PDA

View Full Version : ILoveJDM - Proceed With Caution

ManoNegra
01-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Bought the valences he had for sale here:

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/232923-fs-jdm-180sx-aero-sale-skirts-kouki-3-piece-valence.html

I PMd

very reasonable
out of 10, how are they?
any cracks, scrapes, tears, etc?
when would you be able to ship?
and what's your paypal address?

-Juan

He responded

out of 10 i would say they were a 9 if not 9.5
there is no damage on them, under could use some good scrubbing though, it looks like scrapes but im pretty sure its just built up dirt.

I will need 2 days from the time payment clears to deal with taking them off, finding a box, and fedex paperwork.

I get
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3048/image460xs7.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7531/image461zp2.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/580/image462xg7.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4628/image463bt0.jpg

So I let him know

Got the valences today
noticed some small cracks on the sides and a tear on the center piece.
Definitely not 9 or 9.5 out of 10.
Leaving you iTrader rep accordingly.
-Juan

He doesn't like it

thats pretty weak man, dont get mad at me for shipping damage, there is insurance on the package. taking it up with moderators, if its not resolved that way expect to have equal rep

I answer

I'm not mad whatsoever
I understand that used parts aren't perfect
I still think it was a good deal
the cracks and tear on them aren't from shipping
I just wish you'd have disclosed that
I would have still bought them.
btw, I got pictures I can post if you like
-Juan

He's last response

I would take responsibility if they were cracked. i check everything i ship out for flaws. stop trying to pass this off as my fault, when it clearly isnt. if you have damaged goods, you can report to fedex directly to take care of it.

His attitude and the iTrader rep he left me:
Negative Left me neg rating for shipping dmg? refuses to listen, cant work with this guy
Is what made me write this review
I didn't expect anything from him other than maybe an acknowledgment and some honesty.

Again, I'm not upset
For the price I paid I still think it was a good buy and I can have them fixed, no biggie
I'm not naive enough to expect perfect condition out of body parts that came off a track car
Just wish he would have been a little more upfront.
You guys be the judge.

1eightySX
01-28-2009, 08:58 PM
To be Honest I have seen those both on and off the car and they were in great shape. In fact, to do you one further I actually loaded those onto the trailer and they I would say they did not look like they do now. However I will say this, shipping with Fedex ground is hit or miss. I once sent some furniture that I bought in Vancouver while on holidays back to Regina that was brand new at the time. The two day trip with FedEx took half of brand new furniture from pristine to well worn. The good news is that FedEx has a great damage policy and if you claim it you will for sure get some $$$ for your troubles.

cc4usmc
01-28-2009, 09:15 PM
How was the item packaged? If you wrap it like shit, you can't expect it not to get roughed up.

1eightySX
01-29-2009, 07:43 AM
When I sent my furniture it was all still in the original factory boxes, when I recieved it many of the boxes were torn. Any number of things could have happaned along the way. Anyway, FedEx paid for like half of the item so in the end I was ok. As far as the side skirts and such, they seemed to have been packed very well. There was enough bubble wrap that I could have used it as a pillow. It was handled well on our end so I don't but who knows it is a long trip.

ManoNegra
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM
the valences were just bubble wrapped and taped, no box
not the best packaging but adequate
no signs of mishandling on them
bubble wrap was intact, nothing torn or popped through

small cracks on the sides?
sure, I'll give the benefit of the doubt
but I don't see how this can be damage from shipping
specially when it was under wrap

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/580/image462xg7.jpg

clearly damage from use

and why am I being suggested numerous times to try to get money from Fedex?
It's not about money
it's about one's word and honesty

obsolete
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
his 9 if not 9.5 out of 10 is different than yours it seems. shoulda asked for pics before purchasing them, but i agree that it's def not 9 out of 10.

ManoNegra
01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
his 9 if not 9.5 out of 10 is different than yours it seems. shoulda asked for pics before purchasing them, but i agree that it's def not 9 out of 10.

lol, probably
and then there's this too
out of 10 i would say they were a 9 if not 9.5
there is no damage on them, under could use some good scrubbing though, it looks like scrapes but im pretty sure its just built up dirt.

I will need 2 days from the time payment clears to deal with taking them off, finding a box, and fedex paperwork.

FaLKoN240
01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Yea, that's totally from shipping transit...

...If the valences were attached to the bottom of the truck's mudflaps.

DUFFM4N
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
those cracks dont even seem "fresh"...i ship hundreds of things daily here from work (car parts just like those) and that is definitely not caused by shipping

allntrlundrgrnd
01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
i agree, that is clearly from road debris/scraping.

unless they slapped a sticker on the valences and shipped them naked lol

ManoNegra
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
clearly, I'm delusional and a horrible buyer

the lesson to learn: Canada is evil...

jp

1eightySX
01-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Well I work at the Fedex that shipped them so I can tell you that I have seen stuff like that come back our way, be it chipped or completly broken. Also a Box would have been risky, people tend to stack things on top of boxes regardless if they can hold the weight or not. At the end of the day maybe it is a good idea to always ask for a photo before buying. We Canadians are friendly folk and will usually cooperate. :)

ManoNegra
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Well I work at the Fedex that shipped them so I can tell you that I have seen stuff like that come back our way, be it chipped or completly broken. Also a Box would have been risky, people tend to stack things on top of boxes regardless if they can hold the weight or not. At the end of the day maybe it is a good idea to always ask for a photo before buying. We Canadians are friendly folk and will usually cooperate. :)

i was joking on that last bit

I receive and ship stuff for work all the time
labeling a box 'Fragile' has yet failed to work for me

and I know, pictures speak a thousand words

Absolutist24
01-31-2009, 01:37 AM
the valences were just bubble wrapped and taped, no box
not the best packaging but adequate

Who the hell ships fragile plastic items with bubble wrapping and no box?
Would you ship an S14 Glass Headlight with Bubble wrap only and not expect damages?

That's NEGLIGENCE. Knowing that these OEM JDM parts are Fragile.
In a court of law, I believe that the seller is somewhat/mostly responsible.

ManoNegra
01-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Who the hell ships fragile plastic items with bubble wrapping and no box?
Would you ship an S14 Glass Headlight with Bubble wrap only and not expect damages?

That's NEGLIGENCE. Knowing that these OEM JDM parts are Fragile.
In a court of law, I believe that the seller is somewhat/mostly responsible.

The packaging isn't the issue with me, it did the job
it's being blatantly lied to and then
told I was irrational for bringing it up that doesn't fly
I pride myself in being honest and upfront
and if I can maybe make a few people think twice
about dealing with this guy then I've met my goal
-juan

9s13Coupe3SX
02-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree about the shipping proceedures. Those items are small enough to find a box that'll fit them fine. A 48X12X12 or even smaller will easily fit those 3 piece valances, I shipped a few of that set before. You wrap them with bubble then secure it will plastic wrap, put it in the box with shipping peanuts, then close the box and seal it with tape.

Obvious that damage in the picture is a present damage not durring shipping, seller should of been honest period and know how to ship things the correct way. Either do things the correct way or don't do it at all, man up and just be honest.

esqueue
02-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Yea, that's totally from shipping transit...

...If the valences were attached to the bottom of the truck's mudflaps.

That made me laugh. :ddog:

MidwestMyriad
05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Resolved, I was at fault