PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favorite NASCAR drivers?

onebadm5
02-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Gordon (Jeff, that is). That kid could drive the wheels of anything. I'm happy he's made a great name for himself in WC, but given his open wheel background, I think it would have been cool to have seen him tear it up in a champ car...

AutoDestruct
02-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Dead man Dale. Only because he demonstrated his ability to pilot a car in both directions Left and right at Daytona or Sebring, I forget which. His kid spun out like 5, 6 times and He still won outright against the faster prototypes and his own GT(s?) class. It was pretty impressive for a nascar racer. and then he bought it, friggin shame. At least he died behind the wheel, he probably would have wanted it that way. :(

ca18guy
02-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Jimmy Spencer. He grew up in the town next to the one I grew up in and his family some how knows my family, so growing up all my uncles and dad root for him so now I have to :)

Evil S14
02-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Tony Stewart,, because its fun to watch him get mad

Phlip
02-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Jeff Gordon, because he too can drive the car when left and right turns are involved... Outside of that, I don't have a favorite. We live between martinsville and charlotte, so going to the race and drinking beer usually supercedes actually WATCHING the bore-fests...

b_dyche
02-18-2003, 01:43 AM
well... I've watched NASCAR hard-core since my parents got their first VCR & Cable... (1986)... I was 2 years old and remember Dale Earnhardt more than anyone... I have about 95% of the races that were on TV from 1986-present on tape...

My favorites, in no particular order:

Mark Martin
Dale Earnhardt (Sr. & Jr.)
Sterling Marlin (Favorite CURRENT driver)
Dale Jarret
Michael Waltrip
Ricky Rudd
Tony Stewart
Bobby Labonte

awww heck... I like most of 'em... my least favorites are Jeff & Robby Gordon... Jimmy Spencer... Terry Labonte... Jeremy Mayfield...

AceInHole
02-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Heh... I was a Dale Earnhardt fan when I was a kid.

But.... isn't this a Motorsports topic?

the head
02-18-2003, 02:38 PM
crash earnhart because he is dead
any moron can drive 500 miles in a circle
NASCAR sucks
real racers turn right and left

Phlip
02-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Funny how this thread was actually pretty cool until the disrespect had to start... The "crash earnhart" comment is out of line.

Justin-ATL
02-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Funny how this thread was actually pretty cool until the disrespect had to start... The "crash earnhart" comment is out of line.

agreed,

I have grown up watching Nascar, since it was really the only kind of racing to get TV time here in the South at least until recently. But I'm a huge fan of F1 and WRC also...

Having said that I think my favorite nascar driver right now is Dale Earnhart jr. , with Kevin harvick in a close 2nd.

91blk240
02-19-2003, 12:15 AM
anybody that drives 500 miles at 180+ mph bumper to bumper most of the time has my respect.

elevator
02-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by AceInHole
But.... isn't this a Motorsports topic? If it was some nurd would lock it.:rolleyes:
Originally posted by James
I thought this was why Motorsports was created!
(minus the nazi mods of course :) )

What is up with motorsports? :rolleyes:

Jeff240sx
02-19-2003, 09:52 AM
TNord isn't a mod anymore... so don't worry about that.
Also, S13Grl (Admin) moved this to OT, and I doubt that myself or any other moderator is going to move it back.
-Jeff

onebadm5
02-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by the head
crash earnhart because he is dead
any moron can drive 500 miles in a circle
NASCAR sucks
real racers turn right and left

really? well i guess you'd be the perfect test subject:)

i'd love to see all the nascar neighsayers actually try and do what those guys do on a competitive and consistent basis (read: practically every sunday from february to november). I'm not saying it's the pinnacle of motorsport, but it ain't no walk in the park...

burgy240
02-19-2003, 11:24 AM
Ward Burton, because there is NO better post race interview in all of NASCAR. :D

silnv
02-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Cole Trickle for Mello Yellow

Seriously I am an Earnhardt fan always have always will.

onebadm5
02-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by burgy240
Ward Burton, because there is NO better post race interview in all of NASCAR. :D

ablah ablah ablah, that's all folks:D