PDA

View Full Version : People and their love for bashing....

moose
02-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Is it just me, or do some people love to bash 4 cyl. I mean I think there's nothing wrong with 4 cyl, and when I hear about our cars as, "oh it's only a 4 cyl." I'm like what the heck. So what, so what I don't like driving in straight lines. Personally the only domestic I like is the 2002 Camaro, and even that is crap. Guys and thier stupid muscle cars, go around trompin the gas. I don't understand it. It seems that you have to have a big block to be... well BIG. At least our cars look half descent. At least our cars don't look like a grand national. Thing looks like a box. And at least our cars don't feel like they are going to roll when we turn a corner fast. What do you guys think about the whole V8 thing, and do you ever get called a 4 cyl?

thelinja
02-22-2003, 07:22 PM
OK, yet another mindless post by the moose-inator. What the hell are you talking about? "At least our cars looks good?" Yes they do look good. But corvettes, late model camaro's and T/A's are all beautiful cars. As for V8 power...these car's will slaughter almost any tuned four banger, yes even the SR. As for driving in straight lines......just because your car is slow doesn't make it handle better (quote from HippoSleek) One more thing..don't clown on Nash's. Jesus what a confusing post, I don't even think I answered everthing..oh well. And yes I get called a 4cy.....what the hell am I supposed to be called?!:confused:

moose
02-22-2003, 07:27 PM
I guess I'm just upset.

Kreator
02-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by moose
Is it just me, or do some people love to bash 4 cyl. I mean I think there's nothing wrong with 4 cyl, and when I hear about our cars as, "oh it's only a 4 cyl." I'm like what the heck. So what, so what I don't like driving in straight lines. Personally the only domestic I like is the 2002 Camaro, and even that is crap. Guys and thier stupid muscle cars, go around trompin the gas. I don't understand it. It seems that you have to have a big block to be... well BIG. At least our cars look half descent. At least our cars don't look like a grand national. Thing looks like a box. And at least our cars don't feel like they are going to roll when we turn a corner fast. What do you guys think about the whole V8 thing, and do you ever get called a 4 cyl?

ummmm a z28 will school you at the track. pretty badly.

Dousan_PG
02-22-2003, 07:37 PM
another crap post

opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one

nuff said. to each their own

weirdstyles.net
02-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
another crap post

opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one

nuff said. to each their own

and their ****ty....

either way, viper viper viper.... I want to be responsible for the 2024 viper

Look at the real import performance, RB26/25DETT? 2JZ? VG30DET? What the **** ever the 3kgt motors are called... Six is the **** when you break it down to imports. Why do you think noobs are all abut "Can I swap the VG/RB into my car?" Probably because they are unknowing but that leaves them the innocent truth that you will ultimately get more from a high displacement 6/8 then you will a 2.4 4cy. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure a good amount of the poster population, yourself included, would rather have a KA32DE 6Cyl.... he he he...sorry.

masta
02-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one You forgot to end it:

Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one and the all stink. :D

SilviaDriver
02-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by thelinja
OK, yet another mindless post by the moose-inator.

agreed. also dont u think this is a lil off topic?? your talking about 4cyl in general not 4cyl 240sx. if i was a mod, id move it. ur also gettin known to post a bunch of mindless post haha

weirdstyles.net
02-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
agreed. also dont u think this is a lil off topic?? your talking about 4cyl in general not 4cyl 240sx. if i was a mod, id move it. ur also gettin known to post a bunch of mindless post haha

:( , its most like this ^ that make me remember why I love Zilvia... cause we'll tell you how the f it is...

I love you guys...sorry a little emotional over my last post:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23512

nrcooled
02-22-2003, 08:04 PM
It just depends on what you want to do to your car. They can call my car whatever they want but at the end of the day I can look at my car and smile.

I love the way she handles and love the power. I have a friend w/ a '94 z28 and another w/ a '95 stang GT. My car is faster then both. In the grand scheme of things does it make me like my car more or less.....NO I loved it w/ the KA and the SR. You gotta be secure in your's and let no man (or V8) change that:D

AceInHole
02-22-2003, 10:16 PM
this makes me want to do a VK swap into an S13 even more, but i don't know why. it's not like the thread actually says anything....

whateverjames
02-22-2003, 11:21 PM
the reason why a lot of people say oh it's only a 4 cylinder, is because they have a v8 and they have the same goals as we do, to make their cars faster. when you have a v8 with an auto that's running mid 14's in the quarter on a good day, and they hear some kids speak highly of their whopping 2.4L four cylinders, they think, god, i'm only running 14's i couldn't imagine having a 4 cylinder.

it's not an excuse, it's just they way they think. and when they've driven 2.2L automatic cavaliers, that's what they think of when they hear "four cylinder". but they don't realize not all four cylinders are created equal. and with a few mods or a turbo install, or complete SR motor swap, you can have a not so slow four cylinder japanese car.

