PDA

View Full Version : UPS shipping...complete BS!!!!!

C-unit
01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I recently sold a set of wheels with tires on another forum. I shipped them with UPS with brand new boxes, however, when the buyer recieved the wheels, there are only 3 left!!!!! 1 of the front is missing. Appearently, UPS repackaged the boxes and forgot to put the wheels back in. I have no idea why they would re-package the wheels. The buyer filed a claim to UPS but he said if everything turns out sour, he would need a refund. :tweak::tweak: I tried not to be mean or anything but thats not really my fault when UPS fucked shit up. I mean I would feel like shit if that happens to me but I wouldn't ask for a refund.:squint::squint: I don't know what I should do now, I don't want to ruin my rep but I don't want to take the hit of the lose as it is not my fault nor I can afford giving him a refund.
END RANT

Please give me some input of how to handle this mess. :bowdown::bowdown:

* The wheels I sold is a set of Garson deep Racing 18x9.5 +16 18x10.5 +16 with tires. So it is pretty much impossible to find a single front as they were discontinue.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc239/GenerisLabo/wheels/IMGP5187.jpg

stiizy
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Technically the wheels are yours till he receives them, then can't do nothing bout it...

What did UPS say about the wheel??

do they know where it's at??

Why would they even open it and repack it??

JoeC1982
01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I hope you got the insurance.

Sleepy240
01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
The whole situation sounds kinda shady IMO... UPS is definitely at fault, and I didn't think they could just "repackage" products? Maybe I'm mistaken

aziankingz
01-29-2009, 02:09 PM
you need to call UPS and file a claim as well since you are the seller.. hope it all works out.. seems shady that they would repackage, maybe did had to do a check since i assume you are shipping to the US?

iTZ_Mik3
01-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Technically the wheels are yours till he receives them, then can't do nothing bout it...

What did UPS say about the wheel??

do they know where it's at??

Why would they even open it and repack it??

that is true though.

I hope you got the insurance.

hopefully insurance covers that.

but to OP
it does sound really shady on UPS.

DALAZ_68
01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
thats why u get insurance...i have ot go and deal with a matter about a turbo due to UPS's shitty service, fuecken sucks cuz now im assed out a turbo that i really wanted ot upgrade, UPS blows, i havent had issues with FEDex yet...***knock on wood***

C-unit
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
See the thing I don't understand is that why they would repackage it. I actually drove across the border and ship it from the state just to save some shipping and duty for the buyer.

The buyer already filed a claim to UPS and UPS said they will look for the wheel. If not, they will issue him a refund or whatever. however, if UPS is going to refund the wheels, he would need a refund from me because he doesn't want 3 wheels.

Any up to this point, Everything for this matter was told by the buyer as it is not first hand information from me. I give him the benefit of doubt that he is trying to screw me over because he doesn't want the rim. But can he file a claim through paypal???

Kaos_S13
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Did you insure the shipment? I would assume if the wheels were that rare you would have added insurance or at least declared the value of the shipment, unless you lied about value to pay less at Customs.

What UPS service were you using? (i.e. 1st Day? ground? WW Express etc etc..)

What was the packaging type? you are bound by UPS service agreement and terms when shipping something especially pertaining to the packaging material.

My Tip:
Your the shipper, the receiver doesn't hold much ground when filing a claim, if YOU file it and work your way up to a UPS rep (not customer service an actual Rep for your region) you will most likely get your money back if you declared a value.

EDIT: didn't read that you had drove across the border to ship them before posting.

DALAZ_68
01-29-2009, 02:17 PM
yes he can...u know that button that ask if u want to file claim, yeah very easy to click on...all he has to choose is did not recieve item (or somehting that sides with him not getting what was described, u were selling 4 wheels, he only got 3, get it?)

i really hope u insured it...otherwise, ur totally shit out of luck on it

stiizy
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
But can he file a claim through paypal???

Anyone can file a dispute...

just gotta see how it works out..

But from what i learned unless it Commercial to Consumer..

Paypal really doesn't get into it..

.................................................. ......

Another thing.. I don't think you insured the shipment it's been asked like 6 times and still no answer so i'm gonna take that as a no and say that you're assed the fuck out if you didn't

Bubbles
01-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry about that.

My unicycle's stance just wasn't doing it for me, so I hooked it up with some offset.

aziankingz
01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
yes he can file a claim with paypal.. and if he really wants to screw you..he will screw you.. i say call ups and get first hand information.. why wouldnt you in the first place?

