PDA

View Full Version : HTC Touch Pro 2

SimpleS14
02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2009/02/htc-touch-pro-2-ofc.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/02/htc_touch_pro2_handson06.jpg

I'm usually not excited for phones since they update quite frequently and it's hard to narrow down to exactly what you want, but I must say I really like the new HTC Touch Pro 2.

It's not out just yet, but it should be released to the US Q3 2009.

The phone looks awesome and is a nice evolution from the original Touch Pro.

If anyone works with VZW and has some insider info, let me know if this phone is coming ASAP. :eek3: It's the only phone so far that is making me reconsidering even being on VZW (since my contract expires this summer).

More pics and info:

First hands-on with the HTC Touch Pro2 (with video!) - Engadget Mobile (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/02/16/first-hands-on-with-the-htc-touch-pro2-with-video/)

HTC Touch Pro2 is awesome in ways the Touch Pro never could be - Engadget Mobile (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/02/16/htc-touch-pro2-is-awesome-in-ways-the-touch-pro-never-could-be/)

HTC Magic aka "G2" is not bad too: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/02/17/htc-magic-is-official-bringing-android-to-vodafone-sans-keyboar/

HyperTek
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
the people here dont like win mobile though, they like simple dumb-down interfaces lol

looks fresh though

BustedS13
02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
windows mobile is fucking junk, that's why nobody likes it

use an iphone (sigh) or a g1 (wooooo!) and you'll understand

god windows mobile is fucking garbage

lflkajfj12123
02-19-2009, 10:29 PM
looks cheap and ugly

not what id usually expect from htc

!Zar!
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
windows mobile is fucking junk, that's why nobody likes it

use an iphone (sigh) or a g1 (wooooo!) and you'll understand

god windows mobile is fucking garbage

The iphone is no saint either.

It lags pretty bad and locks up until it has to reset more often than it should.

I use both and I think the iphone aggravates me more often than the htc does.

BustedS13
02-19-2009, 10:58 PM
The iphone is no saint either.

It lags pretty bad and locks up until it has to reset more often than it should.

I use both and I think the iphone aggravates me more often than the htc does.

oh, i'm not an iphone fan, but i do prefer it to any windows mobile device. but Android blows it out of the water for now.

S13_Nightkid
02-19-2009, 11:43 PM
The htc Magic gets Android but the touch pro 2 doesnt? bawls.

silviaguy240
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
yea, im about to go to an iphone from a tilt and i feel like im making a good choice. although that touch pro 2 looks dope.

Daniel.
02-20-2009, 11:32 AM
winmo = junk

iphone is decent

android is the way of the future.

and bb

Sleepy240
02-20-2009, 11:37 AM
does anybody else find it amazing that HTC produces some really SICK phones and then some that are just total garbage? My friend got one that felt like it was made from cheap plastic etc.

To add, WinMo ISNT that bad! But android is seriously the rave right now... G1 User holla

Dutchmalmiss
02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm a G1 user as well, and the only improvement I want is a fucking flash.

BustedS13
02-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm a G1 user as well, and the only improvement I want is a fucking flash.

flash, video recording, virtual keyboard, stereo bluetooth, all coming in the next couple months

FaLKoN240
02-20-2009, 11:52 AM
WTF is this android business?

SimpleS14
02-20-2009, 12:03 PM
WTF is this android business?

Google's Mobile OS

Here's the HTC Magic aka "G2" with the basic layout:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/02/android-magic-top-new.jpg

bigOdom1
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
had the G1 since october, its awesome i cant wait for the next update to be sent out. should be soon since the magic is running a system with virtual keyboard.

silviaguy240
02-20-2009, 12:12 PM
one thing i dont like about HTC though is their cameras suck. my 1.5mp samsung took way better pictures than my tilt does. thats one thing that i really cant stand. it has to be absolutly perfect lighting to get a good picture, either its way washed or blown out or too dark.

Grendel
02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I need a cell phone, was looking at the iphone just because it has a lot of cool apps. I'm not a big fan of AT&T tho...

Does the G2 work with verizon?

LB.Motoring
02-20-2009, 12:35 PM
wtf usually htc has decent phones, I dont like that layout at all. Looks Korean Knockoff Cheap.

If any HTC Diamond FTMFW.

Dutchmalmiss
02-20-2009, 12:38 PM
flash, video recording, virtual keyboard, stereo bluetooth, all coming in the next couple months

Ah I really enjoy the physical qwerty keyboard on the G1. When I saw the G2 wasn't going to have it, I was saddened.

marveluz
02-20-2009, 12:46 PM
i have flash on my HTC fuze... works awesome for watching hulu. I'm not too impressed by the touch pro 2 tho.

What HTC needs yo do is release the touch HD w/ US 3G

yusk8ing
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Ah I really enjoy the physical qwerty keyboard on the G1. When I saw the G2 wasn't going to have it, I was saddened.

yah the physical keyboard is what sold me on the g1. god. any of the og g1 owners that did the preorder get super anxious waiting for this phone? i really wonder how the "g2" with cupcake gonna be like.

