PDA

View Full Version : Blink 182 is back

pinkarrowsnow
02-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi. We're blink-182. This past week there’ve been a lot of questions about the current status of the band, and we wanted you to hear it straight from us. To put it simply, We're back. We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In the studio writing and recording a new album. Preparing to tour the world yet again. Friendships reformed. 17 years deep in our legacy.

Summer 2009.

Thanks and get ready...

I used to be a fan when I was younger and this was posted this weekend seems pretty cool that there back im sorta excited haha

Brian
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
They announced that at the Grammy show.

The only album I have listened to is DUDE RANCH.
That's a good one. It is great from first song to last.
Then again, that was when Scott was there.

In related news, I saw Travis Barker at Disneyland the other day. Teen girls were freaking.

shmiddy
02-10-2009, 10:35 AM
hows travis btw??? i didnt even bother checking up on him......

Brian
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
At the Grammy show he had his arm in a sling.
I don't remember seeing that on Super Bowl Sunday when we were at Disney.
He was pushing a stroller with his kids and wife.
Seemed fine...

Grendel
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Blink 182 is trash and should have stayed dead.

jackjack
02-10-2009, 11:31 AM
^i guess you could say that. i mean.... i dont care about them. some of the songs are entertaining, but obviously not GREAT by any means.

i noticed a SHIT TON of girls i know are super excited.

meh...........

Om1kron
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
hows travis btw??? i didnt even bother checking up on him......

Maybe you should call him brah! sounds like you guys are dope friends.

ZenkiKid
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
i am a fan, and me being an SD native i will always be one but,

I bet theyre only doing this because they realized they arent even as close as a hot commodity when they were in their seperate bands (Angels and airwaves and +44 )

rumor but id believe it: When they broke up Tom took all the unreleased Blink 182 material that was supposed to be in their new album and used it on the angels and airwaves album

worangejuice
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I love these guys.......Tom finally got off his political cult highhorse......cool

Otto347
02-10-2009, 11:52 AM
The only album I have listened to is DUDE RANCH.
That's a good one. It is great from first song to last.

:werd: then they sucked the sell out fat one along with greenday

SHIFT_*grind*
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I went to a Blink182/The Used concert once, for free. It was still a waste of money.

UGH.

Blink 182 is trash and should have stayed dead.

Nothing more needs to be said.

s13tilldeath*
02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
you all are fucking crazy blink is an amazing band....

enough said...

but to each his own

Brian
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
They made/make? some rad music.

then, they decided to "sell out" for some years and probably literally become millionaires.

I'd do it in a heart beat.

who cares about anything else once you get a million dollars.

BustedS13
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
rad, i've recently been listening to dude ranch and enema of the state. i hope their new album doesn't suck mad dick like everything post enema has though

SHIFT_*grind*
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I'd do it in a heart beat.
who cares about anything else once you get a million dollars.

Yeah, but we're criticizing their music, not their business choices.

Maybe they used to be good, I don't know. I haven't listened to Dude Ranch. Everything I've heard of theirs I've pretty much hated though, and the concert I went to was God-awful.

VROOOM
02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Cheshire Cat was the only semi decent CD they had. anything after that was pretty bad. saw them a few times (there to see other bands) and they pretty much sucked. what pissed me off the most was when Bad Religion opened for them. thats just not right.

worangejuice
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
+44 good, still had the Blink feel. I liked how funny and not give a fuck Blink was. They were my top band for a while. (funny, I told a girl this who was way into classic rock, and I know and enjoy all those bands too, she was like"how do you know all this stuff and Blink 182 is you're favorite band?"haha)
But yeah, then Tom Delonge went on this huge ego, I'm gonna save the world with rock love supersonic music.guhhh
I'm just glad they may be back in good form.
I liked their last album alot.
I saw them and No doubt in concert in PHX. (woah, no doubt was still a band)
A little dissapointed cause blink 182 flew threw all the songs and didn't really goof around. Whatev.
So we shall see how good there new shit is.
Tom was trippin'

Brian
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
which one is Tom, the guy with the emo hair and shit nailed through his face?

