PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn Hour A-110

superbike81
02-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Anyone have experience with Popcorn Hour products?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link:

Welcome To Popcorn Hour (http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=catalog&task=info&item_id=6)

It's basically a HTPC alternative. You don't get to play games and browse the net, but if you are just looking for a cheap solution to play full 1080p video and just about any video file you may have downloaded, this is the product to buy.

I'm *this* close to ordering one, but I just wanted to see if anyone here has used one and what their impressions are.

Thanks!

MisawaJason
02-12-2009, 04:51 AM
never heard of it

superbike81
02-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I hadn't heard of it until about 2 months ago, it was released around that time as well.

TheWolf
02-12-2009, 08:22 AM
I have the A-100 model.. which is awesome.. the A110 is nice I just don't want to buy a new one for 3 features. I was one of the first people to preorder. It's an amazing machine. If you're computer savy then you'll never tire of it and think it's the best thing since sliced bread.. It plays practically everything and updates for the firmware come out about every month. Download the flick.. Toss it to the HD on the machine. Play. It will even download torrents for you and stream content across the web etc etc. It's kinda a all in one gizmo.

02-12-2009, 09:31 AM
My buddy has the a110. They are badass. I was going to grab one but honestly don't watch enough of TV right now to justify it.

BustedS13
02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
this looks like a solid solution. i was just going to build a media center pc. i think i'm going to cancel my cable.