PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Jodan
02-15-2009, 01:59 PM
do you NEED (like if you don't have it you get fined) insurance on motorcycles in Nevada? and is it even worth owning a bike in that area?

thanks.

cc4usmc
02-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Regional section.

brndck
02-15-2009, 05:11 PM
i don't think there's anywhere in the u.s. that you AREN'T required to have insurance.

Akiros
02-15-2009, 10:19 PM
you dont have to have health insurance, add that to your non motorcycle insurance to save BIG bucks!

Jodan
02-16-2009, 01:10 AM
you dont need insurance on a bike in florida.

!Zar!
02-16-2009, 01:26 AM
What?

That's dumb.

Why should any state allow anyone to drive around uninsured?

So if you fuck up and hit me, I'm screwed?

Fuck that.

Jodan
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
thats the law. we also dont have gay ass emissions laws OR inspections!!!

oh mah GGG

4" exhaust exiting from the fender? no problem!

maybe i shouldnt move to the west coast, cant do it hardcore there.

Otto347
02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
thats the law. we also dont have gay ass emissions laws OR inspections!!!

oh mah GGG

4" exhaust exiting from the fender? no problem!

maybe i shouldnt move to the west coast, cant do it hardcore there.
:w00t::w00t::w00t: +1 for FLA!!!1

Jodan
02-16-2009, 04:17 PM
813 wasssuppp

fliprayzin240sx
02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Really? How the fuck does that work? So what happens when you run into somebody in FL and you dont have insurance? I just get to sue your ass for everything your worth?

Jodan
02-16-2009, 04:26 PM
i guess so if you're on a bike. you see, florida isn't ran by a bunch of corrupt money hoarding gaggots, or the terminator for that matter. so we have the freedom to chose in most cases. we can swap our engines, we can drive omg skyrhines, we can have our exhaust as big and as loud as we fucking want etc. cops NEVER ask us to pop our hoods.

i know cali is fucking stingy as far as cars go im just wondering if nevada is the same.

fliprayzin240sx
02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Eh, Tampa cops are assholes too...every county is different when it comes to what can and can be done on your car. I know I got harassed on my S14 when I was out there visiting my parents cuz I got limo tints and Blitz Nur-Spec.

Jodan
02-16-2009, 04:53 PM
they rarely pull you for loud exhaust and when they do its usually a warning.

LongGrain
02-16-2009, 05:01 PM
WI does not require insurance

!Zar!
02-16-2009, 10:56 PM
More reason why Florida is the worst state in existence.

Fail.

codunc
02-16-2009, 11:28 PM
even if the law doesn't say you have to, driving without insurance is retarded.
if you hit an expensive car, they can take everything you have

Jodan
02-17-2009, 01:51 PM
More reason why Florida is the worst state in existence.

Fail.

at least we can drive mofucka! :keke:

theracingbean
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes you need bike insurance here in nevada.

Matej
02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Really? How the fuck does that work? So what happens when you run into somebody in FL and you dont have insurance? I just get to sue your ass for everything your worth?
You're most likely required to pay for damages if it was your fault. If you refuse or don't have the money, the state or whoever will come in and take your possessions of equal value. Of course, I'm sure you can work out all kinds of legal deals, so you can pay it in installments or something similar, to prevent anyone from taking your things.
That's how it is throughout Europe. You can have insurance, but you're not required to. If you're a fairly safe driver, you can save lots of money.

Otto347
02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
813 wasssuppp
Yeauh! All the way from Tramp Florida!

even if the law doesn't say you have to, driving without insurance is retarded.
if you hit an expensive car, they can take everything you have
from the words of Birdman "Got everything in my momma's name" :rofl::rofl:

B18C5MK1
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM

o rly?

http://crazycrashes.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nick_bellea_hogan_car_wreck.jpg

TheWolf
02-18-2009, 07:23 AM
In florida you don't need insurance on a bike if you own it or if the price of the bike was less than 10k when you financed it. If the total price of the bike is over 10k and you are financing it then you must carry insurance.

Note how now all GSXR's start just a fart over 10k. That's to make the navy squids carry insurance for when they drop em and tear em up.

Side story. Girlfriend bought Navy BF a 600cc sport bike as a "gift". They eventually broke up so she quit making the payments on his bike. He was pissed that she quit paying on his bike so redlined it for 10 minutes until it quit spinning. Bike was repo'd. Dealership tried to sell it to me as 2 year old bike with new engine that was replaced under warranty. If I hadn't known the back story from my friend, they would have never told me. Dealerships can lie no problem to you. Same with Girlfriends.

Enna
02-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Nevada isn't as strict on emissions and shit as cali is. But we still can't get some shit to fly. As far as I know you do need insurance on motorcycles. My friend had it on his, so I'm fairly sure its necessary. Our smog is easier to pass atleast :D

lucky7
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
i swear, there are no actual road laws in MI. more specifically, Detroit. when im down there, i do the same shit everyone else there does. i'll pull U turns in the middle of the street. run red lights and stopsigns, park wherever i want. ive walked down the street in some parts with an open 40oz in my hand. :keke: as long as im not shooting people in the face and/or selling crack to infants, im not doing anything "wrong".

as for cars? i just get called a ricer, and thats about it. you see some wild shit driving down the road sometimes. especially in august, around dream cruise time. ive seen just about everything cruising down the street. :keke:

as a last thought. here in michigan, i find it to be actual work to get pulled over. ive been issued two speeding tickets in the last 6.5 years. and they have both been for going 30+ over the limit. :keke: i drive 10 over, ALL the time, and cops dont even look my way. its some crazy shit. when i visit ohio, i really have to make a concious effort to pay attention to speed limits. here, we do have several 70mph highways. but that just means you dont have to worry about getting pulled over. :keke: michigan is a love/hate type of place. theres stuff you love, and stuff you hate. unlike californias love/hate status. that just means people love to hate it. :D

Jodan
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
o rly?

http://crazycrashes.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nick_bellea_hogan_car_wreck.jpg

dick move man, a friend of mine was the victim of that retard.

and as far as FL guys not driving? do some research hoe!

!Zar!
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
And we/I don't?
dick move man, a friend of mine was the victim of that retard.

and as far as FL guys not driving? do some research hoe!

His bad for getting in the car with him.

theicecreamdan
02-19-2009, 01:35 AM

Too bad people that don't have insurance usually aren't worth shit. Its really gonna make you feel good when you sue somebody and still can't get shit from them.