PDA

View Full Version : fuck hit and runs.

Leetheslacker
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
backstory: a week ago i raised my car a collar all around so it wouldnt scrape as bad on the shit ass minefield roads i live on. never been pulled over in this car and wanted to keep it that way.

so im cruising to school to turn in a form getting stalked by a cop.

get pulled over.

get a ticket for liscense plate in the dash. alright, ill give you that one. should be on the bumper so whatever.

then tells me he heard my car contact the ground twice and gives me another $120 ticket for that. what the fuck.

get home and and go to measure my shit to see if its legal, which it is, i find this.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Leetheslacker/Photo0055.jpg

i know its not terrible. soe dumb bitch probably hit it parking. but it knocked my bumper loose, which in turn caused the scraping, which got me pulled over and a $240 ticket.

im not happy.

Otto347
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Educate me but how can he give you a ticket for a noise he heard? Also what the hell is the citation? Beating up the road?

Sucks about the h&r....

Leetheslacker
02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Educate me but how can he give you a ticket for a noise he heard? Also what the hell is the citation? Beating up the road?

Sucks about the h&r....

(D) No person shall modify any motor vehicle registered in this state in such a manner as to cause the vehicle body or chassis to come in contact with the ground, expose the fuel tank to damage from collision, or cause the wheels to come in contact with the body under normal operation, and no person shall disconnect any part of the original suspension system of the vehicle to defeat the safe operation of that system.

so basically. because my front lip may have touched down once or twice beause the car was hit and the bumper knocked loose, my car is illegally modified because it came in contact with the ground.

i didnt even hear my car scrape. i dont know how he heard it over my loud ass exhaust from inside his cruiser either.

SexPanda
02-20-2009, 02:20 PM
that sucks man...

SOmeone backed into both of my vehicles within the same week.

1 left a card
the other didnt...

thank god the other one hit the wagon lol

illvialuver
02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
wow, hahahah, damn, its not funny, but its comical. Like its not your fault but I could see that kind of stuff being on a sitcom
and its kinda ironic that you got a $240 ticket.

You might be able to argue that in court, that you did not know you had been hit which cause the scrapping not your car being too low.
good luck.

Otto347
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
(D) No person shall modify any motor vehicle registered in this state in such a manner as to cause the vehicle body or chassis to come in contact with the ground
Thats hilarious, there are some roads here in tampa that will cause a stock suspension vehicle to come in contact with the road unless you "rock crawl" across them. Double standards.

You might be able to argue that in court, that you did not know you had been hit which cause the scrapping not your car being too low.
good luck.Good point

aoiken3
02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
take this to court man. this is bull. just show before and after pics of the car when it was clean, and then hit n runned. im sure you have plenty. plus, i doubt the cop really heard you scrape. he most likely saw it being too close to the ground and said it was scraping

Leetheslacker
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
take this to court man. this is bull. just show before and after pics of the car when it was clean, and then hit n runned. im sure you have plenty. plus, i doubt the cop really heard you scrape. he most likely saw it being too close to the ground and said it was scraping

thats what im thinking. i have a picture from tuesday i think showing it undamaged.

ill give him the plate thing. ive run plates in the windshield for years. on all 3 of my rx7s and the s14 and now this car. never been hassled for it before. got pulled once but cop laughed at my rx-7 idling at 3000 and let me go.

Mister.E
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
damn man that's pretty messed up. there is no way that the person that hit it didnt notice. what a bitch

BlckBeautyVTEC
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
i got pulled over by CHP on the way to Willow springs cause he heard my car rubbing tires and fenders cause i had tools in the back and spare wheels, but he was cool and let me go when i told him i was on my way to the track

HyperTek
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
makes me sick.. you should be in jail with all the other convicts and murderers.. dam you no good for nothing scum! driving a lowered import.. that mini van soccer mom has every right to smash your car.

haha im kiddin.. that sucks.. Put ur plate on the lower left corner, it looks cool when done right and safe =D

DCP94
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
somebody hit my motorcycle and knocked it over one day and then just drove off...luckily some lady that was about to pull into his spot wrote his license plate number down for me...but i feel like you will get off of the "coming in contact with the ground" ticket since it was the effect of an accident that you had no knowledge of..but hey i'm no judge lol...good luck in court bro