PDA

View Full Version : sleeping secrets..guide me!!

240love
02-18-2009, 09:44 AM
OK so for the past 2 weeks now i cant seem to get a goodnight sleep.

Actually i feel like i get no sleep at all. I feel like i always wake up every

10 mins of the night, and my back and neck hurts too.

What are some good tips to get a goodnight sleep??

Phlip
02-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Alcoholism

Future240
02-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Give yourself 9 hours to sleep, your body will sleep as long as it needs to, then you wake up feeling good.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Your mattres is junk. You need a good bed for good sleep.

amdnivram
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
thats true, i used to have a futon. I though i just sucked at sleeping. I bought a real bed, and my sleep is significantly better now.

enkei2k
02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
+1 on the mattress. might want to get that checked out. tempu pedic beds are supposedly the shiznitz but i don't know.

i say, drink a shot of NyQuil and watch the magic happen. done and done

Firestorm
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
for starters, get a new matress.

Give yourself 9 hours to sleep, your body will sleep as long as it needs to, then you wake up feeling good.

i can't quite agree to that... i used to sleep up to 10-12 hours on the weekends (no alarm or anything) so my body slept "as long as it needed to" but i always felt like shit when i woke up. my neck hurt, my back hurt and i felt more tired than when i went to bed.

i reduced my sleep to 7-8 hours a day now, i feel much better.

lucky7
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
OK so for the past 2 weeks now i cant seem to get a goodnight sleep.

Actually i feel like i get no sleep at all. I feel like i always wake up every

10 mins of the night, and my back and neck hurts too.

What are some good tips to get a goodnight sleep??

this is the story of my life, for tha past few years. but i think the last time i had a full night of sleep, i drank like 10 beers. its not really worth it the next day though. oh, i did pop a tylenol PM the other night. and i was OUT, which never happens. i usually take two of those bitches and stare at the wall all night. the one the other night though put me on my ass. no good, cause i was drowsy as hell the next day in school.

but dude, i've been dealing with this shit for as long as i can remember. i find that it helps if you dont drink anything late at night. cause you dont want any reasons to wake up, including to take a piss. i got rid of all the clocks in my room. i would lye awake and just stare at them.....ALL night. i keep a fan on all night long. initially, it was to drown out all the noise going on in the house. or atleast help to do that. but you get hooked, and cant sleep in slience. i dont know man, those are my suggestions. i also find that if i go to bed early, like 9 or 10, im awake by 1am, and thats about it till 4ish.

good luck. i almost want to go to the doctors and get something. i think i have sleep anxiety or something. i lye in bed and think about what i have to do the next day. like if i have to get up for work at 5, i sit and worry about not getting enough sleep. then bam, its time to get up. i worry about tests i have at school and stuff. a doc would prob just give me a script for xanex or something. im kind of afraid to get something like that, so i havnt gone. im sure it would change my life though. there is NOTHING better than getting a GOOD nights sleep.

ayuaddict
02-18-2009, 10:19 AM
i take sleeping pills.

sometimes with alcohol.

i shit you not, it works well.

stiizy
02-18-2009, 10:20 AM
+1 on the mattress. might want to get that checked out. tempu pedic beds are supposedly the shiznitz but i don't know.

i say, drink a shot of NyQuil and watch the magic happen. done and done

Tempurpedic is the shit i have one quite pricey but well worth it if you love sleep like i do..

ripnbst
02-18-2009, 10:22 AM
buy a mattress, and try drinking milk before bed. This seriously helps, its science.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Some people have a serious problem with sleep. But for the guy who just toss and turns all night its something simple like a mattres or caffine. Also do a little exercise before bed, do some thing to make you tired.

Osmosis
02-18-2009, 10:26 AM
My life changed after buying a Tempurpedic mattress. I used to wake up like 20 times a night and wake up with a sore neck or back. Now I sleep 7-8 hours uninterupted and feel refreshed every day.

lucky7
02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
my friend just spent $3k on one of those beds.. thats more than i care to spend on a mattress. im sure it would be worth it though. my sister is up at school. i should try sleeping in her bed tonight. i hear sometimes switching sleeping environments helps. maybe i'll try that.

yurisfriendevan
02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
New pillows help also.

