03-06-2009, 11:40 PM
when you say in a FF car with LSD, lift off the throttle will cause a spin

is that same idea in FR car when you lift off disrupts drive train and causes oversteer

alindeman1989
03-07-2009, 12:01 AM
dammit i want a honda now. thanks guys lol

ayuaddict
03-07-2009, 01:58 AM

is that same idea in FR car when you lift off disrupts drive train and causes oversteer

im my (limited) experience, ill let off the throttle coming into a corner and that feels like its shifting the weight forward/out and the rear comes out a bit, i believe people call it "rotating".

ive even had to lift off the throttle mid corner in certain occasions (mountains) and the rear unloads and feels a bit loose, but its not uncomfortable by any means.

rholmes
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
eg's are the best looking civics hands down. I don't care what you say :P

first post high five.

samms95s14se
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
My daily is a 97 Civic dx bone stock. I use to have a 88 prelude slightly moded that I crashed. First off front wheel cars just suck! Second the sheet metal on this car is like a soda can! they ding super easy, and everything just feels cheaply made as far as quality of materials. I know the engines are good and all that but that's it.

Koopa Troopa
03-08-2009, 11:03 AM
The reverse staggering effect of wheels on FWD (if not also AWD) cars does have some functional effect iirc. Read this somewhere a while ago, although I wasn't able to find anything through an internet search.

Has to do with rotation.

b16bs are a waste of money IMO. only difference is the trans is LSD and has higher comp pistons.
so many other options for around the same price range.
Uh, the head is different for one. hand ported head, better valves, better combustion chambers, double valve springs on both sides, bigger cams, better intake mani, bigger throttle body, better pistons, better crank, etc..

B16B is an amazing engine. I'd love to have one.

Yes

J90lude
03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I kinda miss my Honda now!! :(

kunihongo
03-09-2009, 04:25 AM
here is my old honda i had back when i was in highschool.
it was great. got really good gas mileage, had 0 problems, AC and Powersteering, stock d16y7, overall it was the perfect daily.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/kunihongo/1999%20Honda%20Civic%20DX/noflashside.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/kunihongo/1999%20Honda%20Civic%20DX/bigsideview.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/kunihongo/1999%20Honda%20Civic%20DX/sunlightside.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/kunihongo/1999%20Honda%20Civic%20DX/blurrylights.jpg

Element_on_20s
03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I don't have a Civic, but I still wanted to participate.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9633/img6656b.jpg

That's about as much as I can add to this discussion.

flip3d
03-09-2009, 09:31 PM
ugh. maybe i shoud've gotten an EK instead of this POS S13 :P

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
this thread made me waste 6 hours yesterday researching the feasibility of me building a b18c ek in the summer. haha. it'd get stolen in 5 minutes here in philly, though. :/

jdm538
03-09-2009, 11:07 PM
i sold my eg in 02 for an s13 hatch.. i do not regret it one bit.

whenever i go on long trips i drive my gf's ek its the best dd. but does anyone have a power window problem? the driver side window keeps going off the tracks..

VROOOM
03-10-2009, 09:49 AM
this thread made me waste 6 hours yesterday researching the feasibility of me building a b18c ek in the summer. haha. it'd get stolen in 5 minutes here in philly, though. :/

so true. i had mine for 2 years no alarm or theft deterrent. never got fucked with. sold it to a friends and it was stolen in 2 weeks.

ayuaddict
03-11-2009, 03:20 AM
yeaaa my car is a theft recovery.

alindeman1989
03-11-2009, 03:41 AM
^^^ lol what honda is not.

Koopa Troopa
03-11-2009, 03:41 AM
i sold my eg in 02 for an s13 hatch.. i do not regret it one bit.

whenever i go on long trips i drive my gf's ek its the best dd. but does anyone have a power window problem? the driver side window keeps going off the tracks..

Yeah, not only are the windows slow as shit, the drivers' won't making it up all the way without my assistance..

Finally got my car running right again. It's scary as shit.. Too fast for me. I'm going to spend a couple hundred next week on new front tires, adjustable arms and a good alignment.

