PDA

View Full Version : So Many Demos But Wheres The Love For Gundam ?

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 01:39 AM
All the gundam games ive played sucked.. the only one ive seen that looked half way decent is for PS2 but hard to get a hold of. I wish konami and bandai would pair up to create an awesome game. If they had the same type of game play like Zone Of The Enders I would gurantee a great seller. anyone agree ??

Thanks for your time guys.

Z33dori
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
i'm in with you

none of the gundam games have really been worth anything. The Dynasty Warriors version was okay... nothing to blow a load over.. actually it was like the best one so far, sadly.

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 01:53 AM
The only one that i thought looked cool was this one.. witch is my favorite series 00

YouTube - Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - New PS2 Game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlo889AgPm4)

unfortunatly its not for PS3. for me, graphix are one of the MAIN things i look for when it comes to video games. and this games graphix are just horrible to me, maybe its because im used to PS3. Or maybe they sacrificed the graphix for gameplay. not sure but this is what i would really like to see for PS3

ZenkiKid
02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
ZoE was a very good game, sucked that it was super short though.

ZX88
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
the one on dreamcast where it was kind of like a flight simulator was probably the best one ever. i played that game to death back in 2000 lol

Future240
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Gundam Battle Assault II was fucking great IMO.

silviaguy240
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
ZoE was a very good game, sucked that it was super short though.

yea im not all a anime or gundam fan but ZoE was good, and yes it was short. bought it, took it home, beat it in 4 hours then took it back and traded it in same day. the dude at EB was like WTF?

Leetheslacker
02-06-2009, 10:43 AM
only one i ever had was the gundam wing game on a snes emulator.

it was sweet cause you could fight people over the internet on their emulators.

ps. ps2 still rules.

!Zar!
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
yea im not all a anime or gundam fan but ZoE was good, and yes it was short. bought it, took it home, beat it in 4 hours then took it back and traded it in same day. the dude at EB was like WTF?

Yeah, I didn't even have a chance to save my game.

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Did you guys ever play ZOE the second runner ?? if you were upset the first one was so short you would have been really happy about the second one. i never took it back. i kepy playing it after i beat it.

silviaguy240
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
im pretty sure i bought that one and beat it in like 8 total playing hours

origin_s135
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Anyone tried the latest armored core?

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
im pretty sure i bought that one and beat it in like 8 total playing hours

Yeah i didnt have that much of a hard time beating it either but it was an awesome game.

Anyone tried the latest armored core?

Ive been a fan of armored core also but sadly all the years ive purchased the games i never beat ONE. so i stopped playing it.

how is it ??

any one watch the gundam 00 series ?? i baught it the other day and its awesome.

ESmorz
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Gundam Battle Assault II was fucking great IMO.

Fuck yes.

I pwned with Zaku II.

kyoru
02-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Fuck yes.

I pwned with Zaku II.

the first one was on snes right? if so, that game was fricken amazing

edit found the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQB7mLoI4s

ESmorz
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM

I think it was on PS1.

Future240
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Fuck yes.

I pwned with Zaku II.

Burning gundam, and that one with the strong as shield were my charcters. If i had someone to play with, I would probably go buy it

I checked the price of amazon, there is one new for 19.99 plus 3.99 shipping......

edit found the game:

YouTube - Gundam Wing Endless Duel - Wing Gundam Test Run (Update) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQB7mLoI4s)

I think it was on PS1.

Yea it was on ps1, both were, I never played the first one. There was a third one too, never played that either.

ESmorz
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Burning gundam, and that one with the strong as shield were my charcters. If i had someone to play with, I would probably go buy it

I just looked through a box of PS1 games. I still have it.

:yum:

Mi Beardo es Loco
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
they build off of the "create your gundam" philosophy so you could build your gundam through the game and eventually take it online. Games have to have killer online play in order to stay successful and build a franchise through it.

Future240
02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
I just looked through a box of PS1 games. I still have it.

:yum:

I almost just bought it off of ebay, then I realized my ps2 doesn't play ps1 games anymore, that and it would be sitting in my room just like Marvel Vs streetfighter is.

hOngsterr
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
watch Mobile Suit Gundam 00
its goood
o.o

Enna
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
any one watch the gundam 00 series ?? i baught it the other day and its awesome.

I've been watching it since it first aired in japan. I'm on episode 17 of the 2nd season, fucking great series. Best in a long time.

As for the games, its extremely hard to create a truely great gundam game. The things they do in the series just makes it too hard to accurately put it into a game and still make it fun. Yes ZoE was great, I loved the epic vs battles, playing against a friend. Gundam is alot harder, some of us (like me) have grown up watching gundam and know the things they do. Its too hard to create a great game when the series makes them do even more outrageous things.

Battle Assault II was the shit, I wont lie.
Gundam Musou (dynasty warriors) was pretty damn good. They just lacked the ones I really wanted (how the fuck do you NOT have Nu Gundam and Sazabi in that shit, WTF!).

On a side note, did you know they are still working on a Gundam MMO? Its still in the early stages, but I heard they are taking it hardcore serious (yes I did just intentionally say that).

Antihero983
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
i own every armored core game ever made.

yeah im kinda a fan lol

I will say, the gundam fighting game for PS1 wasnt bad, albeit a bit short.

i beat the gundam game for dreamcast as well, that was nothing impressive.

My favorite series is Gundam Wing, because of Epyon, Deathscythe, and HeavyArms

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I've been watching it since it first aired in japan. I'm on episode 17 of the 2nd season, fucking great series. Best in a long time.

As for the games, its extremely hard to create a truely great gundam game. The things they do in the series just makes it too hard to accurately put it into a game and still make it fun. Yes ZoE was great, I loved the epic vs battles, playing against a friend. Gundam is alot harder, some of us (like me) have grown up watching gundam and know the things they do. Its too hard to create a great game when the series makes them do even more outrageous things.

Battle Assault II was the shit, I wont lie.
Gundam Musou (dynasty warriors) was pretty damn good. They just lacked the ones I really wanted (how the fuck do you NOT have Nu Gundam and Sazabi in that shit, WTF!).

On a side note, did you know they are still working on a Gundam MMO? Its still in the early stages, but I heard they are taking it hardcore serious (yes I did just intentionally say that).

This is awesome, a guy who loves gundam just as much if not more than me. unfortunatly i never got to see it as soon as it aired in japan since i live in L.A. but i used to go to the Mitsuwa store and buy gundam model kits all the time. i had the whole set from wing, seed, and some from the older generation. now i plan on getting all the ones from the 00 series. I love building them so much its like a drug to me everytime i get my hands on a box full of plastic peices lol. witch series are you talking about exactly ?? im alittle confised about you saying the second season and 17th episode. sorry for my ignorance.

but if you havent see gundam 00 its deffinatly worth the 30 bucks for the 3 CD's and episodes 1-25. at first its alittle slow but when you get alittle towards the end of CD2 your actually standing out your chair waiting to see what happens. another thing i love is since its only in japanese its kinda helping me with my language learning!

Cheers

Enna
02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I was actually talking about Gundam 00. I've been watching the fansub versions since they first aired back in 07. They split it into 2 seasons, which was cool. If you thought the first season was great (which it was), then you will love the 2nd season even more. Its developing into my favorite series so far, but its still gotta beat Wing and Zeta / Double Zeta. The english dubs aren't bad (SciFi channel) but I just can't stand them. You miss too much emotion in the voices. Gundam is all about emotion.

I haven't been able to do collecting on the model kits, but I have always wanted one of Nu Gundam (strongest newtype gundam ever made). There is a reason they never made another gundam like it lol.

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I was actually talking about Gundam 00. I've been watching the fansub versions since they first aired back in 07. They split it into 2 seasons, which was cool. If you thought the first season was great (which it was), then you will love the 2nd season even more. Its developing into my favorite series so far, but its still gotta beat Wing and Zeta / Double Zeta. The english dubs aren't bad (SciFi channel) but I just can't stand them. You miss too much emotion in the voices. Gundam is all about emotion.

