PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Video #2

whateverjames
02-23-2003, 10:44 PM
http://gt3.systemsilence.com/zzIIt.jpg
Here's a short video I put together of a 1,900+ hp ZZII.
http://gt3.systemsilence.com/videozzII.wmv just right click, save as.. 16.2MB

Here's the first one I made
http://gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3final2.wmv 18.7MB

Bbandit
02-24-2003, 10:43 AM
:eek: awesome!!!
that was a great/clean editing man!!

whateverjames
02-24-2003, 06:08 PM
thanks bbandit :cool:

KingKong8247
02-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Very nice!! Wish I could drive like that in GT3 oh well. Tried once didnt end too good just kept spinning.

-E-
02-24-2003, 08:29 PM
wow very cool :eek:

96SEChick
02-24-2003, 08:33 PM
That is so awesome! Great driving!! Decent music. I'm still amazed at your drifting skills in the game!! :D

thelinja
02-24-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm impressed James. You truly are a GT3 master. I can't drift for sh!t in that game.

KiDyNomiTe
02-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Nice vid James, you ever pull off that 360 drift thing, I have tried so hard to do it in a ZZII but just doesn't want to happen, but I will do it soon, and get it on video.

Bbandit
02-24-2003, 10:09 PM
whateverjames :D
i will challenge you to a drift race!!
i have a force feedback steering wheel and a 1000+hp supra ready to smoke you!! :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

-E-
02-24-2003, 10:24 PM
O sh!t Bbandit keep it clean :D

91blk240
02-24-2003, 10:38 PM
pretty sweet....after watching that it makes me wish i never sold my PS2.

whateverjames
02-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey. Thank you guys and gals. :) I appreciate it. I have another video uploading right now if you want to download it. It's about 27.5MB :( (I may need to shorten it) But it's nearly 4 minutes long and has better music this time :p Plus it's a 240SX (fastback).

I accept the challenge Bbandit :)

Kid: I haven't done that with the ZZII. Which track to you do this at?

--------------
http://gt3.systemsilence.com/240sxt.jpg
Edit: Here's the S13 video I uploaded http://gt3.systemsilence.com/video240sx.wmv
After looking at it again, I think it needs to be edited a little more and shortened. :o

2FortyessX
02-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by whateverjames
Hey. Thank you guys and gals. :) I appreciate it. I have another video uploading right now if you want to download it. It's about 27.5MB :( (I may need to shorten it) But it's nearly 4 minutes long and has better music this time :p Plus it's a 240SX (fastback).

--------------
Edit: Here's the S13 video I uploaded http://gt3.systemsilence.com/video240sx.wmv
After looking at it again, I think it needs to be edited a little more and shortened. :o nice!! get on aim i want to talk to you about your gt3 setup!

Bbandit
02-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by whateverjames

--------------
After looking at it again, I think it needs to be edited a little more and shortened. :o

thats a very consistent and controled drift and you are still doing it with your d-pad
i cant even drift with my d-pad
prolly because i never used it :p

KiDyNomiTe
02-25-2003, 02:55 PM
I wanted to get the steering wheel, but it has been 100 bucks for god knows how long, and I want a real car first, keep spending too much money.

James: About the track, there is a vid where he did it on Laguna Seca on the first turn, he does a 360 counterclockwise i believe, then continues to drift all in one motion, very nice stuff.

My freakin video that I made is messed up, half of it was deleted, and I lost half of the captured video files, so I need to fill it up some more, prolly juss going to start all over.

Bbandit
02-25-2003, 03:48 PM
okay i have some too
but bad quality (i used my new digital camera:p )

the yellow supra that will smoke whateverjames
http://www.maddphatt.com/granturismo3/DSCF0005.AVI

the black silvia s13
http://www.maddphatt.com/granturismo3/DSCF0007.AVI

right click, save target as..