C-unit
01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Did you insure the shipment? I would assume if the wheels were that rare you would have added insurance or at least declared the value of the shipment, unless you lied about value to pay less at Customs or if you l

What UPS service were you using? (i.e. 1st Day? ground? WW Express etc etc..)

Like i said, I drove it across the border to ship it just to save him the tax n duty and shipping. Yes I am a nice guy. I bought full insurance for the wheels, however, only 1 is lost so now what..they are going to pay for 1 wheel!!!??? what am I going to do with the only front?? It's not like I can use the money that UPS gives me to get another one from Japan.

Btw, I shipped UPS ground.

I am actually pretty upset about this as the wheels cost some big $$$.:cry::cry:: And I have to cover up UPS's fault

yes he can file a claim with paypal.. and if he really wants to screw you..he will screw you.. i say call ups and get first hand information.. why wouldnt you in the first place?

I called UPS and they said the receiver already file a claim. So really, there is nothing I can do up to this point.

kyoru
01-29-2009, 02:22 PM
well for one you don't have to refund shit cause it's not your fault

Brian
01-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, from my experience, UPS doesn't really give a shit... especially with car parts.

They DID seem to lose it which is their fault. They might have repackaged it because they employ little c-sucker high school kids who don't care about anything and will damage the box/contents. They may have reboxed it because of this.

There SHOULD be labels on the box that say where it is going and it should be able to be tracked.

I hope you get the money you are looking for. You probably have a chance.

Seems like you might just have to give him back his money and keep the money.

sucks pretty bad at any rate.

Kaos_S13
01-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Like i said, I drove it across the border to ship it just to save him the tax n duty and shipping. Yes I am a nice guy. I bought full insurance for the wheels, however, only 1 is lost so now what..they are going to pay for 1 wheel!!!??? Uh yeah?
I've had UPS destroy one pallet out of a freight shipment of 8 and I fought with them until they refunded the pallets value.

what am I going to do with the only front?? It's not like I can use the money that UPS gives me to get another one from Japan.

I am actually pretty upset about this as the wheels cost some big $$$.:cry::cry:: And I have to cover up UPS's fault

Did you declare an overall value or the value per package (this is assuming you shipped each wheel individually)

C-unit
01-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Another thing.. I don't think you insured the shipment it's been asked like 6 times and still no answer so i'm gonna take that as a no and say that you're assed the fuck out if you didn't

I just type slow..but yea..as my previous post, I bought full insurance.

DALAZ_68
01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Like i said, I drove it across the border to ship it just to save him the tax n duty and shipping. Yes I am a nice guy. I bought full insurance for the wheels, however, only 1 is lost so now what..they are going to pay for 1 wheel!!!??? what am I going to do with the only front?? It's not like I can use the money that UPS gives me to get another one from Japan.

it all depends, did u ship them in one box, because if u did then they seize the wheels, and pay you the full amount for all four wheels...if you shipped each one by itself, then ur SOL since theyll only pay you for the indvidual rim itself and u or the buyer is stuck with an incomplete set...

because wen i sent a steering rack and tension arms wiht USPS they lost the tension arms after totally fucking up the box, only the rack was left but they shipped the box back to me for w/e dumb excuse, when i filed, i was screwed and had to give them the rack to collect the full amount ...sucked

ANVIL
01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
id be on over at UPS talking to a supervisor not posting here

C-unit
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Uh yeah?
I've had UPS destroy one pallet out of a freight shipment of 8 and I fought with them until they refunded the pallets value.

Did you declare an overall value or the value per package (this is assuming you shipped each wheel individually)

well..wish me luck cuz really..having 3 rims back + cash is worse than have a pair. :bash:

I declare overall value on each packages. I shipped 2 wheels in 1 box so there are 2 packages. So hopefully they will pay me back for the value for the 2 wheels that were in the box.

stiizy
01-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I just type slow..but yea..as my previous post, I bought full insurance.

so you should be good.........

Kaos_S13
01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
well..wish me luck cuz really..having 3 rims back + cash is worse than have a pair. :bash:

I declare overall value on each packages. I shipped 2 wheels in 1 box so there are 2 packages.

Woah woah woah..... so it was two packages total with two wheels each?
CHA CHING MA FRIEND

Things you need to get a refund fast:
Receipt with price originally paid for the 4 wheels
Receipts for the shipping, insurance etc etc
Receipt for the tire (if a tire was mounted on the wheel that was lost)
You need to be able to prove the rarity of the wheels (We had a situation that was similar at my work while we were borrowing some seriously rare computers where one was misplaced... when UPS saw the replacement cost as faxed via invoice they suddenly "found it" and the funny part is they asked for the actual value over and over because they didn't believe the actual value presented by the company on the invoice)

the only thing they can get you on now IMO is depending on your packaging material... if it was sub-standard and they had to repackage for you then your gonna have a harder time getting any cash BUT if your packaging was superior it should be a cake walk.

