PDA

View Full Version : RHD center console on LHD car

peetiewonder
01-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey guys,
whats going on. i was wondering if anyone here has put a rhd center console and relocated the ebrake to the right side of the car while keeping the car LHD. When I get my 240, i am going to need to do this because as it is right now i would not be able to pull the ebrake during a drift without jamming the thing into my knee. Pix would also be awesome if you have some, I am trying to get an idea for how plausible this is to do and whether or not it is worth the effort.

thanks in advance

alzahakar
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, it can be done. Yes it has been done. Why would you want to? Notice how that ebrake handle pulls up and toward you in the driver seat? The JDM piece does the same thing, only it would pull up and toward your passenger side. Best thing you could probably do is modify your LHD handle to pull straight up or look into a hydraulic ebrake setup.

projectRDM
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Lots of people move it, it's not that hard with the right parts and some sheetmetal.

You can also just remove it altogether and carry chocks under the seat. Primitive but way damn easier.

peetiewonder
01-07-2009, 10:47 PM
what would be involved in making it move straight up? because the way they are stock theres no way it will work for me.

drifting.8
01-07-2009, 11:17 PM
^
are you fat ?

peetiewonder
01-08-2009, 08:55 AM
i'm 6-5 and 280

RACEBREAD
01-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Im about 6'4" 270 and i have the same problem and i was thinkin the same thing maybe a hydraulic with the rhd center...

porschekilla
07-05-2013, 05:22 PM
this thought has crossed my mind a few times not because im fat but when im driving my knee is always resting on the freaking e-brake kinda bugs me. Anyone got a RHD center console they want to give me