I haven't been able to do collecting on the model kits, but I have always wanted one of Nu Gundam (strongest newtype gundam ever made). There is a reason they never made another gundam like it lol.

Forsure that! where can i get the second season of 00 ? is it on sale yet for DVD ?? im watching the 3rd CD right now i cant get enough and im not looking forward to getting to the end of this cd and waiting to see more later on. yeah emotion deffinatly is somthing i can feel when watching the show. its one of the things that makes the show so addicting. Yeah im so glad i got my set in japanese. and its so true, with english you can tell the ppl who do the voices dont make it sound right. (cheesey)

Future240
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I've haven't watched gundam in a while. My favorite gundamn of all time is Burning Gundam for some reason....

Enna
02-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Future I wont lie, God gundam was the shit. God fingers is an insane ability. Too bad Destiny gundam ripped it off, kinda. Incase you dont know what I mean, they put it on the Destiny gundam from Gundam Seed Destiny. I just didn't like the martial arts style of it, story was good tho.

Boostslidewayz pm me and i'll give you the info you need to get started on the 2nd season.

Future240
02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I had forgot for a sec that it was really called God Gundam. The whole thing of feeling what damage the gundam felt was kinda stupid to me.

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Future I wont lie, God gundam was the shit. God fingers is an insane ability. Too bad Destiny gundam ripped it off, kinda. Incase you dont know what I mean, they put it on the Destiny gundam from Gundam Seed Destiny. I just didn't like the martial arts style of it, story was good tho.

Boostslidewayz pm me and i'll give you the info you need to get started on the 2nd season.

pm sent........

Enna
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I had forgot for a sec that it was really called God Gundam. The whole thing of feeling what damage the gundam felt was kinda stupid to me.

Yeah it was just one of those series, like Turn A gundam. Just weird.

Edit: oo first post on page 2 lol.

Antihero983
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
also, mobile fighter G gundam was fucking DOPE.

Future240
02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
^Very much so,other than God/Burning gundam I liked the dragon one

There was one gundam series I fucking hated, it was the one where all the gundams are like 3 ft tall and its like all kiddy n shit

Enna
02-06-2009, 08:17 PM
also, mobile fighter G gundam was fucking DOPE.

Yeah thats the series we were talking about. I wasn't a fan of the way the did the series, but some of the gundams looked fucking sweet (Master gundam was the SHIT). Anyone else think epyon looked ALOT like master gundam? You compare the two, its a scary sight lol. Story was really good though, very different than any previous series.

If any of you get the chance though check out the new series out right now. Its the best in a long time, and doesn't cater to the yaoi style characters that Seed did. Also its set 300 years in our future, so its more like a possible outcome, instead of a fantasy world.

Future240
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah thats the series we were talking about. I wasn't a fan of the way the did the series, but some of the gundams looked fucking sweet (Master gundam was the SHIT). Anyone else think epyon looked ALOT like master gundam? You compare the two, its a scary sight lol. Story was really good though, very different than any previous series.

If any of you get the chance though check out the new series out right now. Its the best in a long time, and doesn't cater to the yaoi style characters that Seed did. Also its set 300 years in our future, so its more like a possible outcome, instead of a fantasy world.

I had forgot about master gundam. He may have sucked on the game, but he was extra fucking tight on the show.

I am going to see if I can get ahold of the new series. Since yall saying its so good.

BoostSlideWayz
02-06-2009, 08:22 PM

Very Well put Enna san :bow:

Enna
02-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Lol np. I'm not going to say that I've hated a gundam series, just there's been some that weren't as good as others. The only gundam series I haven't watched was Turn A. I started it and just never got to finish it.

There's a couple side stories and shit that I haven't had the time to see either, but for the most part I've seen everything. They would have to be good for me to keep watching the shit lol.

Also 30yr anniversary, you know they gotta be good if they hit that point.

Future240
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I had a strong love/hate/mostly hate with that kiddy gundam. I couldn't help but watch it, but I hated the fact that it was what it was, but I still watched it though

Enna
02-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Ah yeah SD Gundam, I consider those the bastard children of gundam and therefore dont watch them. It was just something for lil kids to enjoy, especially because gundam has such a serious undertone to it. It has its moments where its pretty funny to watch, like all the lil zaku's running around. And Char's red zaku constantly getting its ass wooped lol.

Oh Btw if any of you are actually interested in starting it up, Ep 18 of the 2nd season of Gundam 00 is coming out on sunday fansubbed. Its quickly working its way up to my favorite series (yes repeating what I said before).

Edit: fuckin double post >.>

Future sorry I completely forgot what I was going to say to you earlier. The new series has a kind of slow start, like most usually. But then picks up fast. Its not like Seed and Destiny where it sucks till like ep 25. If you want to know where to find it easy, pm me and i'll give you the links.

jdm_emperor
02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
id say gundam zeonic front for the ps2 was the best outta every gundam game made
i have jus about every gundam game made for the ps1 and ps2

Enna
02-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Never got to play that one, its just the controls are usually too bulky to fit good with how the anime protrays them.

Thats probably why I liked battle assault 2, they were decently quick with attacks and such, just probably would've been greater with a 3d arena. And before you even mention battle assault 3, slap yourself. You already know it sucked.

Future240
02-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Never got to play that one, its just the controls are usually too bulky to fit good with how the anime protrays them.

Thats probably why I liked battle assault 2, they were decently quick with attacks and such, just probably would've been greater with a 3d arena. And before you even mention battle assault 3, slap yourself. You already know it sucked.

I didn't even play battle assault 3 I could feel the suck from the pictures.

Enna
02-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Lol yeah. I tried it out at a gamestop years ago. Put it down after 5 seconds. It wasn't the same. Honestly to make a correct Gundam game they would have to add traits from every series come out so far. In addition to gameplay from ZoE, Armored Core, Street Fighter (mostly for speed on this one), Dynasty Warriors (multiple enemies in single player). I can't think of any other games atm that would sum it up better than these 4.

To be frank, it would push the PS3 (cuz thats the only system I will agree it would be on, no offense 360 owners, but the PS3 can just do it better) to near max capacity. There would have to be no lag, insane graphics, lightning fast gameplay, and so much going on on the screen at once that you would actually have to think your in a gundam. It would be the only way to create a truely epic gundam game.

BTW they have an arcade game out now in japan. Full cockpit and everything. So this might not be too far off, if that arcade game suceeds.

P.S. before anyone says Gundam Musou (dynasty warriors), it sucked. Its just dynasty warriors, with gundams. The AI was retarded, the movements were spotty, and the stories just sucked AND were too short to even be fun.

ESmorz
02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
FPS Gundam game needed.

To give you that in the cockpit feeling.

BoostSlideWayz
02-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I say the best gundam game was 00 for PS2.... Even tho i never played it lol.

Im gonna send this thread to konami and see what they think yeah ??

Enna
02-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I agree an FPS style would be different and possibly good. However they always had that as an option on the PS2 titles. Just wasn't any good.

It confuses me though how Konami can be great at making MGS, but how the hell can you suck at gundam. MGS is almost as hard as gundam, and every MGS has been great. I just think they haven't put the time and effort into gundam that they do with MGS. So mostlikely they would probably ignore it, sadly.

Future240
02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
All the ps2 games were pretty much ass

Enna
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I agree. The only one that I thought was kinda fun was MS Saga. Just thought it was cool how you could build your own gundam, and then do an RPG story with it. Even tho the story in the game sucked ass, as well as graphics and battle system. Ok pretty much everything sucked about it. Concept was good tho.

DALAZ_68
02-07-2009, 08:51 PM
even the Zoid game has better gaming than gundam games...:ugh:

Enna
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. Gundam is really fucking hard to articulate into a video game. Anime is easy, game not so much.

Future240
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
There was a zoids game? :eek:

Enna
02-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah there's been a few of them, one or two for each series. I think there's like 3 series or something. Never really followed zoids too much, but I pretty much know the gist of it.

