PDA

View Full Version : 30gb ZUNE crash/freeze

drftkng951
12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
so my zune froze today on restart and well i couldn't even restart it. so i looked online for a solution.
i came up with this forum/thread....
Zune frozen on "loading" screen (http://www.zuneuser.com/forums/t/Zunefrozenonloadingscreen-4590.aspx?p=1)

there is a fix...unplug the battery...idk kinda sketchy....
people all over the world are having the same problem...
anyone else having the same problem?
:naw:you are not alone :naw:

this is my zune
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/3153761351_a16e04a3e0.jpg

1QUICK4
12-31-2008, 01:20 PM
it's the y2k man

S13_Nightkid
12-31-2008, 01:28 PM
dont buy a zune. thats one solution. But lol nah doesnt it come with a warranty or some BS? I would check up on that.

cc4usmc
12-31-2008, 01:30 PM
When my ipod freezes, I just let it die.

And Zunes suck.

1QUICK4
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM
When my ipod freezes, I just let it die.

And Zunes suck.

when my old ipod video would freeze i would toggle the hold button and then hold down menu and ok and it would restart, usually always worked when it was froze

cc4usmc
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
when my old ipod video would freeze i would toggle the hold button and then hold down menu and ok and it would restart, usually always worked when it was froze

Oh you know what.. I do that too. I forgot.. I had to let my last ipod die because the buttons didn't work. haha oh well.

Future240
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Ha ha ha you have a zune

RJF
12-31-2008, 02:38 PM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

awesomenick
HAHAHA. Every single person I know who has one of those has that problem now.

LOL at you guys for not getting an iPod. :boink:

HyperTek
call microsoft they might replace it if ur under warranty im on my 3rd one, same zune. They are great though til something happens. did you try holding the left arrow and up at the same time to reboot?

You can open it with your finger nails. Use a small flat screwdriver to pry the plastic trim around the usb port, and than there are 2 fine small philips screws you need to remove.. than you can pry it apart with your fingers.

Software updates make the zunes better all the time lol.. before they didnt have games for this and no wifi store, now its got it. I just wish you could play avi on it.

I got the zune in 07 when it still had that "fresh new" drool factor going for it. Its kinda too bulky for jogging etc
microsoft sucks imo, look at all the xbox problems

drftkng951
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
imo in like zune's better than ipod's, but like i said imo.
the only thing i like about ipod's is how convenient it is to have one and how small it is

C. Senor
12-31-2008, 03:51 PM
i had a zune, till i gave it to my brother. my zune one day took a crap and didnt turn on. i forgot about and when i found like 6 months later, turned on like it was brand new. it also deleted all the music i had on there. but it worked fine. weird. if i ever have to buy an mp3, i'm buying an ipod. good thing phones come as mp3 players now.

but to be on topic. leave it alone for a while. maybe yours will turn back on fine like mine did.

enkei2k
12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Microsoft blames leap year for Zune freeze - Tech and gadgets - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28449091/wid/11915829?GT1=40006)

"...“a bug in the internal clock driver related to the way the device handles a leap year.”..."

Let the battery die
Recharge it.
Turn the device on.

found this...sucks man, ipod ftw!

blaze
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
yeah my sisters zune just went out at midnight.

my sister told me that they said to wait till midnight tonight and it might be fixed.

niSm095
12-31-2008, 04:51 PM
LolZ at the LOZZZZERSZ that have ZuNES!?! People are retarded. It's a little box. It plays music. If you're so trendy you have to have an ipod then enjoy it. I just use whatever I get for free. First it was an ipod, now it's a zune. Mine did the same thing today. All of the 30 gig ones from 07 did. It should work by noon tomorrow. It's an internal clock thing.

Zune.net | Zune.net Home (http://www.zune.com/support)

cserrano86
12-31-2008, 07:29 PM
I love my Zune... But I had to switch to an iPod when I got my Mac... It's just more convenient...
But niSm095 is right. It should work tomorrow...I kinda hope the bug doesn't fix itself though. Maybe then Microsoft will start issuing rebates or something...

ManoNegra
12-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Got a 30 gig Zune since they been out
had to reset it a couple of times
very happy with the unit overall
it's the firmaware that's kind of sketchy
no more or less problems than my sister's had to deal with on her iPods
it's long on the tooth now
but at the time it was the best option out there
(radio, video, storage)
still going strong
would probably get an iPod if it were to break
(need something small for the gym and jogging)
sucks that both still don't support FLAC
although Zune supports mp4 and lossless WMA
on the latest firmware upgrade

drftkng951
01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
i let it die 4 times yesterday, then unplugged it, went out and partied, came home this morning at it works fine............fuckin microsoft
i'm happy with the product and company but seriously over a fucking internal clock everyone's zune freezes?