HyperTek
02-18-2009, 10:35 AM
if your bed sucks *i been sleepign on a futon as well til this week i got a bunk bed for free, but the mattress still sucks*...
soft beds that you sink into feel comfortable and all, but they really kill your back.

try sleepign on the floor for real.. and your back will thank you., im in teh same boat, once i sleep on the floor for first night, the back pain is gone.. and you will be better rested when you wake up. you just have to make your body straight when you sleep. Sleeping on the floor feels pretty good after a while lol.

There are some daily stretches you can look up online that can help with the back.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I just got a sealy posterpedic california king on sale for a G. Couldnt afford the temperpedic but got the next best thing. Try a new bed, if you like it buy your own. Remember if your a back sleeper you want a firmer mattres, if your a side sleeper you want a softer mattres.

phukyuu
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
this http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/aznkid274/weed.jpg

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 11:02 AM
that is funny, I just saw that on a students phone.

240love
02-18-2009, 11:02 AM
dammit i cant multi quote.

OK well for the person who says give myself 9 hours or more well i do since right now i dont have a job but it doesnt really help. ill go to sleep like at 11ish and ill be up by like 7 am and thats only because i cant stand just laying there and not sleeping.

The mattress part, yea i thought of that too. One thing i noticed about my sleeping is that when i wake up my head is like up agains the wall, like towards my pillow.

The drinking part doesnt help either, last week i came home DRUNK. I got home like at 3am and puked till it was all gone and then went to "sleep". woke up at 7:30 am feeling like crap. Not hangover crap but just crap.

Buying a Tempurpedic mattress is NOT an option right now but ill look into atleast getting a new mattress.

LUCKY7

Yea thats how i am too, ill go to bed and think of well anything that pops in my head. Finding a job, being alone, my car, money, etc.. you know random life things. I try to cancell out every possible noise or light that might be on. Like that stupid lil red light from the tv or my dam cell charging. Even Nyquil wont work, it will make me feel drowsy but not tired?

Ive also been told stress in your life is a big part in sleep.

YES a goodnight sleep MIGHT even be better than sex.

MJ i cant use because im looking for a job right now, that and well i dont smoke.

HyperTek
02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
your stressed out dude... times is tough with the economy.. try to keep a clear mind,if you can keep the mind set on "ehh fuck it all" .. lol try sleepign on the floor 2night.. make sure you got alot of room and sleep with your body straight.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Or when all else fails go to the docter and get a sleep aid.

theicecreamdan
02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
man, I wish I could wake up in the morning. I've been sleeping in a lot lately, I just can't convince myself to get up when my alarm goes off. so I go back to sleep several times a morning.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
If I wake up, then try to go back to sleep I will never wake up. Not till about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Once your awake do something with your time.

lucky7
02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Try a new bed, if you like it buy your own.

perfect! now to find someone that will let me borrow their bed. :tinhat:
i need to find a rich girl and use her for her plush mattress.

240love
02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Well its weird cause i wake up but im soo tired. BUT I CANT SLEEPP!!! lol

like right now im tired but i know i wont sleep, im just gonna go skate for a bit.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Go to a mattres store and lay down. They let you try out a mattres before you buy it. But a rich girl has added benifits to trying her mattres.

DALAZ_68
02-18-2009, 11:26 AM
you guys should try sleeping on the message tables, with the head hole to stick ur face into, sleeping on ur tummy has changed dramatically

ANVIL
02-18-2009, 11:27 AM
get some herbs. i sleep awesome whenever i do

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Sleeping on your stomach is the worst way you cuold sleep.

jskateborders
02-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Alcoholism

+1
Seriously, I feel more refreshed after 4 hours of drunken sleep than 6 or normal sleep.
The only thing is the next day I feel really dry, but thats just cause alcohol makes it harder for your cells to absorb water. So alcohol, chap stick, and cocoa butter are the secrets to a refreshing nights sleep.

s13poop
02-18-2009, 11:36 AM
try exercise like jogging or lifting weights ect..

after work go for a jog or hit the weights i usually do that after work then come home and take a hot shower and i'm outro

if not go along with getting yourself a new bed setup

i used to have sleep anxiety back in Jr. High i remember the feeling was the worst feeling ever :-/ luckily it went away

other suggestions: reading, playing xbox till your eyes get heavy

Blurryeyes
02-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Beat your own meat at least three times before going to bed, you will go to bed more relaxed and sleep like a baby

s13poop
02-18-2009, 11:38 AM
^ is that why they call you blurryeyes? :keke:

