PDA

View Full Version : work meister 3 piece lips?

implayaz9
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
does any one know if WORK japan or usa sells meister lips? i have a set of meisters and wanna change the lips out. just thought i would ask if there is anything like this specially cause they are three piece wheels.
neel

kumasan616
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
not sure about a work specific lip, however any reputable wheel shop can easily repair/replace part of a hoop.

JDM_inspired
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
are you talkin about gettin them rebarraled?!

!Zar!
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Barrels are barrels.

Hit up RBmotoring.

They should be able to get you going.

captdyt
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I think that he means that he wants to put bigger or new lips on the Works

Logan
02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
does any one know if WORK japan or usa sells meister lips? i have a set of meisters and wanna change the lips out. just thought i would ask if there is anything like this specially cause they are three piece wheels.
neel

Yes, you can get replacement barrels and/or parts for 3 piece wheels through Work Wheels USA (http://www.workwheelsusa.com).

Keep in mind that just because a wheel is 3 piece doesn't mean it can be necessarily disassembled. Sometimes it could be a 3 piece welded, where the inner and outer barrels are welded together. You COULD break the weld and take them apart, but for obvious reasons that isn't recommended.

If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

implayaz9
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
i wanna keep the barrels and just wanna add bigger lips.

240trainee
02-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Both inner and outer "lips" compose the barrel.

Ask a work dealer about it.

Logan
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
i wanna keep the barrels and just wanna add bigger lips.

Yes keep in mind that it isn't just as easy as adding more lip on the outside

Depending on your current inner barrel now determines what the resulting choices you have as far as resulting fitment goes

Typically for the price/cost/time of changing barrels, sometimes buying a brand new wheel might be just as cost effective

tougemaster
02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I think they can but I rather just buy a new set of work S2

Will call work or local dealer like phase2motortrend

implayaz9
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
thanks guys... goin to call couple of places to check whats my options are..

DMaxUSA
02-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Actually, Work Meister 3 piece inner and outer barrels are actually pretty affordable. Contact Work Wheels USA, and they can help you out!

Kcheng
02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know of any company that can make new outter barrels/lips?
I have some old work equips that need widening and I heard kodiak doesnt do them anymore..

implayaz9
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Actually, Work Meister 3 piece inner and outer barrels are actually pretty affordable. Contact Work Wheels USA, and they can help you out!
so the "lips" which i am talkin about are called outter barrels?..just wanna make sure what i am talkin about. my aim to get bigger lips and not the barrel itself

DMaxUSA
02-05-2009, 11:56 PM
so the "lips" which i am talkin about are called outter barrels?..just wanna make sure what i am talkin about. my aim to get bigger lips and not the barrel itself

Outer barrel is the lip. If your aim is to get a bigger lip, you just have to order whatever width you want. Since you will be adding extra "meat" to the rim on the outside, your inner clearance will stay the same, and will result in less offset.

Also, I just learned that Meister barrels are offered in clear coat finish or anodized finish. Anodized has a higher luster, but is not protected from the elements. Clear coat finish will give you added protection, but tends to become hazy over time, and you can't polish it out unless you strip the clear coat.

implayaz9
02-06-2009, 07:49 AM
thank you.. good info.. i guess i will do my measurments and call work usa to see whats available.

Chernobyl
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Kodiak Racing Wheels - Custom lightweight race wheels for performance and racing (http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/)

These guys make aftermarket barrels or half-barrels for BBS wheels. Very popular in the VW tuning world. They can do anything as long as you give them the proper dimensions.

Logan
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I think they can but I rather just buy a new set of work S2

Will call work or local dealer like phase2motortrend

The Meister S2 (technically S2R) is discontinued

For Work's current lineup, you can view them here (http://www.workwheelsusa.com/category.php)

thank you.. good info.. i guess i will do my measurments and call work usa to see whats available.

If you know what the wheel, sizing, and offset is for a Work wheel (assuming its a 3 piece wheel), you can figure out exactly what's possible for the resulting fitment

Consult any Work Wheels authorized dealer and they should be able to help you, or if you want, PM me with the info and I can explain to you how it works

Brian
02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
ahem, I have a set of S2R that I'll probably put up for sale again soon.

ahem...
Work Wheels.

props.

LM707
08-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow you guys are the syeet. I am getting a set of oz opera II's (looks like eurolines) that has no kind of lip at all but from the sources you provided me with, this baby is gettin a 4" VIP lip mounted on there pretty soon.

roboticnissan
08-25-2009, 12:01 PM
wow didnt know you could do this at all

implayaz9
08-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow you guys are the syeet. I am getting a set of oz opera II's (looks like eurolines) that has no kind of lip at all but from the sources you provided me with, this baby is gettin a 4" VIP lip mounted on there pretty soon.
where are u ordering ur lips from?

99maxgtr
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
yes i'm interested as well.
oh and logan i'm sending you a pm....
i want to get more lip for my miesters up front.
oh didn't know this thread was so old but i guess it doesn't matter.