PDA

View Full Version : Randomly just lost power..

kevmeistah21
01-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Soo i went to go kick it with some friends and i turned my car off, then when i left and started my car it was acting strange.. My engine was shaking violently and figured i had a problem. Soo i as i was driving home i noticed i lost like half of my power from my sr and from like 1000rpm to 2000rpm my engine seems like it's struggling/choking.. feels like it's running on like 1 facking cylinder.. Idk what it is, im gonna work on it tomorrow to see what the problem is since it's raining and it's almost midnight. But if anyone had this problem in the past please let me know what is going on! Thank you very much - kevin

Sleepy240
01-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Pull your plugs and check them
Check your fuel rail for leaks
Check your MAF just to be sure

The Chad
01-24-2009, 07:18 AM
I had something like this on my KA, check around and found the clamp that holds the intake to the throttle body had slipped off so, basically running without a MAF...barely ran unless I had it floored. I have no real help for the SR though...sorry bud and GL.

kevmeistah21
01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
aight cool, imma gonna work on it as soon as it stops raining! my garage is full soo i can't do shiett.. thanks for the help, i'll keep this updated!

kevmeistah21
01-24-2009, 03:50 PM
boost leak! one of my clamps broke.. :/ fix it thakns everyone

mods could close thread!