-E-
02-25-2003, 05:10 PM
hmmm talk about download, very nice wish it was a littile longer :D

Bbandit
02-25-2003, 05:16 PM
yea my digicam allow only 20 sec of movie... piece of sh*t! :p
as soon as i get geforce4.. i will make a nicer/longer one

-E-
02-25-2003, 05:21 PM
damn that digicam damn it to hell :p

whateverjames
02-25-2003, 05:46 PM
get that new video card! i want to see some more of your videos http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/icon14.gif

whateverjames
02-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
thats a very consistent and controled drift and you are still doing it with your d-pad
i cant even drift with my d-pad
prolly because i never used it :p

do you use the analog stick to steer?
i've never even thought of using that... i'll have to try it.

KiDyNomiTe
02-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Here is my GT3 video, thanks to whateverjames for uploading it for me, clips are old, need to make some more.

http://gt3.systemsilence.com/gt3nismodrift.wmv

I am also starting to take requests for songs to be in the background of the vid, I am looking for something that has some action to it, I like to try and match up the vid to the song so that they synchronize so it can't be the exact same beat for the entire song, try and keep it under 5 minutes.

2FortyessX
02-25-2003, 10:15 PM
its wierd, gt3 is sopposed to be the most realiztic game and yet it is very hard to drift an AE86 or 240 properly. can someone tell me what setups they are running to drift. and give me some tips. everytime i try i lose SO much speed its pointless.

KiDyNomiTe
02-25-2003, 10:29 PM
it just goes to show drifitng is harder than you think, I have seen some people get some really good times drifting, the only problem with GT3 is that these courses are setup for grip driving, not for drifting.

How many times do they hold drift sessions at Laguna Seca(not 100% sure that they don't, not even 50%)

But anyway I have done one lap with grip driving, then ran against the ghost image and drifted through a turn, and I was faster than the ghost image, I was quite surprised, I slowly pulled on him in the turns, but then i spun out a few turns later, and lost.

It is kind of hard to explain how to drift, so many people do it so many different ways, if you know different techniques in real life, just use those. Easiest tip is use sim tires and turn off traction control, and get an LSD.

I learned how to drift in GT3 using different setting though, where they played with the LSD numbers and suspension, but I can do it with the highest tracktion tires if I have a strong enough car.

Not to sure if my names are correct but you can try power over drift, where you just accelarate through the turns, and if you are putting enough power to the wheels have an LSD and turn off traction control you will lose traction in the rear.

There is also a where you just turn to the opposite side and then quickly snap back and make your rear lose traction, or you can try and snap the car towards the turn and get the wheels to hit the dirt.

Basically anything that will make your rear lose traction, then use the accelerator to turn, basically the more you mash the x button or pedal, the more your car turns, don't forget to countersteer, and don't mash the gas too much, and don't countersteer too much.

Precision is the key in this, that is why most recommend using a wheel and pedal set, you can get away with using the controller, the dual shock 2 is good becuase allt he buttons are pressure sensitive, but when you try with the old controllers it is hard because you have to keep tapping, and can't really hold the button.

Another tip is use the analog sticks to your advantage.

go to www.gamefaqs.com and look under thier faqs for the game, they have some good tips, or search for it under google.

heinekenns
02-26-2003, 01:15 AM
How did you get that much HP out of the ZZII? I won it yesterday and tried modding it with the turbo kit - stage 2 was as high as it went. That yielded about 910 hp I think - no where near 1900 hp. Whats the secret here?

DRO916
02-26-2003, 03:12 PM
in that 180sx video...how did u lower the car that low and make the rims bigger???

i tried adjusting the ride height...and it still looks the same...

i tried using different tires...and it still looks the same...

KiDyNomiTe
02-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by pnoydro916
in that 180sx video...how did u lower the car that low and make the rims bigger???

i tried adjusting the ride height...and it still looks the same...

i tried using different tires...and it still looks the same...

If anything it is just the crazy camber he used, different rims look bigger though, so try adjusting your camber, it will look the same.

About his HP if you didn't notice at the beginning of the vid he has like 9 billion dollars or something. He has gameshark IIRC. There is a double your HP code.

whateverjames
02-26-2003, 03:46 PM
you got it. ;)

BadMoJo
02-26-2003, 10:10 PM
I best drift car I have setup currently is a Subaru 22bSTi. I love that car. AWD drifts are the best. I had a R32 Nismo S-tune setup real nice as well.