Some new pics

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3340630054_d8e52cf3f9.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3340629466_59be02d71f.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3339801109_a7ee0e1899.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/3339800451_8ddfdb1109.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/3340627324_3a0cd6210b.jpg

soreballz
03-11-2009, 04:22 AM
^Did you mount your duckbill wrong? What the hell is going on there? lol

Koopa Troopa
03-11-2009, 04:31 AM
It's a Backyard Special wing.. They look retarded but dear god they work. However I don't see how it couldn't work as it holds the aerodynamic properties of an air brake.

soreballz
03-11-2009, 04:35 AM
hahaha... Speaking of Backyard, I really dig the front bumper they make for the EK. Looks nice.

VROOOM
03-11-2009, 09:23 AM
the wing reminds me of the flaps on an airplane wing that go up and down. pull the emergency brake and it pops up.

lucky7
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
mine never got stolen. although there is a group of thieves in mexicantown in detroit that have stolen prob 150 of them in the past 2 years... makes me glad i dont have to worry about it. nobody is gonna fuck with my E30. :keke: its too damn old and ugly. parts are useless around here. im just hoping i dont have to be careful with my red car. if they start stealing those, im not gonna be happy. i'll have to bump up the insurance ALOT.

oh, my passenger window in my 97 ex was fucking up for a long time. it kept coming off the track. one day, i pulled it apart and used vasoline on the tracks. i NEVER had a problem after that. i was concerned it would freeze in the winter, but nope. i was shocked. haha.

1989rps13
03-12-2009, 02:00 AM
i love the civic eg's and the 99-00 civic si's. Was going to pick up a 99-00 civic si for a daily but after test driving it id rather drive any other car.

soreballz
03-12-2009, 02:17 AM
^How was your vacation? :wavey:

gotspins13
03-12-2009, 03:06 AM
my first car was a 95 eg coupe=] thing was sexy and clean, i loved how i put 20 bucks in and filled the tank then mobbed abound for almost 3 weeks without having to fill it. it was great=] im trying to get another one!

Koopa Troopa
03-12-2009, 04:34 AM
All the reason to own a Honda is these songs
YouTube - Vtec Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4o-FTQLGuc)
YouTube - THATS MY HONDA SONG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwhCBiuyKk)
YouTube - HONDA NATION-TYPE R HONDA SONG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-l27jTMSk)

Man, it's kinda embarassing to be associated with Honda guys...

Koopa Troopa
03-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Took off my Spoon N1 dampers.. Anyone with an EG/DC2 want some Spoon N1 suspension?

gotspins13
03-13-2009, 04:12 AM
soooooooooo we alll had a honda huhhh=] heres mine lol back in the civic days..http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/csanchez16/civic.jpg
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/csanchez16/civic4.jpg
dont bug me about the tail lights cus i bought it like that lol that was the first day i had it=]http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/csanchez16/civic2.jpg

superbike81
03-13-2009, 04:28 AM
I haven't owned a Honda since 1999, it was an EG hatch, with a B18B swap, body kit, decent wheels, etc, not a bad little car. I was into nothing but drag racing and highway pulls then, so I did a home made turbo setup using DSM parts. It was reasonably quick, but then the AWD bug bit me.

So a few days ago, I took my wife down to the local Honda dealer and had her do the translation stuff for me. Walked out with an order placed for a 2010 Civic Type R sedan. I can't wait, and that's the worst part, all the 2009's are spoken for, and part of the 2010's as well, my delivery date is March/April of 2010! Ugh, I don't wanna wait, but it should be worth it!

I kinda wanna pick up an EG hatch again while I wait, but my wife would kill me, so I'll hold off.

Koopa Troopa
03-13-2009, 04:31 AM
I kinda wanna pick up an EG hatch again while I wait, but my wife would kill me, so I'll hold off.

On Okinawa? Good luck with that. :rofl:

superbike81
03-13-2009, 04:34 AM
I see them driving everyday, not as many as Skylines of course though. Sadly most of the EG's I see are auto and driven by people who don't care. So then it would get into a whole thing again like I did with my Silvia (swapping the engine and converting to 5-spd) it's a pain in the ass I don't want to deal with again.

Koopa Troopa
03-13-2009, 04:47 AM
I was talking about an EG6. It's too big of a pain in the ass to deal with anything that isn't an EG6 or GSR and up Integra. If the car wasn't VTEC then you need a VTEC harness, transmission, 5 speed parts, LSD, suspension, guage cluster, engine, ECU, 02 sensor. Not enough Hondas in Okinawa to find those parts in a year.

