PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic!!!

DMC
02-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Does anyone which year hondas have the same engine as a 93 civic dx (1.5L sohc) or if you could tell me what would need to be done to put the 1.6L in there(ecu swap?) also since you guys dont have civics, any good honda forums you know of? thanks alot

Jeff240sx
02-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm sure that www.google.com has tons of civic sites and information.
In the meantime, I'm moving this to OT, since it has NOTHING to do with the 240sx.
-Jeff

DMC
02-20-2003, 07:33 PM
yea but you leave that one about "Who lives in ontario?"?!?! what the hell is up with that why dont you guys get your priorities straight and delete the right posts?!

DMC
02-20-2003, 07:44 PM
FREE Carfax reports for those of you that need it :)
any one in Ontario Canada?
photoshop 5,6,7
New Rays wheels.
Polishing wheels
reckless driving for doughnuts....
Eccentric Speed & Style
Are Powerstop Brakes good?
datsunracer
I saw this car the other day...
Has anyone gotten Greddy's new boost/e-manage controller (profec E0-1)
nismo rims
New guy!!
Pics Only
etc...... My post has to do with an important car question, not just wasting space like abunch of other posts you leave alone.

Jeff240sx
02-20-2003, 08:32 PM
I'll field this one.
"Why can't my post asking about a civic engine and honda sites stay in chat, off topic (nothing to do with cars) Technical (people who know alot about 240s not civics post here) Chat (things to do with cars, lots of people who used to have hondas look here) My post isnt just a waste of space like the others..it isnt a stupid post sayin "hi my name is david" since noone will remember anyway there are what 300 members ?"

Well, simply because the 240sx Chat is "A discussion about the 240sx," and a Civic isn't a 240sx, now is it?
I allow people to post "Hi my name is..." posts because they have a 240sx, and it "fits" the guidelines. Rims, boost controllers, and questions about parts are also allowed, since they are going / have been on a 240sx. "I saw this car..." it's probably a 240sx they saw, or they raced it in their 240sx, so I leave most of those alone too. This was a judgement call, which, according to the Terms of Service you accepted, allows me to make that call. And don't post more than 1 post in a row, or I will delete the following posts. Use the edit button, that's what it's there for.
Now.. please don't disrespect my decision again.
-Jeff

azian21485
02-20-2003, 10:13 PM
ur probly talkin bout a b16a rite?? u'll need the entire motor and i believe u'll need engine mounts..not sure tho..don't quote me on that

suggested honda site: www.superhonda.com just reached 47000 members...excellent site

SimpleS14
02-20-2003, 11:34 PM
If you have the money....swap in a V20 or H22.

DuffMan
02-21-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by James
V20?!? What the heck is that?

Maybe he meant A20. Now that's a real high performance honda engine!

:D

DMC
02-21-2003, 05:49 AM
well i have a 240, but my sister has a civic with a dead engine, so i was trying to find out what other years haee the same engine. Thanks for the help, time to go to the junkyard.

AKADriver
02-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Only the 92-95 DX's whether they be hatch, coupe, or sedan have exactly the same engine and electronics.
DX's (+cx's) suck as a basis for swapping- because they are DPFI- dual point fuel injection- instead of MPFI- multi-point fuel injection. Also they don't have VTEC. Even the lowest model VX has VTEC!

'92-'95 DX's have MPFI. You're thinking of the 4th gen DX.

The '92-'95 LX sedan will also have this same 1.5L 16v SOHC non-VTEC engine.

Saul240
02-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, simply because the 240sx Chat is "A discussion about the 240sx," and a Civic isn't a 240sx, now is it?

I agree, there are maaany forums out there for civic, and integra discussions. Thus if you compare the civics to 240's they do have many different traits, also the population of the civics outdo the 240sx thats why zilvia.net allows 240sx talk only.

AKADriver
02-21-2003, 02:27 PM
All cars and all topics are allowed in this, the Off Topic forum.

This thread was originally in 240SX Chat, and moved, hence the argument.

Saul240
02-21-2003, 03:09 PM
oh ic....sorry sorry

SilviaDriver
02-21-2003, 03:25 PM

Your options price wise:
(guessing you're too broke to afford a SR/240)
D16Z6- $550
B16A2 $2,500
B18A/B $1,500 +go turbo +$2,000
B18C - too much=not worth it. just mod a B16 to be as fast- or LS/turbo to be faster.

i say..swap in a B18C1 at least. if your rich go with the B18c5 [usdm type R 195hp 10cr] or if you like bling bling B18C spec R [JDM type R 200hp 11cr]

but i say a B18C1 [GSR] is worth it. my friend has EG hatch with a B18C1 and runs 14 flat all day. bone stock. my friend has a B16 in his G2..slow

as for forums. Honda-Tech.com they are great. if you wanna learn about Integras engines, Team-Integra.net

SimpleS14
02-21-2003, 04:45 PM
V20?!? What the heck is that?

I meant the CRV engine...YES...the small SUV, and I'm serious since I've seen it done.

SilviaDriver
02-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by GT specR
I meant the CRV engine...YES...the small SUV, and I'm serious since I've seen it done.

B20 swaps are nothing new.

SimpleS14
02-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
B20 swaps are nothing new.

