PDA

View Full Version : Notorious BIG movie thread

HyperTek
01-14-2009, 12:41 AM
so yeah.. what you guys think? its around the corner.

Hopefully its good and not some overhyped crap movie, ill be pissed if it has lil wayne and T.I cameo appearances and shit lol

i doubt its anywhere near a documentary or accurate tho but we will see

ZenkiKid
01-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Lil kim already doesnt like how she was depicted, even though every character that was portrayed in the film had to sign off saying they were cool with everything

1989rps13
01-14-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm definetely going to see this movie. I love Biggie's music hence i got it even as my signature " never give a hoe enough to catch the bus" lol Best MC EVER. I think the movie will actually not be that great but im still gonna watch it. I already dont like the guy playing NOtorious BIG he doesnt really look like him at all his face is too skinny

palmdale_mob
01-14-2009, 01:36 AM
The fat dude from the Snoop Dogg show is playing biggie right?
I don't think he will really fit the role
He's not much of a G
But hopefully the movie turns out good

BustedS13
01-14-2009, 01:37 AM
gonna have to see it and My Bloody Valentine 3D back to back.

HyperTek
01-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Diddy blog
PUgoY5iAXoM

of course tho hes probably tryin to sell the movie lol
i respect diddy tho, hes been successful.. but hard to understand what the hell he was sayin

LB.Motoring
01-14-2009, 01:56 AM
gonna have to see it and My Bloody Valentine 3D back to back.

lol/......

adrians_s13
01-14-2009, 02:00 AM
They shoulda had Guerilla Black play the role of BIG...

hehe :snoop:

alindeman1989
01-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Im going to go see it, i got a feeling it is going to be just ok, but ill give it a go.

dannyboi331
01-14-2009, 05:12 AM
looks like a good movie, not sure if imma watch it right away lol, might wait a week or so....

exitspeed
01-14-2009, 06:09 AM
I hope more then anything they do him justice.

I've been watching the documentary they've been playing on BET and shit brings a tear to my eye.

Such a damn shame.

If I could prevent any two celebs death it would be Biggie's and Bruce Lee's.

I'm not sure I'll see the movie in the theater.

ZilviaKid
01-14-2009, 06:59 AM
i heard jim jones is in it too. woo!

Phlip
01-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Movie co-written by Cheo Hodari Coker (formerly of Vibe magazine, who also wrote this book (http://www.amazon.com/Unbelievable-Death-Afterlife-Notorious-B-I-G/dp/0609808354), which you should have read by now if you were a BIG fan), and if the movie is at all true to the book's accuracy, then there should be no problem.

Also:
* Jamal Woolard as B.I.G.
* Angela Bassett (who plays EVERYONE'S mama in movies) as Voletta Wallace
* Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur
* Derek Luke as Sean Combs
* Naturi Naughton (that broad from 3LW) as Lil' Kim
* Antonique Smith as Faith Evans
* Marc John Jefferies as Lil' Cease
* Edwin Freeman as Mister Cee
* Sean Ringgold as Suge Knight

What bothered me was the number of people who are alive and MIGHT have played themselves in some capacity and did not.

LeftNutOfGowd
01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I rather spend my cash on my bloody valentine

YoungGun
01-14-2009, 09:12 AM
i rather spend my cash on my bloody valentine
3-d .

LeftNutOfGowd
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah man lol

SimpleS14
01-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Diddy blog
of course tho hes probably tryin to sell the movie lol
i respect diddy tho, hes been successful.. but hard to understand what the hell he was sayin

There might be an underlying message...but meh.

IDK if I will watch it at the movies....it screams "made for cable TV".

stiizy
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
.it screams "made for cable TV".

