PDA

View Full Version : CUSCO twin plate, overhaul parts, for SR20DET

Master Chief
01-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi guys.
I got from a friend of mine a used CUSCO twin plate clutch.
He also got it used from somewhere, and didnt use it.
I was thinking of using it, but i would like to replace some of the parts with new ones.
I would want to replace the flywheel, clutch plates, and meaby the center friction plate as well.
Allso i would like to replace all the bolts, and get the apropiate flywheel bolts, wich i think are not the same as OEM bolts.
Allso not sure if the OEM relse bearing works, or i need something special.
The clutch disks themselves, have EXEDY printed on them, as well as the Pressure plate wich says EXEDY and CUSCO.
This clutch looks really simmilar to the EXEDY twin, only it has a BLUE pressure plate instead of PURPLE.
Could be that EXEDY and CUSCO parts of this clutch are interchangeble - but i dont know.
Any ideas ?
Anyone know where can i get the parts i need ?

Allso - is anyone using this clutch ? How is it in dayli driving ? I.e. at stoplights/parking/sliping the clutch, etc ???
I curently have a SPEC STAGE 3 PLUS - wich is great. Feels like OEM in all aspects - but its starting to slip under havy use, at my power - 457hp.
Thanks.

Master Chief
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
No one is using this CUSCO/EXEDY twin plate ?

Om1kron
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
nope.................

Zerolift Autolab
01-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Cuscos clutches are made by OS GIKEN

you may want to look them up.

Master Chief
01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I dont know - My Cusco says CUSCO and EXEDY...... you think OS giken makes them ? Sounds strange no ?

What daily drive friendly TWIN PLATE do you guys use ?

fliprayzin240sx
01-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I use Os Giken Twins...rebuild parts for them arent cheap. I paid about $650 for the rebuild kit. Basically replaced everything but the flywheel, cage and clutch cover. New hardware, 2 new clutch plates, 1 new intermediate plate and new pressure plate.

Id check RHDJapan.com if I were you...