Koopa Troopa
03-14-2009, 03:16 AM
I haven't owned a Honda since 1999, it was an EG hatch, with a B18B swap, body kit, decent wheels, etc, not a bad little car. I was into nothing but drag racing and highway pulls then, so I did a home made turbo setup using DSM parts. It was reasonably quick, but then the AWD bug bit me.

So a few days ago, I took my wife down to the local Honda dealer and had her do the translation stuff for me. Walked out with an order placed for a 2010 Civic Type R sedan. I can't wait, and that's the worst part, all the 2009's are spoken for, and part of the 2010's as well, my delivery date is March/April of 2010! Ugh, I don't wanna wait, but it should be worth it!

HAHA! I finally found out who this idiot is. You don't deserve a FD2. Do all decent cars a favor and find another Silvia to hardpark for a month and get bored of. Also, I'd like to remind you that you are SOFA status. It is retarded to buy a brand new car in a foreign country because you WILL GET ORDERS BACK TO THE US. I'm sure you already know that and nothing I say is going to change your mind. But hey, have fun hardparking that FD2 cause that's all you've ever done with any other car you've owned, JasonG.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
HAHA! I finally found out who this idiot is. You don't deserve a FD2. Do all decent cars a favor and find another Silvia to hardpark for a month and get bored of. Also, I'd like to remind you that you are SOFA status. It is retarded to buy a brand new car in a foreign country because you WILL GET ORDERS BACK TO THE US. I'm sure you already know that and nothing I say is going to change your mind. But hey, have fun hardparking that FD2 cause that's all you've ever done with any other car you've owned, JasonG.

lol. sick burn.

fd2 are pretty hot, though. i wish the us civics would have come with those front/rear fascias.

Koopa Troopa
03-14-2009, 09:20 PM
The burn would have been sicker but with what I want to say I'd prolly get banned, again. Dude bought a 180, got bored of it like 6 months later, dude bought an EVO 4 and it was suppose to be like some 11 second car on a stock turbo, got rid of that fast, bought a brand new Daihatsu Move and modified it like a 22 year old JDM chick mods her car, dude bought an S15 and against everyone's advice redtop swapped it, made it completely shitty.. Sold that and last I heard he was trying to buy an Hakosuka and Rb26 swap it cause apparently those are so easy to find...

Guess now he wants a Honda so he can drive Gymkhana however he never will cause if he was into anything other than trying to impress people with JDM tyte shit he'd have already participated in a gymkhana or RCCA event. since he's been here 2 some years now. This dude is up there on the douche chart with John Edwards and Craig Lieberman. All that and I haven't even dipped into his personal life.

I raced an FD2 on the expressway. Dude smoked the fuck out of me, like I wasn't even trying..... They have the stupidest suspension design and somehow it works, not just works but fucking handles amazingly.

tr4c3
03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
I had an ej2 after I sold my rx7's and my old s13 hatch. I'm actually looking to pick up an ej1 to daily. Such comfy cars. I used to hate them until I owned one, and they aren't that bad.

superbike81
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey douchebag, I didn't fucking redtop swap my S15, it's got an S15 blacktop I bought from Scott that was pulled from a wrecked S15 Spec R, if you are gonna talk shit, get your facts straight. I took that car from a auto NA SR20DE to a 5-spd turbo, how did I fuck it up?

Also, no I won't get orders back to the US, my job has an entire TWO (yes, 2) positions in the US, one for an E-6, one for an E-7, both instructor jobs, I've got a stutter, so I'm not qualified to be an instructor. My job is ENTIRELY overseas fuckstick. Just because you are a Marine and have a total of like 5 bases overseas available to you doesn't mean I do too.

I never wanted a Hakosuka with an RB26 swap, the plan was to buy a Hako and do an NA RB25 swap. I decided against that because I'm starting a family and won't have time to deal with old car issues. I know you can't find a girl to hang out with you, much less fuck you, so you wouldn't know anything about starting a family.

Quit making shit up you fucking douchebag, do people hate you here as much as they do on other forums? You got your ass laughed off of ZY. I took a lot of shit on that site and stuck around, you bitched out like the little pussy you are and left the site.

