PDA

View Full Version : IAT Sensor

nrmskate
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
On my SOHC, ever since I put in an Injen intake, I have left the IAT sensor unplugged.

Can that be the cause of this?

YouTube - KA24E Problems contd... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6EhtMGRivA)

I pulled codes 13 and 41 from my ECU and neither of the codes seem like they could make the car do that^

Just want your guys' input on it

alzahakar
01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
If IAT is your Intake Air Temp Sensor, then no. It wouldn't cause that. It's only for diagnostic purposes and will just trip your CEL. It won't affect the way the car runs. If your Injen intake doesn't have the necessary mounting socket for the sensor, just stuff it inside the cone filter. Ghetto, but it gets that code off your ecu.

LA_phantom_240
01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
If IAT is your Intake Air Temp Sensor, then no. It wouldn't cause that. It's only for diagnostic purposes and will just trip your CEL. It won't affect the way the car runs. If your Injen intake doesn't have the necessary mounting socket for the sensor, just stuff it inside the cone filter. Ghetto, but it gets that code off your ecu.

You sure about that? I thought the IAT had a small bit to do with your A/F ratio.

don_bagz
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
mine is unplugged too but it doesnt do that. so, IAT sensor doesnt have anything to do with it.. correct me if im wrong tho.

Bigsyke
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
it measures the difference between the IAT readings and CTS and throws a code if the difference is out of spec..

No way shape or form will it control your A/F's or put your ECU in a different loop.

s13pignose
01-19-2009, 10:32 PM
There wasn't a place to insert the iat on the maf adapter?...mine had a hole to insert the sensor and two small thread holes to insert the screws to hold it on