KiDyNomiTe
02-22-2003, 11:31 PM
I wish everone would just love all cars, but there is a better chance of peace on earth, than seeing that happen.

It is true in most cases that the more cylinders you have the faster your car will be. There are exceptions to this rule though, it is just that most cars with big engines and 8+ cylinders are just built as powerhouses, but imports use technology to make thier cars fast, while domestics use size.

There is a part of me that still wants a V8, I just can't help but love the sound of V8 powerhouses at full throttle, but I also love the sound of 4 cylinders, but both are different in thier own way.

Hopefully after college I will get a Datsun 240Z and swap in some V8, and get the best of both worlds with a 4 cylinder S13, and a 8 cylinder 240Z.

dave240sx
02-22-2003, 11:33 PM
You have to be secure enough about your car to let what other people say go in one ear and out the other. So they don't like 4cyl. WHO CARES! It' an opinion. Everybody is entitled to one. I'm sure you have a few of those, don't you:rolleyes: If you let other people's opinions bring you down then your in for a long long sad life.

Your opinions will not be the same as others and that is part of life.

-Dave-

AmherstSR20DET
02-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by nrcooled
It just depends on what you want to do to your car. They can call my car whatever they want but at the end of the day I can look at my car and smile.

Well spoken, I couldn't agree more. Everyone has their own opinions. For those who bash a 4 cycl. its a combination of ignorance and fear. A lot of people are starting to see that a well built/well tuned 4 cycl., well it may not be able to beat a V8 hands down, could give it a good run for the money.

WaKeMaN
02-23-2003, 08:26 PM
I loved my Z28. I ran a 14.4 at the track my first time and it was an auto... But, every 16 year old kid within a 25 mile radius had one.

I'm not gonna lie and say I decided to get an S14 because it came to me one night in a vision. I got my 240sx because No One around me has one, and I think its one of the coolest looking cars on the road (bone stock) even though it's 6 years old. It's kinda neat when someone sees me getting out and asks me "what the hell kinda car's that" or "it's RWD?"

I know I'm probably never going to get my car into the 14's, where the Camaro was stock, but I know that the fun I have trying with the money I've saved on gas alone will make it all worthwhile.

Just another opinion for the pile.

Violent Ed
02-23-2003, 10:13 PM
i had a 86 trans am with a carberated 305 :rolleyes: handled pretty good for a big ass heavy car... but i got my ass kicked by a civic si (big hit to my ego lol) anyhoo i almost blew my college money on a 450 hp crate small block engine just so i could find that guy again and kick his butt, but that was back in 99'. lol
just a pointless story that this post reminded me of.

later

91blk240
02-23-2003, 10:52 PM
I wish everone would just love all cars,

amen....i feel the same way

goodjuan
02-24-2003, 12:37 AM
you guys have become even more noob unfriendly than freshalloy.

You guys gotto start trying again. When posts like this come up, time and time again, it means more starting enthusiasts have to be educated. Bashing like this just hurts the all of the car community...it breeds more and more misinformed car people.

So this guys is a little zealous...well help him direct that energy into a more constructive mentality.

Besides, the same close minded attitude you accuse him of showing towards V8 heads is the same attitude you're showing him in return.

live2drift2live
02-24-2003, 05:03 AM
I love V8s when they are put in the hands of somebody who knows how to drive them to their potential. Also I love them when you put a 351 Cobra engine into either a Miata or a Volvo 740. Yes it can be done. And yes I have ridden in the Miata with the cowl induction hood that raped a SS like it was in prison. Mix of both worlds. But we have our turbos and BOV and they have their CARBs and Flowmasters. We just need to live in harmony. BTW The Cavilier was actually designed by Toyota for Chevy. Just wanted to throw that in.
JBM

weirdstyles.net
02-24-2003, 10:53 AM
I remember why I got my 240...because it was free....

the best way I know how. But then I started realizing my love for the car. I came here, gott my noob ass raped and flamed by the best of em. I later learned that my car sucks and Midway Motors in NJ is a buncha punk as bitches who sell beat motors with 156k miles on it when I was told it had 90k...suns of bitches.

But that wont stop me, Ill progress and move on to my MCS14 and my 180sx track whore...

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Close, but no cigar. The cavalier was designed by GM. As far as drivetrain is concerned, i dunno. The later cavs (mid-late 90s) were sold in Japan as Toyotas. That's why you can buy a Veilside aerokit for a damn Chevy Cavalier.

Originally posted by live2drift2live
BTW The Cavilier was actually designed by Toyota for Chevy. Just wanted to throw that in.
JBM