S13shaka
02-08-2009, 01:35 PM
hahaha the OP actually paid for anime, pwnted

Battle Assault 2 is good, I also have Encounters in Space which is fun but the replay value is a bit stagnant

Enna
02-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I would pay for it if they came out with the HD versions. Only version worth buying. I dont like the way they do subs, but I can deal with that for the HD quality.

But yeah I dont pay for shit unless I really like the series / franchise.

Enna
02-09-2009, 06:53 AM
After checking the latest game info, I got some news for gundam fans.

There is a 360 title in the works. It seems to have some promise to it, as well as online gameplay. The only issue I have with it, is like most gundam games, its based in the One Year War from the original series.

There's a new psp title out, which hopefully we will get, titled Gundam Vs. Gundam. I'm thinking its going to be like battle assault 2.

Other than that, Gundam Musou 2 aka Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Couple of new suits, probably the exact same play style.

They have some new ones that they are working on for PS3 and 360, just no official names or other info released yet. I'm still hoping for my epic gundam game dammit.

rms13
02-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I liked gundam seed vs zaft and I heard Gundam Vs Gundam is supossed to be great. I need to make my friend get Gundam vs Gundam.

amdnivram
02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
just finished watching mobile suit gundam 00, i want to play the game now

Future240
02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
After checking the latest game info, I got some news for gundam fans.

There is a 360 title in the works. It seems to have some promise to it, as well as online gameplay. The only issue I have with it, is like most gundam games, its based in the One Year War from the original series.

There's a new psp title out, which hopefully we will get, titled Gundam Vs. Gundam. I'm thinking its going to be like battle assault 2.

Other than that, Gundam Musou 2 aka Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Couple of new suits, probably the exact same play style.

They have some new ones that they are working on for PS3 and 360, just no official names or other info released yet. I'm still hoping for my epic gundam game dammit.

Faaawwk why can't they get over the one year war saga. I wouldn't play the Gundam dynasty warriors one. dynasty warriors gets boring really fast and adding in gundams just cheapens the series (gundam not dynasty) to me

deadghost
02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
screw gundam, matter of fact I want you to throw/forget all that you know about gundam and check out a old yet mature anime called macross. You will thank me once you see it, and wonder to your self why you never knew about this ainme. Then again we all have our cup of tea. YouTube - MACROSS PLUS YF-19vsYF-21 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXjmml9woVI)

Enna
02-10-2009, 04:59 AM
I know quite a bit about macross actually. Its a great series and I will not lie that I enjoy it. The games haven't been bad, it just doesn't have the variety. Music isn't bad, but its too heavily music based for me to take it TOO seriously.

And secondly dont diss on the gundam. If it wasn't for brilliant minds like Yoshiyuki Tomino (who created gundam), there wouldn't have been a place for mecha's like Macross and such.

I agree on the Hype of the One Year War. Yes it was huge, I understand it started this entire franchise. However there have been many great series since that could be ellaborated on more, or something completely original that has no gundams from any other series, manga or anything of the like. Completely original gundams, story, characters, animation, everything. That would be a fucking epic game.

I just played dynasty warriors gundam again earlier, and I remember now why it has high and low points. I never got big into the whole Dynasty Warriors thing but I understand how it can get so boring so fast. Its got fun gameplay, and I absolutely love using a gundam to rip through hundreds of enemies. But the fighting is not good enough and the story is way too thin. #2 isn't looking to be much better. It IS only hurting the franchise.

S13_Nightkid
02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't doubt it. Gundam is really fucking hard to articulate into a video game. Anime is easy, game not so much.

Yeah. I play a few gundam games and they suck....Armored Core is balls.:barfkiss:If there was a great Gundam that had Deathscythe my life would be complete.=]

aznpoopy
02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
one year war is actually pretty ideal setting for a more serious simulation style gundam game. the core combat is basic (and dare i say - slow paced). even the super prototype mobile suits aren't all that overpowered compared to standard shit the normal grunts get. it's the most amenable to a semi serious mechwarrior-ish piloting game.

screw gundam, matter of fact I want you to throw/forget all that you know about gundam and check out a old yet mature anime called macross. You will thank me once you see it, and wonder to your self why you never knew about this ainme. Then again we all have our cup of tea. YouTube - MACROSS PLUS YF-19vsYF-21

stop being a fanboy. this might come as a shock to you, but i'm a fan of both macross AND gundam. no way! plus macross plus is hardly representative of the series. go sit through 50 episodes of macross7 and tell me how "mature" you think macross is now.

To be frank, it would push the PS3 (cuz thats the only system I will agree it would be on, no offense 360 owners, but the PS3 can just do it better) to near max capacity. There would have to be no lag, insane graphics, lightning fast gameplay, and so much going on on the screen at once that you would actually have to think your in a gundam. It would be the only way to create a truely epic gundam game.

no offense to us ps3 owners, but it's three years past release and we're still waiting for that shit. killzone2 was supposed to take it there. after playing the demo, i don't really think it did. the ps3 is nice on paper but i have yet to see it overtake the 360 in practice. point is probably moot anyway, if you want to take a game to 'max' capacity, you need to get off consoles and take it to a modern pc.

I know quite a bit about macross actually. Its a great series and I will not lie that I enjoy it. The games haven't been bad, it just doesn't have the variety. Music isn't bad, but its too heavily music based for me to take it TOO seriously.

the macross games have sucked just as bad as the gundam games (cough vf-x / vf-x2). the only decent macross game -ever- was the dyrl shooter on ps2. at any rate, doing macross style combat accurately in a arcadey sim is really impossible, imo. if it could be done right it would have been done by now.

deadghost
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM

And secondly dont diss on the gundam. If it wasn't for brilliant minds like Yoshiyuki Tomino (who created gundam), there wouldn't have been a place for mecha's like Macross and such.

I agree on the Hype of the One Year War. Yes it was huge, I understand it started this entire franchise. However there have been many great series since that could be ellaborated on more, or something completely original that has no gundams from any other series, manga or anything of the like. Completely original gundams, story, characters, animation, everything. That would be a fucking epic game.

I just played dynasty warriors gundam again earlier, and I remember now why it has high and low points. I never got big into the whole Dynasty Warriors thing but I understand how it can get so boring so fast. Its got fun gameplay, and I absolutely love using a gundam to rip through hundreds of enemies. But the fighting is not good enough and the story is way too thin. #2 isn't looking to be much better. It IS only hurting the franchise.

I hear that, I didnt mean to hate on gundam, its just I never see any macross love. The only cool thing about any macross game and I mean the only good thing is the intros and thats prob it.

napaKAliboog
02-10-2009, 12:12 PM
FUCK ALL THIS SHIT XENOGEARS = Best game ever =0P

BoostSlideWayz
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
^ Ps3 is taking so long to release KillZone 2 because there basicly making it a perfect game. they repeatedly look it over for along time now making sure theres no mistakes, glitches, and just to play in an ultimate realistic feeling battle gorund. Its gonna be way better than Halo by far. and its probly going to recive game of the year for probly 2 years after its released. Now, im not a person that talks crap about other systems plz dont proceive me as that. Im just stating in what i belive. X box in my opion is O K all my buddys who baught X box 360 said to me.. when PS3 comes out its going to be the shittest system out. and i just said "will See" so it came out, baught it, to this day the system is woking perfect. all my buddies X box have already had to repair theres do to the " 3 rings of death" or what ever. I think PS3 can surpase everyone expectations, its just a matter of the game creator putting time into the disk.. Blue ray witch is "much more capable than Xbox format" can hold alot more detailed info thus better graphix. its just not many game companies put much time/hard work into a game when its released for both X box and PS3 so they need to have the same graphic capability. on the other hand if you see a game strict produced for PS3 for instance MGS its graphix are probly better than most X box games ever produced. But its a matter of opinion if you ask me.

I bet if Konami received enough emails about another gundam game they would take it into concideration..

