PDA

View Full Version : Radiator hose blew up..

ju1ce415
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
yeah it blew up today, and now there's like a crack in it.. i had to drive home so i let it cool down and it worked fine. i am bamboozled to why it happened as i put in a new koyo radiator 2 months ago..

i will be replacing asap but i would like to know the causes, if it can happen again, and if there is something wrong with my car

cwallace12
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Did you replace the hoses when you put in the new radiator or did you use old ones?

murda-c
12-28-2008, 11:46 PM
It was probably just old, but just to be safe get a pressure tester and make sure your head gasket isn't blown.

Slammed Assassin
12-28-2008, 11:52 PM
was your car overheating before it blew?..when u changed the radiator did u put in new hoses and thermostat?

4x4le
12-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Did you get any coolant on the wiring harness? I blew a hose this summer and my car started acting up and were stripping the harness now due to harness grimlens. My fist s13 also had an issue when I got coolant on the harness. It really is frustrating and sometimes dont show up right away.

ju1ce415
12-29-2008, 01:51 AM
did not put in new hoses or anything else, just the radiator.

it was over heating once like a month or 2 ago, but i was driving alot that day and it was a pretty hot day but i just added more coolant and it fixed it.
and it was not over heating prior to the blow up.

can it be the head gasket? because before i put in the new radiator it was over heating but since ive been driving the hell outta my s13 and no problems til the hose blow up.