Otto347
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
what pissed me off the most was when Bad Religion opened for them. thats just not right.I couldnt believe that shit. Youre talking LEGENDARY punk band opening for some (as of now) bubble gum MTV top 40 shitstorm.....

SHIFT_*grind*
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
what pissed me off the most was when Bad Religion opened for them. thats just not right.

I didn't even know that, that's terrible. That's like Slayer or Black Sabbath opening for Limp Bizkit.

BustedS13
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Cheshire Cat was the only semi decent CD they had. anything after that was pretty bad. saw them a few times (there to see other bands) and they pretty much sucked. what pissed me off the most was when Bad Religion opened for them. thats just not right.

i like some blink 182, but that's infuriating.

edit: looks like they're doing warped tour again. the last time i saw bad religion was on the '04(?) warped tour. guess i have to go again, august 3

Flicktitty
02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
i like blink, and i like that there coming back.

and i'd like to know...

what is "selling out"?

is selling out making millions of dollars doing what you loved?

Brian
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
^^^^
yes.

I'm all for it.
SO, you lose your old fans, but you gain new lame ones, and gain millions.
You can buy all the friends in the world.

Bad Religion opening for Blink
STUPID.

SHIFT_*grind*
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
what is "selling out"?

is selling out making millions of dollars doing what you loved?

It depends on who you ask.

I think "selling out" is relinquishing creative control and making music that you don't agree with, making music the way someone else wants you to make it, in order to make more money.

Typically, guidelines and restrictions set forth by the record label, or producer, or whoever is paying you those millions, inhibit the creative process and lessen the quality of the music being made.

If you have an idea, and you put your heart and soul into translating it into music, and then the label/producer/figurehead says "we don't like it, change the whole album and make it like this, because we're paying you a ton of money"....it's probably going to suck.

worangejuice
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I didn't even know that, that's terrible. That's like Slayer or Black Sabbath opening for Limp Bizkit.

haha that is funny

Kaos_S13
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
They played at my high school for some Radio contest.

But if I could rewrite time it wouldn't be Blink 182 playing at my high school it would be the Aquabats because when you need a band thats a joke you want a band thats doing it on purpose.

whatever happened to the original Blink drummer anyways?

Brian
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
^^^^^

Lol at Aquabats.
the Baron Von Tito.

2 degrees of seperation.

Kaos_S13
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
^^^^^

Lol at Aquabats.
the Baron Von Tito.

2 degrees of seperation.

:D

I love the names the musicians use for the aquabats

"Jaime the Robot"
"MC Bat Commander"
"Ultra Kyu"
"Crash McLarson"

Brian
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
ricky fitness

allntrlundrgrnd
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
holy buhjeebus i havent listened to the aquabats in years, what a fun band.

YouTube - The Aquabats - Super Rad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqLz6LqMsU)

+1 for cheshire cat, only one i was remotely interested in

Kaos_S13
02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Meh Super Rad is way too over played.

Its all about CD Repo-Man, Playdough, Martian Girl, and Red Sweater.

Brian
02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Now we're talkin!

Those are all from "the fury of..." right?
And that's the album Travis drummed on, yes?

Kaos_S13
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
well technically playdough, martian girl, and cd repo man are from the original debut album "Return of the Aquabats"

but the "Fury of the Aquabats" featured re-recordings of Playdough, and Martian Girl.

CD repo man was a single song from a demo called "Ska Quake" iirc which was before Return.

what the hell BH?
I never figured you for a Aquabats fan...

EDIT: and yes Fury is the album with Baron Von Tito

Brian
02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey, I am who I am.

I used to listen to them in high school and college.
My friend Rachel was friends with some of them I think, so that always kept the name around.

I let my buddy borrow Myths and Legends a long time ago, but that was never returned.

Now, I only own Fury and Floating eye.

Kaos_S13
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
From how you usually post on the forums I would never have figured you for a Bats fan.

I only have a hand full of original CD's anymore from my younger cousins pillaging my collection and lending them to friends who never return them.
I swear every time I hear CD Repo-Man I think of all the CD's that have been borrowed and never returned.

