PDA

View Full Version : what would you do???..............

SuperiorS14
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
If you had an opportunity to start your own business what would you do??
what type of business would you start? import industry, clothing, food,...etc.... what would you do?

Brian
02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
right now.... ugh.

something in the line of ESSENTIALS to life.

Otto347
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes, I kinida of do already. But with the economy I still have a full time job and screw around on the side for extra money. Maybe when things get better ill do my own thing full time.

As far as what it is I do fabrication work, vinyl, graphic design, would like to have shirts and things also but really need more time.

VROOOM
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
i want invent powdered beer. kinda like Crystal Light but with beer. so all you need is a bottle of water and a packet of beer and you can drown your sorrows.i think if i can invent it i could sell tons of it.

HyperTek
02-13-2009, 12:13 PM
a few years ago i would have loved to do somethin in the import car scene.. but it would be too tough now, the increase of low ballers and everyone else thinking they can do a business.

My friend suggested a laundry mat. You dont have to be there all the time, just open and close, and occasional maintenance. Put it in a nice area, theres always people who will need to wash clothes.

I would love to do like a racing sports bar, have all the f1 races, indy, nascar etc.. but i doubt it would be really hard. I was thinking an arcade with jdm video games, those are popular and people drive a good distance to play em. Esp around a college.

Also thought about a sim racing arcade. like $5 bucks for half an hour to race your friends on sim setups *like rfactor with a lan setup*
have like monthly tournaments etc
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/1369/150908a1gp.jpg

SuperiorS14
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
right now.... ugh.

something in the line of ESSENTIALS to life.

thats exactly what i was thinking but exactly what is my problem

i want invent powdered beer. kinda like Crystal Light but with beer. so all you need is a bottle of water and a packet of beer and you can drown your sorrows.i think if i can invent it i could sell tons of it.

lol.... this is seriously a pretty good idea!! one problem how would you get the powder to be carbonated?? maybe you would have to use it with carbonaded water...idk...but gl sounds like a money maker if you could make it....... make it and sell it to the big name guys and become a millionaire!!!!!

mr.booie
02-13-2009, 12:24 PM
photographer, cinematographer, graphic designer etc....

mobilesuit818
02-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Sourcing company. <-- thats what I'm doing now.

SuperiorS14
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Sourcing company. <-- thats what I'm doing now.

details please

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
i'd open up a bar downtown. limited food menu and crap beer only. pbr, stag, olympia, schlitz. colt 45 and olde english cans, too.
and i'd have a ton of old arcade games in there, because i collect those.

DUFFM4N
02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
id open a Bar as well...because people drink when times are good, and drink when times are bad.

win win situation

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
i just went to this bar downtown... it's their third location in five years... and their list is entirely beer that comes in cans. like 70 varieties of can beer/malt liquor. happy hour was a dollar off, and i had like 7 colt 45's for 6 bucks.

SuperiorS14
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
the only problem with opening a bar is you need a liquor license....and i believe the are super expensive!!

HyperTek
02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
a bar does sound pretty good.. and if its big enough , it can be a night club as well on weekends. provided your in a popular location.

SochBAT
02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Medical Aide.

And blood.

And a gun shop.

DUFFM4N
02-13-2009, 02:04 PM
the only problem with opening a bar is you need a liquor license....and i believe the are super expensive!!

super expensive yes...but its an investment seeing as how it will pay itself off...given, if the establishment is successful

ESmorz
02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
olde english cans, too.

Be a bad ass and sell the 40's, that and Steel Reserve 40's. You'd be a local hero.

:rofl:

s13boy89
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
a strip club just need some hot girls

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
a bar does sound pretty good.. and if its big enough , it can be a night club as well on weekends. provided your in a popular location.

practically every bar in downtown STL is also a music venue, it's pretty great how big all the old buildings are

and as for liquor license costs.

it can get into six figures for certain states (read: florida). but here in the midwest... well, here.

Generally the application fee for a liquor license is $230.00 nonrefundable. Once approved for the actual liquor license, the fee for the license will vary depending on the type.