You have crashed or parted out every car you've had, and you are talking shit to me?

Go back to the barracks and enjoy your shitty ass living quarters, I'll go home to my hot ass wife every night to my own house off base with a nice garage.

Last I checked, I'll spend my money however the fuck I want to. If I want to buy a FD2 and drive it into the ocean I'm gonna do it, you have zero say in what I do with my cars. You talk a lot of shit, but with how many cars you've fucked up, you are not in any position to be talking shit.

Tell your twin brother Quasimodo I said hi.

Douche.

ESmorz
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Two things.

Is your wife Japanese?

Since when is crashing cars a bad thing?

superbike81
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Yes, my wife is Japanese, born and raised in Japan.

lflkajfj12123
03-14-2009, 11:38 PM
woa

BIG MAN

superbike81
03-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Look, I didn't come here to argue with anyone. Koopa does this shit on every forum he's on I'm guessing. He makes inappropriate comments in FS threads and goes off topic in technical discussions every chance he gets. This is why he was booted from our local forum, and I've seen him do the same stuff on here. I guess the mods are a little more tolerable of his BS here.

No, I wasn't trying to sound like a "big man", I was just correcting his statements, so people reading don't automatically assume they are true.

Back to discussion of the Honda Civic.

Great car, can't wait to get my FD. :yum:

Sil-Abc
03-15-2009, 02:51 AM
i like to eat food and poop

alindeman1989
03-15-2009, 02:53 AM
:drama: and the fun begins. lol

ayuaddict
03-15-2009, 03:35 AM
gosh darn it.

there goes my thread.

it seems like every thread in every honda forum is about wire tucking and shaving bays, rare wheels, sad attempts at being low and flush, and basically building show cars. which is basically what my 240 was, except for the whole clean and rare part haha. but now that i actually want good performance information i cant find shit.

for example H&R does not list their fucking spring rates for their coilovers any where (they are progressive - still, give me a number to work with) and nobody on any forum knows. so i just threw some 10ks on the front hoping they dont blow the dampers. so far is feels great, but with a chassis that has been around for so long and modified so much i expected some info somewhere...

yea fuck whatever.

superbike81
03-15-2009, 03:48 AM
I don't know if mods will do a "clean-up" of a thread on this site, but if they do, you should request that Koopa's last couple posts, as well as mine, be deleted, I don't mind at all.

ayuaddict
03-15-2009, 04:06 AM
oh.

i dont really care.

Koopa Troopa
03-15-2009, 10:43 AM
gosh darn it.

there goes my thread.

it seems like every thread in every honda forum is about wire tucking and shaving bays, rare wheels, sad attempts at being low and flush, and basically building show cars. which is basically what my 240 was, except for the whole clean and rare part haha. but now that i actually want good performance information i cant find shit.

for example H&R does not list their fucking spring rates for their coilovers any where (they are progressive - still, give me a number to work with) and nobody on any forum knows. so i just threw some 10ks on the front hoping they dont blow the dampers. so far is feels great, but with a chassis that has been around for so long and modified so much i expected some info somewhere...

yea fuck whatever.
That's why I only use Honda Tech for the classifieds. If you want good performance shit for your Honda State side you'll have to do it yourself.

super_bad
03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
:confused:

ayuaddict
03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
yeaah.

i realized that im just going to have to go with what i know.

which is going to yield a terrible result.

haha.

oh well.

ronmcdon
03-15-2009, 12:49 PM
yeaah.

i realized that im just going to have to go with what i know.

which is going to yield a terrible result.

haha.

oh well.

I think you'll do ok.
just make sure you get a conservative alignment, & the brake pads have good life.

H&R is notorious when it comes to disclosing spring rates iirc.
Worst case scenario, you'll be running very high front rates & lower (200 lb ish?) rates.
You'll prob just understeer a bit more, but so what?

You can always throw back the stock stuff.
If you have the $$$, sell the H&R stuff and get a tried & tested Koni/GC setup.
Then you can choose precisely what spring rates you want.