I just copy the originals and take the copies with me in case someone takes it, or my car gets stolen with my cd collection inside(Again :nono:)

Man I miss the Ska wave

Otto347
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Man I miss the Ska waveSka shows are so much fun. Magadog recently played here in Ybor and that show brought back so many memories....

VROOOM
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
From how you usually post on the forums I would never have figured you for a Bats fan.

I only have a hand full of original CD's anymore from my younger cousins pillaging my collection and lending them to friends who never return them.
I swear every time I hear CD Repo-Man I think of all the CD's that have been borrowed and never returned.

I just copy the originals and take the copies with me in case someone takes it, or my car gets stolen with my cd collection inside(Again :nono:)

Man I miss the Ska wave

me too, Ska is just fun music.i was listening to Buck O Nine last night. brought back a ton of memories.

i went to the 2nd Warped tour and while Aquabats were playing my brother lost his shoe in the pit and someone threw it up on stage and hit the Aquabats drummer. it may have been Travis Barker not sure.

ESmorz
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Ever since Blink 182 released that emo album they can all die in a fire.

I guess they realized all their newest respective projects sucked even worse though.

Kaos_S13
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Ska Shows are always so much fun, you really can't leave upset unless its not your style of music.

I wish I could get together some people who play brass instruments willing to play in a ska band that AREN'T high schoolers just because their lack of devoting time to practice.

allntrlundrgrnd
02-10-2009, 03:56 PM
ska shows are definitely a blast. ive seen the pietasters a few times, less than jake(when they were ska), konami code, and a few others.

in other news the bloodhound gang is coming to my local venue next friday. ill be there

amdnivram
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
they suck so much lol i was hoping travis died at first, an end to crappy music. Sigh oh well lol

VROOOM
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
ska shows are definitely a blast. ive seen the pietasters a few times, less than jake(when they were ska), konami code, and a few others.

in other news the bloodhound gang is coming to my local venue next friday. ill be there

Less than Jake shows used to be awesome. they used to dress up at every show blow toilet paper at the crowd with a leaf blower. good times. now they kinda suck

Bubbles
02-10-2009, 05:34 PM
In my mind, Blink 182 never left.

Akiros
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Nothing more needs to be said.

^ i'm with that guy. The world has enough shit tastic music

s13tilldeath*
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
blink is still in my top bands.....

i really dont think they sold out after dude ranch....

"Enema of the state" and "Take off your pants and jacket" were there best albums not to forget "The mark tom and travis show"....

"Blink 182" was not there best album but was still good

soreballz
02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Geez, so many girls posting in this thread.

Blink 182 is garbage. The only album they made that was even halfway tolerable was Cheshire Cat. Everything after that sucked floppy donkey dick.

If you disagree, I'm sure you must also love shitty bands like Good Charlotte and A Simple Plan. If that's the case, you really should rethink your choice to go on living, and you should strongly consider putting a .45 to your temple and pulling the trigger.

FUCK bubblegum "punk". Worst music ever.

PS - The Aquabats are rad.

s13tilldeath*
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM

Blink 182 is garbage. The only album they made that was even halfway tolerable was Cheshire Cat. Everything after that sucked floppy donkey dick.

If you disagree, I'm sure you must also love shitty bands like Good Charlotte and A Simple Plan. If that's the case, you really should rethink your choice to go on living, and you should strongly consider putting a .45 to your temple and pulling the trigger.

im not a girl to start with....

blink is rad i dont really care what you think it does not bother me it is just music....

nothing to get all pissy about or stick a gun to your head for that matter...
they are not all i listen too they are good though...

Akiros
02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

posirep, sir!!!

soreballz
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
im not a girl to start with....

I meant "girls" as in "pussies".

posirep, sir!!!
Thank you.

worangejuice
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
How can you hate Blink 182 and love the aquabats?
Like "Beyonce's shit is whack, But Brittany, now that girl knows w'sup"
I wonder what the new stuff is gonna sound like?
Oh yeah Boxcar Racer was good too.
I also think Tom Delonge has a funny nasily voice, but still like that shiiiaaattttttt
And oh yeah ska is better than bubblegum punk..........so many people hate both of these genres

Brian
02-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Listening to DUDE RANCH now.
I'm on Apple Shampoo

amdnivram
02-10-2009, 07:34 PM
I meant "girls" as in "pussies".

