PDA

View Full Version : Non 240 question - 4g63 removal

unfuxwitable
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
i am parting out my 95 eclipse gst. the money i get from this is going to my s13 coupe. i dont have an engine hoist and i would like to not have to rent one. is it possible to remove a FWD motor without a hoist. the whole car is in jackstands right now. can i take off the radiator core support and wheel out the motor? if i did that could i still tow it out without welding shit? im stumped and i NEED to get this motor out!

HyperTek
02-18-2009, 08:29 PM
u need a hoist.. or if you have a group of friends.. a chain, and maybe a barbell .. lol.. my friends put a engine in like that lol

do it right so you dont injure yourself.

If you can lift the front up, you could remove the cross member and drop the engine underneath, but you wont be able to tow the car without the wheels

soreballz
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Drop the motor and trans out from the bottom, and lift the car up around it. It is easy.

Charlie
02-19-2009, 12:54 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x183/mrxtripz/lol.jpg
Seriously

unfuxwitable
02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
hahahahah maybe. i might just cut the top bar off the radiator support. i put a bottle jack between two beams and cranked it up to break the welds. the lower beam is realllyy thick and welded on good so i might jack the motor on top of it and lift it over the beam. aghh. if a car is on 4 jackstands is it bad to lift up one end alot higher than the other side? it wont slide off the stands?

soreballz
02-19-2009, 02:33 AM
Put the rear wheels on the ground during this process. If the car is floating, you're gonna have to lift it waaaayy too high, and yes, you run the risk of having the car slip off of the stands.

Daniel.
02-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Drop the motor and trans out from the bottom, and lift the car up around it. It is easy.

qft.

easiest way to remove a 4g63. :)