HyperTek
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
my tmobile wing aka htc herald has a decent camera

win mobile is good , its like a pc u gotta navigate thru the menus to find what you want. Some people lack patience for that. You can do all kinds of stuff with win mo, movies, games, mp3s, office etc

I like how this thread becomes a G1 thread.. much like how PS3 threads on zilvia suddenly become xbox360 threads because foos always gotta brag and rave about what they own and typically go against what they dont lol

Sleepy240
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Personally w/o a QWERTY keyboard no phone is really complete nowadays. Virtual Keyboards are nice but only go so far for me (they are usually kinda clumsy and not the easiest to use), but they do have their uses! I usually love HTC phones but this one just doesn't work for me (or the G2 for that matter).

And as somebody else the DIAMOND is hot shittt

S13_Nightkid
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
^^yeah man. I want to know WHY verizon customers such as myself get great service but get shafted on phone functionality. Blackberry Storm was OK...baby steps..right verizon?

Grendel
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I've been watching a lot of reviews of the G1 on youtube, this thing looks pretty awesome.

My family has verizon so free calls to them would be cool, but I didnt see any phones on the verizon website that interested me.

Are there many games/neat apps for the G1?

SimpleS14
02-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Dang, some serious hater(s) of WinMo. It's okay, everyone has their person preferences.

I need a cell phone, was looking at the iphone just because it has a lot of cool apps. I'm not a big fan of AT&T tho...

Does the G2 work with verizon?

No.

I like how this thread becomes a G1 thread.. much like how PS3 threads on zilvia suddenly become xbox360 threads because foos always gotta brag and rave about what they own and typically go against what they dont lol

lol I know it's quite funny

ryceboy_124
02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I like WinMo better than my iPhone actually. I had the old 8125 and that thing helped me apply for a job when I was on vacation in Boston with no access to a computer. Remote Desktop to my Win2K3 server at home and sent them all the paperwork they needed to finalize the job by the due date. There is also an RDP application on the iPhone but I have yet to download and play with it. The iPhone 3G is okay but its def not the holy grail of mobile phones. I noticed that it does freeze up on me more and more each day I use it. I've had it since last October I think. Oh well...its my work phone anyways.

BustedS13
02-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I've been watching a lot of reviews of the G1 on youtube, this thing looks pretty awesome.

My family has verizon so free calls to them would be cool, but I didnt see any phones on the verizon website that interested me.

Are there many games/neat apps for the G1?

it is pretty awesome. there's a bunch of apps. they just rolled out pay apps today, but up until now they've been free. the apps up until now have been a BIT sparse, but i feel now that there's a flood of cool pay apps, we'll start seeing the freebie knockoffs very, very soon.

whoever was talking about phones needing a physical qwerty keyboard... you're definitely right. a virtual keyboard is cute, and might be nice when i don't want to flip my phone open to make just a couple strokes. but when i actually need to bang out an email, having tactile response is 100% necessary. i've had my g1 for three months and i can now type without looking at the keyboard. i guarantee nobody has the same confidence on a touchscreen keyboard.

KiDyNomiTe
02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Touch Pro 2 looks great!! Minus the windows mobile. The conference thing looks cool, but I would never use it.

And again, WinMo sucks, I have had it before on a couple phones and I always thought it was the phones that sucked, but it wasn't. I am no iPhone fan, but the OS is fine. Android is really great as well, and it is only getting better. Paid apps are there now so I expect lots of great apps on top of the great ones already there. Also cupcake should be great too!!!

lflkajfj12123
02-21-2009, 12:24 PM
the g1's have a bunch of battery problems

my girlfriends mom is so fed up with hers she had me get an iphone off ebay for her

google's os looks promising though

i have had the iphone apps crash on me but it seems to be a developer problems not so much the iphones os

Kaizen.
02-22-2009, 01:22 AM

Virtual Keyboard? theres the chomp app you can download, texting on the screen like the iphone. Lovin my g1! cant go wrong

Akiros
02-22-2009, 01:39 PM
looks tits. windows mobile SUCKS out of the box. load a custom rom = amazing and lagless. I <3 my tilt. I get to idle on my favorite IRC channels, and do anything else that people have created. Winmo = customizable.

They finally made pandora for winmo, that's win, and also, the new skyfire browser is fucking amazing. not quote safari good, but the best browser yet.

Sleepy240
02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
looks tits. windows mobile SUCKS out of the box. load a custom rom = amazing and lagless. I <3 my tilt. I get to idle on my favorite IRC channels, and do anything else that people have created. Winmo = customizable.

They finally made pandora for winmo, that's win, and also, the new skyfire browser is fucking amazing. not quote safari good, but the best browser yet.

so true! Everybody hates on WinMo. Before I had my G1 I actually used a Wing. I loved it to death until I broke it (my own fault). But the customization is what makes WinMo so badass. Android IMO is definitely pushing the mobile OS to the next level.

Grendel
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sold on the G1, just gotta find out how the service for T mobile is out at place I'm moving into. All my friends are verizon/AT&T though. Anyone know any sites to find out about the quality of service in your area?

Also, I talked to the guy at the T mobile store on the phone and he says they don't officially have 3G out here... whatever that means.