Cheers

deadghost
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
one year war is actually pretty ideal setting for a more serious simulation style gundam game. the core combat is basic (and dare i say - slow paced). even the super prototype mobile suits aren't all that overpowered compared to standard shit the normal grunts get. it's the most amenable to a semi serious mechwarrior-ish piloting game.

stop being a fanboy. this might come as a shock to you, but i'm a fan of both macross AND gundam. no way! plus macross plus is hardly representative of the series. go sit through 50 episodes of macross7 and tell me how "mature" you think macross is now.

no offense to us ps3 owners, but it's three years past release and we're still waiting for that shit. killzone2 was supposed to take it there. after playing the demo, i don't really think it did. the ps3 is nice on paper but i have yet to see it overtake the 360 in practice. point is probably moot anyway, if you want to take a game to 'max' capacity, you need to get off consoles and take it to a modern pc.

the macross games have sucked just as bad as the gundam games (cough vf-x / vf-x2). the only decent macross game -ever- was the dyrl shooter on ps2. at any rate, doing macross style combat accurately in a arcadey sim is really impossible, imo. if it could be done right it would have been done by now.

LOL I knew someone was going to bring up macross 7....I hate macross 7 LOL (makes me think what where they smoking when they did that). Big fan of plus, zero, and DYRL, Its all good though. I do know though that they released a PSP macross game called ace frontier it looked good.

YouTube - PSP「MACROSS ACE FRONTIER」OP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-G7ZF7p_s)

WanganRunner
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
same type of game play like Zone Of The Enders would gurantee a great seller

YES

ZOE was the best controlling mech game ever made. The control scheme would work well for anything where people/mechs in the air are fighting.

I've always thought the ZOE scheme would also make a great DBZ game.

Anyway, I like Federation vs. Zeon DX, but it's still kinda clunky. Original series Gundam is sort of supposed to be clunky though, no mental interfaces, like driving a big walking tank.

I have Fed vs. Zeon as a Naomi GD-ROM and for PS2, although the arcade version is obviously way better. I don't have the cabinet, I'm using a supergun.

GUNDAM IS LIFE

SoSideways
02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I just caught an episode of the Gundam 00 last night on SciFi.

Was pretty intense.

Show was only half an hour long, but I swore it was like an hour long because of how much it sucked me in with the fighting sequence.

The last Gundam I really followed was Gundam Wing, and that one was kinda... eh... I didn't really like the story line too much.

I think my favorites so far is still Zeta, Double Zeta, and F-91.

If they could make a game out of those, that'd be pretty sweet... but like Enna already said, it probably wouldn't be the same, and it would be very hard to recreate the emotions and pace set by the actual anime itself.

tricky_ab
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm late the the party but my friend brought me back a PSP game from Japan when he went over the Christmas holiday. It's called Gundam vs Gundam and its a blast.. It plays like Virtua On (which is great too)...

Future240
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I've had a chance to check out Gundam 00 (thanks to Enna) and he is completely right, the show is tits. I think for a game to be good based of 00 it would have to be something that is not rushed out to apeal to fanboys. It would take a dedicated team to bring this game into a reality that doesn't suck. The game makers and the series writers would have to work together, the same goes for the show/game animators.

And we all know that shit isn't going to happen, so yea best we can hope for is a water down beat'em up that gives us a quick thrill but ultimately blows hard

aznpoopy
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
LOL I knew someone was going to bring up macross 7....I hate macross 7 LOL (makes me think what where they smoking when they did that). Big fan of plus, zero, and DYRL, Its all good though. I do know though that they released a PSP macross game called ace frontier it looked good.

YouTube - PSP「MACROSS ACE FRONTIER」OP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-G7ZF7p_s)

macross 7 is actually a bit closer in tone to the original show than plus/zero/frontier. kind of silly/campy. not that i blame them for it. it was the early 80s. everything was campy. you still see a bit of it in frontier, but they kept it in check this time (thank god).

SoSideways
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I've had a chance to check out Gundam 00 (thanks to Enna) and he is completely right, the show is tits. I think for a game to be good based of 00 it would have to be something that is not rushed out to apeal to fanboys. It would take a dedicated team to bring this game into a reality that doesn't suck. The game makers and the series writers would have to work together, the same goes for the show/game animators.

And we all know that shit isn't going to happen, so yea best we can hope for is a water down beat'em up that gives us a quick thrill but ultimately blows hard

I actually think that, if the anime writers and producers sat down with NINTENDO, and had a brainstorm session, then they would probably be able to come up with a legit video game based on the anime.

I mean, think about it, if it was on a Wii, then you can utilize both controllers, one for each arm, and then use a Wii Fit or something for the user to stand on, and whichever way he leaned, the Gundam or whatever suit you're in would fly/walk that way.

Do that from the cockpit view, and create a complete 3D environment like ZoE, and you should have a winner on your hand.

Enna
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
^Would be pretty fun, but knowing nintendo and bandai they would probably create their own style control mechanism. Probably still be fun as hell tho. Their main problem is that konami / bandai doesn't spend enough time and money on the development of the games as konami does with MGS. They were producing games quickly before, about every 6 months. They have started to take their time with it but they aren't getting any better.

PS3 games still haven't even tapped the potential of the system, not saying 360 has as well, just personal opinion. A truly great gundam game tho would require its own controller, completely custom for that game. This is also probably why they have avoided as such so far.

I get the argument over why the One Year War was chosen, and you are correct that it is the more accurate one in most terms. But I know they could pull off one of the other series with a fantastic game almost as well. Yeah they got faster, stronger, pull some crazy moves out of their ass, have insanely powerful abilities and weapons. Doesn't mean they can't pull it off. They just haven't heard enough of the fan cries about this, and even if I tried it would still take a long time for them to finally listen. Kinda mechwarrior style, but with that gundam touch. Probably a bad reference, never played mech warrior, all I know is it had a huge ass control system you could buy. Thought it would be like that lol.

SoSideways
02-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Is it called Mech Warrior?

I've played that game, and it's pretty crazy.

Have to flip switches at the beginning sequence just to even start your mech, then once you get the switches right, you have to hit a start button for it to start.

Pretty sweet stuff.

Other than those controls though, the game itself wasn't that great... it was kinda boring.

Anyway, yes, it would be cool to have a completely separate and unique controller just for that Gundam game, which could work as a double sided sword though... on the one hand, you'll have the die hards buying up the game because it's so dedicated and true to the Gundams, but on the other hand, it will cost a lot of money, and some people just can't afford it. Others that can, may not buy it because they cannot justify spending that much money on a single game.

Only reason why I mentioned Nintendo is because, their developers for games have always thought outside the box, and have always thought of new ways to utilize their systems and controllers to add to the excitement of the games, to the point of total immersion.

Total immersion would be a key point to the Gundam game, I think, because to be honest, all of us wants to be a Gundam pilot, not the rebel leader or the carriers' captain trying to plan their attacks by placing their mobile suits in strategic locations, ala a RTS game. While fun, that's not the appeal for the entire Gundam series.

However, to get total immersion, you would need that special controller, and you would also need some type of special game play, and almost virtual reality type graphics to keep the player immersed.

Graphics wise, I don't think the Wii would be up to the challenge, as the 360 and PS3 will probably be able to do it without breaking a sweat, or at least it will finally give their components a run for their money.

I just don't see any developers taking the time and dedication to come up with a game that will involve both the hardware (controller) and software side to come up with some outside of the box type solution.

BoostSlideWayz
02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
This game looks pretty fun lol

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4084/9373167306431f33ca6pg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Enna
02-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I agree with you completely SoSideways, we are a long time off until they decide to give us fans an incredible Gundam game. I would have to shit myself to consider it worthy of being a gundam game lol. I'm still hoping though.

I dont know why I never thought of a gundam RTS, that probably wouldn't be too bad. There's so many factions to choose from in the UC universe. It could probably work out pretty well. But still wouldn't be what us fans want. Total immersion is key to gundam, as the series sucks you in that way. The game would have to be considered as epic as the series. They are still a long ways off on that. And I really hope they prove me wrong.