Thank you.

i completely agree with this.

Brian
02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.stick9.com/images/small/bl-41s.gif

Otto347
02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
How can you hate Blink 182 and love the aquabats?
Like "Beyonce's shit is whack, But Brittany, now that girl knows w'sup"
I wonder what the new stuff is gonna sound like?
Oh yeah Boxcar Racer was good too.
I also think Tom Delonge has a funny nasily voice, but still like that shiiiaaattttttt
And oh yeah ska is better than bubblegum punk..........so many people hate both of these genresBecause you cant put the aquabats in the same boat as blink 182. For one they are different types of music. Two blink is a main stream bubblegum punk band (nowadays). end of story...

Ska has really never sold out. I think the Bosstones came real close with "Lets Face It" but it never took off after that for them in the mainstream which I for one am happy for.

All you fucks with these new bubblegum punk bands that are "so" punk rock need to do your fucking homework.

Op Ivy
Rancid
Bad Religion
Face to Face
No Use for Name
Minor Threat
Pennywise
NOFX
Propagandhi
and others, this was all I could come up with off the top of my head.

Go listen to this shit. This is what punk rock is........

Brian
02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Was anybody calling them "punk rock"?
If so, I missed it.

I'd just say they are cool at rock and roll music.
(then again, I can't comment really after Dude Ranch because I don't have any of those CDs, so I don't know)

Otto347
02-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Was anybody calling them "punk rock"?
If so, I missed it.

I'd just say they are cool at rock and roll music.
(then again, I can't comment really after Dude Ranch because I don't have any of those CDs, so I don't know)I changed it, was referring to them in the present.

worangejuice
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
oh no, def. in the bubblegum punk 'category' but I'm ok with that.
That's like the 'punk princess' Avril Levigne.haha
Yeah the punk rock shows are filled with nasty mofo's who actually don't give a fuck about anything, including themselves. Cause they're punk.
The bubblegum emo screamo punk shows are filled with like 14-16 year old girls. I know, I've been to a few.
You just end up tossing all them maggots over the rails to security all night. But way funner than hip hop shows.
Everyone like to be a part of the 'real' scene and drop old skool punk names like that, but that's kool and part of the whole music, my shit is better than your's shit. I'm real, you're not.
Whatever, blow it out you're ass. I used to work at Tower Records, and all the people who worked there would argue over what shit to play, but I was like calm the fuck down 'it's all good'

s13tilldeath*
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
holy shit! it is just music and no one said they are punk rock....
i listen to everything so i dont want to here do your homework or shit like that...
this is dumb why are all of you getting your panties in a wad....

if you dont like them who cares... so cause they did good in the music world they suck and sold out that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard...
im not a pussy cause i like blink you dumb fuck....if you dont like it then grab a spoon and endalge in my ass...

Geezem crow come down....

im done argueing this is pointless i dont care if you like blink or not but im not a pussy cause i do like them...

damn

azndoc
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I was listening to them on the drive home.

I like them.

I don't know.

Who doesn't like them.

ManoNegra
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM
they suck so much lol i was hoping travis died at first, an end to crappy music. Sigh oh well lol

damn man, that's cold
you don't have to like the dude or his music but to wish him dead... who hurt you?

Ska has really never sold out. I think the Bosstones came real close with "Lets Face It" but it never took off after that for them in the mainstream which I for one am happy for.

All you fucks with these new bubblegum punk bands that are "so" punk rock need to do your fucking homework.

Op Ivy
Rancid
Bad Religion
Face to Face
No Use for Name
Minor Threat
Pennywise
NOFX
Propagandhi
and others, this was all I could come up with off the top of my head.

Go listen to this shit. This is what punk rock is........

