PDA

View Full Version : Ireland and Europe

1QUICK4
01-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Anyone been to Ireland for a vation or anything? Me and a friend are going in June or July. I have always wanted to go and this summer I will fulfill that dream. If anyone has been and has any tips or any experiences of what they did so I can get some good ideas i would appreciate it. We will also go to Germany for a few days also.

illvialuver
01-18-2009, 04:46 AM
My family is from there I am the first one born here and I have never been back , I want to go to. Have a good time. wish I knew what to tell you.

HalveBlue
01-18-2009, 08:31 AM
I live in Germany right now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Don't have any info on Ireland for you though. Sorry.

ryguy
01-18-2009, 11:48 AM
How much is the trip costing you? I always wanted to take a trip to the motherland but never had the cash before.

Oh, and you probably should to go to St. James Gate.

1QUICK4
01-18-2009, 11:59 AM
I live in Germany right now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Don't have any info on Ireland for you though. Sorry.

Where in Germany do you live? I know we are going to Cologne and Berlin for sure.

How much is the trip costing you? I always wanted to take a trip to the motherland but never had the cash before.

Oh, and you probably should to go to St. James Gate.

Not sure yet on the cost, sitll figuring that out. It's $1200 to fly there and back though. And I am definately hhitting up the St. James Gate Brewery

ronmcdon
01-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow, I wish I could visit Ireland and more of Germany.
Ireland might be a fun place to live for a couple of months if you can find a job there.
Would be great if you could post pics and such afterwards.

1QUICK4
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Yea it'll be awhile, we are thinking of going in July now.

I have never been over seas on a vacation before so I'm not sure what to expect yet.

touge240monster
01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
went there last june, spent a month in england and took like a 3 day trip to Ireland. Guinness store house is so sick, when you reach the top they give you a free pint of ice cold guinness, it was amazing.

1QUICK4
01-18-2009, 10:04 PM
We are also going to go to a rally racing school also and have fun for a day.

KA-T_240
01-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I have a good friend from town that is in Ireland with his GF for school. I can put you in contact with him.

HalveBlue
01-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I live in shitty little town called Krefeld, about an hour north of Cologne.

Cologne is nice. Lots to do. Good clubs, lots of people. Düsseldorf's not bad either, but it's a lot more upscale and older. But also a lot historical stuff (like the cathedral and the Roman ruins). Holland, Belgium, and Luxembourg are also really close.

Berlin is a great place, too. Big city, A LOT of young people. LOTS of history, especially Prussian, World War II, and Cold War. There's like an entire stretch of the city where they kept a segment of the Wall intact.

Great for a visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

1QUICK4
01-19-2009, 07:13 AM
I have a good friend from town that is in Ireland with his GF for school. I can put you in contact with him.

That would be sweet man

I live in shitty little town called Krefeld, about an hour north of Cologne.

Cologne is nice. Lots to do. Good clubs, lots of people. Düsseldorf's not bad either, but it's a lot more upscale and older. But also a lot historical stuff (like the cathedral and the Roman ruins). Holland, Belgium, and Luxembourg are also really close.

Berlin is a great place, too. Big city, A LOT of young people. LOTS of history, especially Prussian, World War II, and Cold War. There's like an entire stretch of the city where they kept a segment of the Wall intact.

Great for a visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

My friend that I'm going with has been to Cologne before and the person he knows used to live her for a little while as a foreign exchange student. But you might have to come down and party with us.

HalveBlue
01-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Yeah. No prob dude.

Just let me know.

1QUICK4
01-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah. No prob dude.

Just let me know.

I'm sure I will.

Called and reserved our date for the rally school. w00t

KA-T_240
01-20-2009, 12:30 PM
How much is the Rally School?

1QUICK4
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
How much is the Rally School?

200 Euros for half day. then 150 for another 2 hour session which will be battle, evo vs sti. should be fun

lucky7
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
sounds amazing. i want to go to london and berlin, real bad. maybe someday..

1QUICK4
02-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Got my passport yesterday and ordered my tickets

w00t