You said it bro.......

theronin
01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
He dies at the end bitches

stiizy
01-14-2009, 11:34 AM

How are they gonna make part 2 then?? :keke:

ALTRNTV
01-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Way to ruin it. :rolleyes:

:keke:

BustedS13
01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
i'm so glad i'm going to have to sit through any amount of tupac being on screen

i really hope he sings some douchey love ballad! west coast 4evar LOL

Flicktitty
01-14-2009, 12:32 PM

:faint: way to ruin the movie asshole! :rl:

J/K

should i HOPE be a good movie, i'll most likely just rent it.

juice.def
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Im gonna check it out looks like everyone's saying it could be alright.

IIIXziuR
01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
ehhhhhhhh
The actor who plays BIG really over emphasized the speech impediment thing or w/e he had. It sounds so annoying. Also, It looks sooooo much like a VH1/MTV made for TV movie.

That My Bloody Valentine remake is just stupid. It was cooler the way it was in the 80s. Lets modernize it and make it 3D!!! Oh geez, thanks Hollywood.

HyperTek
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
true does look like a made for tv movie lol

but you know how they do, theres guns, violence, money. Look like they got some hot sex scenes too!.

Sorry BIG, I hope they did a good job portraying your life man. If its a good movie, hopefully everyone will respect it. R.I.P.

S13_Nightkid
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Ill have to wait for reviews and etc. The AMC around just recently jacked up their prices from 9$ to 10.50. So i definitely hesitant on seeing it. It seems like it should be on mtv or vh1.

and p.s. fuck you AMC!

BustedS13
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Ill have to wait for reviews and etc. The AMC around just recently jacked up their prices from 9$ to 10.50. So i definitely hesitant on seeing it. It seems like it should be on mtv or vh1.

and p.s. fuck you AMC!

the local chain here just dropped student pricing. so now i buy senior.

DUFFM4N
01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
im really surprised that p.diddy didnt play himself in this movie...that fool is so into himself its not even funny

andmattsayd
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
im really surprised that p.diddy didnt play himself in this movie...that fool is so into himself its not even funny

i think this year his name is "DIDDY"
gawd that guy is out of control.

DUFFM4N
01-14-2009, 06:28 PM
well his name has always been "SHITTY" to me

andmattsayd
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM

hahah agreeed

HyperTek
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
well he knows that theres alot of people that buy into his successful money black male image that he has, so he has to keep it to pay his bills

About lil kim not liking the movie
http://www.sohh.com/2008/12/lil_kim_unhappy_about_big.html

I think she probably gets pushed around by BIG and doesnt want people to see her like that in the movie

I wonder if Jay Z will have a clip in the movie.. or someone playin J, he did like 2 songs with big

HyperTek
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM
dude was that a C6 corvette in the commercial?? when puff says "ill make you a millionaire by 21" and it flashes a c6 vette on the screen

HyperTek
01-16-2009, 11:17 PM
anyone see it yet? please post some reviews /no spoilers. thanks

Not sure if a movie would fit my budget right now.. esp if the theater is gonna be full of wannabe thugs hollarin lol

DUFFM4N
01-16-2009, 11:45 PM
dude was that a C6 corvette in the commercial?? when puff says "ill make you a millionaire by 21" and it flashes a c6 vette on the screen

it was...i was like :ugh:

ZilviaKid
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
anyone see it yet? please post some reviews /no spoilers. thanks

Not sure if a movie would fit my budget right now.. esp if the theater is gonna be full of wannabe thugs hollarin lol
i just saw it, and it was fucking fantastic!

i never cry in movies, but i was damn near close at the end.

id give it a 8.5/10 :)

BustedS13
01-17-2009, 01:26 AM
went to see it, was sold out for all showings, and so was my bloody valentine. what the fuck.

exitspeed
01-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I wonder if Jay Z will have a clip in the movie.. or someone playin J, he did like 2 songs with big

Actually Jay-Z and Biggie were actual friends before all the shit. Puffy and Biggie weren't friends until Biggie got into the rap game. There's a bootleg tape I have where Biggie gives a shot out to people. He says, "my family", someone else I don't recall, "and Jay-z, that's it...".