Love Ska
but I disagree, think it did sell out in the early mid 90s
too many shit bands that rode on the sound
and even good bands like Sublime and No Doubt got way over commercialized
just my .02

and punk begins and ends with The Clash
(Mindless Self Indulgence isn't bad either)

anyhow, less Blink more Transplants

corwin
02-11-2009, 02:02 AM
<3 Aquabats. Pizza Day ftw.

karl wasabi
02-11-2009, 02:28 AM
I loved Blink 182, I still do. I loved ALL of their albums. I don't believe they ever "sold out." Did they sell out because they went "mainstream?" I really don't get why people stop liking bands after they go big. It's like Linkin Park. EVERYONE loved their first album, then they went big, and now everyone says they sold out. gahh...

Angels and Airwaves was an awesome band, as well as +44. Oh noes, I like Angels and Airwaves...I'm an emo kid.

soreballz
02-11-2009, 02:47 AM
^I would verbally abuse you for that post, but you bought me pho, so we're good. lol

180sExy
02-11-2009, 06:04 AM
blink FTW!!!! if we were still giving out rep like before i'd prob have a shit load of lil red dot's lolz. but i liked Blink they were a fun band.

SHIFT_*grind*
02-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Op Ivy
Rancid
Bad Religion
Face to Face
No Use for Name
Minor Threat
Pennywise
NOFX
Propagandhi

+Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys

raz0rbladez909
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
+Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys

I mean do you really need to make a list? I like punk as much as the next guy but why don't you make a thread about it then, who cares if Blink is/was/isn't/are punk. The thread is about blink coming back, not how many punk bands you can name off get off your "I know real punk" high horse, you're no more special than anyone else because you're in the "scene" you guys argue over the stupidest shit sometimes.

SHIFT_*grind*
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Was I arguing?

Blink is completely shit whether they're punk or not. It's a statement.

Get mad.

s13tilldeath*
02-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Was I arguing?

Blink is completely shit whether they're punk or not. It's a statement.

Get mad.
no you dumb shit it is an opinion not a statement....

congrats shift grind you won the fucking genius of the day award....

besides this guy is right ^^^ this thread is about blink coming back...
not if they are punk or what punk bands you can name off or if you think you are punk....

Stay on topic...

SHIFT_*grind*
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Stating your opinion is......get ready for it......a statement. Chief.

Saying that a band sucks, in a thread about that band, is hardly off topic.

Whatever. Resume bubblegum pop rock discussion, don't let me interrupt.

karl wasabi
02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Stating your opinion is......get ready for it......a statement. Chief.

Saying that a band sucks, in a thread about that band, is hardly off topic.

Whatever. Resume bubblegum pop rock discussion, don't let me interrupt.

YEAH! Pop rock is awesome!!! I am so going to see them when they come to LA.

Otto347
02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I mean do you really need to make a list? I like punk as much as the next guy but why don't you make a thread about it then, who cares if Blink is/was/isn't/are punk. The thread is about blink coming back, not how many punk bands you can name off get off your "I know real punk" high horse, you're no more special than anyone else because you're in the "scene" you guys argue over the stupidest shit sometimes.Blow my ass. I'll make a list if I damn well please, blink sucks balls now...end of story :down:

+Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys:werd:

Get mad.:rofl:

Brian
02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Every single topic becomes an angry fight now.

Seriously, every single topic.

s13tilldeath*
02-11-2009, 01:09 PM
^^^ haha i know right cant we just all get along???

VROOOM
02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
im more punk than you!!!!!!!

soreballz
02-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Who would win in a real life rumble? The Blink 182 loving girly men, or the Blink 182 hating MEN?

:keke:

(Jokes, jokes. No need to take this post too seriously.)

SHIFT_*grind*
02-11-2009, 01:48 PM
We should have an angry fight about every topic turning into an angry fight.

Brian
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
We should have an angry fight about every topic turning into an angry fight.

haha, I was going to make a thread with that intention.

However, if I make it, it WILL get locked.
If somebody ELSE makes it though....