But i liked my matching white S13 silvia and type-X. me and my roomate have busted some side by side drifts in arcade mode. It only took us like 5 million tries. :D

Bbandit
02-26-2003, 11:36 PM
got a good deal on geforce4!!!
i will be making gt3 videos too soon... :D

DRO916
02-27-2003, 12:01 AM
what do u guys use to record your videos? video card w/output cables to your tv...?

rash
02-27-2003, 11:06 AM
got a good deal on geforce4!!!
i will be making gt3 videos too soon... :D

mmm:rolleyes:

Why you dont try with Ati Radeon 9700...just 399 buck.or a
All-in-Wonder 9700 PRO 128MB AGP

Bbandit
02-27-2003, 11:14 AM
yea radeons are sweet but too much $$$
the one im getting is only $79 geforce4 mx 64MB with s-video in and video out..
what i need really is the video iiput/output :)

rash
02-27-2003, 11:16 AM
yea radeons are sweet but too much $$$
the one im getting is only $79 geforce4 mx 64MB with s-video in and video out..
what i need really is the video iiput/output :)

:cool: Well this is a good deal...for $79 you dont buy a video card with this specs..

KiDyNomiTe
02-27-2003, 02:41 PM
You don't really nee a good video card or graphics card, just buy Dazzle DVC 80, or any Digital Video Creator type thing. Thats what James and I use. Works great, also for those with Camcorders.

All you do is plug in the red white and yellow connectors or s-video into the dazzle adapter thing, then record and its saved to your comp.

Bbandit
02-27-2003, 03:15 PM
yea i know
the problem is.. i dont have any s-video input on my computer
besides.. i play games a lot (MOHAA, etc)
so its time to upgrade anyways :D

Saul240
02-27-2003, 03:27 PM
nice video, and nice transfer, pretty good in gt3 ehh??? :)

KiDyNomiTe
02-27-2003, 04:04 PM
yea i know
the problem is.. i dont have any s-video input on my computer
besides.. i play games a lot (MOHAA, etc)
so its time to upgrade anyways :D

it connects to USB

rash
02-27-2003, 04:22 PM
mmmm One question somebody have the crack for GT3.

Or the no-cd crack...

I download the game (full) and run,but when i star a race apper in the game "insert cd ".

KiDyNomiTe
02-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by rash
mmmm One question somebody have the crack for GT3.

Or the no-cd crack...

I download the game (full) and run,but when i star a race apper in the game "insert cd ".

crack for who in the what now?

Seriously you have me lost, I don't think you could fit GT3 onto a CD, its a DVD-ROM, and either way to be able to burn and play PS2 games you need a mod chip.

Apparition
02-27-2003, 06:37 PM
I don't think someone ported it to the PC.

whateverjames
02-27-2003, 07:13 PM
I'm confused as well. But the good news is it's only $20. May as well spend the money and support the game designers :D

SiL1480
02-27-2003, 07:57 PM
im 56k:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I will just have to wait till i get to school :(

chinesefood2go
02-27-2003, 09:31 PM
The music you used in the videos sounded pretty tight. I was wondering what's the name of the songs you used james?

whateverjames
02-27-2003, 10:05 PM
The video with the ZZII is The Prophet Said by Lacuna Coil, the Black S13 was Cops Don't Like Us by EZ Rollers, and the video with the Miata, 350Z, 300ZX, Altezza, and Imprezza was Pearl's Girl by Underworld. :)

rash
02-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
crack for who in the what now?

its a DVD-ROM, and either way to be able to burn and play PS2 games you need a mod chip.

Ohh ,maybe whe talk about a diferent gt..im talk about for pc..

DRO916
02-28-2003, 02:59 PM
naw, yer able to play ps2, xbox, ps, snes, genesis, and everything else on the computer using 'emulators'...as long as your computer is fast and can handle the processing power then u can play them. emulation world i guess