Blurryeyes
02-18-2009, 11:40 AM
and some other undisclosed reasons but basically yeah

lucky7
02-18-2009, 11:48 AM
charlie murphy once said:
i beat my #$%& like it owes me money.

chapelle show quote. rofl.
but thus far, i like the rich girl idea best. sugar momma ftw. and i am EXHAUSTED right now. you get used to it after a while...even though it sucks. do a search, i've made several of these threads since ive been here. :keke:

jskateborders
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I used to not sleep through the night, like really bad. I found that when this semester started(crazy amounts of homework, and I work full time as well) I sleep better. I think its because alot of time, I will be doing homework until I cant keep my eyes open, then just go to sleep and wake up when my alarm goes off, and not untill. So I basically only go to sleep when I cant stay awake if that makes sense. Now if Im out partying, I can stay up all night, so thats not what I mean. Do something non-exciting, like read news papers, books, ect until your tired. Dont do stuff thats interactive like talking on the phone or texting, or surfing the web. Non action movies also help. Like drama. Basically do something that will make you fall asleep if you cant sleep. And the number one cause for sleeping problems (if you dont have a sleeping disorder of course) is worrying about getting enough sleep. I used to tell myself that if I dont get enought sleep tonight, or the next night, eventually my body will have to sleep, so eventually Ill get the sleep I need. Dont look at it like man Im exhausted, I need sleep for tommorow. Anything you can do to make it so you dont care how much sleep you get will help you sleep.

bigboto_boy
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
this http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/aznkid274/weed.jpg

amen to that i was gonna post but u beat me to it

smoke the dankest bud and ull knock the fuck out afta lol and depends on the bud ull wake up high and refreshed

lflkajfj12123
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
alcohol does NOT help you goto sleep

the best thing to do is exercise around 5-6 PM

wake up at the same time every morning

no caffeine after lunch

eat some nuts before you get ready to sleep 1 hour befor

no computer or electronics an hour or two before you goto sleep

ronmcdon
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Actually, I think a slight buzz w/ red wine or sangria is great before going to sleep.
The buzz you get from red wine makes me sleepy and relaxed (and several other ppl Ive spoke to).
You also figure most drugs like Niquil (sp?) include alcohol to encourage sleep, so that your body can rest.

However, some types of alcohol with buzzes that keep you lively prob aren't the best for sleep. No way I'd want to go to sleep after drinking say beer or liquor though.

I dont have much problem falling asleep. I do have difficulty getting myself up in the morning. On the weekends, I average 12-14hrs a night.

240love
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
try exercise like jogging or lifting weights ect..

after work go for a jog or hit the weights i usually do that after work then come home and take a hot shower and i'm outro

if not go along with getting yourself a new bed setup

i used to have sleep anxiety back in Jr. High i remember the feeling was the worst feeling ever :-/ luckily it went away

other suggestions: reading, playing xbox till your eyes get heavy

well i do workout almost everyday but its usually around noon, it does make me feel tired and ill fall asleep after but for like 30 mins only. Maybe ill try working out later at night. Only thing is that i work out at home in my backyard and its frezzing at night!

aoiken3
02-18-2009, 12:52 PM
i dont know about others but for me, i find it easy to sleep if i've had a really exhuasting day. there's nothing that sounds better than the bed.

ripnbst
02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
TOnight do 1-3 and see if it helps. If not, do #4 and then try 1-3 again haha.

1) Drink a glass of milk before bed, alcohol actually hinders your ability to get a good nights sleep.

2) Excercise before dinner if possible, excercising too close to bedtime hurts more than it helps.

3) Wackin' it does also help you relax and fall asleep easier.

4) Get a new mattress.

RaceBred 17
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
If your lucky, youll fall a sleep during wacking it.

tire_machine
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
nyquil and a shot of vodka

TheWolf
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Seriously goto a GNC or a nature hippie herb store and get a bottle of melatonin

Melatonin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin)

Take one pill 30 mins before you want to goto bed. Your going to sleep hard.

punk138
02-18-2009, 08:50 PM
excercise!

try running, push ups, pull ups.

dont eat or drink anything w sugar b 4 bed.

or plan B = SEX w fine breezys!

flip3d
02-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I dont sleep well unless theres a girl in my bed.

HyperTek
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
dude just sleep on the floor.. trust me lol
Layer up some comforters so its not too harsh. You get used to it after a while.

no need for some baller ass mattress if you cant afford it right now... If you feel better after sleeping on the floor, you will know you need a firmer/harder bed mattress.

