PDA

View Full Version : SILEIGHTY sighting in fremont ca!!!

2FortyessX
02-17-2003, 01:32 AM
so i was driving around by my friends house and we see a fully modified sileighty! it was blue with 180sx tailights. it had some nice exhaust and the emblem said 180sx and it had a turbo charged one on the top right. the front was some nice silvia headlights and a hood that was painted black (not cf) the licence plate said SIL8TY and it was so badass. does anyone know who this is or where he posts? he had a jspec.com sticker on the side.

Dousan_PG
02-17-2003, 09:21 AM
nice guy. his brother drives a R32 gtr (which i think he's selling)
please dont post the guys' license plate, that isnt polite

i met him at a track event at buttonwillow. really really cool guy. dont know if he frequents any boards.

please dont post his license plate #s. be courteous

Heartwork
02-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
[B]nice guy. his brother drives a R32 gtr (which i think he's selling)

well he already made it easy for everyone else to remember his license plates.....
i mean cmon, with a SilEighty look car, how can anyone forget how tacky the license plate on it is....

KiDyNomiTe
02-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Heartwork
well he already made it easy for everyone else to remember his license plates.....
i mean cmon, with a SilEighty look car, how can anyone forget how tacky the license plate on it is....

Go out and pick 10 random people and ask them "Hey do you know what a sil-eighty is?"

How many will answer yes?

liscence plates could really mean anything if you have a big enough imagination.

hooter
02-17-2003, 07:25 PM
If you are resourceful enough, you can use license plates to track down the address of the owner of the car. Thats why most people blur out license plate numbers in pics (at least I do).

Its just a bad thing to do.

-Charlie

masta
02-17-2003, 08:10 PM
I guess we here at SoCal are spoiled. We see a lot of Sileighty Conversions here. Unless of course you saw one of those rare factory Sileighty's from Nissan, or a JDM one.

NiteKids
02-17-2003, 08:42 PM
you make it sound like you never seen a 240sx or Sileighty ever in your life. lol

But like someone else said living out here makes us spoiloed on that type of stuff. Cause it's kinda common and JDM parts or whatever is so easy to get here.

elevator
02-17-2003, 09:11 PM
So your saying you see a lot of Sileighties around?

2FortyessX
02-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
nice guy. his brother drives a R32 gtr (which i think he's selling)

i met him at a track event at buttonwillow. really really cool guy. dont know if he frequents any boards.

please dont post his license plate #s. be courteous
im sorry, i didnt realize it was a big thing. i tried to edit the post but it was too late. i mean with a licence plate like that i wanted people to be able to recignize it

2FortyessX
02-17-2003, 09:49 PM
i mean cmon, with a SilEighty look car, how can anyone forget how tacky the license plate on it is.... it wasnt tacky, it thought it was cool.

2FortyessX
02-17-2003, 09:52 PM
i mean cmon, with a SilEighty look car, how can anyone forget how tacky the license plate on it is.... i didnt think it was tacky, i thought it was pretty cool

2FortyessX
02-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by NiteKids
you make it sound like you never seen a 240sx or Sileighty ever in your life. lol

But like someone else said living out here makes us spoiloed on that type of stuff. Cause it's kinda common and JDM parts or whatever is so easy to get here. heh, sorry. i have seen 2 or 3 around in the bay area so its a pretty cool thing. what was an even cooler thing is that this guy lives like 4 blocks from my house, thats why i was so excited. i wanted to see what boards he posts on or where i can chat with him. i dont want to like drool over his car and have him chase me off with a stick or something.

Dousan_PG
02-17-2003, 10:14 PM
just introduce yourself. i talked with him shortly at the track. really really cool guy.
drive up there w/ your 240sx though, then he'll probably understand and be delighted w/ your compliments

gladhatter: yeah we see a lot of sil80s down here. nothing special. and silvia front ends in general

SiL1480
02-17-2003, 11:31 PM
I live in Vallejo, and I have only seen one...it was a white coupe with 3 projector...saw it at WAL-MART!!! :D

:( almost crashed staring at it for sooo long:eek:

Danio
02-18-2003, 02:49 AM
I just remember his girlfriend's pretty hot. But yah, awesome car.

DarkRaptor42
02-18-2003, 11:18 AM
you guys are lucky, here in the valley Im the only one with a 240. A couple 300zs but no 240s. We need to met up and show me this stuff.

Jsquared
02-18-2003, 05:11 PM
being on the east coast (NC) i've never seen a JDM S13 nose, much less a sil-80 conversion...

elevator
02-18-2003, 05:15 PM
My son has a buddy in Jacksonville, NC who is in the process of doing a Sileighty. He brought an SR20DET and front end back with him from here. He picked up a 240sx when he got there and is redoing it as we speak. It should be REALLY nice. He is kind of anal with his cars.:D

Jsquared
02-18-2003, 05:22 PM
dude! PM me his email or something, i'd LOVE to see it, even in progress (if he's close enough in NC i might be able to help). if i could see it in progress that'd help a ton since i'm planning on doing an SR swap on an S13....

240silvia
02-21-2003, 01:30 PM
I live in Wilmington NC and I had no idea that there were so many people around here with 240's. Make sure that you tell that guy in J-ville to bring the Conversion here on a Wednesday night. All of the JDM guys meet at Soundtronics on Market Street. My friend jonathan kas a KA-T, runs 11.8. i wanna see some racing!!!