Ok....but I don't really care since I'm not into Honda's (you can tell by the typo in my post). :D

SilviaDriver
02-21-2003, 06:40 PM
And the K20 which I thought you meant is a RSX type-S engine- so that into a '93 would be expensive and an OBD wiring nightmare.
And making a CR-VTEC or LS-VTEC would be cheaper/more bang for the buck AND more powerful than a B18C which is expensive and not all that.

forgetting how much of a nightmare a frankenstien engine can be alos. yea they are more powerful from the start. but if not done correctly, oil leak and other problems can accur.

a K20A in a EG is not something somebody would do or spend time with. better off putting the K20 into the new civics [7th gen]

SilviaDriver
02-22-2003, 03:46 AM
Yeah, the risk of any frankenstein just doesn't make it worthwhile to me. But it ALL depends on the materials/builder.

Since I have a D16Y8 head, er, blown engine in my garage
I would attempt to do a mini-me :)

Silviadriver: we seem to be the only ones well versed in the potential for Honda's (and other cars, right). Makes me wonder why everyone on this board knocks them left and right- when they have no idea what they're talking about.

If only they knew how cheap it was to have a fast car I bet some would jump ship over to Honda-
of course you have the "haters" that assume all honda's are rice- LOL.

CLIFF NOTES: hondas are awsome.

my friend did a mini-me in front of his garage, its nothing special. you can say its basically a SOHC Vtec EX engine. its not that hard, you can get the wiring off a site. he did it to a CRX

yea, thats becuz i love honda. alongside Nissan. i do not disrepect other car companies. or claiming all hondas are rice n **** like that..well becuz thats a stupid comment. jumping to conclusions. people say all hondas are rice, bumble bee this and that..becuz they had a bad encounter with one, so they claim all are like that. thats kinda like saying, you run into a skank hoe, and all girls are hoes.

i know the potential for hondas...and yea i want a honda, i still want a EG hatch as a project car, rather than a s13 fastback or any other car. i mean, my friends arent that fast n all..but from wat they run for STOCK cars is pretty quick..well above normal i should say. GSR funning 14.9 with intake, considering a GSR runs 15.5 stock. forgot to mention the GSR has 15 rota slipstreams, full urethane wings west kit. along with a misshift and BRAKING before crossing the line..yea thats my stupid brother. yea some of you will say, RICE! all show no go. but hey got got all of those used off another friend for 2 bills + 95 GSR rims. nice trade dont u think?

the story behind the braking? it was his first time at the track, he ran misshifted from 2-3, and later thought he crossed the finish line so he started to break and slow down, but then found out he didnt pass it yet [doh]..and he also broke out [bracket racing, dial ET was 15.1]

now im not here saying 14.9 oh **** thats Fast! cuz im sure a lot of people can run 13s and blow my brother by. but putting into consideration of a kit, rims, misshift, and breaking 14.9 isnt that bad, right?

i know plenty about B Series, i hang around team-integra all the time, along with sometimes H-T. my brother owns a GSR..so he teaches me some stuff about B series.

again, i dont knock on that all hondas owners are rice this and that. im not saying Everybody does it, but i know there is a few out there that does. learn to appreciate other car companies as you appreciate yours.

James, if you are interested in the MiniMe swap. ill ask my friend where he got the wiring info for you to do the setup...from wat i saw [standing there and watching] it doesnt look hard at all, just the wires may be a bit dirty and ull need to clean it up to see the colors and also over time the colors has faded a bit so its hard to tell, besides that i dont think its hard at all.

i mean..look at honda, i for one have to say i love their styling. i like how the EKs look. i like the way the EGs look. i like the way the DC2s look. i love the NSX. they have good style. even if left stock they still look great, and if fixed up correctly they can look awsome! i dont midn the FWD at all. hell i drove a 1986 faded blue DX 4dr auto accord for 3 yrs before i got my 240sx. i dont think FWD is all that bad. people say they preform for ****, but look at RealTime. they rule! if you know Honda, you SHOULD know who RealTime is. and i do not think Integras handle like ****. they are great autox cars. hell my friend has a friend who owns a LS-T that does circuit and he passes M3s, SR S14, and he passed up a NSX!

just like our cars, they have potential as well. yea i know my post is long, but oh well.

91blk240
02-22-2003, 04:33 AM
I wanna eventually get a civic hatch and build it for all motor.

I like the looks of them and its nice to have a few options when it comes to motors.

Locally one guy has one with an LS/VTEC motor running low 13s with minor mods and another running a stock b18c5 with cat-back running 13.85, thats pretty damn good if you ask me.

saga240
02-22-2003, 10:34 AM
mini me swap?.. LOL define that one.. geez they have so many names for all the hybrid motors that it gives me headaches sometimes..

I dont know why tons of people on here knock on hondas.. very good cars..

I tried out the 03 SI and the Type S.. omg.. very nice cars.. The SI feels great though, reminds me of the 240sx. LOL.. nice and smooth.. but no balls..

now the Type S.. omg.. that thing is a beast.. its way too fast for its own good.. lol

-james

Bbandit
02-22-2003, 12:56 PM
lets not talk more about honda...
im starting to miss my ls/vtec integra :(
http://www.maddphatt.com/integra/integrars.html

SilviaDriver
02-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
lets not talk more about honda...
im starting to miss my ls/vtec integra :(
http://www.maddphatt.com/integra/integrars.html

bbandit...i said this before and ill say it again. your ls/vtec is a beauty. black with rota slipstreams. lovely

looks like my bros car

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p5e5a3dc7231346977a855f42a6e02a64/fcb2801a.jpg

91blk240
02-22-2003, 04:45 PM
bbandit...i said this before and ill say it again. your ls/vtec is a beauty. black with rota slipstreams. lovely

i second that, looks really nice...too bad you let it go

Bbandit
02-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 91blk240
i second that, looks really nice...too bad you let it go

yes i had to (due to financial problem)
but i wouldnt mind to get another honda (either integra or eg6) if i have the money..
worth the fun and the money :D