PDA

View Full Version : those of u been to japan, have you ever seen eclipse there?

clueless
02-25-2003, 09:09 AM
i was just thinking, how come i have ever seen an eclipse in japan?

mrmephistopheles
02-25-2003, 09:40 AM
I never saw one while I was there, but I know there are Japanese clubs for that car. I don't recall if they're referred to as Eclipses, however.

Zemus
02-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by clueless

HAH they dont make eclipes in Japan, they have the FTO, i think the same engine. Eclipes/Talons/Lasers are all DSM = Diamond Star Motors, which is chrysler, which isent in japan.

Saul240
02-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by clueless

nope never saw the eclipise in japan yet, probably never will...

RPS13
02-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Granted, they are all imported to Japan. They do not sell them like they would sell a regular Mitsubishi...

I just saw one used as a model to design an HPI intercooler. It was the second gen that a Japanese guy drives. There is also another Spyder here that a Japanese guy drives, too.

I don't know how you compare the FTO to the Eclipse... Maybe the newest Eclipse since it has a V6 engine. But the 2nd Gen. Eclipses had the EVO I, II, III, 4G63 engine layout.

Haven't seen anybody driving the newest Eclipse, though... Who would even bother with that ugliness, anyway?!?!

rancid240
02-27-2003, 07:48 PM
i saw a red one last summer...i didnt realize how rare they were until i walked past and realized i hadnt seen one for the last two months. it was LHD btw

boro240
02-27-2003, 10:15 PM
its not the same 4G63 thats in the EVO. my friend has a 1g GSX. its similar but the EVO 4G63 is better. yes they sell eclipses in japan. FTOs are V6, and not very fast.

kurissuS13
02-27-2003, 10:29 PM
iirc, 1st Gen GSX uses the one similar to the Evo. the 2nd Gen GSX uses the one similar to the Galant VR4. i could be wrong...

FRpilot
02-28-2003, 11:50 AM
wait.. so the FTO in japan is similar to our 2nd gen eclipses? they have the same body but a tuned down evo motor? i thought the eclipse was a USDM car that mitsu and dodge came together to build.. stylin came from dodge/chrysler (domestic) and the engine came from mitsu.. im kinda confused b/c i always thought they never had eclipses in japan but i was playin tokyo extreme racer 2 and i saw a 2nd gen eclipse..