PDA

View Full Version : Dolly the Sheep Died

whateverjames
02-14-2003, 06:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/02/14/cloned.dolly.dies/index.html

lived longer than i thought it would...

96SEChick
02-14-2003, 09:04 PM
The greatest worry many scientists have is that human clones -- even if they don't have monstrous abnormalities in the womb -- will need hip replacements in their teenage years and perhaps develop senile dementia by their 20th birthday.

This is a very scary thought

Sniper-X
02-15-2003, 02:02 AM
Lets eat some lamb chops then.

-E-
02-15-2003, 08:44 AM
The greatest worry many scientists have is that human clones -- even if they don't have monstrous abnormalities in the womb -- will need hip replacements in their teenage years and perhaps develop senile dementia by their 20th birthday.
:eek:

Phlip
02-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Sniper-X
Lets eat some lamb chops then.
Thanks, but no thanks...
1. Don't eat red meat
2. Don't accept meals from people who play with God
Personally, I thought they were out of place to even clone the sheep in the first place, the degenerative problems that came along were, in my opinion, confirmation that they were out of line...

ca18guy
02-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Thanks, but no thanks...
1. Don't eat red meat
Personally, I thought they were out of place to even clone the sheep in the first place, the degenerative problems that came along were, in my opinion, confirmation that they were out of line...

Its just one of the first experiments, i'm sure it will get better. I just can't believe its been 6 years allready since they made dolly.

Phlip
02-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ca18guy
Its just one of the first experiments, i'm sure it will get better. I just can't believe its been 6 years allready since they made dolly.
My stance has always been "what's the point" and I am also shocked to see that it has been 6 years... Isn't it weird how turns of events in the states cause things that were once HUGE to slip from our memories? BTW, where in NC will you be moving to?

SimpleS14
02-15-2003, 05:37 PM
There is no point in cloning....playing God is just wrong and we will pay for it in the end.

The only thing I want to clone is the orange Signal S15 :p

ca18guy
02-15-2003, 07:28 PM
BTW, where in NC will you be moving to?

Seymour Johnson AFB, pretty sure its next to goldsboro.

Titan
02-15-2003, 08:07 PM

You actually believe you haven't eaten a genetically modified fruit/vegtable yet? We all have.

I hate how people refer to genetics as "playing god", considering I am not a believer, I feel the church has no right to have such massive influence over concerning matters. Like it or not, we will continue to mess with genetics, and eventually we will get it correct, sadly at a high cost of life most likely. Yet, we payed (and confirmed even recently) still pay a price for space exploration among other progressive sciences... it will be no different with genetic modifications.

Phlip
02-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ca18guy
Seymour Johnson AFB, pretty sure its next to goldsboro.
Cool, we are in Greensboro, you'll have to meet up with us when you get here...

Phlip
02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Titan
You actually believe you haven't eaten a genetically modified fruit/vegtable yet? We all have.

I hate how people refer to genetics as "playing god", considering I am not a believer, I feel the church has no right to have such massive influence over concerning matters. Like it or not, we will continue to mess with genetics, and eventually we will get it correct, sadly at a high cost of life most likely. Yet, we payed (and confirmed even recently) still pay a price for space exploration among other progressive sciences... it will be no different with genetic modifications.
Genetically modified fruit/veggies? I'm listening, please enlighten me. I'm not the one that will cut someone's head off for conveying their opinion for the sake of my own beliefs.

ca18guy
02-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Genetically modified fruit/veggies? I'm listening, please enlighten me. I'm not the one that will cut someone's head off for conveying their opinion for the sake of my own beliefs.

The fruits and veggies you been eating for the past few years probably have been genetically altered. It is a huge controversy over in europe but it seems to not take precedence in the US. Here is a website (http://www.thecampaign.org/) concerning it, and here is a article on GA crops in the US (article) (http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/861360.asp)

Titan
02-17-2003, 09:09 PM

I apologize if my response sounded offensive, I wasn't trying to convey it as such. I was just simply trying to mention that church and state should be kept separate, yet that doesn't seem to be the case with alot of things these days.

Phlip
02-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Titan
I apologize if my response sounded offensive, I wasn't trying to convey it as such. I was just simply trying to mention that church and state should be kept separate, yet that doesn't seem to be the case with alot of things these days.
No offense taken.

realracersuseapc
02-24-2003, 11:32 PM

yea theres this quote from the 6th day that really makes you think... (yea its kinda sad im quoting from an arnold schwartiHoweverYouSpellHisLastName)

anyways it was something like "theres a kid that had needed a blood transfusion or else he would die and there was a kid that needed a bone marrow transplant or he would also die. the kid that needed the blood can be saved because theres enough blood, but the kid that needs the bone marrow cant be saved unless you clone him and use his own bone marrow to transplant. would it be fair to save only the first kid?" it was something like that.

but then it would also be kinda wierd, cuz if they cloned some one, would the clone be considered a real person? would they be just a copy or real like those sperm bank babies? or how bout the baby of 2 clones? or the baby of a clone and a regular person? ok now im just going nowhere with this...

woa, this is some deep stuff...

whateverjames
02-27-2003, 05:52 PM
That's a reason why I think we're not ready for human cloning. (I'm not for it at all, but you know it's gonna happen). They need think out all of the stuff first and how it would be with clones running around. :o Too confusing for me.

jerzee
02-27-2003, 11:45 PM
all this talk about seeps... anyone remember the show "Lambchop and friends...

"This is the song that doesnt end, it just goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what it was, but they kept on singing just because..."

Those were the days!

whateverjames
02-28-2003, 12:27 AM
lol