My friends constantly tell me that if they ever do make gundams real, that I'd be one of the pilots. Not maybe, but a certainty. I laugh at it, but I would still hella do it. I'm always great a mecha based games, so they probably are right in saying that. I would drop everything and be a gundam pilot if I could, that would be fucking sweet!

BoostSlideWayz I think that is the gundam arcade game I mentioned previously. I was unaware there were screenshots out already. But it may be exactly what is NEEDED for the gundam gaming franchise.

Enna
02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
This just seems so right...

YouTube - æˆ¦å ´ã®çµ* ガンム€ãƒ (G-3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AVCdwSG28k)

And no I can't embed for shit for some reason.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AVCdwSG28k)

aznpoopy
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
senjo no kizuno does look pretty cool. not quite there imo. needs more direct control over the mech to do gundam justice (where pilot skill is everything - at least in 1 year war). that game uses alot of auto aim and the controls honestly seem kind of awkward. and the camera seems fixed forward. can't blame them though; it's an arcade game.

BoostSlideWayz
02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
senjo no kizuno does look pretty cool. not quite there imo. needs more direct control over the mech to do gundam justice (where pilot skill is everything - at least in 1 year war). that game uses alot of auto aim and the controls honestly seem kind of awkward. and the camera seems fixed forward. can't blame them though; it's an arcade game.

It would be soo awesome if they had somthing like this but what you were saying.. like more of a manual version. and not so old. i was never a fan of the old ones so much. even tho they were the ones that started it all i was just always looking forward to the high tech gundams. But im sure they would spend alot more money producing them then the machine paying for it self ya know ?

Enna
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Its a great base. Granted yeah I'm not the hugest fan of One Year War games, but I admit for this type of game it works really well. Yeah the game obviously has its downsides, but its atleast a step in the right direction. Yes its really simplistic, the camera is a 180 degree range, its a bit choppy on movements (I blame bad youtube video's). But its so far the best we have going for us. I would prefer to have more control over what I'm doing with it yes. But its based in the One Year War.

I dont know if you've seen it as much as I have but the suits didn't have too complicated of controls. It was actually about that simple, and the computer did the rest. I think it is a fairly accurate setup of One Year War type machines. Wing and up wouldn't be good for shit with controls like that. There's just too much going on with the new series to have a simplistic arcade style game like that.

Future240
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
That vid is most def a step in the right direction, but outside of arcades, I don't see it happening. That and I think that some mobile suits would be a bit too complicated for a cockpit control. I think the perfect gundam game will be 3rd person, but be a third person game that has cinematic camera angles during combat, and make you feel the strength and weakness of whatever mobile suit you are controlling

Enna
02-10-2009, 08:30 PM
It really is hard to do it right. 3rd person works most of the time on gundam games, kinda simulates what it would be like to be able to look 360 degrees. It would have to be a fully enclosed setup with motion controlled chair, and a 360 degree camera to even work good enough for the newer gundams. However thats not practical for home use, so 3rd person is best in that respect.

I'm still keeping hope that they will stop throwing all the gundam universe's into games and make a game that is completely original.

Edit: I did not know you could make your own gamepad.... I'm going to definitely revisit some gundam games with a new control setup.

Future240
02-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I hope they stop with the universe mash-up(barring battle Assault 2) Wing Gundam should never do battle with Gundam 1

Enna
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
RX-78-2 Gundam vs. Wing Zero is just unfair. The mash up games are getting old, altho a battle assault 2 style game again probably wouldn't be too bad. Could be alot better by now too. But Wing Zero vs. Strike Freedom would be a good matchup. But the age old RX-78-2 vs. Zaku II is still the best matchup of that era to me.

SoSideways
02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Just watched that youtube video from Enna.

That game looks awesome!

However, looks like they just have 2 hand controls? I'm pretty sure even the old RX-78 Gundam has foot controls.

I guess they sort of dumbed down the controls so it's a bit more user friendly... but still, like many of said already, at least it's a step in the right direction.

The reason why that game was 180 degrees is because the older Gundams did use monitors in front and to the side of the pilots, and that's it. It wasn't until the newer ones that they started with the 360 degree "total immersion" cockpits.

I think the F-91 was the first one to use something like that, although, it's been a very very long time since I've seen the Zeta Gundam and Double Zeta Gundam series... I think those might have had it too.

As for why the newer Gundams wouldn't make for a very good game, it would be because none of us are actually Super Soldiers, and we do not have the reflexes or abilities to sense the enemies' next moves, so in a sense, when the Gundam goes into "berzerk" mode when the pilot gets mad and all that, it would be way too fast for the player to do anything with it, unless it's all automated. At that point, it's pointless for the player to even play anymore if it's automated.

The One Year War makes a perfect platform for games simply because everything was simpler then, and is much easier to incorporate into games at the current time.

However, if we made RTS type games out of it, then I think it would be OK to span out and even do Gundam 00 out of it.

But I agree with all that, the best Gundam game would be a completely stand alone game, with Gundam elements (you know, Gundam(s) vs Zaku(s)) but will only be restricted to this game alone, with its own story line, characters, and most of all, special suits.

Shit, they could even make weapons specifically for these Gundams that will work specifically with the controls, that way it's almost intuitive on how to use it, instead of "Huh? What do I do? There's no button for that..."

Fans also wouldn't be able to say shit in regards to how the suits in this game would be controlled, or what the cockpit looked like, because it is unique to this game only, so the controls can be simple, yet realistic (if they put in the hours to figure out how to combine some movements to a single foot pedal press or a hand control twitch, etc.).

If someone's a game developer on here, or know of one, and can pitch a game idea out, I will help you brain storm and get this Gundam game off the ground lol I want to see it happen damnit.

Future240
02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Hm I just had a thought. How bout a gundam game using the Killzone 2 engine. Gritty realistic looking gundams, with massive firefights. Debris flying everywhere shards of metal ripping of mobile suits as bullets/missiles hit them. eh?

aznpoopy
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
The reason why that game was 180 degrees is because the older Gundams did use monitors in front and to the side of the pilots, and that's it. It wasn't until the newer ones that they started with the 360 degree "total immersion" cockpits.

I think the F-91 was the first one to use something like that, although, it's been a very very long time since I've seen the Zeta Gundam and Double Zeta Gundam series... I think those might have had it too.

totally dork moment, but i'm positive they came way earlier than that.

i am pretty sure the nu gundam and sazabi from char's counterattack 0093 had panoramic cockpits. in fact, i think most if not all mobile suits in that movie had the panoramic cockpits, including the jagd doga and the jegan.

i think they were shown in zeta/zeta2, but i'm fuzzy on those as well.

going back even earlier, the ginormous gp03 dendrobium stamen from 0083 had the panoramic cockpit as well. possibly the alex from 0080 too.

Hm I just had a thought. How bout a gundam game using the Killzone 2 engine. Gritty realistic looking gundams, with massive firefights. Debris flying everywhere shards of metal ripping of mobile suits as bullets/missiles hit them. eh?

killzone2's controls are so mushy it's practically a gundam game already. j/k.

the best mech game i personally ever played wasn't a mech game at all... it was the sequence in metal gear solid 4 where you blast your way out of shadow moses in rex and then duel liquid in a metal gear ray at the exit. really felt like you were in a giant mech that was powerful, heavy and maneuverable while being vulnerable and a little awkward all at once. a think a one year war mobile suit should feel similar.

Future240
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
the best mech game i personally ever played wasn't a mech game at all... it was the sequence in metal gear solid 4 where you blast your way out of shadow moses in rex and then duel liquid in a metal gear ray at the exit. really felt like you were in a giant mech that was powerful, heavy and maneuverable while being vulnerable and a little awkward all at once. a think a one year war mobile suit should feel similar.