Phlip
01-17-2009, 08:03 PM
How come everytime my city makes the news, it is becomes someone got shot?
AllHipHop.com Daily News - : Shooting Erupts At N.C. 'Notorious' Opening With Star In Attendance (http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/01/17/20799575.aspx)
This happened with Jamal Woolard AT THE FUCKING THEATER!!!
I started to go to see it last night, at that theater, as it was the closest one to my house with the movie... I'm glad I stayed my ass home. Hell, the theater is going to pull back on showing it indefinitely now.

origin_s135
01-17-2009, 08:24 PM
well he knows that theres alot of people that buy into his successful money black male image that he has, so he has to keep it to pay his bills

About lil kim not liking the movie
Lil' Kim Unhappy About B.I.G. Biopic, "It's Time For Ms. Wallace To Be Exposed" | SOHH.com (http://www.sohh.com/2008/12/lil_kim_unhappy_about_big.html)

I think she probably gets pushed around by BIG and doesnt want people to see her like that in the movie

that article doesn't say much.

anyway, i would like it if it was a documentary like tupac: resurrection. maybe they should make a tupac movie now.

HyperTek
01-17-2009, 09:29 PM
been reading alot of people said the movie is good
make you cry good.

imma have to see this one way or another.

It would be hard to do a movie about Pac i think. Knowing that he was an actor himself, i think it would be hard to believe whoever is playing him... He seemed to have a crazy personality, loose cannon etc. The 94 shooting really messed him up tho, when he started hating everybody.

S13_Nightkid
01-17-2009, 11:50 PM
^^^yeah.
I'll probably go next weekend. I went to see the movie times and there were like a million young kids...I was like uh what??Oh yeah MTV advertising.

HyperTek
01-18-2009, 12:15 AM
maybe it will steer kids into listening to more meaningful/lyrical hip hop lol

1989rps13
01-18-2009, 01:41 AM
i want to be the only one listening to biggie smalls everybody else can listen to soulja boy
k thanks

I10cruiser
01-18-2009, 02:10 AM
that bitch got fuckeed uppp

HyperTek
01-19-2009, 03:44 AM
dam just watched a bootleg got me teary eyed...

Really good movie... it really hits you. even Pac's death in the movie will hit you.

thesimpleS13
01-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Just saw the movie tonight and it was a good movie! I liked it for the most part. I didn't really like how fast paced the movie was, idk if it's just me or not, but it seemed like it was kinda rushed......if you get what im saying haha. And them showing newer cars that came out after his death was kinda awkward.....other than that great movie!

HyperTek
01-19-2009, 04:10 AM
^yeah.. they where probably tryin to show the "bling" factor with the cars.. older model cars probably wouldnt have got the point across with younger audience watching the movie.. example, a 96 gs300 or Q45 wouldnt hold up too well lol even tho alot of rappers of the time had mentioned those or had em in their vids

JeremyR
01-19-2009, 05:26 PM
^^^
good point about the cars.

but "period" peices should be period correct, regardless of bling factor.

coulda got a 90s benz on some 20s. or something. or a 90s exotic...

dynamicck
01-19-2009, 05:59 PM
The movie seems rushed because it's so enjoyable. This should've been like a 10 dvd movie.

DreamN
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Saw the movie. Thought it was okay. It was too short and too many things were missing in the storyline. Definitely feels as though the movie was rushed with and not much importance was given to it in my opinion.

I'd say save your money and watch it online or wait till you can rent it. I rather go watch Marley and Me again.

BTW this is coming from a Biggie fan.