C-unit
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
CHA CHING MA FRIEND

^^ i dont get this.

Thanks for the advice though I will gather up the receipt. The packaging was more than awesome, brand new boxes that is made to fit the wheels with tires. Divider between lips so they dont get scratch.

Kaos_S13
01-29-2009, 03:05 PM
CHA CHING MA FRIEND

2 wheels in 1 box and there are 2 packages..do the math please. 2wheels in a box x2 boxes = 4 wheels!!! YAY!!!

Thanks for the advice though I will gather up the receipt. The packaging was more than awesome, brand new boxes that is made to fit the wheels with tires. Divider between lips so they dont get scratch.

Only trying to help you, but I guess I can go back and do the math.

What I meant by packaging was the cardboard... was it double wall or single wall thickness? UPS could give two shits less if you have a piece to prevent scratching.

Your trying to prove your packaging was substantial enough that it DID not need repackaging, and there is NO reason other than UPS's fault that the contents/ portion of contents where missing from the shipment upon arrival to end destination. That is what I meant by two total packages and each package containing two wheels.
If you did not have the proper cardboard thickness for the weight and bulk of the contents they will deny your claim stating that you provided sub-standard packaging material that does not comply with UPS terms and service agreement.

JohnJohn86
01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
some UPS drivers are shady, our company shipped some expensive metals out and some pieces were missing and one time only the box arrived.

C-unit
01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Only trying to help you, but I guess I can go back and do the math.

What I meant by packaging was the cardboard... was it double wall or single wall thickness? UPS could give two shits less if you have a piece to prevent scratching.

Your trying to prove your packaging was substantial enough that it DID not need repackaging, and there is NO reason other than UPS's fault that the contents/ portion of contents where missing from the shipment upon arrival to end destination.

Sorry, The math parts was my bad. LOL..I read CHA CHINA MAN...lol then I was like..WTF...is there something wrong with my explanation??? so i typed the math comment. That i realize there is something wrong..so I realize it is CHA CHING MA FIREND, not china man. lol..sorry my bad.. I apologize. :smash:

I talked to UPS and told them the boxes are new and there is ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING WAY you guys need to repackage them. Then the representative told me shit happens and they break during shipping even the package is good enough. So I asked you've admitted its you guys fault then!!?? She then told me they will investigate..bunch of BS.

airforceone451
01-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Lmao, UPS sucks dick. I was angry when newegg switched from fedex to ups...:bash:

K_style
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I work at shipping company and we do business with UPS for domestic shipments.

they do not have such thing as insurance.

all you do is list value of goods you are shipping and shipping costs goes higher

according to your goods value.

and last we shipped out about 55 bigboxes of NIKE AIR JORDAN to OR

each box were contained 8 pairs of shoes.

our customer only recived 53 boxes... wth..

I listed full value of 440 pairs of shoes and i had to call UPS everyday for claim.

they should give you a form to fill out what is missing and value of missing goods.

if you did not list value of your 4 wheels you might get more dufficult to get your money.

and i have never ever EVER heard of UPS repacking your shit !!!

they are NOT that kind.

last time when package was damaged we didnt get NO refund because

there was Recommanded packing way by UPS and our packing didnt meet their standards.

but your case is missing goods so i think you are able to get your money back.

again IF you only listed full value of goods.

and person who got the wheels should have noticed when package was delivered and

he/she should have not sign for P.O.D ( proof of delivery )

it could be some kind of joke by buyer too.

anyways GOOD LUCK !

LeftNutOfGowd
01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Fedex>ups.....

K_style
01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
fedex>ups.....

fedex > usps > dhl > ups

s13boy89
01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
what i don't get is that it was 2 wheels per box and when they sent them it was 1 wheel a box or what? also if they repacked them with both rims to one box then why was there only three?

C-unit
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Maybe I didn't say it clearly before but here we go:

- There are 2 white boxes and each box contain 1 front and 1 rear wheel.
- Upon deliever, 1 of the boxes was repackage with a brown box and there are 2 wheels inside.
- The other one also get repackaged but with the white box and there is only 1 wheel inside.

I know that because the buyer told me I shipped the wheels in 3 different boxes. So he sign the 2 pack and was waiting for the last one but it didn't come. He then called me and I sold him why would there be 3 boxes, I gave two tracking number only.. Then he told me it came with 2 different boxes, one brown one white. And the white box only has 1 wheel inside.