That would be great for year one, but after that, the mobile suites move waay too fluid for something like that.

aznpoopy
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
after one year war, you could probably do it as a clunky FPS games with cover and melee system + jump jets and hover/flying for the mobile suits who can do. at least for fighting on the ground.

it's actually sort of been done already, albeit a long ass time ago. heavy gear 2 was basically a cross between mechwarrior and a FPS. not quite fluid enough, but it was made in the 90s. if you took the core gameplay idea, added a modern cover system to it (like gow / r6 vegas) and implemented a workable melee system it could definitely be a good gundam game.

Enna
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
In that arcade game I posted it actually does have foot pedals. Left one is for jumping, right one is for boosting. There's 2 buttons per handle, so I'm 95% sure its pretty similar to one year war status. They didn't start getting really complicated until around Double Zeta time. Even Zeta gundam had simple controls like this. Shit even Nu Gundam had simple controls like this lol.

When it comes to the newer series yeah, there would be alot of things we couldn't do. Its just too much for our bodies to take, even if its just a game. Sensory overload lol. The graphics engine would have to be better than anything we have out atm. And the system itself would have to have some crazy shit in it to even be able to pull this off w/o any lag.

I think the newer ones could be pulled off, just would have alot of computer input on whats going on. Player customization would be key as well. Suit, controls, actions, all of it. Hell if they made a game possible of any of this shit, I would hella pull a geek moment and build my own fucking cockpit.

BoostSlideWayz
02-11-2009, 02:18 PM

Man lol. We can only dream ha. If a Gundam Game had those graphix along with the ZOE game play style......... bandai would be maken sooo much profit cuz mostly the reason i belive they dont make many gundam games is because theres not nearly as many gundam fans here than japan obviously. but if they made a game relating to the definition you just said.... man i would buy it the day it came out... and never stop playing it. especially if it had online to fight side by side!:bowrofl:

Enna
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Who knows, we may get lucky. I got no new info but perhaps they may actually make something worthwhile soon. Till then I'm so down for that arcade one. Just the battles are way too short.

Future240
02-11-2009, 02:56 PM
perhaps so, but I know a game like I described would never happen. From what I remember about japan is that the gritty realistic games like kill zone, don't fair well there. And like Boostslidewayz said, there's more fans of gundam in japan than there is here.

sigh....

Enna
02-12-2009, 02:33 AM
While there may be more fans, alot of non gundam fans still want a great mech game. There hasn't been any. ZoE was great, I've had many epic battles. That system worked, still confuses me on how konami can't adapt anything like that for a gundam game.

Future240
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
^ I only played the demo, but when I did I remember wondering why gundam couldn't have a similar system. I say adopt the system, upgrade it, tone down the anime, up the grit

Enna
02-13-2009, 03:05 AM
I swear I need to just visit their offices and force them to make a good goddamn game. But I'm too lazy for that, so eh. I'll keep doing some research tho and keep you guys updated.

Btw future240 how you liking the series so far?
Boostslidewayz how you liking the second season?

Future240
02-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Liking it great, due to work and class (100 question online test, 3 hours total) I haven't had time to get past episode four, but. This weekend, it will be me and this computer for a couple of hours. The series is fantastic. Animation is fluid, visual are crisp as hell on this lcd screen, yea lovin it like a fat girl in a candy store

Enna
02-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Rofl. Glad to hear it. I find myself fiending like a crack whore waiting each week for the newest episode.

Its rare that I say this, but I am glad my opinion was changed on the One Year War. I mentioned before that one of the series I never saw was Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th Mobile Suit Team. Well I finally found it and am watching it atm, currently on ep 5. Seeing the One Year War from a normal soldier's perspective has made me actually appreciate what it really did for the whole gundam franchise. It completely portrays the transition from ground combat (tanks, foot soldiers, all that fun shit) to Mobile Suits. It shows how ground troops and mobile suits work together and its fucking great. I always did like the rough gorilla style combat, and this shows it.

Wow is about all I can say. Fucking wow.

Future240
02-14-2009, 08:07 AM
08th Ms team was another great series. I appreciate year one, I just don't want to play a game based of it. I prefer the more advanced mobile suits with better movement and weapons.

Enna
02-14-2009, 08:23 AM
I agree. I do love the advanced weaponry, speed, and just overall shit the newer gundams go through. Not so easily destroyed like in the original. I wouldn't mind playing a One Year War game that didn't revolve around the original Gundam. Its great and all, but come on.... its 30yo already lol. Atleast Zeta would be a step up.

In other news, bandai and konami have some in the dark gundam project they are working on. All I know is they have licensed an unreleased name. Yeah that info sucks ass but its all I could find.

And in more depressing news, still no new info regarding the next gundam series. Altho there is rumors of a 35th anniversary project in the works. Involving Yoshiyuki Tomino as the creator, FUCKING SWEET.

Future240
02-14-2009, 08:30 AM
I agree. I do love the advanced weaponry, speed, and just overall shit the newer gundams go through. Not so easily destroyed like in the original. I wouldn't mind playing a One Year War game that didn't revolve around the original Gundam. Its great and all, but come on.... its 30yo already lol. Atleast Zeta would be a step up.

In other news, bandai and konami have some in the dark gundam project they are working on. All I know is they have licensed an unreleased name. Yeah that info sucks ass but its all I could find.

And in more depressing news, still no new info regarding the next gundam series. Altho there is rumors of a 35th anniversary project in the works. Involving Yoshiyuki Tomino as the creator, FUCKING SWEET.

Bandai and Konami eh, meh it will probably be another washed out, gundam game. I will believe the 35th anniversary thing when I see it. If it does happen, it has to be good, otherwise there will be lots and lots of pissed of people.

Enna
02-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah no shit. I'm hoping for a turn around of current and previous projects. Maybe something will finally come out and wow us lol.

Future240
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Or maybe I fanboyism will blind us enough to make us think the game is great. (damn you matrix games)

Enna
02-14-2009, 06:38 PM
hahahahahaha.

BoostSlideWayz
02-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I was just lookin at those haro alarm clocks.. they look way cool. what do you guys think ?

Enna
02-15-2009, 01:22 PM
They aren't bad. I got a Ipod player that looks like a Haro. Thought it was funny.

BoostSlideWayz
02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Thats cool. Im actually thinking of ordering one.. but they only place that has like 1 in stock is ebay and there 100+ dallors on there. every there site i find that has em for like 50-65 are sold out lol.

Enna
02-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Lol yeah. Your kinda SoL there. But if you trust the ebay shit, you can give it a shot.

BoostSlideWayz
02-15-2009, 01:41 PM
hmm, ill have to think about it. cuz some guy told me to look up yahoo japan auction. they have lots. and at good prices.. but how much for shipping you know?

Future240
02-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Lol yeah. Your kinda SoL there. But if you trust the ebay shit, you can give it a shot.

I swear by ebay, the computer, and monitor I am looking at right now came from there.

Enna
02-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Good and bad situations on ebay for me. Got some good shit for the 240 from there, got some bad shit for other stuff from there. I'm just iffy on it. I dont trust the general populace with that kind of responsibility.

Future240
02-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Understandable, someone people have bad experiences.

On a mobile related note, finished episode 4, drool worthy

Enna
02-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Lol just watched ep 19 of the second season last night. As always it leaves me like a fiend for more. Fucking great episode tho.

Future240
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Lol just watched ep 19 of the second season last night. As always it leaves me like a fiend for more. Fucking great episode tho.

Unfortunately V-day kept me busy most of all day friday and saturday so I only got to watch one episode the entire weekend. I was able to squeeze on in last night though. Right after Operations Management. My two roommates were playing PGR 4 and makin fun of me.

oh another side note Gundam 00 + cranberry juice + vodka=:D:yum::bigok:

SoSideways
02-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Isn't there an ep on Sci-Fi tonight?

Future240
02-16-2009, 08:02 PM
^I don't know, I didn't even know it came on sci-fi

Enna
02-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah there should be. 11pm if I'm not mistaken. I dont know if they are still doing it however. 1st season ended on like feb 2nd or something. So I dont know if they are redoing it again.