HyperTek
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
i think the general acceptance of this movie is if you didnt know biggy 100%, which why i enjoyed it.. it didnt in no way make me feel like researching about him on the net.. i end up goin on a Pac forum and discussing about if pac had never joined deathrow, pac would have never been influenced with soo much anger towards big and badboy since suge was probably feeding pac shit like "f them" etc. Pac would have probably been with Badboy too

anthony240
01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
^ exactly, the movie was made so the average audience can enjoy the movie. It was well written and well worth the money. the acting is so-so, in some parts, but i caught myself in the moment. I haven't been captivated by a movie like this in a long time. see it at the movies, download it, AND buy it when it comes out on video.

BustedS13
01-26-2009, 12:42 AM
so i never saw the c6 in the commercial but i saw a thousand gaffes, mostly cars. hyundai sonatas. that c6. a couple mercedes that didn't belong. for some reason kids were listening to a Lasonic TRC-931 in one shot that was supposed to be the mid 90's, which is obviously not an actual gaffe, but seemed strange. and when biggie is sitting on his stoop in '83 writing, he's wearing these headphones that look like they were bought at walmart yesterday. i'm not sure what they were though. it seemed like a too big of a fuckup to let go, so who knows.

in addition, the movie was fucking retarded. i'm sure i could make a screenplay based on a Wikipedia article, where's my movie deal?

kahlua
01-26-2009, 08:47 PM
i just saw the movie and it far exceeded my expectations.

great movie!

S13_Nightkid
01-26-2009, 09:04 PM

I haven't seen the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Duff I just noticed your Boxxy avy...yo she got tourettes son..that bitch is crazy..YOU'SZ TROLLIN!!!!!!!

kyoru
01-26-2009, 09:40 PM

actually I was very surprised as well...

anyways the movie was a lot better then I expected, I thought it would be all serious but it was actually pretty decently light hearted at times. and lil kim must be pissed that shes a total slut in the movie haha

HyperTek
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
^ yeah either that she didnt like how they made her look, or that she was really treated/acted that way and its being exposed in a movie..

I cant take her serious anymore.. *well i never did*.. but knowin she probably sucked a few to get her fame.... and still be around after all these years lol

but the girl in teh movie was really cute... BIG just made her into a hoe-bag

I read somewhere that lil kim in fact did live wiht BIG's mom after he died.. and She didnt know that BIG treated Lil Kim the way he did until she saw the movie.... She really wanted to appologize to lil kim, but Lil Kim was furious about the movie and also BIG's mom about it since she was part producer for it...

exitspeed
05-31-2009, 08:08 AM
I finally rented this last night.

The film was eh. The acting wasn't that great. I woulda liked to have seen the real people play themselves...Faith, Puff, Kim, and Cease.

More then anything the movie really made me sad again at how tragic a loss both Big and Pac were to the hip hop community. It was so unnecessary. Obviously the movie told the story from one perspective but I really would like to talk to all those people involved and here multiple views on the events that lead up to their deaths.

The movie also made me sad AGAIN at the state of hip hip. Watching that movie gets me reminiscing about my life specifically through 1995-1999. How in love with hip hop I was. How much there was to love. It just felt different then it does now.

Black Guy
05-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Honies wanna chat, but all they wanna know is where the party at

Future240
05-31-2009, 09:40 AM

The film was eh. The acting wasn't that great. I woulda liked to have seen the real people play themselves...Faith, Puff, Kim, and Cease.

More then anything the movie really made me sad again at how tragic a loss both Big and Pac were to the hip hop community. It was so unnecessary. Obviously the movie told the story from one perspective but I really would like to talk to all those people involved and here multiple views on the events that lead up to their deaths.

When it came to movie reviews your posts are usually the closest to what I end up thinking about movies, so now I am skeptical. I believe I will wait till it comes on cinemax, or someone I know has the dvd.

exitspeed
05-31-2009, 10:16 AM
When it came to movie reviews your posts are usually the closest to what I end up thinking about movies, so now I am skeptical. I believe I will wait till it comes on cinemax, or someone I know has the dvd.