Also, if you allow any dancing at your establishment, a “Dance Hall License” is required. One can apply for the Dance Hall License when they apply for their liquor license at the Excise Division. The cost is $200.00, if approved and must be processed through the Director of Public Safety office.

lawl

Be a bad ass and sell the 40's, that and Steel Reserve 40's. You'd be a local hero.

:rofl:

40's are illegal in saint louis city limits. too many people breaking them in the streets in the early 90's >.<

ESmorz
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Saint Louis Sucks!!!

JRas
02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
starting a buisness now? fuck that, I'd wait and keep saving money

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Saint Louis Sucks!!!

that's why you get your swill on out in the county. the 7-11 two blocks from my house sells a variety of 40's. we played malt liquor pong last weekend actually

Phlip
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I would open a restaurant that ONLY serves appetizers and drinks. Name it "Alpha and Omega" or some shit like that.

Seriously, though, I would probably open a damned funeral home or something like that.

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I would open a restaurant that ONLY serves appetizers and drinks. Name it "Alpha and Omega" or some shit like that.

Seriously, though, I would probably open a damned funeral home or something like that.

i'm all for the appetizers and drinks idea, keep it simple

ZX88
02-13-2009, 02:44 PM
i wish i knew what i want to do with my fucking life.

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
i wish i knew what i want to do with my fucking life.

barback. my bar.

i'll give you a handful of quarters for the arcade games at the end of every shift.

Future240
02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
I would open up a Marketing Firm.

deolio
02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
i would start a computer company that runs on the mac operating system. something easy and cheap for normal people.

Flicktitty
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I'd like to open a Bar/Resturant with my brother. 1/2 of the building would be a bar/dance area. the other 1/2 would be the resturant part of it. and the deviding section could fold up/move so after 10Pm it is all bar/dance area.

My brother is already a chef at 2 places and he cooks the best food i've ever had bar none. i think we could make it.
=======

Or i would like some sort of Import car part selling thing as well as a little garage (basic bolt on installations,etc)
and then get a dealer lisence and sell lightly modded cars.

ESmorz
02-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Start something like Blackwater.

Government contracts are cool. Guns are cool. Operating above the law... cool.

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
i would start a computer company that runs on the mac operating system. something easy and cheap for normal people.

you can't legally install osx on non-apple computers.

YOUR BIZNESS IS FLAWD

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 07:36 PM
St. Louis City Revised Code Chapter 14.08: RETAIL LICENSES (http://www.slpl.lib.mo.us/cco/code/data/t141408.htm)

so i guess, total, a liquor license here would be $230 for the application, then $375 annually for a full liquor license, and another $550 annually for a 3am license. so it all comes out to under a hundred bucks a month. rad.

and i just found this little retail space on a very, VERY popular, trendy, asshole street downtown, for $1275/mo. it's small, but considering craigslist is the only place i've looked, i'm sure i could find a better deal somewhere.
Retail Space Available (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/off/1033052738.html)

so uh. before employees, utilities, taxes, product, equipment, so on and so forth, at the very core, Bar-stedS13 would be like $1400/month to run? seriously?

where do i go for a business loan?

edit: here is a MUCH nicer location on the same street with almost three times the square footage for 1650/mo plus a bunch of bullshit (i'm not clear on how much this triple net shit would cost?)
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/off/1033290644.html

Gnnr
02-13-2009, 07:59 PM
There may also be zoning restrictions, business permits, and local city (closest city hall) limitations, inspections, and health permits you may need to look into.

You can get a loan from the SBA or any bank, but you'll need to write a business plan (a real one).

http://www.sba.gov/

deolio
02-13-2009, 08:03 PM
you can't legally install osx on non-apple computers.

YOUR BIZNESS IS FLAWD

oh hai steve jobs, can i haz mac os license?

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 08:09 PM
There may also be zoning restrictions, business permits, and local city (closest city hall) limitations, inspections, and health permits you may need to look into.

You can get a loan from the SBA or any bank, but you'll need to write a business plan (a real one).

http://www.sba.gov/

yeah, i don't know anything about anything for any sort of business, uh.. anything. there's got to be a million fees and taxes and dick punches to get through. i'm sure there's a reason every single person on the planet doesn't have a rad bar.

BustedS13
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
oh hai steve jobs, can i haz mac os license?

hurr i have cancer bawwwww, no licenses for anyone