Throw on an ipod or mp3 player and listen to tunes til you start to fall asleep. That always helped me

MisawaJason
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
2 beers + 2 tylenol PM's + a fan on medium setting = guaranteed 8 hours

HyperTek
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
or a Asa Akira video and your favorite seat/lube etc lol jk

240love
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM
haha ... ill try sleeping in the floor tonight see what happens

ro240sx
02-18-2009, 10:12 PM
I have a tempurpedic pillow and reading a car magazine gets me sleepy.

240love
02-19-2009, 12:11 AM
well im off to "Sleep"

ill let you know how sleeping in the floor goes

ALTRNTV
02-19-2009, 12:16 AM
I tried working out before going to bed. Didn't work for me. I was too amped up and my adrenaline was pumping
even though I was laying in bed. I fell asleep like 2 hours later. I have a problem with trying to sleep early. I try to sleep
around 11pm, but it's hard to. I stay awake until around 1am, my normal bedtime. Shit sucks. I have to wake up 5am everyday
as well.

sideways_s14
02-19-2009, 12:32 AM
depends on what kind of work out you do, if you're doing straight cardio (running, aerobics) you're going to be ampe'd from all the adrenoline. doing weight exercises at a cardio pace to the point of fatigue will knock you out, since you're more focussed on the exhaustion. I'm with some of the others on here though about laying in bed and you get that one random thought that chains into another and another, stress man, something is on your mind thats got you -noid... have had to nyquil it myself a few times. good sex definitely works, hands down, especially if she wants to talk afterwards, just ask her an open-ended question, and let her talking slowly sink you into comatose :zzz:

Enna
02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
If I can't get drunk, then I watch a boring ass movie. Otherwise I just wait it out and I get tired eventually. I sleep on an air mattress that doesn't hold air. So either its partially deflated or I'm pretty much sleeping on the floor. I miss my old futon mattress on the floor, shit was the best bed ever.

S14Josh
02-19-2009, 02:05 AM
Make some sizzurp

Or just take tylenol PM's. They help me sleep. And I'm terrible with sleeping. Actually, I think my tylenol pm's are kicking in right now. Time for sleep.

SochBAT
02-19-2009, 03:32 AM
You're all babies. I used to LIVE on only 4 hours of sleep, operation in tip top condition. No working out, no caffiene bull shit, just mental.

Wake up, and FORCE enthusiasm outta your mind. Don't "FUCKkkkk, i need to get up..."

Turn that shit into "Fuck yea, new day! New day brings new vagina!"

So long as you wake up positive, you're fucking gold.

FUCKING GOLD!

emersonLP
02-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Exercise!

Seriously I sleep best when I exercise that day. I also want to get a new matress for myself...maybe when the tax return shows up

GluedMyNuts
02-19-2009, 08:58 AM
hypnosis lol

silviaguy240
02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
well im off to "Sleep"

ill let you know how sleeping in the floor goes

i dont think sleeping IN the floor will help.

240love
02-19-2009, 09:14 AM
HAHA my bad i meant to say on...

Well at the beggining i was like shit this sucks, but then i didnt feel as if i woke up much. Then again i went skateboarding yesterday for the first time in Soooo long and i was kinda tired, even woke up sore.

So sleeping on the floor helped a bit but not good enough.

lucky7
02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
i slept great last night, in my own bed. its like, every 3rd day i sleep good. lol.

SochBAT
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I wake up and shit excellence.

Thats how great of a morning person i am.

Enna
02-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I wake up and shit excellence.

Thats how great of a morning person i am.

Your the kind of person I want to stab in the morning. I'm grumpy as fuck without a drink and a smoke.

HyperTek
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
i forgot to say, when i sleep on the floor, i sleep straight.. on my back.. try not to bend or curve yourself.. and sometimes i sleep with no pillow as well, be as straight as possible. and a few nights doing this would help.. I also read of people who would put a pillow underneath their knees so it would position their legs up a little, it would make the back curve flat with the floor which could help as well.

RiversideS13
02-19-2009, 12:23 PM
i slept most comfortable with my boxer only.

you might have hormone imbalance and i think you should go see doctor for it because you are too young to have it.

GluedMyNuts
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
no bs but if you "relief" some of your sexual tension, you will be able to fall asleep easier.