:)

raz0rbladez909
02-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Blow my ass. I'll make a list if I damn well please, blink sucks balls now...end of story :down:

lol wow, you take this shit so seriously "omg everybody elses is opinion is wrong and mine is right", all i stated was that if you wanted to make a list go make a punk thread or something fuck. And you can't technically say they suck balls now, being that you haven't heard any of their "were back together" stuff, maybe some of their more recent shit i understand isn't so great but i'm sure they can pull something out that sounds good, bands change, you can't expect someone to continue making money by playing the same old shit. deal with it go blow you're own ass

Otto347
02-11-2009, 05:43 PM
you can't expect someone to continue making money by playing the same old shit. deal with it go blow you're own assLol thats the exact reason all the bands I and SHIFT listed are still in the punk scene. Because they dont give a fuck about money, they care about playing music.

soreballz
02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Three perfect examples of bands that USED to be good, but sold out:
Green Day.
The Offspring.
AFI.

All were fucking great bands at one time, but went mainstream, got soft, and thus, became shitty. I guess Blink fits in with those other three I named, but IMO, they were never that great to begin with.

karl wasabi
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Three perfect examples of bands that USED to be good, but sold out:
Green Day.
The Offspring.
AFI.

All were fucking great bands at one time, but went mainstream, got soft, and thus, became shitty. I guess Blink fits in with those other three I named, but IMO, they were never that great to begin with.

There you go again. How did these bands sell out? They became good? They got a lot of fans?

BTW, you look like the damn lead singer from the Offspring. :keke:

ESmorz
02-11-2009, 06:36 PM
^ AFI used to kick ass... majorly. Then, they started watching too much Nightmare Before Christmas or something and became 13 year old girl music instead of hardcore punk. Answer that and Stay Fashionable is a great hardcore album.

soreballz
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
There you go again. How did these bands sell out? They became good? They got a lot of fans?

No, they sold out by deciding to sound like and play like every other band out there. And the fans they developed... Ugh, don't get me started.

13 year old girl - "OMG I LOVE AFI! DAVEY HAVOK IS SUCH A HOTTIE! I'M THEIR BIGGEST FAN!!1!"
Me, thinking - Oh great, here we go again...
Me, talking - "Oh really? What's your favorite album of theirs?"
13 year old girl - "SING THE SORROW! GIRL'S NOT GREY IS THE BEST SONG EVAR!!1! BUT I HAVE ALL THREE OF THEIR ALBUMS!!"
Me - "Three? What the fuck? They have 7 or 8 different albums. The first four were fantastic, the fifth kinda sucked, and the most recent ones, which I'm sure are the ones you love so much, sucked ass."
13 year old girl - "WHAT?! THAT MAKES NO SENSE. HOW COME I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THE OTHER ALBUMS?! AND THE NEW ONES DON'T SUCK, ITS THE BEST MUSIC EVER!!!!11!!1!
Me - "I REALLY wish your mother had swallowed on the night you were conceived."

And I shit you not, thats a real conversation I had about a year ago with a friend of my cousin's after she saw AFI listed on my Winamp files.
That's not even an isolated thing... Thats how almost every fan of every one of these crappy bands is. This music is like a fucking cancer. It spreads throughout the music industry, sucking up good bands and turning them to mush.

And yes, Karl, I am aware that I look like Dexter from The Offspring. In fact, my nickname in high school was Dexter because of that. lol

^ AFI used to kick ass... majorly. Then, they started watching too much Nightmare Before Christmas or something and became 13 year old girl music instead of hardcore punk. Answer that and Stay Fashionable is a great hardcore album.
Troof. Remember the days when Davey actually looked like a dude, not a shemale?

ESmorz
02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
No, they sold out by deciding to sound like and play like every other band out there. And the fans they developed... Ugh, don't get me started.

13 year old girl - "OMG I LOVE AFI! DAVEY HAVOK IS SUCH A HOTTIE! I'M THEIR BIGGEST FAN!!1!"
13 year old girl - "SING THE SORROW! GIRL'S NOT GREY IS THE BEST SONG EVAR!!1! BUT I HAVE ALL THREE OF THEIR ALBUMS!!"
Me - "Three? What the fuck? They have 7 or 8 different albums. The first four were fantastic, the fifth kinda sucked, and the most recent ones, which I'm sure are the ones you love so much, sucked ass."
13 year old girl - "WHAT?! THAT MAKES NO SENSE. HOW COME I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THE OTHER ALBUMS?! AND THE NEW ONES DON'T SUCK, ITS THE BEST MUSIC EVER!!!!11!!1!