In any case, just go out and drive.
the civic (bar the CRX maybe) is a very forgiving car to drive at the limit.
it's really hard to do something so outrageous that you wreck it on a track.

ayuaddict
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
yea they feel super soft out back.

i think ill fuck around with some 6k and 8k to see how that works since i have them lying around anyways.

lflkajfj12123
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
update your blog

and make your new s13 cool

ayuaddict
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
what S13?

haha.

just kidding.

eds13
03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
i know its kinda late, but here's a pic of my old ek. i loved the thing lol. i sold it last may i think....
http://xfd.xanga.com/967c953741534187183757/m143740995.jpg
http://xe1.xanga.com/5f1c610363632187183675/m143740922.jpg

Koopa Troopa
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Say no to that exhaust.

soreballz
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Cool color (Midori green, right?).
Gay exhaust.

ayuaddict
03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
midori literally means green in jappo-language.

or am i missing something here?

soreballz
03-15-2009, 11:56 PM
^lol, that's the name the people at Honda gave the color. "Green green" is pretty redundant. lol

ayuaddict
03-16-2009, 12:23 AM
oh lol, thats clever and stupid at the same time.

Koopa Troopa
03-16-2009, 03:42 AM
The full name is Midori Pearl Green or something of that extent but yes, midori means green.

bigcisco62
03-16-2009, 03:56 AM
i had a 92 civic hatch... eg.... lsvtec swap...... gsr tranny, 75 shot of nitrous....... best car ive had.... i loved that damn car........
then it got stolen!!!!!! wack!!!!!

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/bigcisco62/l_ea615e22a402bd75e99701c6bca27cfa.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/bigcisco62/IMG_0275.jpg

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/bigcisco62/DSCI0004.jpg

RIP CIVIC!!!!

gotspins13
03-16-2009, 03:56 AM
great news!!!!!!
haha i picked up a civic again!
since my coupe was wrecked and i got another shell to get started on and building, so i felt in need of a DD in the mean time while my 240 was in the process of being built and getting parts, so i got a 96 civic for 1000! super clean in n out the guy said it needed a starter but it wasnt even that haha im so happy. i get to drive a civic during the week and go slide my 40 on the weekends when its done=]

stiizy
03-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Just ordered a second gen B16 swap for 1400 it was a deal i couldn't pass up lol..

getting another 2000 coupe in a few weeks..

Found a white EX coupe mint for 3000...

also gonna order 5 lug with wheels and spoon calipers!!

ayuaddict
03-16-2009, 01:24 PM
oh man you guys are so much cooler than i am.

Koopa Troopa
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Just ordered a second gen B16 swap for 1400 it was a deal i couldn't pass up lol..

getting another 2000 coupe in a few weeks..

Found a white EX coupe mint for 3000...

also gonna order 5 lug with wheels and spoon calipers!!
Hard parker! Gonna go to a JDM meet and greet too? Show off all your sweet JDM center consoles and stuff? :rofl:

drftwerks
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
yuta you motherfucker
if you keep putting money into this shit
i will drive my piece of shit 7 to matts house and into both of your fucking cars.

lflkajfj12123
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Hard parker! Gonna go to a JDM meet and greet too? Show off all your sweet JDM center consoles and stuff? :rofl:

no touge in ny must find otherway to be jdm

Tearlessj
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Need to get some new pics of my Integra. Its pretty much stock, what I have planned is,

JDM front end
Wire Tuck
Bike rack
Slammed
Mugen wheels
Rt-615's

Then I plan to attend all the Honda-tech meets and take a million photos of my car and post them on the internet.

lol j/k

All I really want to do is a lip. Its just my DD, need to dump more cash into the 240.

rholmes
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
no touge in ny must find otherway to be jdm
I used to live in NY. There's plenty of touge in upstate NY ;)

monkz2332
03-16-2009, 10:49 PM
My Bro's Civic/Integra:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/laclippers003/100_0083-3.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/laclippers003/100_0086-2.jpg

Sr'd240sx
03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I daily drive a 1998 civic 4door myself, Ive got a project s14 on the side im dumping all my money into. Not really much done to it, Tein basics,rims, hids, and a lip. Stock motor and slushbox lol. Heres a somewhat recent picture.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4476/024ptu.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=024ptu.jpg)

Koopa Troopa
03-17-2009, 04:04 AM
Clean 4 door.