Akiros
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
i've had issues with fedex but not ups. They lost a pair of tires, the explanation they gave me was that "the door from a truck flew open". Either way, shipping companies suck, and you have to fight HARD to get what you DESERVE. If they would have provided the service that they advertise, there would be no problem at all. I really hate them, but what else can you do? drive it to them or sell locally ? yeah right.

lflkajfj12123
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
UPS sucks straight donkey dick

i just shipped out r33 wheels a week ago with fedex

that shit isn't even rare but i insured both packages for face value

worst thing you could ever do shipping expensive things is not insure it

too many people have been fucked over because of UPS sucking ass

RIMTUCK
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM

Homer_Simpson
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I was sent something that was repackaged by the USPS once. They included a letter apologizing for damaging my package. While I'm on the subject of the USPS, they lost my converted harness that I dumped a crapload of time into. Fortunately, I got insurance and working to resolve this with them.

Matej
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Ugh, when my wheels arrived, the dude threw them off the truck onto the cement face-down, made me cringe and cry inside. He was on the phone with his girlfriend the entire time.
I think that was FedEx though.

Those Garsons are awesome. Hope the missing one is found. How long ago did the buyer receive them? I've heard of wheels showing up individually over a span of a few days.

Zacho
01-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Dude that sucks,

I bought a steering wheel with some dish from a member on here, and just like you C-unit, it crossed the Canada/US border and when I got it, the wheel had almost no dish to it. The box was MANGLED and it looked like someone jumped on it...So now I'm trying to sort it out. However, I personally did NOT ask for a refund or anything...wasn't the sellers fault. I gave him good feedback, and its my problem now. However, these weren't discontinued wheels.

ZenkiKid
01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
the only problem ive had with UPS (happend twice) is that I would be waiting for a package on the expected date WITH MY DOOR OPEN and me being 6 feet away from the door and I never hear the Doorbell at all, then suddenly id refresh the UPS page and it said that they came to my house and that theyll have a 2nd attempt, lazy asses dude i swear.

alindeman1989
01-30-2009, 12:51 AM
dam that sucks ass. Local pick up only ftw. Yeah my buddy works for ups and saids they damage shit all the time then just take it. hella fucked up.

C-unit
01-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Ugh, when my wheels arrived, the dude threw them off the truck onto the cement face-down, made me cringe and cry inside. He was on the phone with his girlfriend the entire time.
I think that was FedEx though.

Those Garsons are awesome. Hope the missing one is found. How long ago did the buyer receive them? I've heard of wheels showing up individually over a span of a few days.

The buyer received it yesterday..so hopefully they find it. It would suck for my buyer to live without 1 rims. nor it sucks for me to refund him the money n stuck with 3 rims..

90hatchie
01-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, from my experience, UPS doesn't really give a shit... especially with car parts.

They DID seem to lose it which is their fault. They might have repackaged it because they employ little c-sucker high school kids who don't care about anything and will damage the box/contents. They may have reboxed it because of this.

There SHOULD be labels on the box that say where it is going and it should be able to be tracked.

I hope you get the money you are looking for. You probably have a chance.

Seems like you might just have to give him back his money and keep the money.

sucks pretty bad at any rate.

high school kids dont work at ups :-)
gotta be 18
and most of the time if a box is smashed its due to a jam in the belt

stiizy will know what im talking about since he worked in the same building as me

yokotas13
01-30-2009, 04:41 AM
garson wheels are not discontinued....i cna get a deep racing wheel still

SimpleS14
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Also I have a co-worker who use to work for UPS and says a guy there would randomly take stuff and says "don't worry, insurance will cover them". O_o

wow thats pretty messed up. :-/

I haven't had issues with UPS before when I shipped out rims, but this case does seem shady. I've had USPS repackage my stuff before it was crossing the border and had to be inspected by customs.

IDK what to say, but to wish you good luck and I hope they find the rim.

stiizy
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
gotta be 18

stiizy will know what im talking about since he worked in the same building as me

For real though.................

Brian
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
gotta be 18

Interesting.
I went through 3 interviews at UPS when I was in high school. I don't know if you know this, but most Seniors will be 18 at some point in the year.

I saw first hand how those bastards handle packages.
Don't bullshit me.
edit : of course this isn't ALWAYS going to be the case. Maybe it's just Southern California that is filled with little jerkoffs.

I have had WAY too much stuff broken by UPS to consider them a "good" company.