I mean, I had to see the movie even if it was the most horribly acted movie on the planet. I know his mom and Puffy had a lot to do with the movie so the events that were in it I don't doubt took place similar to ho they were portrayed. The thing is though a lot of the scenes were like reenactments of a verse he spit. Which is kinda cool for a video but I don't know if it was as personal as it could have been. The relationship between Lil Kim and Biggy and Faith and Biggy was interesting to see played out on screen. The girl who played Kim did a pretty good job. And here titties were mad nice. :drool:

HyperTek
05-31-2009, 10:27 AM

The movie also made me sad AGAIN at the state of hip hip. Watching that movie gets me reminiscing about my life specifically through 1995-1999. How in love with hip hop I was. How much there was to love. It just felt different then it does now.

Its a trip, rappers during that era had great grammar and didnt slur their words.. even for high school drop outs lol. Now a days id think some rappers where elementary drop outs lol.

Future240
05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I mean, I had to see the movie even if it was the most horribly acted movie on the planet. I know his mom and Puffy had a lot to do with the movie so the events that were in it I don't doubt took place similar to ho they were portrayed. The thing is though a lot of the scenes were like reenactments of a verse he spit. Which is kinda cool for a video but I don't know if it was as personal as it could have been. The relationship between Lil Kim and Biggy and Faith and Biggy was interesting to see played out on screen. The girl who played Kim did a pretty good job. And here titties were mad nice. :drool:

Biggie was a bit before my generation. To tell the truth I have heard very few of his songs. I heard/have a lot of pac though. I have been skeptical about this movie from its inception. I know as much about him and pac dying as BET documentaries have told me. So I am going into this one with lowered expectations. I find doing that can make a meh movie into an okay one.

exitspeed
05-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Its a trip, rappers during that era had great grammar and didnt slur their words.. even for high school drop outs lol. Now a days id think some rappers where elementary drop outs lol.

That's true. The intelligence factor seems to have been removed from hip hop.

Do you remember when Forever was released? I mean that double CD had more big words in it then the last 5 years of hip hop records combined.

This is why I still love Jay-Z. He still releases the stuff for the radio but his albums are still filled with intellect that is absent elsewhere.

Biggie was a bit before my generation. To tell the truth I have heard very few of his songs. I heard/have a lot of pac though. I have been skeptical about this movie from its inception. I know as much about him and pac dying as BET documentaries have told me. So I am going into this one with lowered expectations. I find doing that can make a meh movie into an okay one.

Man that trips me out. You seem like a cool cat though. Not a knuckle head like a lotta kids out there.

You should go pick up Ready to Die and Life After Death when you get a chance. They are without question two of the best hip hop, fuck that MUSIC albums ever created. As a hip hop fan you owe it to yourself to have those albums in your collection. If I lost all my music somehow they would be the very next albums I'd replace after my Jay-Z collection.

Future240
05-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Man that trips me out. You seem like a cool cat though. Not a knuckle head like a lotta kids out there.

You should go pick up Ready to Die and Life After Death when you get a chance. They are without question two of the best hip hop, fuck that MUSIC albums ever created. As a hip hop fan you owe it to yourself to have those albums in your collection. If I lost all my music somehow they would be the very next albums I'd replace after my Jay-Z collection.

Thanks Mel, I enjoy a wide variety of music, and unlike a lot of people in my age group I don't let the music I listen to, define who I am.

If I did, I would be a very confused individual. Right now on my Ipod, contains music from, Lupe Fiasco, Three 6 Mafia, MC Chris,Gucci Mane, Beastie boys, Slipknot, Insane Clown Posse, Drake, Kid Cudi, Dethklock, Linkin park Kayne, etc. etc.

Looking to add, Nas, and more heavey metal(really late on him, but his old stuff will be new to me so eh).

I think all genres of music have their time and place. Sometimes I want to hear ignorant, simple stuff with a good bass line and comically bad lyrics. Other times I want to hear something intelligent and deep, or something that makes me break out the air drums.

But no matter what I listen to, I will still just be me.