Future240
02-17-2009, 06:36 AM
More than likely they are. Catch all the people who didn't see it the first time plus, those who want to watch it again

SoSideways
02-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Nah it wasn't on last night.

I believe it was Episode 19 or something on the 9th, called like Satsuma or something like that? (it's close, but I can only think of that name because of the town around FL that that little 5 yr old girl Haleigh is missing from)

Enna
02-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah I was disappointed. I've already seen the X movie like 5 times now, could've gone without a 6th time.

Is Setsuna the name your thinking of?

Future240
02-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah I was disappointed. I've already seen the X movie like 5 times now, could've gone without a 6th time.

Is Setsuna the name your thinking of?

The X movie?

Enna
02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah. Its supposed to be an apocalyptic tv series. They made a movie out of it. Pretty much sums it all up. Its not bad, but watch it too many times and you become bored shitless. Here's the link: X (TV) - Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=464)

ESmorz
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm playing through Gundam Battle Assault 2 because I lost the memory card that had the beaten game on it.

It's just as awesome as I remember.

BoostSlideWayz
02-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Got my model kit last night! didnt start on it today. took me awhile. its been about 6 years since i built one so it took me awhile.. http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9725/dscn3336wr1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ESmorz
02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
I found all of mine in a box the other day.

I even have one of the Huge RX-78 models the master grade ones. I remember I got it half off from this model shop that was going out of business. It was supposed to be like $120 and I got it for like 50 something. If models were cool, this would be the one.

Enna
02-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Nice, sweet looking exia. I almost picked up a 200 dollar Master Grade version of ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom, but then I got drunk. Missed out on that one lol. I want the one to come out of GN-0000+GNR-010 00 Raiser in Master Grade. I will gladly drop 300 bucks on that one.

Future240
02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
^Meh never was into building models

For those who have watched the series has anyone noticed a similarity between Setsuna, and Hero?

Enna
02-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah there is quite a bit of similarity. But there's always going to be that in a anime series. Just can't escape it.

WERDdabuilder
02-21-2009, 10:14 PM
http://www.geocities.com/saberflare2k2/epyon.jpg > all

ESmorz
02-21-2009, 10:37 PM
^^

http://www.perryandtsua.com/Gundam_Wing/Zechs/Zechs_Tallgeese1.JPG

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/g/gf13-006na.jpg

Tallgeese 1 and Gundam Maxter... Coolest Mobile Suits Ever.

Future240
02-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Best gundams ever

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/Gundam_Neko/20070209_20_04.jpg

and
http://www.staats.us/sonle/ew_d_hell_custom4.jpg

ESmorz
02-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Deathscythe in all forms is just bad ass but, I have always like the more random ones lol. Burning Gundam is like whatever. G Gundam definitely had the best cockpits though.

I also loved Zaku II for some reason.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/ms-06f2.jpg

Here's a few models I didn't have to dig through my garage to find. I made them when I was like 8-10. So I really just made them to play with them, not to look pretty.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/models.jpg

Antihero983
02-22-2009, 08:20 AM
I have a gundam epyon model as well as a small deathscythe model that ive put together, and an unassembled sandrock model.

I loved the OG Gundam HeavyArms though. the custom one was a bit too much for me.

Future240
02-22-2009, 08:48 AM
The custom one was the best imo

Antihero983
02-22-2009, 08:59 AM
^well dont get me wrong, I like both of em, but the regular one was simple and didnt have missiles coming out of every orifice lol

Future240
02-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Perhaps I'm a bit biased because the first time I saw heavy arms, was on Battle Assault 2, and that variation is the custom.

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I have every version of Heavy Arms in a box somewhere.

/nerd

WERDdabuilder
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I have every version of Heavy Arms in a box somewhere.

/nerd

i've lost all respect i had for you......

not that i had any at all, just sayin.

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 03:14 PM
i've lost all respect i had for you......

not that i had any at all, just sayin.

Man... I'm only 18.

I was just a wee chitlin when I made them 9 or 10 years ago.

:rofl:

WERDdabuilder
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
ha ok ill let that slide.

how do you guys paint your models?

i used my homies airbrush crap when i did put them together. my tallgeese III was the shiiiznit.

ESmorz
02-22-2009, 04:25 PM
i used my homies airbrush crap when i did put them together. my tallgeese III was the shiiiznit.

Lol you bitch.

:bow:

BoostSlideWayz
02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Ive always wanted to go to one of those gundam convetion places.. they have some amazing gundams there.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4097/26834775167e2af8ee16.jpg (http://imageshack.us) awesome

I just ordered the same model as this one \/

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/89/2618070453aa26038dd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

cant wait for it to come in. i also oredred the gundam fine point detail pen. it was so hard to detail my exia with the fine point sharpie to thick.

:EDIT: did some more detailing on EXIA http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8024/exia.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Antihero983
02-22-2009, 04:49 PM
TALLGEESE IS THE SHIT! I forgot about that one...

i need to cut the shit and put my mini sandrock together someday...

what do you dudes generally use for detail painting?

BoostSlideWayz
02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
TALLGEESE IS THE SHIT! I forgot about that one...

i need to cut the shit and put my mini sandrock together someday...

what do you dudes generally use for detail painting?

For mine i didnt use paint. but on this site GUNDAM<BR>Thousands of Items In Stock! (http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundam.html) you can get anything you want to make your gundam museum worthy. they have the main color for markers i think thats what they use. but air brush is good from making it look damaged

the 2 top ones red and white are astraea gundam. the prototype of gundam EXIA.

Enna
02-23-2009, 05:46 AM
Just cuz of how intricate it looks, i would get one of Strike Freedom. Yeah Gundam Seed sucked, but the gundam designs were pretty fucking tight. I'm in love with 00 Gundam. Add the 0-Raiser and its just fucking sexy. Two engines?! Can't fuck with that shit lol. Would most likely be back heavy tho lol. Its like a giant backpack, that makes you like 3x stronger.

Future240
02-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Yall can have the models, too lazy for that, i'll stick to the shows

BoostSlideWayz
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Yall can have the models, too lazy for that, i'll stick to the shows

Lol you should try it some time. get like 1/144. Its been awhile since i built one so it took me like 4 hours.. but in my opnion there so fun to build.

Antihero983
02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Just cuz of how intricate it looks, i would get one of Strike Freedom. Yeah Gundam Seed sucked, but the gundam designs were pretty fucking tight. I'm in love with 00 Gundam. Add the 0-Raiser and its just fucking sexy. Two engines?! Can't fuck with that shit lol. Would most likely be back heavy tho lol. Its like a giant backpack, that makes you like 3x stronger.

pics?? im lazy lol

Enna
02-23-2009, 05:06 PM
I was too lazy to get the pics last night lol. But here:

Strike Freedom:http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/EnnaZero/zgmf-x20a.jpg

00 Gundam + 0-Raiser:http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/EnnaZero/gn-0000gnr-010.jpg

Sorry if thats a spoiler for you two watching the series. My bad.

Antihero983
02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
I dunno man, strike freedon looks dope, but eh the other one is kinda...plain.

Enna
02-24-2009, 03:04 AM
Its different than traditional styling (strike freedom fits it best atm). It just grows on you when you actually see the series. At first I didn't like the designs, but shit the things that suit does in the series are just fucking crazy. It makes you speechless, quite literally. Not uncommon for drool to come out a lil lol.

Future240
02-24-2009, 09:40 AM
^Whelp that means I have to make more time in my week for gundam. I am about at 1-2 episodes a week.

ESmorz
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
If there is a model of this I'd consider buying it. Just because I haven't made one in so long.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5165/1408ib2.jpg

Enna
02-25-2009, 02:07 AM
There mostlikely will be. That suit is fucking crazy in the anime.

BoostSlideWayz
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
probly my fav enemy mobile suit wold be the flag - http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1820/littlethingsmeanalot204.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

He mest Exia up when he got the false gn drive. but i was so stoked when i saw the damaged exia in the second season XD!! but ive only seen 1-6. takes so long to down load. but i cant wait to see exia fuly restored with the avalanch. then there gonna have some serious ass kicking with raiser and exia.. insane

but when i saw that red one i was like dam that guys a bad ass.

