PDA

View Full Version : For those with coupes, what kinda sound system do you have?

fleaf
02-25-2003, 06:32 PM
What kinda subs do you guys have? 10's would be the biggest that would actually fit (I have an s13 coupe), and it still may be cutting it close. The deepest part in the trunk area is only like 13" and a 10" box is around 12 1/2" in height. I have my eye on these subs since they are extremely cheap...

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=rocrfz3410&SVBName=309

I'm not really looking for anything that's extraordinarily wonderful, but I just want something that will hit, and I think this is good one for the price, not to mention a trustworthy company. Along that sub, i plan on getting this amp...

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=ligb1502&SVBName=279

How does this setup look to you?
I already have all the wiring done to my car, so installation should be a breeze. If you could also post what kinda system you have in your car, that'd be great :) , thanks :D

Apparition
02-27-2003, 09:22 AM
100w amp running the fronts
360w amp running 2 12"'s in the backseat.

I'm getting rid of the 12"s and probably doing 2 8"s in underneath the back deck. This will happen after I get stuff fixed.

The 12"s are from the previous vehicle. :) My car is an effective two seater now. ;)

Bbandit
02-27-2003, 11:15 AM
stock :(

240meowth
02-28-2003, 01:26 AM
i HAD 2 12" subs in the back, boxed individually, layed on it's back, but with that set up, i can put a skateboard in my trunk...

now i sacrafised my spare tire, and put 1 12" sub in my spare tire spot.

so i'm left with a 12" sub, boxed, w/ no use, 60 bucks if anyone wants it, it's 12" jensen sub 275w max

christopher
02-28-2003, 07:34 AM
As stock as stock can be. Blown speakers up front and nearly blown in back. I listen to the air comming in through the open sunroof most of the time anyway.

syco3d
03-01-2003, 09:59 AM
No I don't have a coupe...but if you want a good sub in a small package...pick up a square compitition KICKER L7...I just have an 8 in. (somthing like 900watt peak I believe) but most people would agree it performs more like twin 12s.

DRO916
03-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by syco3d
No I don't have a coupe...but if you want a good sub in a small package...pick up a square compitition KICKER L7...I just have an 8 in. (somthing like 900watt peak I believe) but most people would agree it performs more like twin 12s.

those are the square solo-barics right???

thats a pretty cheap sub...for cheaper prices...try ebay...or your local flee market...

fleaf
03-01-2003, 01:30 PM

alright thanks for the advice...what kinda amp are you running?

Phlip
03-01-2003, 01:39 PM
I know I will draw hell for this, but sony xplod speakers work well for small enclosures too...

syco3d
03-01-2003, 02:33 PM
For an amp I went down to circuit city when they had their Pofile amps on sale, and nabbed a mono 660peak w/12db bas boost. (only $129!!!)

I went that route because I have a couple friends who have compition level systems and they both recomended Profile as being the best bang for the buck unless you want to go $600 and up for a single mono amp.

The only complaints I have ever heard about the amp is that it tends to get hot. But as long as you have decent ventilation it shouldn't be a problem.

syco3d
03-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
I know I will draw hell for this, but sony xplod speakers work well for small enclosures too...

I personally like Sony, but then the majority of electronics in my house are sony. So I would choose sony over ALOT of other brands (at least the upper level xplods)...but Kicker is in the same $$$ range, and in my opinion better.

Phlip
03-01-2003, 04:42 PM
I personally like Sony, but then the majority of electronics in my house are sony. So I would choose sony over ALOT of other brands (at least the upper level xplods)...but Kicker is in the same $$$ range, and in my opinion better.
I love my sony stuff, I have only had xplod in my car since i got it, but it seems that everytime someone asks me all I get is "AAAHHH MAN, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU BOUGHT THAT SHIT!!!"

DRO916
03-01-2003, 11:47 PM

Video wise, SONY is a great brand...audio wise tho...:confused: :confused:

fleaf
03-02-2003, 10:14 AM
I have a friend who has two 12" sony subs. They seem to be really loud, but the subs don't sound very clean...at least compared to my other friend's single 12" MTX thunder8000. MTX is definately one of my top choices, but price seems to be an issue for me.

How do the Kicker l5's sound? I've heard a lot of good reviews about it, especially since the subs are square shaped, it is able to push out more air, therefore sound as if it were a circle 12" sub. It only costs like 120$ from etronics.com but I'm sure I find it cheaper used on ebay or some other place.

jamik_69
03-03-2003, 11:54 PM
i have 2 12" in a kinda wedge box i can get some pics if you want

fleaf
03-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by jamik_69
i have 2 12" in a kinda wedge box i can get some pics if you want

yea if you could, that'd be great. I'm not too sure what you mean by a "wedge" box. Did you custom fabricate it? Thanks :D

kazuo
03-05-2003, 01:56 PM
I am running Polks in the front, and Infiniti Components in the rear. The Infinitis have much better range and clarity than the Polks, but I couldn't get the ****in Infinitis to clear in the front. I barely got the Polks to clear, and that was only after some cutting.

Deck is a Alpine CDA7893.

I was also running two 10" Polk DX10 subs in a Dual MTX box (it BARELY cleared the trunk; the box was about 14"), off a MTX Thunder 4250D (haha, ya i know.. not a lot of power.)

The subs didnt hit hard at all; all they really did was make the trunk rattle like a bastard, even though I dynamatt'd the entire trunk (!)

I sold the amp & the subs awhile ago, and I'm probably going to replace it with a MTX 8100 and a Infiniti Perfect 12" sub. A friend has this setup in his WRX (two Perfect 12's tho) and it hits REALLY hard.

One should be more than enough methinks. =)

later

S15 Powered
03-07-2003, 02:26 PM
I've got an Arc Audio 1500 watt amp running 3 Arc Audio 10s. I aslo have an Arc Audio 4050 running two AVI compenent sets, up front and in the rear and an eclipse deck. But of course, I haven't seen my car in so long that I don't even remember how it sounds :(

BTW Kazuo, if you're thinking about getting an MTX 81000D, I'd think again. I had that thing and it's a monster, they actually recommend an aftermarket alternator to run that thing and now I know why.

toddnappi
03-07-2003, 07:03 PM
I have a convertible with one 10" Pioneer 250w max sub in a truck box laid flat, lol. I am not an audio genious like the rest of you and thus didn't undertake the process of making a custom box. Plus I think I have a little less room as well. Maybe one day I'll tighten it up, but it's not that bad.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/294000-294999/294872_7_full.jpg

fleaf
03-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by toddnappi
I have a convertible with one 10" Pioneer 250w max sub in a truck box laid flat, lol. I am not an audio genious like the rest of you and thus didn't undertake the process of making a custom box. Plus I think I have a little less room as well. Maybe one day I'll tighten it up, but it's not that bad.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/294000-294999/294872_7_full.jpg

how do you like your sub?

toddnappi
03-07-2003, 07:22 PM
I bought it for $40 new, it sounds good when you're in the driver's seat, obviosuly not a huge bump, but sounds good and mixes with all kinds of music well. However it sounds like crap if you pop the trunk and actually listen to it. Overall, a good buy. It was one of the only 10" 225-275w subs I could find cheap.

toddnappi
03-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Best place to buy audio - www.millionbuy.com - found them off eBay, saved like 40% over Crutchfield prices. Did a sub, 2 amps, wires for like $300!

rash
03-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Its modest but sound good.

http://www.homestead.com/gorrones/files/s13-10.jpg

http://www.homestead.com/gorrones/files/s13-2.jpg

:) :)