PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Rogers

whateverjames
02-27-2003, 10:42 PM
So...How many people enjoyed watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. I thought the show was pretty damn cool when I was a kid. Taught me a lot of things. I was looking through the website and found a clip of the episode where they make Crayons and just watched it again. I always liked the jazzy piano music during the show too.

http://pbskids.org/rogers/parents/sitemap.htm

jerzee
02-27-2003, 10:59 PM
rest in peace my neighbor!

blaqsilvia
02-27-2003, 11:03 PM
my favorite past time 12 years ago -- sigh- memories-- r.i.p.!

DRO916
02-27-2003, 11:21 PM
man...im really gonna miss ya Mr. Rogers...you'll always have yer place in my childhood...

AmherstSR20DET
02-27-2003, 11:26 PM
It truely is sad to hear about something like that. I watched him so much when I was a kid. At least he had a long and full live.

jerzee
02-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Mr. Rogers died of cancer... it wasn't a complete life... our childhood friend was taken away from us... well he's in a better place and will continue to bless us with his teachings in his afterlife...

We will remember you!

MorganS13
02-27-2003, 11:52 PM
he was my ****ing role model :( **** i should've followed his example more, god damnit

seriously though, he brings back so many good memories. i wish i was as care-free now as i was back then

whateverjames
02-28-2003, 12:29 AM
He was always there to tell you that you are special and that there is nobody else like you. Now whether that's a good thing or not, I dunno. :p He did get a Lifetime Acheivment Award. He's done a looot of things that would take a few lifetimes for some people to do.

SilviaDriver
02-28-2003, 02:00 AM
he rocked. he died of stomach cancer i think. pretty sad. his show was awsome.

chinesefood2go
02-28-2003, 02:57 AM
I guess i will crying myself to sleep tonight :( . I guess now, kids these days will never understand Mister Rogers like we did. It is surely one sad sad day in the neighborhood.

mrmephistopheles
02-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Mr Rogers is my hero. Calm, unassuming, and friendly - AND a world class sniper with quite a few confirmed kills.

christopher
02-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes, perhaps the saddest part of this is that our children will now only have Initial D to raise them with the proper values. I am afraid of what will happen to our kids with all of the new role models our there. None of them are as upstanding as Mr. Rogers.

sigh, now I can't trust the TV anymore.

ca18guy
02-28-2003, 07:35 AM
Mr Rogers is my hero. Calm, unassuming, and friendly - AND a world class sniper with quite a few confirmed kills.

^^^^^^ Urban Legend

I can't even begin to describe how much his show ment to me as a kid. Its the only one I can remember so vividly before I even entered grade school. TV lost one of its truely kind, caring personality’s and I only hope that the show is still being played on the air when I have kids.

christopher
02-28-2003, 08:03 AM
Yes, he truly was a great man. I would also add that his show and Sesame street set the standard for childrens daytime television that is now followed in America, wich makes him an industry pioneer as well as a childs best friend.

syco3d
02-28-2003, 10:24 AM
I don't mean any dis-respect...but I hated that show. I guess is was just too slow for the little ADD boy that I was.

But for every1 else that loved it, there definitly must have been somthing good about it. :D

jerzee
02-28-2003, 11:27 AM
it was a lil slow but that's how you learn... take slow steps... if u sat there and watched it was very educational... i think im gonna buy some of these tapes to save for my kidz in the distant future because they sure aint gonna learn **** from jerry springer!

96SEChick
02-28-2003, 10:37 PM
I loved to watch Mr Rogers. I loved the Trolley!! I'm sorry that he died of cancer, but he is in a better place now and living even closer to the type of life he tried to teach us to create--our own personal heaven.

I loved the crayon episode--I just watched it and I still learned something! I've never seen that done before!

This is actually very interesting:
Mr Rogers Closet Facts (http://pbskids.org/rogers/R_house/funfactlist.htm)

Saul240
03-01-2003, 11:20 AM
yeah, im going to miss him, i remember him in my todler years :D...wont you be my neighboor?

WaKeMaN
03-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Our sweater wearing friend is in a far better neighborhood now.

My condolences.