Future240
02-25-2009, 01:08 PM
The flag's look anorexic to me. I miss the zaku's.

cuong_vo06
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
My favorite Gundam is The X20A Freedom, yall know that gundam right? lol oh and check this out, just came out in japan

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWnNtUCngXw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWnNtUCngXw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

its called the Gundam Pod, it looks badass

cuong_vo06
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
guess html dont work lol, heres the link

YouTube - Gundam Arcade Game-Pod [Instructional Video with English Subs!!!] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnNtUCngXw)

Enna
02-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah we talked about that already on like page 2 or 3. Its been out for awhile. Still dying to play it tho.

ESmorz
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
The flag's look anorexic to me. I miss the zaku's.

Idunno, personally I love them both.

From an engineering standpoint, the Flag seems like it would be a much more competitive mobile suit.

Anyone see the Seel gaurd mobile suits? They only showed them for like 2 seconds, they looked bad ass.

Future240
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Idunno, personally I love them both.

From an engineering standpoint, the Flag seems like it would be a much more competitive mobile suit.

Anyone see the Seel gaurd mobile suits? They only showed them for like 2 seconds, they looked bad ass.

You are right about that. Flags are more mobile, can change shape, among other things. But to me its like an s13 versus a 69 charger on a track. The S13 is going to corner a hell of a lot better and just overall be better suited for the track, but the charger is still a charger

BoostSlideWayz
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
You are right about that. Flags are more mobile, can change shape, among other things. But to me its like an s13 versus a 69 charger on a track. The S13 is going to corner a hell of a lot better and just overall be better suited for the track, but the charger is still a charger

Ehh ive never seen any good qualities with american muscle. drive like boats. power plants are basicly just all sound. generally just a bad ass looking car nothing more. you can get alotta power out of em but the weight will make the car about as fast as a slightly modified S13.

thats my opinion. maybe im wrong but the muscle cars ive driven in are just what i explained.

Antihero983
02-25-2009, 05:23 PM
^you never rode in my mom's bf's 1970 Chevelle SS that was a 9 second car.

that fucking thing scared me of all people, and cars never scare me.

BoostSlideWayz
02-25-2009, 05:30 PM
^you never rode in my mom's bf's 1970 Chevelle SS that was a 9 second car.

that fucking thing scared me of all people, and cars never scare me.

Thats cool, ive just never been a fan of american cars.

Enna
02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I used to be, then gran turismo came out. Completely fucked me from there lol.

I admit in a fight Flag vs. Zaku would be a tough one, flag would probably win. Flag vs. Gouf tho, gouf would win. I personally think a better analogy on that would be 240z vs. charger. I could definately be wrong tho.

Boostslidewayz: I really dont want to give away anything story wise, but yeah... you'll soon find out. Also the newer episodes are faster to dl than the older ones. Just works that way.

Future240: You enjoying it yet too?

Future240
02-25-2009, 10:42 PM
It seems to me, the zaku might have more power, but the flag could out maneuver it all day.

Yea I am enjoying it, so busy with work, school, that I am not even to episode 8 yet. But each episode presents a feeling of "oh shit"

ESmorz
02-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Why are you guys downloading them?

There are good quality streaming links for every episode as soon as they come out...

I already finished the second season in like 3 days.

BoostSlideWayz
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Why are you guys downloading them?

There are good quality streaming links for every episode as soon as they come out...

I already finished the second season in like 3 days.

Where is this O.o??

ESmorz
02-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Online Streaming Videos :: Gundam 00 Torrent Donwloads :: Gundam 00 Episode (http://gundam00videos.blogspot.com/)

They have links to all of season 1 & 2 (so far, new episode every Monday).

Enjoy.

Enna
02-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Oh shit I didn't even know about that. Hah learned something new. Kinda slow on the upload for them tho, I'm watching it sunday morning fully subbed...

Altho I get horrible streaming quality on my comp. I just prefer to dl them and keep the series. Besides it looks so much fucking better when I put it on my big screen :D

BoostSlideWayz
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Quality isnt the best but it deffinatly beats what ive been doing.. no offence enna.. its just for some reason it literally takes DAYS for episodes to down load and ive tried adjusting the speed usage to my internet speed but it just seems to be screwy.

Awesome find ESmorz

Future240
02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Quality isnt the best but it deffinatly beats what ive been doing.. no offence enna.. its just for some reason it literally takes DAYS for episodes to down load and ive tried adjusting the speed usage to my internet speed but it just seems to be screwy.

Awesome find ESmorz

What? took like 8 hours for all of the episodes to dl for me

BoostSlideWayz
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
What? took like 8 hours for all of the episodes to dl for me

Yeah idk whats wrong. i leev my computer on all day but it takes sooooo long. i think a server is mest up but i cant get it to work

Future240
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
That stream seems cool, but I prefer to have them on my comp. That way I can watch them again.

ESmorz
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
That stream seems cool, but I prefer to have them on my comp. That way I can watch them again.

I would DL shit but I am on crappy wireless so if I download stuff that means if I want to watch youtube shit or play a game it gets super laggy.

So streaming works best for me.

So has anyone seen the Seel Mobile Suits yet? (feel like such a nerd)

Future240
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
^ ah got you. This internet in the APT is stupid fast so DL for me, and naw I havent gotten to them yet.

ESmorz
02-26-2009, 09:42 PM
^ ah got you. This internet in the APT is stupid fast so DL for me, and naw I havent gotten to them yet.

Well don't blink because you might miss em. I really wish they would have at least fought because they looked like they might be really bad ass.

Future240
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Perhaps in season II.

ESmorz
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
A mod should just rename this thread The Gundam Thread...

Alright so it's from Season 2 ep.10. I screen cap'd it.

It's like a really pimped out flag.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/seelms.jpg

Future240
02-26-2009, 10:27 PM
They really should.

Damn, that's a nice flag. and it doesn't get to fight, hm that's quite lame

BoostSlideWayz
02-27-2009, 11:17 AM
OK, changed the thread head line. This thread has progressed alot further than i previously thought it would. looks like theres lots of gundam fans out there. YAY!

BoostSlideWayz
03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
:BUMP: hey guys, have any if you played killzone 2 ?? Theres a level where you operate a some what of a mobile suit and ohh man it got me excited... cuz now i KNOW they can do somthing like this for gundam. it was alot smaller scale. but so awesome to go around the level enilating the targets .. the graphics are amazing too! i play that level all the time now cuz it just reminds me of gundam so much.

Enna
03-03-2009, 07:32 PM
When the fuck did we hit page 7? Let alone I didn't even notice we got to page 6...

Anyways yeah there's alot of gundam fans out there, most are just in the closet. I'm still trying to find out shit on a new game, but they seem to be focusing on the Dynasty Warriors aspect for the time being. I expect another iteration of that game to come out that includes Seed and 00.

Boost you'll have to give me a screen shot of your screen when your trying to DL them. I might be able to help you out with it.

And yeah seeing how I'm guessing ESmors (too lazy to see if thats really it) is about where I'm at in the series, ep 21 for you too right? They look fancy but they dont ever do shit. Pretty sad.

On that topic as well ES, how do you like the masurao fight? I can't wait to see it finished :D

BoostSlideWayz
03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
idk how to do that screen shot thing.

ESmorz
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Print Screen button

and paste to any image editor

Enna
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
CTRL+ALT+PRTSC iirc. I usually do that, then go to Paint and copy. Then save and done. Send me pics of how your doing it, from dling the file and so-on. I'll try to correct any mistakes from there. You can get me on msn or aim. They are both in my info.

Future240
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
idk how to do that screen shot thing.

Look on your keyboard for a button that says

prtScrn
-------
Sys Rq

that is the print screen button, hit that, open paint, just click paste, and voila you have a screen pic

funny how we all posted at damn near the same time.