Today I installed a DC2 GSR crossmember, GSR sway bar, depowered GSR steering rack, removed power steering. The GSR rack feels cool, GSR crossmember has a bigger OEM brace and the sway bar is noticeably larger.. Curious to see how the car handles now... It'll prolly push and give me a good excuse to upgrade to a ITR rear sway

I need to take the steering yoke back off as the wheel to steering angle alignment is off... >.< I also need to replace the CV joints cause they're clicking and popping like a motherfucker.

stiizy
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM

dude I just want a clean DD it's either this or a 01 CLK?!?!

I never would have time to track it plus they're only like 4 events a year over here..

90hatchie
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
my area of ny is damn hilly
and im like 5 min away from a mountain thats really big for meets
stizzy would know he lived in the town i live in
BEAR MOUNTAIN WEEEEEE

stiizy
03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
^ Oh hell yeah i used to rip Bear Mountain road in my STi going towards the Bridge

Koopa Troopa
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
dude I just want a clean DD it's either this or a 01 CLK?!?!

I never would have time to track it plus they're only like 4 events a year over here..

I'm just giving you shit.:D

Man, I've finally come to decide that the violent shaking coming from my car when the diff is locked is a snapped axle... Pulls one way under acceleration, my wheel bearings are tight, tie rods are good... CV joints pop and click like mother fuckers.. It's what I get for driving on bad CV joints for 5 months.. :rant2:I got some junkyard axles I can install tomorrow and pray it fixes shit...

ayuaddict
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
yuta you motherfucker
if you keep putting money into this shit
i will drive my piece of shit 7 to matts house and into both of your fucking cars.

hahahahaha, yea i knowwww...its just a fling, i need a break from my S13. but its okay, every day i hella miss daily driving the pink one...hot as fuck in the summer, smelly/carbon monoxide, loud as fuck, cops lovin me...fuck i miss all that.

My Bro's Civic/Integra:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/laclippers003/100_0083-3.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/laclippers003/100_0086-2.jpg

man that thing looks wierd! haha

I daily drive a 1998 civic 4door myself, Ive got a project s14 on the side im dumping all my money into. Not really much done to it, Tein basics,rims, hids, and a lip. Stock motor and slushbox lol. Heres a somewhat recent picture.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4476/024ptu.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=024ptu.jpg)

you polished the lip on your gold RPF1s??

whyyyyyy??

looks kinda funky...

stiizy
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
^^Don't think those are Rpf1's either..

I'm just giving you shit.:D

Man, I've finally come to decide that the violent shaking coming from my car when the diff is locked is a snapped axle... Pulls one way under acceleration, my wheel bearings are tight, tie rods are good... CV joints pop and click like mother fuckers.. It's what I get for driving on bad CV joints for 5 months.. :rant2:I got some junkyard axles I can install tomorrow and pray it fixes shit...

hope new axles fix that for you bro..

Mi Beardo es Loco
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
in 96-2002 I had a 93 Del Sol. Dropped, I'm assuming, one of the first b20/vtec's in the Del Sol and used mostly stock parts. Motor ran STRONG for about 80k miles until the piston rings fried. Removed it and threw the d15 back in and was using it for mostly work. In just two years of driving back and forth to LA and back I put on 180,000 miles on the d15. I drove the car for a living so I probably would drive almost 500 miles a day. It's pretty funny because I got into like 6 accidents and replaced all the stock bumpers and stuff with ricer bumpers and just left them white.
Before I sold it the car was ricier than shit and STILL managed to part with it for $3500. The frame almost had 300,000 miles on it too. Love that car man, loved it. I'll try to find some pictures if I still have any.

Sr'd240sx
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah they arent RFP1s, they are drag knock offs. They came gold with polished lip. Its a daily so im not gonna put expensive stuff on it, thats what my 240sx is for.

IiS14iI
03-17-2009, 04:43 PM

She looks alot like my ex... same voice too. It irks me, and annoys me at the same time. If you do not have swoopy hair do not apply, smashin that 14 year old.

You know

kitchen paparista

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/zestyboy1/honda_civic_crx.jpg
haha nice car

S13SilviaGirl
03-17-2009, 05:14 PM
This makes me miss my 2000 civic... :(

Enna
03-17-2009, 08:06 PM
That green crx makes me glad I DONT own a civic.