PDA

View Full Version : qt_240

C-unit
01-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I bought a stack ST8100 cluster of qt_240 couple months ago. I was told from the seller that the cluster reads metric, comes with full complete harness. Upon receiving the cluster, the harness come cut in the speedo, datalogging section. I've tried paypal or pm him to resolve the problem but nothing works. Seller pretty much ignore me beside saying that he is sorry he didn't know much about the cluster and the installer cut the harness and its not his fault. Now I have to spend couple hundred to get the harness fixed and I am still stuck with a cluster that reads Imperial which I don't have a clue what they means. :rl::rl::rl: I tried pm him for a full refund or just pay for the conversion to make it metric and new harness, no reply since then. I am not looking to get my money back but hopefully let people know that I have bad experience from him and hopefully you are not next.

link of transaction:
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/215929-stack-st8100-gauge-cluster.html

Charles

qt_240
01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I feel I should reply to this thread, not to start an online argument with you or to go against anything. But I feel it is only fair I should give my input. I've been on zilvia for a while now, I've done many transactions on here with many different members across the world. And I have never had one bad transaction selling to anybody. I've always been honest and very meticulous on trying to make sure everything goes smoothly. And to be perfectly honest this was just a bad transaction for the both of us. From the beginning I made it very perfectly clear I wasn't to familiar with the stack cluster. It was barely used and wired up literally a handful of times. I was never the one who installed it, it was a buddy of mine, who has installed a stack cluster before. Therefore every question that was asked, I had to direct to him before replying back. Buyer knew this. I was willing to send as many pictures as possible because for the fact I wasn't completely knowledgeable on the product. I took pictures of everything that would be included with the sale. (box, wires, manuals, sensors etc.)The cluster Worked 100% perfectly before it was taken out of my car. Also with that being said I was also very willing to let it go for the best offer applied. I needed to get rid of it, b/c I needed the money, and that was the only reason. I ended up letting it go for cheaper than I originally asked. Around $900ish before shipping and 3% paypal fees. I never lied or was dishonest from the beginning. Upon Charles receiving the package he was upset about a portion of the harness being cut, not the entire harness. Everything still worked minus the speedometer. I really was never aware of it. Never did I ever ignore him, I replied to every PM he sent. I told him I would address it, to my guy who wired it up originally. But then my guy started being a too busy for me. I did apologize to him about the harness, but i did tell him I wasnt' familiar with it from the beginning, he knew he was buying a used unit from someone who didn't know much about the product. One of the reasons why I sold it for cheap. I am not a business so I cannot provide a warranty with everything I sell, plus the stack still worked. If anything with most used items sold by private parties it is sold as is unless otherwise stated. Charles wanted $400 back or a full refund. And I really couldn't do that, I sold the stack b/c I needed the money at the time, plus with $400 back to him, that means I would be roughly selling him the whole stack with sensors for $500, when originally it worth $1700ish. Everything still worked minus the speedometer.

So again, I am sorry for the whole ordeal. This transaction was just bad for both of us, I would like to just move on. And i believe next time we will be both more careful. I for one will not be selling anything anymore unless I, myself know the product 100% rather than relying on someone else, which would lead in return having a bad transaction like this.