PDA

View Full Version : Help with my daily!!!!! Stereo

wow-thats-a-cool-car
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Ok I have an alpine stereo I want to instal into my 2005 Chevrolet Silverado but I'm having trouble. Ok I bought one of those harness plugs and its said just match up the colours and the stereo works. Wrong chevy has some weird wiring because the wire that is the switch on power only gets 3 volts wtf? and the stereo doesn't work.

I looked around the web and couldn't really find anything so any help is appreciated.

My friends dave (nismob13) and ryota (xxkamakasistormxx) looked at it and it stumped both of them.

cc4usmc
02-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Does it do anything at all? Light up, static etc.

HyperTek
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
the wire with 3 volts is probably just that, a switch.. posibly ignition. there should be a wire thats constant positive.

wow-thats-a-cool-car
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
There is a constant and the switch gets 0 when the car is off then 3 when the car is on. And the constant gets 12. And nuthing at all happens

cc4usmc
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
You made sure to ground it right?

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
The 3 volt wire is to keep the memory on your radio if im not mistaken. I can possibly take a look at it tomorrow night if you still havent figured it out.

wow-thats-a-cool-car
02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
maybe I have the constant and the switch mixed up
that might be the problem

My license is suspended until the 24th so I have a little bit of free time. I'll look at in after school tomorrow

Edcel
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
in that truck you need to run an accessory line from the fuse box. there is no ACC on that harness. its not that hard but if you don't know what you're doing it could be challenging. pm me if you have any questions. i used to install for circuit city but were going out of business.

wow-thats-a-cool-car
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
in that truck you need to run an accessory line from the fuse box. there is no ACC on that harness. its not that hard but if you don't know what you're doing it could be challenging. pm me if you have any questions. i used to install for circuit city but were going out of business.

chill chill dude
ill ask ryota or dave to help me there pro at wiring....hopefully I can pass the info on to them.

Is this straight forward? I'm a noob at wiring.

Is there some kind of diagram or like instruction manual on how to do this?

Edcel
02-03-2009, 07:13 PM
its pretty straight forward.
step 1. find fuse box[on driverside next to lightswitches on door side]
step 2. get inline fuse tap for what ever size you need. http://www.autotoys.com/pics/fusetaplarge1.jpg
step 3. find an 12 ACC source in fuse box with test light or multimeter
step 4. tap to fuse on the side with no power[VERY IMPORTANT]
step 5. connect a female spade to new power.http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:_DB-iWYLy5MuIM:http://www.jimruffi.com/images/shopping/female_spade.JPG
step 6. run new 12v ACC to red on radio harness. solder/crimp/whatever and voila!
DONE.

silviaguy240
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
what year is your truck. i could get some pics of the setup tomorrow in my silverado.

edit, duh its a 05. but i'll get some pics tomorrow.