And I shit you not, thats a real conversation I had about a year ago with a friend of my cousin's after she saw AFI listed on my Winamp files.
That's not even an isolated thing... Thats how almost every fan of every one of these crappy bands is. This music is like a fucking cancer. It spreads throughout the music industry, sucking up good bands and turning them to mush.

And yes, Karl, I am aware that I look like Dexter from The Offspring. In fact, my nickname in high school was Dexter because of that. lol

Troof. Remember the days when Davey actually looked like a dude, not a shemale?

For awhile he did look like a shemale. Now I guess he is looking more like everyone else from the hardcore/metal scene haha but, he can still get down. (you have to watch the high quality one for it to work)

3Z1hYhrGdOc

I wish that he still did that kind of music.

Grendel
02-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Offspring sold out because they went from bad ass shit like this:

I7y7EvcnnKw
qhYgeGT_vcU

To shit like this:
ATuMw90sZG8

No comment on AFI/Green Day because I was never a fan of those :)

worangejuice
02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I mean do you really need to make a list? I like punk as much as the next guy but why don't you make a thread about it then, who cares if Blink is/was/isn't/are punk. The thread is about blink coming back, not how many punk bands you can name off get off your "I know real punk" high horse, you're no more special than anyone else because you're in the "scene" you guys argue over the stupidest shit sometimes.
+1111111
thank you
who did this?????
Me, thinking - "OMG I LOVE AFI! DAVEY HAVOK IS SUCH A HOTTIE! I'M THEIR BIGGEST FAN!!1!"
13 year old girl- Oh great, here we go again...
13 year old girl, talking - "Oh really? What's your favorite album of theirs?"
Me, thinking- "SING THE SORROW! GIRL'S NOT GREY IS THE BEST SONG EVAR!!1! BUT I HAVE ALL THREE OF THEIR ALBUMS!!"
13 year old girl- "Three? What the fuck? They have 7 or 8 different albums. The first four were fantastic, the fifth kinda sucked, and the most recent ones, which I'm sure are the ones you love so much, sucked ass."
Me - "WHAT?! THAT MAKES NO SENSE. HOW COME I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THE OTHER ALBUMS?! AND THE NEW ONES DON'T SUCK, ITS THE BEST MUSIC EVER!!!!11!!1!
13 year old girl- "I REALLY wish your mother had swallowed on the night you were conceived."

karl wasabi
02-11-2009, 11:01 PM

The conversation next time should go.

13 year old girl - "OMG I LOVE AFI! DAVEY HAVOK IS SUCH A HOTTIE! I'M THEIR BIGGEST FAN!!"
13 year old girl - "SING THE SORROW! GIRL'S NOT GREY IS THE BEST SONG EVAR!!! BUT I HAVE ALL THREE OF THEIR ALBUMS!!"
Me - "ME TOO, Let's DO IT!!!" hahahha

Otto347
02-12-2009, 08:18 AM

13 year old girl - "OMG I LOVE AFI! DAVEY HAVOK IS SUCH A HOTTIE! I'M THEIR BIGGEST FAN!!"
13 year old girl - "SING THE SORROW! GIRL'S NOT GREY IS THE BEST SONG EVAR!!! BUT I HAVE ALL THREE OF THEIR ALBUMS!!"
Me - "ME TOO, Let's DO IT!!!" hahahha:bowrofl::bowrofl:

Moral of the story is just because a band sells a shit ton of records and becomes super popular doesn't make them good. 98% of the population here in america are fucking dolts. Ill keep my small crowd bad ass show over any sell out fucks.

soreballz
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Me - "ME TOO, Let's DO IT!!!" hahahha:rofl:
Eww. 13 is much too young, even for a pedo like myself. hahaha