PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cd Player

Future240
02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
So I recently got a Pioneer Deh-6000UB, shits great, cept one thing. If I turn on my subwoofer control (2 memphis 15"s, xlpod amp) my back speakers won't play. With it off, cant control sub, backs are fine. Suggestions?

LeftNutOfGowd
02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Return it...

Gnnr
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Are the back speakers wired directly to the head unit? The subwoofer control?

Future240
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
^They should be wired directly to the headunit, and the sub control is built into the head unit.

Theory: I used the wiring harness from my previous pioneer cd player. The previous one was installed by someone who shouldn't ever touch another vehicle. The latter installed by an engineering major. Could the way the cd player is wired into the car make the cd player treat the back speakers as if they were subs. Which would make nothing but bass come out of the rear speakers, but since the subs are so overpowering it sounds like nothing?

Gnnr
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
So you bypassed the stock amp? Well, if they wired it wrong it could be the problem. I don't understand how you used the wiring from the last cd player? It should be like this:

OEM Wiring -> Wiring Harness -> Headunit Wiring

Future240
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
And yes the stock amp was bypassed when the first cd player was put it. I should probably note that i am talking about a 1988 Nissan Maxima, not a S-chassis

It is like that, I used the same harness because they were both pioneer cd players that used the same harness.

Gnnr
02-11-2009, 01:19 PM
OEM Wiring -> Wiring Harness -> Headunit Wiring -> Headunit

The one in red and blue should have stayed the same. The Wiring Harness (in blue) is supposed to work with all aftermarket headunits. Now the Headunit Wiring is unique to the headunit it came with.

If this is the way you had it wired, then I would say that its the headunit.

Future240
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Hm...........perhaps that means the problem is with the red to blue, cuz like I said that part was done by an amateur, I need to find a FSM and see whats goin on, thanks for the help Gnnr.